Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Re: Joker Complaint Thread- Carleas Please Read.

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:45 pm

Hey, you know what, it kinda did actually.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=190019
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Mictlantecuhtli
Nihilistic Mystic And Hermit

Postby Carleas » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:53 pm

HaHaHa wrote:This was just to delete the evidence of moderator shenanigans.

Mmmm, that's why I signed the edit and explained how I edited the post. As a coverup.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby Uccisore » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:51 pm

Carleas wrote:
HaHaHa wrote:This was just to delete the evidence of moderator shenanigans.

Mmmm, that's why I signed the edit and explained how I edited the post. As a coverup.

You just didn't count on Joker to reveal your misdeeds!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mPuckq ... ure=vmdshb

http://deepfreeze.it/ Curious about corrupt practices in video game journalism? Look no further.
Uccisore
The Legitimatizer

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:15 am

So, what now?

I'm not allowed to quote news articles now? Are you fucking kidding?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=190019
Civilization is a ship of fools headed to a one way destination of catastrophe and annihilation, its many captains populated by asshole-idiots that all agree it is unsinkable.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Carleas » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:52 pm

As I explained to you by PM, you can't just lift a whole article off of another site and repost it here. You can quote an article, you can reference an article, you can talk about an article. I think there's a colorable argument that you can remix an article. But you can't take an article whole hog.

I'll quote what I told you by PM, because I think it bears stating publicly:
I wrote:A blog post is a copyrighted work, and taking that copyrighted work and reproducing it in its entirety on a different website without permission is copyright infringement. In general I'm protected as an intermediary under the DMCA 'safe harbor', but when you point me to a post with a clear copyright infringement, I could easily be found to lose that safe harbor protection.

Not kidding. Write your own material and this won't be a problem. Have opinions of your own, express them in your own words, don't just parrot what someone else wrote, and this question won't come up. But copypasta a whole post from another website, and it's copyright infringement.
User Control Panel > Board preference > Edit display options > Display signatures: No.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:11 pm

Where is the law you can't quote an entire news article? It's not like I am going out of my way saying that I wrote the piece.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Carleas » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:41 pm

HaHaHa wrote:Where is the law you can't quote an entire news article? It's not like I am going out of my way saying that I wrote the piece.

In the US, the law is the Copyright Act and its amendments (but really, almost any country's copyright law and a whole bunch of international treaties signed on to by almost every country on earth say the same thing). An article is an original work of authorship, it is subject to copyright protection, and you can't copy it without the permission of the author. You don't have to claim that you wrote it in order for it to be copyright infringement. Just copying it violates the rights of reproduction, distribution, and public display.

Seriously, just Google this if you don't believe me. Or start here. See this case for how the DMCA applies to websites.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:32 pm

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=190053

Seriously? :lol: What did I violate now? :x

Thread wasn't even up for two minutes and got moved.

Sounds like a pissed off American paleo conservative is behind this more recent action.

I criticized their beloved conservative messiah.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Carleas » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:13 pm

It's not all about violating, Joker, it's also about meeting a standard. Your thread is a facetious tribute, it's not philosophy about society, the government, or economics. Dance about society, the government, or economics isn't what the forum is for. Art about society, the government, or economics isn't what the forum is for. And facetious tributes about society, the government, or economics aren't what the forum is for.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:33 pm

Carleas wrote:It's not all about violating, Joker, it's also about meeting a standard. Your thread is a facetious tribute, it's not philosophy about society, the government, or economics. Dance about society, the government, or economics isn't what the forum is for. Art about society, the government, or economics isn't what the forum is for. And facetious tributes about society, the government, or economics aren't what the forum is for.

Oh, well pardon me, we have to be serious about everything with no need for political satire. :lol:

Don't want to upset all the fine upstanding serious people around here. No, we can't have any of that.

Wouldn't want to damage the delicate high standards of this place.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:58 pm

This thread is like when a bunch of women live together and they all end up having their periods at the same time.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

What exactly is logic? -Magnus Anderson

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
http://www.innocenceproject.org/
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:05 pm

mr reasonable wrote:This thread is like when a bunch of women live together and they all end up having their periods at the same time.

I'm guessing you have experience with that somehow.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:23 pm

That's what happens if you have 2 or 3 bitches living with you. Eventually, through some miracle of nature, they all get their periods synced up and throw fits at the same time as each other every month.
Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.

