The Harmonic Triads

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: The Harmonic Triads

Postby Sculptor » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:17 pm

The irony of the story of the triad, then, is the following: from the work of neo-Kantians like Cousin, we now have a sense of the True, the Good, and the Beautiful being different dimensions, indicating inherent incommensurable directions for the pursuit of value. We often also believe these three to be mutually exclusive and exhaustive of value in itself. Yet we have seen that the triad could only stabilize wibble wibble wibble...

Verbal masturbation of the highest order. People in universities actually get paid money to talk this bullshit.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:38 pm

lol did you say wibble wibble wibble? lol!
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:42 pm

Sculptor wrote:
Ichthus77 wrote:Something I'm playing with to organize some dialectics that make three-part syntheses.

The attached Venn diagram is just a sample/key to start.

See this Google Sheet for many more triads.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wxtknEW5QLl8etwcmtjFOwUEQNbqGwsKpNeaQmPiY3M/edit?fbclid=IwAR3v5nqXBU4fabaJ4h_GvNpnyI0RcqExhSObc-DIoUlOCWhMIg9ezBMnTmA#gid=0

Harmonic Triads Venn Sample.jpeg

Why would you equate "true" with BE and not DO?

And why beautiful with END?

It merges Kant & Hegel & what they drew from. This would take a long explanation. Started when I was studying Kant because I was taking philosophy of art. This is the way I work to understand things.

conduct. DO is deontology/praxis … ethics / practical reason

consequences. END is teleology/art … I think poesis. … aesthetics… judgment

I am sorry I can’t do better right now.

oh true/be … character. it’s ontology… being … virtue … understanding
Last edited by Ichthus77 on Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:48 pm

See the question mark? I wrote that on my philosophy of art prof’s chalkboard after class… trying to figure out where Kant was going.

Best I can do. Sorry.
Attachments
4F1D8102-E5EB-485C-B2E8-B3A8D591436F.jpeg
4F1D8102-E5EB-485C-B2E8-B3A8D591436F.jpeg (67.99 KiB) Viewed 560 times

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:53 pm

I guess you could say “true” is perfect being, or — in our case — just the ground we’re used to.

Each circle has different levels, too. Like…we are made in the image of God, but we can mess with it by conditioning vice or virtue (that’s just one circle)

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:34 am

This says stuff about phusis, nomos, logos which suggests yellow, blue, red
https://iep.utm.edu/sophists/

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:50 pm

shema riff
Attachments
623A34B8-B7A5-4EFE-9B89-DEB2AA19892F.jpeg
623A34B8-B7A5-4EFE-9B89-DEB2AA19892F.jpeg (221.96 KiB) Viewed 515 times

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed May 11, 2022 6:13 pm

Dr. Snyder is leading me to believe imagination/meaning goes in the middle. Thinking about it. Letting only body/feeling be at the top would mesh with Dr. Carter. But. The artisan is creative. So I’m thinking on it.

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed May 11, 2022 6:58 pm

All are creative in their own way. Even the sustainers ;)

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:38 pm

Rough. Could scrap.
Attachments
7CDFE793-5A4B-4C6E-9D95-8B6967D70D63.jpeg
7CDFE793-5A4B-4C6E-9D95-8B6967D70D63.jpeg (76.04 KiB) Viewed 500 times

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri May 13, 2022 4:18 am

I feel so validated & unoriginal at the same time. Except maybe I do put a twist on it. Anywhays. From Brentano’s “Psychology from an empirical standpoint”.

Second Venn is Descartes. Third is Brentano.
Attachments
12F06728-C7D8-4A2C-9ED9-53805901A742.jpeg
12F06728-C7D8-4A2C-9ED9-53805901A742.jpeg (87.71 KiB) Viewed 489 times

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue May 17, 2022 2:46 am

Beginning at attempt to outline the three levels within each sphere. Only one spider being tossed around a triadic mind.
Attachments
A1C0EB81-0D94-4569-97EF-C1F80218844D.jpeg
A1C0EB81-0D94-4569-97EF-C1F80218844D.jpeg (114.6 KiB) Viewed 465 times

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu May 19, 2022 6:35 pm

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue May 31, 2022 3:41 am

Attachments
6025222F-43B2-4954-A1F6-8BFA55CA928D.jpeg
6025222F-43B2-4954-A1F6-8BFA55CA928D.jpeg (75.04 KiB) Viewed 400 times
6923F904-43CC-4345-ACD2-5B8240780EFC.jpeg
6923F904-43CC-4345-ACD2-5B8240780EFC.jpeg (86.14 KiB) Viewed 400 times

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Tue May 31, 2022 5:18 am

Last edited by Meno_ on Tue May 31, 2022 6:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue May 31, 2022 5:47 am

Dussel ain’t no dummy. But the person who puts faith in a button, and the finger that pushes it, and the brain/mind behind the decision moving the finger… without faith in the hands holding the whole thing together… I mean. *sigh* I’m tired. But I’d stay up for that movie.

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Tue May 31, 2022 7:10 am

I see the point. The triad, ontologically dialectically derived, has changed the cut off parts, of what has appeared to be an analytical problem; and it became understood as analogical, but not before, it was turned into a harmonic triad. The harmony does have a calculated-mathematical basis, and it presents an elemental self description of an identifiable synthetic pre-ontological negative trace to the Greek sourced formally described dialectical anagram? I don't know even if I can use that word, but it jumps out at me.

As functional analysis is later a more descriptive way to represent dialectical synthesis, the triads and the gaps between it's trig. features approach a return to an analogous state, as if, informing it's 'prior' state of it's change .

Feels much like a conscious state's efforts to recreate an 'unconscious' simulation in retrospect, as if in line with the produced construction of certain refined structural phenomena, out of the basic uncertainty below.
So there is no real contradiction to what You are implying, in terms of this process because it appears as one shadows the other.

Just musing but it's late..and not to bore You.

The dialectic between material and spirit, is developing less contrasting features with which to be able to perceive the start contrast between foreground and background, with the object changing relative meaning , between a transcending Vanishing or an enhancing signifier.

That this calculus of sense-sensation begets the notion that the epiphenominal perception of a political dialectic caused, a vacuum of significance, indicates the shadow world, with which the spiritual, cross, of the former grounded dialectic is similarly in relationship with.

This is why, I feel Your comment not grounded sufficiently, and offers merely an anti-thethic commentary to the underlying harmonic calculus.

All the quoted sources indicate mere searches to some material supporting the issue.(s)

Just in case. Searching for the safety is easier said then done.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue May 31, 2022 9:06 am

I know it intuitively. It is how I think. I can’t remember when I was first exposed to dialectic, but I came up with a bunch around 2009 when writing Ethics paper. Be/Do/End sprang from noticing patterns in my secular Ethics text.

I love patterns. You imply it’s because they feel safe. These patterns lead you into the fires others run away from. Try again.

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Tue May 31, 2022 2:42 pm

I never discounted this propensity, as both, derived and transcended goals are equally resourceful

That is what is really compelling about Kierkegaard's conception. I will try to try again, God willing.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Tue May 31, 2022 3:01 pm

Meno_ wrote:I never discounted this propensity, as both, derived and transcended goals are equally resourceful

That is what is really compelling about Kierkegaard's conception. I will try to try again, God willing.

But actually that effort will never get rid of a very profound role of instigation, so any effort to a pseudo authentic role, will be particularly oriented toward questions of identity, just skimmed briefly from the same above list of references
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Tue May 31, 2022 3:03 pm

Meno_ wrote:
Meno_ wrote:I never discounted this propensity, as both, derived and transcended goals are equally resourceful

Abd the third zizek bubble will try not to frame ideas within an ameliorate scheme, and that only shows the way intuitive power can exhibit it'self like peeling an onion.

But actually that effort will never get rid of the role of instigation, so any effort to achieve a pseudo authentic role, will be particularly oriented toward questions of identity, just skimmed briefly from the same above list of references

But the question of instigation becomes clear, when put to the test: of transcending it's self; being the truth. In this way patterns become a secondary consuderation.consideration.

Because, at that point of departure, the question of responsibility still rests with a confusion between a masochistic self identity of, the the original aesthesis, that is: the foundation of say Wagner contra Nietzhe can not be edified; simply a melange between being chosen for an undescriptive role; a dialectically analmous mess of choice, that confluences with being chosen as against an arbitrary autonomous pickings.

This 'pattern' can never be signified going forward, hence, no responsibility can be drawn by any vector. As much as I understand that concept.

This manner of description, or the absence of it en-mass, haunted the magnetic draw into the black center of the reversal to crystal clear clarity, observed in the third altar of the sianeze altar, the two egg pattern described.

Note: worthy of observation: sat in same xafe as Sartre , one time remembering sartre's digitalis eye, : maybe in the snake spatial position/orientation : Cafe de'fkeaur or something -will look it up when not rushed as most of the time~may be he thought up the idea of the inauthentic wait-or then and there.

But cut to another channel.
Last edited by Meno_ on Tue May 31, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue May 31, 2022 4:31 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:law (blue), grace (red), truth (yellow)

https://www.gotquestions.org/grace-and-truth.html

Freedom in true, lived law (love, grace, forgiveness, shalom) because it’s the only way to fix / rise above a broken reality—return to the whole the true law describes. Create toward the eternal, or you produce nothing but destruction that valorizes in on itself.

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Re: The Harmonic Triads 4urayes inlynot.

Postby Meno_ » Tue May 31, 2022 4:57 pm

True but here we review \ revisit kierkegaard through this sickness unto dearh.death.

The transcendence of patterns over the reconstruction of the Source's alienation.

Just tryin' to say.

NOT TO WORRY: the familiar/familial patterns of preceeding 'higher' floated zizek balloons have been comfortably been overcome even before the comfort of a pseudo peering-into.

Then what's the bug?

The general disbelief in the/my entrance 2 ilp drwM about polanyi really talking (2me) and opening that cut chanel.Chanel.

As far as without committing an ad-hominem, does zizEc understand that he can't leave? Even if wanting to? Wish could be informed bout with hotel calif.- anyways did not commit patent infringement so less to worry, just a mis Spell. No jury peering would/could convict on any ground.

&nil worries about abstracts fate cause literal father assured me by example. Tnks4list and thing.>>>>>>>>v
v
https://www.project-syndicate.org/comme ... ek-2022-03
^
Last edited by Meno_ on Tue May 31, 2022 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue May 31, 2022 6:03 pm

Nice summary
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sub ... f_Ideology

on earth, as it is in heaven

not my will, unless in line with his

thank God his love runs circles around us

- Irenaeus

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Tue May 31, 2022 6:05 pm

Tnks, even if must say so.
Meno_
The Invisible One

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy