The loss of ART, why?

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Re: The loss of ART, why?

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:14 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:My internal locus of control is def the Holy Spirit. Apart from that I’m tone deaf & just surviving. Maybe others can find a reason to dance without music, but… I’m not others. Pretty sure there are no others. Heh.

Yes. See above^^^confirm visually. will try to find examples in
Dali's art.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:37 pm

Meno_ wrote:
Ichthus77 wrote:My internal locus of control is def the Holy Spirit. Apart from that I’m tone deaf & just surviving. Maybe others can find a reason to dance without music, but… I’m not others. Pretty sure there are no others. Heh.
Exactly, the Revelation must come of the Holy Spirit
and by little boy, I mean he be as Piaget' s criteria of understanding goes: starting around 3-4 years old.

I think different folks develop differently, but yes. The capacity to love is like the capacity to run and do math. We’re born with it, but it gets better with practice, there can be obstacles and handicaps, too, and wrong paths/answers. Fricken beautiful.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:40 pm

Meno_ wrote:

Yes. See above^^^confirm visually. will try to find examples in
Dali's art.

This is interesting.

https://davidschrock.com/2008/10/31/sal ... -is-there/

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Magnus Anderson » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:31 pm

If great art exists, but isn't popular, then it's not representative of the age and shouldn't be used as a proof that art isn't degenerating. Music is very clearly degenerating. There's no way in hell a sane person would find autotune and barely comprehensible, poorly spoken, words a pleasure to listen to. It has something to do with impressionable youth and continuing diminishment of parental influence.
Magnus Anderson
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:11 am

M. And., but that’s what the popular kids like… so it’s popular (most the kids like it) so… you contradicted yourself. And whose generation counts as the authority? Doesn’t the last generation ALWAYS diss the current one?

Maybe “it’s popular” and “it’s old” is not the best way to determine if something is good, beautiful, or true? That’s why the Golden Rule being transcultural or an evolved sense is not enough of an argument for it, just like cultural relativism (which is really a sort of conservatism, isn’t it?) did not stave off the Civil Rights movement, etc.

It’s interesting how knock-off or mass-produced art & cover bands are often considered unoriginal kitsch, despite their popularity (hence economically lucrative).

Art does more than capture your attention by scratching all the right itches like many ads do. It isn’t so obvious (some ads are using this, though…). It doesn’t shove itself down your throat.

It’s like a secret admirer who knows what you like, but doesn’t want you to trace it back or question it … just to appreciate it through recognition that it was done by someone who speaks the same (not necessarily wordless) language. It’s subtle until you see it.

At least that’s what a cool kid told me. Heh.

Always a sucker for a good sunset, personally.

Out of my depth.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:16 am

Ichthus.

Stop with your golden rule shit. It’s getting old.

There are hyper-empath masochists that exist.

They only feel pleasure if they’re hurting everyone and... they’re not violating the golden rule, in fact, they’re following it perfectly.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:26 am

Masochists like to feel pain… sadists like to inflict it (not necessarily on everyone)… why do you keep switching that around…? Why do you think they are following the Golden Rule? If the sadist is empathic about the pain the masochist likes… then the sadist is not actually a terrible person, and why not mind your own business?

Anyway…

Personally think there is nothing subtle about writing love in one’s own blood, except the disciples were freaking oblivious about what he could possibly mean when he was preparing them for his death, all the way up to the resurrection. He is both subtle and a badass.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:33 am

I’m talking about empaths, not sociopaths.

Empaths feel others. If you’re a masochistic empath, when others hurt you feel pleasure. The more others hurt, the more pleasure felt.

You’re not listening to what I’m saying.

A hyper empath masochist has to hurt everyone to experience the most joy... forever.

This is not sadism.

Sadists experience joy at the expense of another...

Empathic masochists experience joy at their own expense by hurting others.

A masochistic hyper empath is NOT violating the golden rule!!!!!

These people exist.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:55 am

Peter. These are people like this guy....

https://youtu.be/DW6_5v8Jb5c

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:56 am

Ec, they should find someone who also likes to empathize with pleasureful pain in self and other. Duh. Let’s get off this fixation, shall we?

I know you are probably making fun of the Golden Mean sketch, so anyway… don’t forget.. too much pleasure (even if it’s pain) can enslave you, so fast from whatever gets too much attention and throws other priorities off-balance (becomes legit pain).

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:59 am

Ichthus77 wrote:Ec, they should find someone who also likes to empathize with pleasureful pain in self and other. Duh. Let’s get off this fixation, shall we?

I know you are probably making fun of the Golden Mean sketch, so anyway… don’t forget.. too much pleasure (even if it’s pain) can enslave you, so fast from whatever gets too much attention and throws other priorities off-balance (becomes legit pain).

You’re going to tell a hyper empath masochist what they SHOULD do?!?! What their consequences are ?!?!?!

The only way to stop them is to strip their empowerments. There are no consequences to being a hyper empath masochist with the golden rule.

That’s their eternal heaven.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:04 am

Ecmandu wrote:Peter. These are people like this guy....

“I haven’t played in a minute, but…” Wow.

Plus he’s humble.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:09 am

Ecmandu wrote:
Ichthus77 wrote:Ec, they should find someone who also likes to empathize with pleasureful pain in self and other. Duh. Let’s get off this fixation, shall we?

You’re going to tell a hyper empath masochist what they SHOULD do?!?! What their consequences are ?!?!?!

The only way to stop them is to strip their empowerments. There are no consequences to being a hyper empath masochist with the golden rule.

If you ask me that question in a video, I might answer it. I want to see what all that punctuation looks like. Sober.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:26 am

Ichthus77 wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:

If you ask me that question in a video, I might answer it. I want to see what all that punctuation looks like. Sober.

I haven’t been stumbling drunk in years...

But if I was, I could think and feel circles around you for the rest of your life.

When my blood alcohol content is around a 0.2 (20%)

I feel as normal as I did when I was a child.

You have the wrong priorities Ichthus.

The more we talk, the more I realize you’re psychotic.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

boo

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:40 am

:(

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:49 am

Masochism is a staged(d) anomaly that passes by the time the double entrende between reasoning and revelation shows that the difference between expression and impression may not result in a degeneration of contentious conflict between them; and both can see how one and the other may counterweight each other , without un/overdone abraison to the representation.

Seams with the intentional depiction of expressive and impressive features.

Some representations ate meant to depict violance which appears as deliberate compensation to achieve internal imbalance and some degree of overly abstracted even painful ones can offensively regarded.

An example is the animal/human hybrid as represented by Lucian Freud as he appears to aesthetize his blood relation Freud.

These compensatory defects either work of not in the context of a shared motif, and one media can bleed onto the other.

But so be it.

Denial of such seldom resolves the process, but it's all good, since regardless, the object, the aesthetic goal is first and for most the achievement of an artistic balance.

There is no point where there is an absolute aversion from one to the other, in fact below awareness, they really try to help each other to work for that common goal, the image of which has long been painted over by various glosses .

I got that wrong about the hybrid animals that was another English artist. But the dynamic principles apart from the visuals, still stand up regardless, perhaps. He did some animals though. The other guy is worth a look at , on what principals his imagery leaked into the memory bank
Last edited by Meno_ on Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Re: boo

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:52 am

Ichthus77 wrote::(

Can’t handle it? You don’t listen.

One fraction of a peanut will send someone immediately dead to the floor.

Others only feel great when they eat peanuts.

Why are you so narcissistic? It’s not helping you.

My grandmother was really narcissistic like you...

I’ll never forget this day...

She was putting bell peppers in her stuffing and I told her that I hate bell peppers... her reply?

“But they’re so healthy for you.”

I’m starting to think you’re evil on a different level than most people. Maybe you’re contracted to murder me. That’s the vibe I’m getting from you.

I feel something in you. It’s way less healthy than alcohol. You’re toxic.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:56 am

SCU: Speaking as an artist to a non-artist. If you don't know what art is then you have no business starting this thread.

K; In fact, I wrote a novel a few years ago that is still on the internet,
and sold a whole 13 copies...I am an author who has
sold books....I made roughly 28 dollars and 15 cents...
of course, spent a couple of hundred getting it online...
and it isn't that good a novel,
but that doesn't negate the fact that I wrote a novel
and got some money for it...

Kropotkin
Now if only I could get the other "members of the collection of truth"
to put me on ignore, life would be good..

PK
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:09 am

Ichthus.

It’s WAY above your pay grade what I’m going here.

I understand you have body dysmorphia. Lots of people do. I’m not trying to have sex. I will not have any sex, even if this problem never gets solved, until this problem is solved.

You have no conscience. It’s not my job to force one on you.

That book. The Bible. Is evil.

I have no interest in hurting you....

On another note...

I don’t know if peter saw this...

Lots of visual artists too Peter.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:19 am

She was putting bell peppers in her stuffing and I told her that I hate bell peppers... her reply?

Dude, I bet she used all the beautiful colors, too. No wonder you need alcohol to feel normal.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:35 am

Ichthus77 wrote:

Dude, I bet she used all the beautiful colors, too. No wonder you need alcohol to feel normal.

Ichthus. You have nothing. Why troll me?

I’m the person there for you.

Is anyone’s consent being violated right now?

That means Jesus failed. Are you kidding me?

2000 years later and you still haven’t figured it out?

What’s heaven when another is not?

Jesus thought it was a great idea... but only if you called him your lord and savior. What a douche.

I do more work every second than this entire species can do in eons.

I have an infinite number of heavens to solve.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:24 am

Are you back in your body? Literally or figuratively? Withdrawn, your honor. No further questions.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:38 am

Ichthus77 wrote:Are you back in your body? Literally or figuratively? Withdrawn, your honor. No further questions.

Wow. You’re actually evil. Who’d have thought?

I guess I should stop being surprised by these things.

At the end of the day, it comes down to this...

Is anyone’s consent being violated?

If the answer is “yes”... all your books, people and past have been lies and bullshit.

What are you doing about it?

Defending it. I suppose I’ll have to let you go, and do it myself.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:11 am

The answer is no.

I quit.

I want a 50% raise.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:22 am

Ichthus77 wrote:The answer is no.

I quit.

I want a 50% raise.

Still trolling.

If you don’t give a shit about everyone...

And realize that consent violation is the only sin...

I’m letting you go.

You can’t handle my spirit, and you’re just holding it back.

By defending all consent violation forever.

I hate you.

Live in the filth you see as beauty.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Philosophy