Determinism

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: Determinism

Postby Sculptor » Wed May 05, 2021 6:37 pm

Message to Carleas.

What does it take to get a person banned, you limp dicked moron?
Sculptor
Thinker

Postby iambiguous » Wed May 05, 2021 6:41 pm

Sculptor wrote:Message to Carleas.

I know! Two birds with one stone!! 8)
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Wed May 05, 2021 10:16 pm

Sculptor wrote:
polishyouthgotipbanned wrote:you are too gay faggot, dont cry.

Sorry but your dreams are dashed. I can't be your boyfriend because I already have a female partner, and I am not a homosexual.
Maybe you should go back to cottaging in the local public toilets as you told me you once did.
Don't forget your Vaseline.

Note to peacegirl:

Tell me you wouldn't feel so much better if dreck like this was able to be attributed entirely to nature.

Note to nature:

What's up with this, for fuck sake?!
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Wed May 05, 2021 10:28 pm

Sculptor wrote:
polishyouthgotipbanned wrote:you are too gay faggot, dont cry.

Sorry but your dreams are dashed. I can't be your boyfriend because I already have a female partner, and I am not a homosexual.
Maybe you should go back to cottaging in the local public toilets as you told me you once did.
Don't forget your Vaseline.

The only man I cottaged with was your dad, I beat his ass badly, ooo, I folded him flat and really plowed his ass like a hungry dog.
At the beginning there was only Chaos, Night, dark Erebus, and deep Tartarus. Earth, the air and heaven had no existence. Firstly, blackwinged Night laid a germless egg in the bosom of the infinite deeps of Erebus, and from this, after the revolution of long ages, sprang the graceful Eros with his glittering golden wings, swift as the whirlwinds of the tempest. He mated in deep Tartarus with dark Chaos, winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race, which was the first to see the light. That of the Immortals did nove yielded themselves to their lovers when almost at the end of their youth, being led away by the gift of a quail, a waterfowl, a goose, or a cock.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Wed May 05, 2021 11:19 pm

Are you guys all the same person?
The strong act as they may, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Philosophy Forum - Studio Music - Rhythm Wolf - The Magickal Tree of Life Show
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Wed May 05, 2021 11:26 pm

My only moniker is Lorikeet and Sculptor.
At the beginning there was only Chaos, Night, dark Erebus, and deep Tartarus. Earth, the air and heaven had no existence. Firstly, blackwinged Night laid a germless egg in the bosom of the infinite deeps of Erebus, and from this, after the revolution of long ages, sprang the graceful Eros with his glittering golden wings, swift as the whirlwinds of the tempest. He mated in deep Tartarus with dark Chaos, winged like himself, and thus hatched forth our race, which was the first to see the light. That of the Immortals did nove yielded themselves to their lovers when almost at the end of their youth, being led away by the gift of a quail, a waterfowl, a goose, or a cock.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Thu May 06, 2021 12:02 am

"Note to peacegirl:

Tell me you wouldn't feel so much better if dreck like this was able to be attributed entirely to nature."

Lol!

U r insufferable, Biggs
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Thu May 06, 2021 12:07 am

The kooks are not even hiding with their plots to get me banned.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Thu May 06, 2021 12:09 am

Because u cuss like a goddamn sailor.

Settle down, Beavis.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Thu May 06, 2021 12:20 am

I just wished Satyr would love me like a father should...
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Thu May 06, 2021 12:28 am

Me too, p-youth. Me too.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby peacegirl » Thu May 06, 2021 12:58 am

promethean75 wrote:"Note to peacegirl:

Tell me you wouldn't feel so much better if dreck like this was able to be attributed entirely to nature."

Lol!

U r insufferable, Biggs

He obviously can’t help himself. That doesn’t make his derailing of this thread any less disturbing, nor does it excuse his behavior when he is hurting people with his words! In the world in which we are living, getting someone reprimanded may be the only option short of banning.
http://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Decline-and-Fall-of-All-Evil-10-18-2020-FIRST-3-CHAPTERS.pdf

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention.
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health,
lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys
information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” – Michael Ellner

peacegirl
Philosopher

Postby promethean75 » Thu May 06, 2021 1:55 am

But Biggs is always acting toward greater satisfaction (or however u put it). Add to that that he has no freewill to do otherwise (or however u put it), and you find no rational ground for your wanting him to be banned and refusal to excuse him.

I therefore motion to dismiss these charges on biggses behalf.
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Thu May 06, 2021 1:59 am

peacegirl wrote:
He obviously can’t help himself. That doesn’t make his derailing of this thread any less disturbing, nor does it excuse his behavior! In the world we live in, getting someone banned may be the best option.

Again, this is what I struggle to grasp about her own understanding of free will.

As I understand a determined universe, he literally could not help himself. In fact, all 98 pages of this thread merely reflects the only possible reality.

And, as I understand free will, polishyouth's brain has somehow evolved into matter of an entirely different order. Like yours and mine. It is matter that really is able to opt autonomously to post one point of view rather than another. And, then, given new experiences, new relationships and access to new information, knowledge and ideas he is able to opt freely to change his mind.

But points of view here are, given a real deal free will world, more the embodiment of a subjective frame of mind rooted in dasein. Or, in his case, a "condition".

Whereas in peacegirl's free will/no free will agglomerated brain/mind above, even though he can't help himself, some of us are still justified in being disturbed by what he posts; and that getting him banned is the best option. Even though it would seem that we couldn't help ourselves here either

Makes no sense to me other than by accepting the fact that nature is just not ready to enlighten me. But that would imply a teleological component in nature. And how on earth can we wrap our minds around that...even though it would only be as nature compelled us.

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Thu May 06, 2021 8:50 am

Can You see banning Polish boy is analogous to a Trump imposition that will not simply disappear or go away? They are the minimal and maximal conversions that simply reinforce their odd contradictory messages.

Polish is autistic and Trump disdains the disabled. They are like hidden signals that have silent linkages, the patently disguised markers between their social predicators: social determinism and individual rights.

Both are deceptive in the sense that they hide below the covers of the thoughts they contain.

They will not go, because of the cover which ate easily recognized as do varience by similarity and recognition of identity.

The covers can barely contain or determine the ensuing chaos if somehow they wouldn't work
It's the purveying utaliterionism which gives life to their functional description, and the covers designate only a workeable matrix of function as betweem the two,

But free will becomes illusive or more defined situationally as it's variable function can sufficiently link at some point.

This pseudo retro Kantianism categorically is subscribed which guerentees it's staying power.

This social-communist-capitalist-human rights equilibrium is still present in its most extended symbolic underpinning , by a reduced generality, that necessarily sustains the equlibrium; uneffected by the appearent collapse of the communist system back a couple generations ago.The ideological depth of social control far outweighs the identifiable assumilad inherent stresses.
Meno_
breathless

Postby Sculptor » Thu May 06, 2021 1:31 pm

Sculptor wrote:Message to Carleas.

I've even reported myself.
Sculptor
Thinker

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Thu May 06, 2021 1:58 pm

Meno_ wrote:Can You see banning Polish boy is analogous to a Trump imposition that will not simply disappear or go away? They are the minimal and maximal conversions that simply reinforce their odd contradictory messages.

Polish is autistic and Trump disdains the disabled. They are like hidden signals that have silent linkages, the patently disguised markers between their social predicators: social determinism and individual rights.

Both are deceptive in the sense that they hide below the covers of the thoughts they contain.

They will not go, because of the cover which ate easily recognized as do varience by similarity and recognition of identity.

The covers can barely contain or determine the ensuing chaos if somehow they wouldn't work
It's the purveying utaliterionism which gives life to their functional description, and the covers designate only a workeable matrix of function as betweem the two,

But free will becomes illusive or more defined situationally as it's variable function can sufficiently link at some point.

