There isn't really a muse thread.

Elevate form over function to get at less easily articulable truths.

Re: There isn't really a muse thread.

Postby Mowk » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:29 am

Beware the sock puppet. What new member may be me, come to add a little spice to your life. All premise of civility aside. Imagine for a moment, you will deal with every new member with that question. I will now post under the name of any member? Let's play a game.

Hours of amusement having stated you've placed a treasure in the corner of a railroad round house.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:17 pm

Mowk wrote:Beware the sock puppet. What new member may be me, come to add a little spice to your life. All premise of civility aside. Imagine for a moment, you will deal with every new member with that question. I will now post under the name of any member? Let's play a game.

Hours of amusement having stated you've placed a treasure in the corner of a railroad round house.

Hello Mowk.

Yes. Let's play. But before that, let's clarifg. I am an authentic person. I did go by 2 to 3 other names, same account however, not because I have bad acting ability, or bored with myself, have a problem with multiple personality or other possibilities.

Let's say I need to cover my tracks and come in as as a reinvention, someone totally fresh and new to all concerned outward apoearnces, either virtuously it merely by trying to escape a worn out, trodden down animus of exasperated dimensions.

So before playing such a dangerous game of self demolition, The Groundwork of the game needs some rules. Open games usually start with nowhere and end up exactly at the very starting point. The terrain has not changed, so, it usually end on the same old same old traje trajectory.

This method, fof a method dies arise with the course of an elongated temporality, runs the risk of becoming 'inauthentic,

The so called ' Hunger Games' were fed on a predictable diet, and so ended with promises of sequels, to feed the authors used to supposedly six seeking characters.

Profess to three, or even one, and the faithful will stampede through.

So let's some games begin, without the need to salivate?
Meno_
breathless

Postby Mowk » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:42 am

Wasn't that fun.

Too Big For Ones Britches. Me. And the list follows with:

Aspen Dental Care: don't try to cancel an appointment made with this company. No appointment cancellation available on the website, if you call, or if you attempt to hijack the place. Really bad potential customer service. If it's that bad before you are a customer... it's not going to get any better.

Fidelity Investment: Call 24/7 with an issue, was on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes before I gave up. Can they really advertise 24/7 availability?
And during the whole time I was on hold they advertised their online assistant as an alternative. So I ask it; I can't log in, I don't know my username, and it responds with: You can easily change your username and password if you log in, and takes you to a log in screen.

I swear they do this intentionally.

Members that seem to do this intentionally... I could name a few.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:51 pm

Actually. I used to think so, as well, but no, their methods are conservative to an n'th degree, and their safety measures are just as aggravating. I don't think the are able to over ride any lost passwords , because their inadequete tech support can not humanly cover by their insufficient member services.

You walk in and there is no one in the front office. .until some one finally comes out not like other investment services used to be set up.
Meno_
breathless

Postby Mowk » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:32 am

The case should be noted, I differ in opinion with Carleas; with a right, comes a responsibility; freedom of speech, a case in point. It isn't and will never be free of it's implicit responsibility. It's representation of what is true. what is the minimum that requires?

I hold, anyone who would read what I have to write; with the same deep disregard. If I were to fashion a third person sort of Twainian persona. Sock puppet!

Hint: I have never been who I am. It is rather fun to take um-bridge in what I am not.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:09 am

Free speech becomes mute when there is no responsibility for what is said.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:47 am

how utterly conservative of me. I am right handed if it is an arm wrestle. [to continue within a Twainian inflection]
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:34 am

Or, is it noise, it becomes?
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:50 pm

You dudes.... kind of misunderstood. Free Speech, as in the first amendment, is a right, not an ontological statement. Its not like "free will". I see how language can be misguiding though if you dont pay attention.

Clarify;
Its not "is speech free of its consequences?"; it is "is speech to be free from government control?"
The strong act as they may, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Nietzsche's Heritage; The Philosophy of the Future - Some Music - The Magical Tree of Life
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Mowk » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:27 am

fixed?

has got nothing to do with government directly. an awareness may lead one to a connection, but to mistake it for the big show; is... a misfortune.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:44 am

thinking along the line of personal responsibility for what one speaks.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:26 am

and cheers for the home team. a loosening of the strictest definition of "family" may become required.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:05 am

the umpire rules the batter at one strike, for swinging at a ball no one pitched.
Mowk
Philosopher

Postby Mowk » Sun May 09, 2021 6:37 am

a short poem.
Duh?

So simple,
yet not so easy...
and less so;
said
-text strings
Mowk