Support the innocence project on AmazonSmile instead of Turd's African savior biker dude.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:01 pm

mr reasonable wrote:That's what happens if you have 2 or 3 bitches living with you. Eventually, through some miracle of nature, they all get their periods synced up and throw fits at the same time as each other every month.

That sounds like a lot of Tampex man. Just tell them to shove a cork up it or something.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Mr Reasonable » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:09 am

It's a good idea to always keep a box of tampons around. I get the pack that has different ones depending on the flow. Some for spotting, some for regular flow, and some heavy flow ones just in case shit gets deep. I'm not even kidding. I've got curling irons and hair dryers and tampons and nail polish remover and all kinds of shit under my sink that's pretty much just there for the bitches. Just make sure and get the good kind. Bitches don't like generic toiletries.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Mon May 02, 2016 7:02 pm

It said I'm at a warning level three, what happens when I get to level five?

Will Carleas give me a prize followed by a gift card to my favorite restaurant? :lol:

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Carleas » Mon May 02, 2016 7:32 pm

As I pointed out in PM this morning, the warning/banning schedule is in the forum philosophy:
Staff Intervention

If a member's behavior is disruptive to discussions, staff will intervene to prevent further disruption. Ideally, a private message or a post in a given thread will be enough, but if it not, additional actions may be taken based on the number of similar actions a user has incurred in the past 6 months:
1st warning: board warning, no further action
2nd: the user will be barred from posting for 24 hours
3rd: barred from posting for 4 days
4th: 1 week
5th: 1 month
6th: 3 months
7th: 3 months, but seriously, 7 warnings in 6 months when you can't post for 4.5 of them? Why do you come back?

I think this schedule could use some updating, but that's as it stands now.

So, if you get 5 warnings (they aren't 'levels', but rather the number of times your shite posting hasn't risen to the low standard of being acceptable here), you'd get banned for a month.
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Mon May 02, 2016 11:06 pm

^^^^So, I wouldn't win a prize or a gift card to a restaurant then Carleas? :(

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Carleas » Tue May 03, 2016 2:07 pm

A prize? Do you consider being so insufferable that no one wants you around to be an accomplishment?
Carleas
Magister Ludi

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Tue May 03, 2016 2:13 pm

Carleas wrote:A prize? Do you consider being so insufferable that no one wants you around to be an accomplishment?

Yes I do, if I am to be honest. So, is there going to be a prize or not?

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed May 04, 2016 4:30 am

Joker, stop being so needy and desperate. I don't know what's happened to you lately man but you've sorta started to act like a bitch. I mean, the charts that you don't understand, the crying about your threads being moved, the posting of pics absent any argument. You're better than all that. Really.

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Wed May 04, 2016 7:41 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:Joker, stop being so needy and desperate. I don't know what's happened to you lately man but you've sorta started to act like a bitch. I mean, the charts that you don't understand, the crying about your threads being moved, the posting of pics absent any argument. You're better than all that. Really.

Charts I don't understand? I think you have that confused with yourself.

On many occasions you have proved to me that you can't read charts properly whatsoever. Unlike the Scottstrade or E-Trade account that you probably use there is nobody and nothing around to read the data for you.

I bet you have a financial broker that handles all your money and investments where you don't even do a thing.

All of this coming from you is rich.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby Only_Humean » Fri May 13, 2016 2:59 pm

For someone so nihilist and cynical, HaHaHa seems awfully whiny about how unfair the power structures oppress his special creative gifts and unique insights.

It's a site, with rules and standards. If you can't meet them, there are plenty of less demanding places.

The biology of purpose keeps my nose above the surface.
- Brian Eno
Only_Humean
ILP Legend

Postby Mictlantecuhtli » Fri May 13, 2016 9:44 pm

Only_Humean wrote:For someone so nihilist and cynical, HaHaHa seems awfully whiny about how unfair the power structures oppress his special creative gifts and unique insights.

It's a site, with rules and standards. If you can't meet them, there are plenty of less demanding places.

Yeah, you hate and despise me. Tell us something we don't already know.

Mictlantecuhtli

Postby zinnat » Sun May 15, 2016 11:03 am

HaHaHa wrote:
Only_Humean wrote:For someone so nihilist and cynical, HaHaHa seems awfully whiny about how unfair the power structures oppress his special creative gifts and unique insights.

Yeah, you hate and despise me. Tell us something we don't already know.

By the way, who are included on these WE?
Can you name them!

With love,
Sanjay
zinnat
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Meta