Will machines completely replace all human beings?

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: Will machines completely replace all human beings?

Postby Alf » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:33 pm

Sculptor wrote:
If machines are cheaper than human beeings, then machines replace human beings.p = machines are cheaper than human beings.

Not true.

It is true that machines are cheaper than humans. :!:

Sculptor wrote:As machines replace the work of humans, humans stop earning money and so are unable to purchase the work and products of the machines. When the economy shrinks the machines loose economies of scale and the machines get more expensive, since they are chasing an ever decreasing demand.

This is, after all, why the supposedly "unconditional" basic income is to be introduced. With the basic income, which will not be unconditional at all (conditions for consumption will be: time, place, manner), the products of the machines can be bought. Moreover, the population will be reduced. So there is a solution for the consumption; although again it is not a long-term one; but they already have a solution for that too: Transhumanism. Humans will disappear by becoming machines. They will then only consist of hardware and software - just like the machines consisting of hardware and software.
Alf

Postby Alf » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:50 pm

Machines are supposed to replace all humans, and humans are helping them do it by doing away with themselves. :D 8)
Alf

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:53 pm

That’s humanist.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:54 pm

I identify as human-AI.

- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Alf » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:49 pm

Human intelligence is not artificial.

So if you want to consist of AI, then this is only possible as something artificial, technical, mechanical, made by humans, but not to be equated with them, i.e. something non-human.

So you are someone who either has never been a human being or is already no longer a human being (i.e. has made himself disappear as a human being).

I like your signature:

“To build up is to presuppose love; to be loving is to presuppose love; only love builds up. To build up is to erect something from the ground up—but, spiritually, love is the ground of everything. No human being can place the ground of love in another person’s heart; yet love is the ground, and we can build up only from the ground up. … Take love away—then there is no one who builds up and no one who is built up.” - Søren Kierkegaard
Alf

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:18 pm

You think humans are the only ones who can make intelligent creations? The universe is fine-tuned for life, and life is written in code.

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Alf » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:23 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:You think humans are the only ones who can make intelligent creations?

I did not say that. But as long as the proofs are missing, I can and will only assume what is already proven.
Alf

Postby Alf » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:33 pm

Human technology is a blessing and a misdeed at the same time. Unfortunately. But that is just typically human, at least typically occidental-human.
Alf

Postby Sculptor » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:55 pm

Arminius wrote:If machines are cheaper than human beeings, then machines replace human beings.

What do you think?

:-k

Who' s paying?
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Kathrina » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:00 pm

Alf wrote:Human technology is a blessing and a misdeed at the same time. Unfortunately. But that is just typically human, at least typically occidental-human.

That is the reason why he will continue until he himself disappears through it. It is a tragedy.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kathrina

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:18 pm

Alf wrote:
Ichthus77 wrote:You think humans are the only ones who can make intelligent creations?

I did not say that. But as long as the proofs are missing, I can and will only assume what is already proven.

How much have you actually looked into the evidence?

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Great Again » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:38 pm

Meno_ wrote:
Great Again wrote:
Meno_ wrote:Children defer back to what they were thought, abd the deference goes back ultimately to an unhumanly planet , devoid of any experience.

What do you mean by an "unhumanly plan

et"? What is "unhumanly" in your opinion?

UN human = inhuman as far as a evolutionary ethics can not revert to an eternally willed devolutiontlThat stage predetermines a robotic or cyborgian reoccurance.

But at the stage of the last man, that man has to start to re-evolve to the earliest memory of man kind. A deconstructed stage is still at the stage. Of a partially designated reduction, whereas before the point where the absolute absurd can not become bracketed.

That point is what is guardedly sought after now, in an existentially derived reductive epoche,

Wish to rephrase but now is inopportune.

Perhaps this can also be understood according to the Hegelian dialectic. The human being on the last stage (synthesis) affirms the human being of the first stage (thesis) and negates the human being of the second stage (antithesis).
Great Again

Postby Meno_ » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:18 pm

Perhaps. But more likely in terms of repeating patterns, the tabulate Rosa effect reduces the material essence toward the contours of formally indicated con-textual fabric like structural effects, hence such presumptions become open ended and not signaled epochs in one out of myriad stages of innumerable universal artifacts.

