If You're Listening To Music Right Now III

Share and discuss.

Re: If You're Listening To Music Right Now III

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:56 pm

The Lion King 2 He Lives in You (Instrumental)

https://youtu.be/DKg08_5VoQI

No words needed. The music is awesome. This music compels me to want to run out into the rain and dance. lol Gorgeous.
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."

"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."

“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:27 am

Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:08 am

Me and my boyfriend, we got a job, me and my boyfriend.. he ain't crazy

The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:08 am

[Lyrics] - Barbie And The Magic Of Pegasus - Hope Has Wings

RaptorWizard ~ The Gale Force Tyranny Cosmos viewtopic.php?f=10&t=195061
Secret Garden viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194124
Buddha Unleashed viewtopic.php?f=25&t=195208
Nihilus Harnesses Yoda Wisdom viewtopic.php?f=5&t=195214
Kazaam viewtopic.php?f=5&t=195203
I'm Lugia Prototype XD001 in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness (Ultimate Weapon, Final Annihilator), the Star Forge Lugia firing AeroBlasts, surging with SuperHolographic Propylon antechamber Polarities, and the SuperUnknown mysteries of the Ruins of Alph in Pokemon Crystal. Wartortle wisdom with age turns Me from fool Meganium, to wise Lugia. Banette ghost doll makes Me Red with Pikachu, Sabrina. Saddle shaped cosmos grows 4ever Infin Champion with Red (Raptors (Red/Eagun) + Warriors (Gold/Infin). Existence is entirely Imaginary, and will never stop expanding and improving!
Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:17 am

Tears, After The Cloudy Weather (Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You) [EXTENDED]

I'm Lugia Prototype XD001 in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness (Ultimate Weapon, Final Annihilator), the Star Forge Lugia firing AeroBlasts, surging with SuperHolographic Propylon antechamber Polarities, and the SuperUnknown mysteries of the Ruins of Alph in Pokemon Crystal. Wartortle wisdom with age turns Me from fool Meganium, to wise Lugia. Banette ghost doll makes Me Red with Pikachu, Sabrina. Saddle shaped cosmos grows 4ever Infin Champion with Red (Raptors (Red/Eagun) + Warriors (Gold/Infin). Existence is entirely Imaginary, and will never stop expanding and improving!
Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:00 pm

so here it worked, though. when these early avant garde fusion bands were in their artsy stage and ran the risk of doing something so bizarre it could very well turn out to be shit instead. but this is good. it was a close call, though; one false move and they would've blown it. gotta give em credit for taking risks like that.

... and this is what happened when annette got a big idea and went solo.

oh god make it stop
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:43 pm

The musicality and beat box in Heartbreaker is what drew me to the song, and having not initially liked Gossip Man, it has grown on me.

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby gib » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:35 am

Hello ladies and gentlemen!

I know I don't post much here anymore, but I always come back when I've uploaded a new mix. Check it out:

Here it is at 8tracks:

https://8tracks.com/giblettes/summer-2019
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

I don't care about income inequality, I care about the idea that there are people who have actual obstacles to success.
-Ben Shapiro

...we hear about the wage gap, the idea that women are paid significantly less than men--seventy two cents on the dollar--that's absolute shear nonesense--it is absolute nonesense--in 147 out of 150 of the biggest cities in America, women make 8% more money than men do in their peer group. That wage gap is growing, not shrinking.
-Ben Shapiro

We're in a situation now where students can go to university and come out dumber than when they went in. They are infantalized by safe space and trigger warning culture, the idea that interogating a new idea, coming into contact with a school of thought or a person that doesn't conform to your prejudices is somehow problematic, that it gives rise to trauma.
-Milo Yiannopoulus

Fuck your feelings, snowflake
-Milo Yiannopoulos
gib
resident exorcist

Postby Arcturus Descending » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:03 pm

Marcus Warner - Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHLHFn-LQ8g

Moves me to tears. As I listen to this music, I imagine myself turning into an animal or being one but which one ~~ or am I riding one ~~~ but which one?

Perhaps I would be riding the elephant while humming this exquisite music to him ~~ both of us soaring.

But again, which animal am I turning into while listening to this? Time will tell.
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."

"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."

“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby derleydoo » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:24 am

https://youtu.be/9ODkIhKL2fY

One day, someone will tell me how to upload it properly.

Phillip Glass and Ravi Shankar. Saw Anouska Shankar perform this live on the BBC Proms. Unable to find a copy. Her performance was spell-binding. The BBC should put it on YouTube. It should be shared.
derleydoo
Thinker

Postby Gloominary » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:37 pm

Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby Gloominary » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:06 pm

Last edited by Gloominary on Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:56 pm

promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:57 pm

Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:51 pm

derleydoo wrote:https://youtu.be/9ODkIhKL2fY

One day, someone will tell me how to upload it properly.

Add the elements in bold to the copied link.

https://youtu.be/9ODkIhKL2fY

[youtube] https://www.youtu(.)<removebe.com/watch?v=9ODkIhKL2fY [/youtube]

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:54 am

Ellie Goulding - Burn (At Dawn We Rage Remix)

Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:50 am

"Weird Al" Yankovic - The Saga Begins (Official Video)

Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:11 pm

Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:42 pm

... you're getting

promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:16 am

You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby promethean75 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:57 pm

the greatest conservative fear; that the wild and experimental spirit of nature lets everything new, unfamilar and strange, suddenly loose, the moment man has put everything under control and made himself and his society comfortable. 'tradition' is that stalwart attempt to seize this dynamic, or at least anticipate with some suspicion its inevitable approach, and be ready for it. but every age, every empire, every culture, overestimates its preparedness and place in this continuum, and in finally losing its footing, its timing (e.g., the sudden springing forth of the 12/8 meter below), becomes dizzied with disorientation and uncertainty. this most aptly characterizes the conservative ethos against unpredictable oddities and copiousness; the nervous attempt to substitute the immortality of his culture for the mortality of himself. to 'keep a simple beat', as it were, for cultures to come. but 4/4 is outdated.

nietzsche wrote:... with one blow the bond and the compulsion of the old discipline are torn apart: that discipline no longer registers as necessary, as a condition of existence - if it wished to remain in existence, it could do so only as a form of luxury, as an archaic taste. Variation, whether as something abnormal (something higher, finer, rarer) or as degeneration and monstrosity, suddenly bursts onto the scene in the greatest abundance and splendour; the individual dares to be individual and stand out. At these historical turning points there appear alongside each other and often involved and mixed up together marvellous, multifaceted, jungle-like growths, an upward soaring, a kind of tropical tempo in competitiveness for growing and an immense annihilation and self-destruction, thanks to the wild egoisms turned against each other and, as it were, exploding, which wrestle with one another "for sun and light" and no longer know how to derive any limit, any restraint, or any consideration from the morality they have had up to that point. This very morality was the one which built up such immense power, which bent the bow in such a threatening manner - now, at this moment, it has become "outdated."

promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:58 am

MLP Chrysalis Busta Rhymes Linkin Park We Made It

Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:07 pm

promethean75
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:37 pm

i just want to say i know how hard it can be sometimes when everywhere you go there are desperate degenerates and nihilists and lesbian soccer players with purple hair demanding equal pay and determinists and immigrants and democrats and morons. our world is bursting at the seams with indecision and uncertainty right now, and things are changing really fast. i understand how confusing all this can be, and sometimes when i need a little support i find wisdom and guidance in the work of wilson phillips. i'd like to send this one out to all of you in these troubled times....

promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:16 am

Meno_
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment