Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Elevate form over function to get at less easily articulable truths.

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:18 am

No clue from a center not wished for, but it either a service type help for the intellectually fractured , ( after google search) or Darius, or, ....?

Honesty.
The charge of dishonesty is a serious one, and sure I am a roundabout man, pressed to the limit by circumstance not for the purpose of service to the self, but bound by a tremendous askence bound,
by a love so terrible that it is absolutely wrenching, a pain of irreparable proportions, one which must either be obeyed or-punished by by a deathly alternative to stay or forever condemned be.

It is the heed that one much greater, yet the closest man has tried to express in Plato, in some world where shadows can never mire exist.

There can never be return to darkness, eternal or just a second: guessed- no reason or motive which can move an unmoved mover.

I have not read it but will, but the question implies the feeling I have already read it.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:22 am

"It is written as a dialogue between Plato's brother Glaucon and his mentor Socrates, narrated by the latter. The allegory is presented after the analogy of the sun (508b–509c) and the analogy of the divided line (509d–511e).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
Allegory of the cave "

a menomic guess.- sorry mnemonic device tosi?mnemorette?

( to know ( me (( nome-meno--omen )) ) is to love me

...can not degrees further: otherwise it become a beggar'operation - love me or live me.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:59 am

i do appreciate the electric kool aid acid test i failed in 2005… wasn’t my first trip, but first time on the bus. what about the literal acid i dropped in the ‘90s? also insane. still have my notes from both “episodes”. y’all have all my notes for … whatever y’all call that

not a fan for long-term. i like having full possession of my senses. i don’t want to troll for …unmoved movers…, but i respect it. i absorb too much. but. again. i know the way out.

i was/am sad for a very good reason.

congrats on the grandson!! :)

still plausibly & undeniably clueless

favorite line from matrix: get out of my grey space
An irony I just recently realized is they woo you away by whetting and feeding your Why? appetite, and then they insult you when you expect an answer that actually satisfies it. Edit: That, or they are trying to give you hints to solve the riddle because they don't want to spoil it for you. ;)
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:58 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:Yeah I’m still clueless.

Skeptical mind trained to ignore non-obvious.

Once torpedoed, twice shy.

https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... r#p2851744

Re: Username change request..
Postby Meno_ » Fri 31 Dec, 2021 15:38

I am admittedly no spring chicken myself, and me too a grandpa. Ten years ago my great and wonderful son killed himself, last year the only daughter that was close got murdered by her no good drug running husbamd, and is facing minimum 20 years, and my ideal OS far from sexual reality, which has been eclipsed by efforts to disentangle them, so yes, it is a struggle, we are loosing our car and our house, and the only glimmer if hope stares me right in my face, that there is the germ of conscious reality-that i still can love along with my wife to another day, another year, to love and cherish what remains of our family.

And the daily challenges have never been as harsh, fully knowing we are but one of myriad families trying to hang on in this are of plague.

I cannot afford a therapy, not because I am not covered, but because I am beyond it in an overwhelming way.

I just can't waur till the senior center opens, not to try any efforts at making friends, but to try to get a square meal on a. Regular basis.

That is my bio , currently and just letting out the reality in in short that I deal with day to day.

And really thanks fir your comments .....
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:01 pm

I need more clear. I will try to decipher better, but I have a thing at 10 & procrastinate when things are weird, but I’ll try not to.
An irony I just recently realized is they woo you away by whetting and feeding your Why? appetite, and then they insult you when you expect an answer that actually satisfies it. Edit: That, or they are trying to give you hints to solve the riddle because they don't want to spoil it for you. ;)
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:35 pm

Prayed this am to Saint Stephen, Patron Saint of Hungary, and the first king- to help absolve us from a sense of guilt. All I need is what I implied to Satyr: as well to get a friend, signed in blood : (how vampiristic of me) to die with some knowledge of what true friendship can mean:

Without regards to any and all things.

The Arc ( of the covenant & magsjalene included)

See, my lysergic acid tryst was bad as Yours, very bad- I think I mentioned that to the in-house Saint ( James) .

All I want them, after so many years of nihilistic alone-ness.

is to see some sign of the saving Grace.

Over, but not out.& reduced to the minimal: having seen some light at the end of the tunnel, a few times.

The death trip almost squeezed me to that other middle, Wherefrom my very own mother prevented from going over.

Course this leaves me in a peculiarly difficult position of being treated as somewhat 'special' but then, grin & bear stix and stoned.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:07 pm

All I know is I’m as broken, messed up, and lived/loved as you.
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:09 am

Ichthus77 wrote:All I know is I’m as broken, messed up, and lived/loved as you.

Well, then all I can possibly say is that misery loves cimpany: but the company you keep may tarnish one's image.

I am trying to go beyond the mask of sanity that early tragicomedy was required to ware .

Wear. Ware as a functional equivalent.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:16 am

Conditional warning: opposites attract.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:28 am

I would rather remain oblivious until someone is ready to be obvious. I’ve said my piece/peace and counted to three.

li li li li li li li

*prances away ridiculously in front of God & everybody*
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:10 am

Ichthus77 wrote:I would rather remain oblivious until someone is ready to be obvious. I’ve said my piece/peace and counted to three.

li li li li li li li

*prances away ridiculously in front of God & everybody*

It's disappointing that our shadows are so inconsistent, yet singulary both: obvious and oblivious

But, it is what it is. It takes two to prance about.

Course, it's ok to make allowances.

Over but not out.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:03 pm

Ok. I’ll stop.

