For the love of God!

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

For the love of God!

Postby MagsJ » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:13 am

51818473_313895319265949_856181857643921408_n.png
51818473_313895319265949_856181857643921408_n.png (130.35 KiB) Viewed 1846 times

When I hear the word "Love", it makes me think of... food, my reflection, my coherency.

When I'm looking for advice on love, I most often turn to... the inner workings of my overactive mind.

When I'm having relationship problems, the first thing I usually do is... what relationship? my relationships with others have all broken down over the past year, because I can't be toyed with/manipulated/bullied/wound up/annoyed/dictated to.

On a journey to somewhere.. for something, an Eritrean woman made it her priority to join me.. from the back of the bus, to the viewing row that I occupied, to talk about the bible. #-o

Now.. I don't usually partake in public repartee, especially in discussions of my own private thoughts and feelings on most matters.. but I humoured her and downloaded the bible app she recommended - did she think I needed saving and prayer, or was she simply recruiting for the big guy up there? I so dislike others encroaching on my life and personal space, and thus my thoughts.

Would you be tolerant in such an instance? I really don't want to be, next time. :x
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Re: For the love of God!

Postby MagsJ » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:27 am

51933363_1712515392383168_6767480307886063616_n.png
51933363_1712515392383168_6767480307886063616_n.png (272.14 KiB) Viewed 1844 times

Is this the epitome of love? Is love a diktat? How did we feel loved before God's plans were recommended to us?

My Spiritual being is clashing with the daily Christian reading notifications that this app delivers every day, but my curiosity compels me to not uninstall it, but for no particular or important reason other than that.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby MagsJ » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:56 am

What would your answers be? up in the heavens or down on the ground..

-When you hear the word "Love", it makes you think of...?
-When you're looking for advice on love, you most often turn to...?
-When you're having relationship problems, the first thing you usually do is...?

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Prismatic567 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:13 am

MagsJ wrote:What would your answers be? up in the heavens or down on the ground..

bonding, harmony, peace, for survival of the species.

Myself and own wide range of philosophical knowledge.

-When you're having relationship problems, the first thing you usually do is...?
If any, then first to be mindful, check and modulate one's emotion, psychoanalyze and reflect on all available knowledge to deal with the situation.

I have proven,
God is an impossibility to be real.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=193474
Thus the question of God is moot and a non-starter and I will not entertain anyone who tries to proselytize God to me.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:28 am

Prismatic567 wrote:
MagsJ wrote:What would your answers be? up in the heavens or down on the ground..

bonding, harmony, peace, for survival of the species.

Myself and own wide range of philosophical knowledge.

If any, then first to be mindful, check and modulate one's emotion, psychoanalyze and reflect on all available knowledge to deal with the situation.

I have proven,
God is an impossibility to be real.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=193474
Thus the question of God is moot and a non-starter and I will not entertain anyone who tries to proselytize God to me.

I do not believe in a/any god.. I hope you got that from my witty replies, to the questions on love that the app posed.

You might have listened to this already.. A Universe Not Made For Us (Carl Sagan on religion) is quite compelling.

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Postby Mad Man P » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:48 am

Most of the time when I hear the word love I feel a great deal of sorrow being reminded of how that word has been diluted to something trivial and mundane...
When I'm looking for advice on love... well I'll have to let you know if ever that happens, though the prospect seems absurd to me... it would be like looking for advice on joy.
When I'm having relationship problems, the first thing I usually do is take a critical look at myself, honestly try to identify the problem, then talk to the other person about it, when I have something productive to say.
"I'm just saying that if we want to have a fruitful discussion, we all need to know what the fuck we're talking about" - Carleas

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Mad Man P
Philosopher

Postby surreptitious75 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:14 am

Mags wrote:
When you hear the word love it makes you think of ... ?
When you re looking for advice on love you most often turn to ... ?
When you re having relationship problems the first thing you usually do is ... ?

No to all three

I dont think of anything specific when I hear the word love
I never turn to anyone for advice on love as there is no one
I am not in any relationship so dont have that type of problem
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious75
Thinker

Postby Artimas » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:44 pm

Both, for my ego and what I identify to others as, is upon the ground to be judged, but only truly judged by the "heavens" but my mind is in the "heavens" doing the judging of this temporary identity(ego judged by subconsciousness). I solve issues by using my mind of which I base a model of our reality with its universal laws, in my thoughts to further discover and understand it through self.

-
When you hear the word "Love", it makes you think of...?
I think of sharing you with you or another with another for the only change I promote is the discovery of yourself, not the alteration of it if already discovered. Love and attachment are not to be confused. Love is intangible and powerful due to it being a universal language of least resistance, a path from existential pain.

-
When you're looking for advice on love, you most often turn to...?
subconsciousness and reflection of self to see if I made the mistake if one is made, talk to the other to attempt to understand their point with unbiaseness.

-
When you're having relationship problems, the first thing you usually do is...?

Discuss them, think on and attempt to understand them so a clear point can be made, often a contrast so one may learn the root of issue.

A "god" who deserves worship will be humble enough to reject it; A "god" who demands worship will not be worthy of it.

All smoke fades, as do all delicate mirrors shatter.

"My ancestors are smiling on me, Imperials. Can you say the same?"

"Science Fiction today ~ Science Fact tomorrow"

Change is inevitable, it can only be delayed or sped up. Choose wisely.

Truth is pain, and pain is gain.

Image Image
Artimas
Emancipator of ignorance and also Chameleon upon the stars

Postby MagsJ » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:56 am

The app was steering its users to look to God for love and to put all their love into God.. that to me is for the fanatics, whom the woman on the bus was, and wanted me to become. Why? Does one get a merit or gold star for each person they convert, and the fact that I was born into the faith didn't seem to deter her in her mission, so I can only conclude that she was getting her feel-good factor off me.. I'm happy for her that she felt good in trying to turn me into a religious fanatic for a religion I was born into.

Love is.. not dictated by a religion, but by what we deem it to be for ourselves, it seems. I'm sure that it is a useful tool for those that need moral guidance, but I detest her thinking I did, by approaching me in the first place.. her projection onto me, in this case, was unfounded.

:x

--MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist

Return to Religion and Spirituality