Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:03 pm

Carleas and crew just don't like any new expirimental philosophy or methods that don't fall straight into their orthodox views and ways. End of the story.

They can't handle raw, untamed, and uncontrollable viewpoints. It's too much for them.

It's too dangerous and a threat to their beloved mainstream.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:50 pm

I have no love of moderating at all, however with that said,
posting a photo and calling it philosophy, isn't philosophy,
especially considering you didn't take or create the photo.
Posting a picture and proclaiming it philosophy is a weak move
and personally, I find it a really dam irritating. a photo or a video
is a superficial means to impart information because it doesn't get to
the story or narrative we need to make a decision. A picture may be pretty and nice
like a photo of a sunset but doesn't say anything about the sunset or say anything
about anything, just that this sunset is pretty. There is no information or story or
narrative about a picture of a sunset and we can't decide anything or judge anything
or have a story about a picture that has no context. With words, we can have a story,
we can have context, we can have something to decide on, a picture, not so much.
there is nothing complex or innovated or original about posting a picture and
calling it philosophy of some sort. Its weak, irritating and superficial. use your words.
words are philosophy and can be about context and innovated and original.

Kropotkin
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security
wind up with neither."
"Ben Franklin"
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 8098
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:48 pm

Oh my gosh, photo illustrative philosophy threatens our simpleton pedantic philosophical orthodoxy! Run for the hills!

Protect and save the children! :lol:
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:30 pm

Am I the only person who doesn't even care or notice where a thread is? I just log on and click new posts, then if those are all boring I'll click view your posts and scroll down the page. How much does it really matter if a thread is in this or that section?
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 26064
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Carleas » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:51 pm

I can think of a few reasons one might care:
- There are different moderators by section, so picking a section can be a way to pick moderation.
- Some people only read threads in a certain section, so picking a section can be a way to pick audience and interlocutors.
- Some forums don't get indexed by Google and aren't visible to non-members (as I recall this only applies to Rant House).
- Some forums serve a signaling purpose (especially Rant House and Sandbox).
- Forums can signal meaning, e.g. a topic about abortion in Society, Government, & Economics is probably intended to discuss something different from a similar topic in Religion & Spirituality.

But you are right that for many threads, these won't matter much, and even less so if you're only responding to threads (rather than starting threads).
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 6098
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:00 am

*starts laughing hilariously* *wipes the tears away with some Kleenex and precedes to laugh some more*
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:44 pm

Are we going to start desecrating news and current events threads to the Sandbox also? WTF?! :evil:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=190017
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:48 pm

Private exchange between me and Uccisore:

HaHaHa wrote:
Uccisore wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:Is there any reason why you moved the news article on the Chinese government?


Ya, you're a terrible contributor and I don't want you on SGE. Also, it didn't actually have any content- it's pretty typical to dump/move/delete posts that are just copy-pastes from another location.


I'm sorry, did you not read the article? Was it too much for you to read through?

Thankfully that's not your call, as that is Carleas.

By the way, I'll be publishing this exchange. You can try to hide behind your moderating power all you want.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Uccisore » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:10 pm

I admit, I had originally typed "You're a shit poster who hardly ever contributes anything worth reading and I don't want you on SGE", but then I changed it at the last moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mPuckq ... ure=vmdshb

http://deepfreeze.it/ Curious about corrupt practices in video game journalism? Look no further.
User avatar
Uccisore
The Legitimatizer
 
Posts: 13279
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:14 pm
Location: Deep in the forests of Maine

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Uccisore wrote:I admit, I had originally typed "You're a shit poster who hardly ever contributes anything worth reading and I don't want you on SGE", but then I changed it at the last moment.


Too late. Smile.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Exchange 2

HaHaHa wrote:
Uccisore wrote:
It was written with the expectation that everybody would see it.


Whatever, you got away with it because you're a moderator. I am going to make it where everybody hears about this.Have a great day. :)
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Carleas » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:21 pm

I don't understand why you think that qualifies as a post that needs to be protected. You literally just copied and pasted the entirety of someone else's blog post -- and without attribution. Your post is effectively the same as if you had just posted a link to another site (and, for copyright reasons, I am going to edit your post to replace the text with a link).

But copyright issues aside, why should that be treated as a valid way to post? You, Joker, haven't said anything, you just pointed at someone else who said something. We don't know if you, Joker, agree or disagree, find it exciting or disturbing, or if you even understand the content of the post to which you link.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 6098
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:27 pm

Carleas wrote:I don't understand why you think that qualifies as a post that needs to be protected. You literally just copied and pasted the entirety of someone else's blog post -- and without attribution. Your post is effectively the same as if you had just posted a link to another site (and, for copyright reasons, I am going to edit your post to replace the text with a link).

But copyright issues aside, why should that be treated as a valid way to post? You, Joker, haven't said anything, you just pointed at someone else who said something. We don't know if you, Joker, agree or disagree, find it exciting or disturbing, or if you even understand the content of the post to which you link.


I could of been warned or something where I probably more than likely would of edited it to meet expectations.

However, Uccisore has already has shown his hand concerning utter contempt and hate for me. Got to like that unbiased moderating around here.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:28 pm

Uccisore wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
Uccisore wrote:
It was written with the expectation that everybody would see it.


Whatever, you got away with it because you're a moderator. I am going to make it where everybody hears about this.Have a great day. :)


Of course I 'got away with it' because I'm a moderator. A non-moderator moving threads would be hacking the site.

Anyway, what do you mean 'got away with it'? Already? We didn't even do the part where we argue about whether or not I should be allowed to moderate the site in Help & Suggestions yet.


HaHaHa: Too slow. I already copied and pasted the deleted message for public consumption.

Seig Heil!

You got power and authority to do whatever you want include bullying people around here. I get it.

I'm just shedding a light on all of that for public consumption. If this is how you wants others to know you as that's fine by me. Nobody likes a conniving censoring appointee with an authority complex.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Uccisore » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:33 pm

HaHaHa wrote:
Carleas wrote:I don't understand why you think that qualifies as a post that needs to be protected. You literally just copied and pasted the entirety of someone else's blog post -- and without attribution. Your post is effectively the same as if you had just posted a link to another site (and, for copyright reasons, I am going to edit your post to replace the text with a link).

But copyright issues aside, why should that be treated as a valid way to post? You, Joker, haven't said anything, you just pointed at someone else who said something. We don't know if you, Joker, agree or disagree, find it exciting or disturbing, or if you even understand the content of the post to which you link.


I could of been warned or something where I probably more than likely would of edited it to meet expectations.

However, Uccisore has already has shown his hand concerning utter contempt and hate for me. Got to like that unbiased moderating around here.


A bias against terrible posters that rarely if ever contribute anything to the site is the essence of moderation. Of course I have a bias against people who make ILP worse. Every moderator should.

Anyway, warning has nothing to do with anything. The Sandbox is specifically for posts like yours, so I put it there. If I warned you, your thread would still have been moved.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mPuckq ... ure=vmdshb

http://deepfreeze.it/ Curious about corrupt practices in video game journalism? Look no further.
User avatar
Uccisore
The Legitimatizer
 
Posts: 13279
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:14 pm
Location: Deep in the forests of Maine

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:35 pm

Also, when an article is quoted with a link showing the source of the material that's not copyright infringement Carleas.

Way to butcher my moved and censored thread even more with that action of editing on your part.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Carleas » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:37 pm

HaHaHa wrote:I could of been warned or something where I probably more than likely would of edited it to meet expectations.

I am certain if you were warned and banned for the posts you're complaining about, you would still be here complaining about it.
HaHaHa wrote:However, Uccisore has already has shown his hand concerning utter contempt and hate for me. Got to like that unbiased moderating around here.

Yeah, but his criticism of you was that you're a terrible contributor/shit poster. Even setting aside whether or not that's an accurate description, it's a legitimate reason to take moderator actions against you. If you post shit that clogs up the forum and adds nothing, it's legitimate move it, and as you helpfully point out, it's legitimate to warn and then ban you for it when you keep doing it.

Just try posting as I recommended above, and see what happens. Use your own words to express and defend an idea. If Uccisore bans you for it, you'll have a much stronger case.

As it stands, you're pointing to your shit posts and complaining that Uccisore is treating you like a shit poster. I don't see the problem.

HaHaHa wrote:Also, when an article is quoted with a link showing the source of the material that's not copyright infringement Carleas.

Yes it is.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 6098
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:41 pm

Uccisore wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:
Carleas wrote:I don't understand why you think that qualifies as a post that needs to be protected. You literally just copied and pasted the entirety of someone else's blog post -- and without attribution. Your post is effectively the same as if you had just posted a link to another site (and, for copyright reasons, I am going to edit your post to replace the text with a link).

But copyright issues aside, why should that be treated as a valid way to post? You, Joker, haven't said anything, you just pointed at someone else who said something. We don't know if you, Joker, agree or disagree, find it exciting or disturbing, or if you even understand the content of the post to which you link.


I could of been warned or something where I probably more than likely would of edited it to meet expectations.

However, Uccisore has already has shown his hand concerning utter contempt and hate for me. Got to like that unbiased moderating around here.


A bias against terrible posters that rarely if ever contribute anything to the site is the essence of moderation. Of course I have a bias against people who make ILP worse. Every moderator should.

Anyway, warning has nothing to do with anything. The Sandbox is specifically for posts like yours, so I put it there. If I warned you, your thread would still have been moved.



What's your definition of terrible exactly?

Oh, that's right, anybody that isn't a god fearing paleo- conservative Reaganite like you.

Image
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:44 pm

Carleas comes in and defends his censoring appointees. No surprise there.

Then he accuses me of copyright infringement where there is none. Priceless.

He said there is no content even when the content was a news article that I was sharing with the forum.

At this rate Carleas and Uccisore are going to be hosting a book burning campaign. :lol:
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Carleas » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:58 pm

HaHaHa wrote:he accuses me of copyright infringement where there is none. Priceless.

I know it's done commonly on the internet, but it's still infringement. You can't copy the entirety of someone's work and post it in full on another site, whether or not you include a link back to it. I'm not a huge copyright booster, but it is copyright infringement. And I'm sure similar things happen on ILP from time to time, but this one is flagrant and was brought to my attention, so I removed it.

Fortunately, since your post contained no content other than the content you copied and pasted from that site, the link to the site is a perfect substitute.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi
 
Posts: 6098
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:10 pm
Location: Washington DC, USA

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:20 pm

Carleas wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:he accuses me of copyright infringement where there is none. Priceless.

I know it's done commonly on the internet, but it's still infringement. You can't copy the entirety of someone's work and post it in full on another site, whether or not you include a link back to it. I'm not a huge copyright booster, but it is copyright infringement. And I'm sure similar things happen on ILP from time to time, but this one is flagrant and was brought to my attention, so I removed it.

Fortunately, since your post contained no content other than the content you copied and pasted from that site, the link to the site is a perfect substitute.


I have similar posts all throughout the forum unedited. This was just to delete the evidence of moderator shenanigans. I understand Carleas. Well, I'm done talking with you both today. It's all public record here in this thread of the actions taken by both of you. [ilovecensorship]
Last edited by Mictlantecuhtli on Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Uccisore » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:21 pm

HaHaHa wrote:

What's your definition of terrible exactly?

Oh, that's right, anybody that isn't a god fearing paleo- conservative Reaganite like you.


Nobody who pays attention to SGE could possibly think so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mPuckq ... ure=vmdshb

http://deepfreeze.it/ Curious about corrupt practices in video game journalism? Look no further.
User avatar
Uccisore
The Legitimatizer
 
Posts: 13279
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:14 pm
Location: Deep in the forests of Maine

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Uccisore wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:

What's your definition of terrible exactly?

Oh, that's right, anybody that isn't a god fearing paleo- conservative Reaganite like you.


Nobody who pays attention to SGE could possibly think so.



:lol:
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Uccisore » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:43 pm

I am sorry this did not go the way you wanted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mPuckq ... ure=vmdshb

http://deepfreeze.it/ Curious about corrupt practices in video game journalism? Look no further.
User avatar
Uccisore
The Legitimatizer
 
Posts: 13279
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:14 pm
Location: Deep in the forests of Maine

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:44 pm

Uccisore wrote:I am sorry this did not go the way you wanted.


No you're not. :-"
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Image
User avatar
Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit
 
Posts: 7202
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:31 am
Location: Concrete Wilderness.

PreviousNext

Return to Meta



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users