But you stop, too.

Let it be.

Why does the button have to say Submit on it?? *throws it into the ocean*
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:04 pm

YES I AM TERRIBLE
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:24 pm

Ok.but i m a lot.....
Worse...verse, terse?
but....
it din't matter...to me..much
more...
for kindness
Overwhelms the realization
that:
There is a huge difference between following
Christ and meeting him face to face

That difference sometimes is becomjng, sometimes forgotten and then sometimes
It sets in the fallacy almost turning into an exclusion
from a temole, but. Never a house divided.

So: do nit worry terrible one
Tolkien , the three soheres. are merely the live # three oranges, and slime dances but.
A sham for her to think she can ever shed thag seventh veil for that has turned into
A skin of , conflating with the underneath
the most delicately thin subtlety
Witch but good
To die did the live
Love, beyond the fad refrain where the east wind blown off
the Indian company,
Strong as hell but light
As a feather slowly drifting down
Into the valley if the unforgotten
near. cat man do .

that live, love reduced the idolatry of the painful
the idolatry of memory's fade
The accomplice horse trots
Fewer are those
by much.

Wizard you weed not philosopher. Sure. reassuredly yours.

not the same to look into the boundless eyes, as thousands become , one while blinking away their fears into eternal hesitancy?
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:02 pm

Your words are poison.

Cat man? Cat fish.

Go fish.

I’ll dance on your bones.

Your “life” s a mist that vanishes at dawn.

Live forever.
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:58 pm

Yes but only when good and evil become interspaced like; good in evil, then and only then will the fallacy of exclusion become obvious.

When this transition is not realized we are constantly reminded of the uselessness of escape from the bondage of rhetoric and the need to escape it.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:06 pm

Evil is privation. Good luck with that.
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:45 pm

Youuuuuu. White flag. All by itself. But never alone.

You win this one. Or maybe two (not scott free yet, prolly never will be). So much b.s. Pain.

Not coming back to this thread.

In heaven we will be like the angels. I want heaven now, on earth. Paul says better that way. I pray God break me to fix me. Only God would ever allow otherwise. He knows which direction I would go if the miracle I’m waiting for ever happens.

And you def don’t fill his shoes. For the record.

Though my mom says weird stuff like saying my dad is Jesus w skin on his face.

Mom… Jesus already has skin on his face.

But ok. We are the body. Whatever.

But don’t think this is what he meant by being of one mind & whatnot. And BETTER get scott free. Or freaking else.

I’m not coming back to this thread.

Forsake this.

But I remember. How could I ever forget.
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:33 pm

encode_decode wrote:Presented is somewhat of a love triangle between 'anyone' - 'any one' and my addition of 'someone'.

However, a member of the said triangle appears to be somewhat unfaithful. Possibly trying to play one against the 'other'...one.

..a love square, so now it seems ..triangles are so last-decade, and so so passé ..it’s hip to be (in a love) square, so trust Meno to be in with da hip set.

Meno.. forever being paradoxical, but is he getting close to (re)solving it?

Meno, forever a friend.. for whenever I get mad with him for his lack of benevolence, I cannot help but become not-so again, and so returning back to amiability.. so not so much an infinite regress, as it is an eternal return. What magic is this, that Meno employs? :lol:
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:08 pm

Meno_ wrote:Prayed this am to Saint Stephen, Patron Saint of Hungary, and the first king- to help absolve us from a sense of guilt. All I need is what I implied to Satyr: as well to get a friend, signed in blood : (how vampiristic of me) to die with some knowledge of what true friendship can mean:

See, my lysergic acid tryst was bad as Yours, very bad- I think I mentioned that to the in-house Saint ( James) .

Over, but not out.& reduced to the minimal: having seen some light at the end of the tunnel, a few times.

The death trip almost squeezed me to that other middle, Wherefrom my very own mother prevented from going over.

Course this leaves me in a peculiarly difficult position of being treated as somewhat 'special' but then, grin & bear stix and stoned.

Philosophically speaking, or.. something else?
MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:45 pm

I think psychology fading back into larger de-xifferentinative bounderies. more. philosophically or group-transactionally modes of overlapping -is the mode at least for insight oriented transactional analysis.

But that appears fallacious to both camps: the analytical and the transactional.

Affordability determines the lack or presence of where the onus falls.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:41 pm

MagsJ wrote:
Meno_ wrote:Prayed this am to Saint Stephen, Patron Saint of Hungary, and the first king- to help absolve us from a sense of guilt. All I need is what I implied to Satyr: as well to get a friend, signed in blood : (how vampiristic of me) to die with some knowledge of what true friendship can mean:

Philosophically speaking, or.. something else?

Back when I joined ilp, I almost started a discussion with someone , I forget whom, but the title was philosophical psychology, some one not Humean but the name did have Hume with some other modifyer.

Anyway he seemed to have thought merit in it, but it went nowhere, and soon he was gone.

Anyway the best description to your question should be a hybrid type of study with some applicable method

Other than that some foremost philosophers opened new psychological frontiers.
But then, where d
can an emergence of applicability show merging of two.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:00 am

Only_Humean

not Adlerian?

I remember many names. When I split, their ideas blurred together.

I’m not actually here right now.
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:39 am

_
Probably Hume Got It Right.. or something like that.
MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:10 pm

Now I remember him, the night"s sleep made it possible, he was also a Brit, Hume's Choice.

He told me i'be got something there
Meno_
The Invisible One

Previous

Return to Creative Writing