Philosophical quandaries from the Gram!

This is the main board for discussing philosophy - formal, informal and in between.

Philosophical quandaries from the Gram!

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:33 pm

_
Considering what we now know about modern illnesses, such as extreme/chronic
fatigue.. who do you think is right, in this instance?

The above debate is regarding Jordan Peterson’s recent health
problems, which spawned the below discussion..

Halsey: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-61406445

Senada Graca: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vDDNZqlGFU

Near everyone on my Gram keeps getting bouts of debilitating
fatigue and mysterious systems from nowhere, or are dieing/have
died.

C56DD459-6B2B-4E07-87F4-066A14459240.jpeg
C56DD459-6B2B-4E07-87F4-066A14459240.jpeg (61.72 KiB) Viewed 267 times

07FE8F98-7BEC-440C-BBAF-369A116197B0.jpeg
07FE8F98-7BEC-440C-BBAF-369A116197B0.jpeg (62.17 KiB) Viewed 267 times

EEEED41C-3B1C-45DA-83DB-187BF1A72017.jpeg
EEEED41C-3B1C-45DA-83DB-187BF1A72017.jpeg (75.97 KiB) Viewed 267 times
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Re: Philosophical quandaries from the Gram!

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:06 am

The best shape I’ve ever been in my life was when I had chronic fatigue.

I had three conditions back then...

24/7 fiber myalgia
24/7 chronic fatigue
24/7 panic attacks

Through sheer force of will, and nothing but will, I had a resting heart rate better than a marathon runner.

I had a job where I had to sprint for 8-16 hours a day.

Every second of that, I wanted to be dead.

Sheer force of will.

When I was tested at the age of 21 at UCLA medical center... they had me run on a treadmill for 5 minutes and immediately took my heart rate. 40 beats a minute.

Sometimes I’m not interested in hearing people’s excuses.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:46 am

_
..and look where he’s at now.. functioning -through sheer force of will- puts stress on the body and accelerates the ageing process through oxidation which then produces free radicals - this can be halted and then reversed, through a long spell of rest and recuperation.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:53 am

MagsJ wrote:_
..and look where he’s at now.. functioning -through sheer force of will- puts stress on the body and accelerates the ageing process through oxidation which then produces free radicals - this can be halted and then reversed, through a long spell of rest and recuperation.

Mag. If you think I give a shit about this body, you are mistaken. My only concern about body is the burden it puts on others.

My mind is all that matters.

You may not know this... people who die of Alzheimer’s get their minds back after ‘death’.

Those minds may not be as sharp as mine after death (like they were on earth when they get their minds back).

Sure. Endless stores of cortizal being pumped into my body for decades will wear on the system...

None of it my fault. And honestly. I don’t care.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Return to Philosophy