Is God’s plan on track? Were we created to be sinners?

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Postby Greatest I am » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:27 pm

Many think that God has a plan for all of us sinners, a perfect plan actually, to get as many of us into heaven as possible. Even all of us, if God is as perfect as some say he is. No God worth the title would have it any other way.

God's plan can never go off track or be fouled as that would show a weakness in God and his ability to plan perfectly.

The above being irrefutable, if there is a God and a plan, indicates that this reality is the best that Yahweh can accomplish?

It is interesting that scriptures say that to backslide is evil, while it ignores that if there is a plan in place, then the world is in it’s best possible form. Scriptures that show a backsliding God and world must be wrong.

Thanks to God’s plan, we are living in perfection. To think otherwise would be seeing God get a fail on maintaining the initial perfection of creation.

In the beginning, all was perfect. That perfection cannot be allowed to backslide if there is a God.

Do you see God as a backslider or a God whose plan is running along in a perfect way?

Sing the hymn with me of Adam’s sin. It says that Adam’s sin was a happy fault and necessary to God’s plan.

Were we created to be sinners?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Philosopher

Re: Is God’s plan on track? Were we created to be sinners?

Postby Venture » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:04 am

What about how changes in language over time and the ability to transliterate ancient texts obfuscates the details of God's plan in scripture so it is easier for us to get lost or fall away from God's plan?

Time and Language, along with politics and markets, seem like things God has no interest in regulating because they've been invented by humanity.

God is, while we think in terms of has been, will be, is. God doesn't speak English or Hindi or Mandarin, but the message of what God means or what it feels to be at peace with God pervades all languages and cultures. Politics drives people for power and markets drive people for monopoly, yet some will claim divine rights to the throne or that a political figure has more of the holy spirit in him than another, and some people might use God or luck as the reason they've made so much money, or the reason they need more money.

God's plan for us is different than God himself. We cannot know the future yet we'd love to be the psychic down the road predicting everyone's future, or be the next nostradamus predicting where the pips on the foreign exchange rate or the stock price on an undervalued company are going to go, but we can't predict the future.

I'd say yes to both of your original questions, but whether that's a matter of fact or a matter of opinion will be up to us and not only me.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
"
Venture

Re: Is God’s plan on track? Were we created to be sinners?

Postby Greatest I am » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:45 pm

Venture wrote:What about how changes in language over time and the ability to transliterate ancient texts obfuscates the details of God's plan in scripture so it is easier for us to get lost or fall away from God's plan?

Time and Language, along with politics and markets, seem like things God has no interest in regulating because they've been invented by humanity.

God is, while we think in terms of has been, will be, is. God doesn't speak English or Hindi or Mandarin, but the message of what God means or what it feels to be at peace with God pervades all languages and cultures. Politics drives people for power and markets drive people for monopoly, yet some will claim divine rights to the throne or that a political figure has more of the holy spirit in him than another, and some people might use God or luck as the reason they've made so much money, or the reason they need more money.

God's plan for us is different than God himself. We cannot know the future yet we'd love to be the psychic down the road predicting everyone's future, or be the next nostradamus predicting where the pips on the foreign exchange rate or the stock price on an undervalued company are going to go, but we can't predict the future.

I'd say yes to both of your original questions, but whether that's a matter of fact or a matter of opinion will be up to us and not only me.

Thanks for this.

If God created us to be sinners, then is it just for him to punish us for being and doing exactly what he created us to be and do?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
Philosopher

Return to Religion and Spirituality