This pseudo retro Kantianism categorically is subscribed which guerentees it's staying power.

This social-communist-capitalist-human rights equilibrium is still present in its most extended symbolic underpinning , by a reduced generality, that necessarily sustains the equlibrium; uneffected by the appearent collapse of the communist system back a couple generations ago.The ideological depth of social control far outweighs the identifiable assumilad inherent stresses.

Stop writing nonsense nobody can understand you wacko.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby encode_decode » Thu May 06, 2021 2:00 pm

polishyouthgotipbanned wrote:Stop writing nonsense nobody can understand you wacko.

You want me to translate?
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Thu May 06, 2021 2:02 pm

You can but I wont read it because its nonsense.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby encode_decode » Thu May 06, 2021 2:04 pm

polishyouthgotipbanned wrote:You can but I wont read it because its nonsense.

Aww damn.

I was going to translate from Meno to Thought Terror

:lol:

Actually in a way he is on your side by proxy of freedom of speech and in another way he is playing devil's advocate.
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby polishyouthgotipbanned » Thu May 06, 2021 2:07 pm

I honestly think I should be banned for my vulgarities but I cant help myself when faced with dishonesty and idiocy, fortified by arrogance. I thought this forum was a bit better that SHITthyself(and it is) but the dullards here are just as bad and just as dull.
polishyouthgotipbanned
Philosopher

Postby encode_decode » Thu May 06, 2021 2:14 pm

polishyouthgotipbanned wrote:I honestly think I should be banned for my vulgarities but I cant help myself when faced with dishonesty and idiocy, fortified by arrogance.

Meno is of course rattling on about a whole bunch of other stuff. I don't know whether you should be banned. That is a complex issue. Like I said before, you are just being honest. You and I both know that people have a difficult time dealing with honesty. Some idiocy can be falsely identified but most are easy to see. Arrogance...I don't know...I guess, in some ways - depends on the angle one would view you.

Most people here who are upset are more upset by your cussing than anything else.

Some conversations of course take on a different set of English - there is jargon involved.
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby peacegirl » Thu May 06, 2021 2:34 pm

promethean75 wrote:But Biggs is always acting toward greater satisfaction (or however u put it). Add to that that he has no freewill to do otherwise (or however u put it), and you find no rational ground for your wanting him to be banned and refusal to excuse him.

I therefore motion to dismiss these charges on biggses behalf.

I have a rational ground because he’s being verbally abusive. We are still living in a free will environment promethean75.
http://www.declineandfallofallevil.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Decline-and-Fall-of-All-Evil-10-18-2020-FIRST-3-CHAPTERS.pdf

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested: that is, some books are to be read only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously, and some few to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention.

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health,
lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys
information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.” – Michael Ellner

peacegirl
Philosopher

Postby peacegirl » Thu May 06, 2021 2:35 pm

polishyouthgotipbanned wrote:I honestly think I should be banned for my vulgarities but I cant help myself when faced with dishonesty and idiocy, fortified by arrogance. I thought this forum was a bit better that SHITthyself(and it is) but the dullards here are just as bad and just as dull.

You CAN help yourself if you want to, but you don’t want to because it gives you greater satisfaction to name call probably thinking you will be heard. But it’s the opposite polish. Try a different method if you really care about your message.

peacegirl
Philosopher

Postby encode_decode » Thu May 06, 2021 2:52 pm

From what I understand, people call it trolling but I am old and don't fully understand this concept.

Don't real trolls want to be alone?

His language is vulgar but does not worry me. I have witnessed much worse than what polish delivers. From the viewpoint of the privileged and overly comfortable some of his behavior could be considered abusive.
For most, I think it is more annoying than anything else. He takes the stance of the antagonist - a pretty simple role to act out on the internet.

I guess it is a form of verbal abuse if you are susceptible to it. The worst form to me would be the off-balancing form - delivering a constant state of confusion.
encode_decode
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy