For the attention of sleepy MagsJ

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

For the attention of sleepy MagsJ

Postby barbarianhorde » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:23 pm

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=194892

barbarianhorde wrote:I am posting one here out of pure admiration for this post, not because it is the one singular best written post, but because, it occurs to me there is so much great literature out here even though it is hidden in quite a lot less elegant stuff and yet, the good writing is worth taking a look at even if you're not following a thread.

So heres my first contender. Afterwards I will give a shot explanation of why this is good and I think that should be the norm for submissions.

Exuberant Teleportation wrote:When I was in 6th grade, it was my 1st real exposure to that code, and the interchangeability of matter and energy was nothing compared to the revelation I had in 11th grade, while reading Michio Kaku's Hyperspace that THE FASTER YOU GO THROUGH SPACE, THE SLOWER YOU GO THROUGH TIME!

And you can never reach the speed of light, because the closer you get to it, the more mass you will gain from the energy of your speed. All of that extra luggage will just slow you down, never letting you get that fast.

Is there a law of the universe that could break down, a chaotic fissure that could shatter the existential game, and rewrite the codes to let us command existence as we please? Perhaps, and to cap off this glorious achievement, we would truly be the masters of our fate, the builders of destiny.

And now how did Einstein come to fashion his marvelously elegant theory of relativity? Well, it begin with the works of Newton, Faraday, and Maxwell. Everyone, we all know about Newton (who certainly wasn't as smart as Einstein, because his quotes are weaker), but Faraday/Maxwell pioneered our knowledge on electromagnetic fields, helping Einstein to visualize what would happen if we were to travel alongside a beam of light.

Now, 1 interesting thing about relativity is that space is curved by the mass of matter, and if gravity were infinite, time would stand still.

If we could achieve this timeless feature like we see at the singularities at the center of black holes, then we would invent time machines. And travelling through the wormhole, to other universes could also be fascinating but, like lightspeed, how do we get through a black hole wormhole tunnel that we've been inexorably frozen win time in?

These questions are amazingly complex, but we have the time and resources to work the impossible.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=175737&start=175

First of all, think this is good because it takes a difficult subject that has been treated with articles and science fiction about as many times as a blade of grass was eaten by a cow on the good green earf, so often. And it manages to not be just another blip but actually an exciting proposal to invent time travel based on a scientific argument for its possibility. So it is like a spark. Sparks are always hard to pull off without a hammer and anvil. I mean to say, this is harder than it looks. "Make things as simple as possible but not simpler" - ... Einstein

now please stop fucking with me.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Re: For the attention of sleepy MagsJ

Postby promethean75 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:36 pm

I believe what B. Horde wishes to say is that y'all gonna make me lose my mind. Up in here. Up in here.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:49 pm

promethean75 wrote:I believe what B. Horde wishes to say is that y'all gonna make me lose my mind. Up in here. Up in here.

Now You're talking and perhaps feel what it is like to experience inordinate amounts of sleeplessness. The inexplicable role of the man in the middle is awesomely terrible.

https://youtu.be/RCBrw_qFcAo
Meno_
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:28 pm

barbarianhorde wrote:now please stop fucking with me.

Don't tell me what to do! especially that ^^^.

You are obviously not aware of my predicament, so are talking from a position of ignorance re me.. and go get a sense of humour while you're at It.

I will not be responding further, as it seems that you read far too much ill will in my post than there ever really was. I've eliminated such (negative) types from my life a long time ago.. so do one!
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:30 pm

promethean75 wrote:I believe what B. Horde wishes to say is that y'all gonna make me lose my mind. Up in here. Up in here.

No.. that would be the drugs.

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get that time back, and I may need it for something at some point in time. Wait! What?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby promethean75 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:20 am

oh bugger all. you're taking the piss.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:29 am

promethean75 wrote:oh bugger all. you're taking the piss.

Should I read that in an English accent? lol.

Man can go read ill will in someone else's posts, innit.

:lol:

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Carleas » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:27 pm

I was already confused before the Cockney rhyming slang came out, now I'm hopelessly lost.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby Exuberant Teleportation » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:10 pm

Wow, that thread's absolutely amazing. Feel free to get My attention in the Future in a way that I may more clearly see.

And it's inspiring to get a few occasional reactions to my idea building process/archive keeping. I'm a very organized person, so I keep my records up to date.

Now Einstein say the universe as a library, with codes, symbols, hexagrams, and totems flooding our imagination and opening stargates everywhere. And I see some people in this thread have a far greater technical understanding of relativity than I do. I was in it most largely for the philosophical implications.

Like, what's the biggest bubble we can create? Are we headed for a Big Chill (the death of the universe expanding forever and freezing)? Is the deepest darkness capable of being penetrated? Things of that nature.
RaptorWizard ~ The Gale Force Tyranny Cosmos viewtopic.php?f=10&t=195061
Secret Garden viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194124
Buddha Unleashed viewtopic.php?f=25&t=195208
Nihilus Harnesses Yoda Wisdom viewtopic.php?f=5&t=195214
Kazaam viewtopic.php?f=5&t=195203
I'm Lugia Prototype XD001 in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness (Ultimate Weapon, Final Annihilator), the Star Forge Lugia firing AeroBlasts, surging with SuperHolographic Propylon antechamber Polarities, and the SuperUnknown mysteries of the Ruins of Alph in Pokemon Crystal. Wartortle wisdom with age turns Me from fool Meganium, to wise Lugia. Banette ghost doll makes Me Red with Pikachu, Sabrina. Saddle shaped cosmos grows 4ever Infin Champion with Red (Raptors (Red/Eagun) + Warriors (Gold/Infin). Existence is entirely Imaginary, and will never stop expanding and improving!
Exuberant Teleportation
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:20 pm

Carleas wrote:I was already confused before the Cockney rhyming slang came out, now I'm hopelessly lost.

It started after this slight misunderstanding, of which I acknowledged, but which then spawned reference to our exchange in this thread, which should have been replied to and addressed in said thread.

Saying "Because I'm a man" is not going to make that man more intelligent than that female, if he isn't, nor will it help him to jump to the front of the proverbial queue.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Return to Meta