That is, such 'dialectics's range exceeds a phenomenal realization, most simply by the attesting red shifts occurring between stages.

The dialectically developed logic may not have been realized at the earliest stage of cranial anatomical structural hierarchies, albeit prefiguring wormholes, analogical sophistries and descriptions.

Relativity at this stage is not yet fragmented into differential aspects and this singular reality can only begin as loose metaphor, as for instance in parabolic leakage into analogical certainty.

Although the seeds of development into a Ying yang looking static realization are there, the metaphor of cyclic propelling through movement construction, are at the minimum level.(Heraclitus vs. Parmenides)
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Otto » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:07 am

Meno_ wrote:Perhaps. But more likely in terms of repeating patterns, the tabulate Rosa effect reduces the material essence toward the contours of formally indicated con-textual fabric like structural effects, hence such presumptions become open ended and not signaled epochs in one out of myriad stages of innumerable universal artifacts.

That is, such 'dialectics's range exceeds a phenomenal realization, most simply by the attesting red shifts occurring between stages.

The dialectically developed logic may not have been realized at the earliest stage of cranial anatomical structural hierarchies, albeit prefiguring wormholes, analogical sophistries and descriptions.

Relativity at this stage is not yet fragmented into differential aspects and this singular reality can only begin as loose metaphor, as for instance in parabolic leakage into analogical certainty.

Although the seeds of development into a Ying yang looking static realization are there, the metaphor of cyclic propelling through movement construction, are at the minimum level.(Heraclitus vs. Parmenides)

Yes. But .... Who is paying?
Otto

Postby Otto » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:11 am

The machines that can create intelligence have also been built by humans, even when machines build other machines: originally, all machines are built by humans.
Otto

Postby obsrvr524 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:34 pm

Otto wrote:The machines that can create intelligence have also been built by humans, even when machines build other machines: originally, all machines are built by humans.

- An irrelevant placating distraction.

Army tanks, drones, and guided missiles are also built by humans. Do you think they can only do what humans can do? Aren't all machines built to do things humans cannot do sufficiently - faster, stronger -- and yes - a lot smarter.
              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
    It's just the same Satanism as always -
    • separate the bottom from the top,
    • the left from the right,
    • the light from the dark, and
    • blame each for the sins of the other
    • - until they beg you to take charge.
    • -- but "you" have been observed --

The prospect of death weighs naught upon the purpose of life - James S Saint - 2009
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby Otto » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:42 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:
Otto wrote:The machines that can create intelligence have also been built by humans, even when machines build other machines: originally, all machines are built by humans.

- An irrelevant placating distraction.

Army tanks, drones, and guided missiles are also built by humans. Do you think they can only do what humans can do? Aren't all machines built to do things humans cannot do sufficiently - faster, stronger -- and yes - a lot smarter.

You have not understood me.

I have referred to the simple historical fact that it was originally men (and not the machines themselves!), namely occidental men, who invented, created the machines.

The capabilities of the machines are undoubtedly enormous (as you also say), but that is not what I was referring to with my statement.
Otto

Postby Meno_ » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:55 pm

The unending circular motion, the search for an end to pi, could conceive of men made machines, then machines 'making' men , simulating an image of/from an ideal wherever it originates ( outer space, a pod seeded from a loose cannon, a developing jungle animal, ), but men could conceive.machines, which conceivably can program a simulated image of man into a real one.

The idea that a cyborg could drop it's machine parts, the automatic system for example and replace it to become totally human, is not a new one.

The perfect Image of a God, Whose Son is supposed to be simulated, is The Paradigm Example.

Superman becomes a cyclical echo within the eternal spectral modicum. Superman way back abounded as did prophets who saw Whom they were programmed to expect to imitate.

The man-machine difference narrows analogically as does good and evil.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Sleyor Wellhuxwell » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:16 am

Most humans do not even notice that they are becoming more and more like machines. So they will also not notice that and how the machines come into their brains. The mass vaccinations alone are an indication of this non-noticing.

About 80 percent of each nation always go along with everything.
Sleyor Wellhuxwell

Previous

Return to Philosophy