The ILP Karaoke Bar

Share and discuss.

Re: The ILP Karaoke Bar

Postby barbarianhorde » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:24 pm

promethean75 wrote:Bruh. That was pretty fuckin ill. Lemme talk to J Roc and Killaroo and see if I can get u in.

Your challenges are pretty good.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.
~ Владимир Ильич Ульянов Ленин

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Postby barbarianhorde » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:50 pm

I like the idea of a philosophers entourage, rather than a philosophers crew. Anyway thats what is kind of inevitable. Where a crew is unlikely.
It is true that liberty is precious; so precious that it must be carefully rationed.

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:11 pm

Before you edited the above post, i was going to say I think your not wanting me in your crew is a wise career decision. I'd only disappoint ya. my raps are whack like a half eaten big mac or a Wendy's double stack with just one patty. They thought they had me, but I noticed there was only one patty, so I got my money back. Yeah it's like that. But it wouldn't be for you if you let me in your crew.

Peez, on the other hand, has potential and shows promise. His only problem is, he's got no rhythm. Lyrics are clever and catchy, but his delivery is too nonchalant and lazy, and he can't get no flow going, nah mean?
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby barbarianhorde » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:30 pm

promethean75 wrote:Before you edited the above post, i was going to say I think your not wanting me in your crew is a wise career decision. I'd only disappoint ya. my raps are whack like a half eaten big mac or a Wendy's double stack with just one patty. They thought they had me, but I noticed there was only one patty, so I got my money back. Yeah it's like that. But it wouldn't be for you if you let me in your crew.

Peez, on the other hand, has potential and shows promise. His only problem is, he's got no rhythm. Lyrics are clever and catchy, but his delivery is too nonchalant and lazy, and he can't get no flow going, nah mean?

It wasn't a rejection, but accepting what you both expressed.
Id still prefer to have bunch of crazy philosophers on stage with me though.

Pezer... when we were constantly smoking in the practice building in Montreal he was kicking hard core freestyles that were definitely to the beat. But he needs to get there spontaneously in some ingenious ridiculous way, apparently the structure of it isn't interesting to him otherwise. Im sure he could do it if he cared to prepare some headphones and a mic.

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Postby barbarianhorde » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:37 pm

Look, Pezers first lyrics he posted on my forum, how straightforward they are, how orderly.
Theres really no other way to rap these than to cram them neatly in a the bars of a basic beat.
So he clearly knows what he should be doing.

I'm not idiosincratic
My flow's aristocratic
Erratic is my rhythm
Socratic is the schism
Between me and my people
To them I'm a river
To me they're a steeple
Correcting my merit
You must be a sheepdog
That makes me Toretto
And that makes you Deepak
Antonio Moreno
He showed me the weak side
Since then I'm a venom
To venomous weak gods

But let's talk about tomorrow
Ancient kings be brought down to wallow
Now King Kong look like a koala
Don't mind me as I smother Morgana
Do you see what I see pon de Earf?
Local chieftains lighting my hearth
Things are rarely what you think they are
Because thinking is preceded by existance yar
Or maybe it's exactly what you think they are
Don't let me stop you, just let me light a cigar

But when he starts to rap the emotions connected to it are so volcanic that he completely loses interest in the 4x4 and tries for a pentasyncopic 20x5 or some shit. I appreciate that because I am like William Blake in my general attitudes. But yeah without tempo it doesn't work.

THE HORNED ONE
barbarianhorde
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment