Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Elevate form over function to get at less easily articulable truths.

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:19 pm

Tripitch #1

The very bottom line of most resistance , hold it,

A tight elastic steel

and it can't snap


The length of it, slightly changed here

But at the levels Satan plays

It becomes inestimable

Duration


and as long and measuring its thinned out elasticity


through and through times'


Passages
Last edited by Meno_ on Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:40 pm

The existencial loss of ideal, connect to the pleasure , in it's self, works only through the etherialization into the micro- elements, that travel ever for through.


Limits then recede miniatures become haunted,
and dropped into the tiniest parts,

Once there You,

anew , hold, it
takes root,

a new baby cries, tries again gasping

and remembers, little

little oh,

My joy, my heart,

hold on .


Tripitch #2


"Momma why do whites hate blacks"?


Cause sugar, when momma came here , paid for the price of blood diamonds, 'childe, momma was in grandma's belly.
Most die on ships coming over from africa, and then resold on open market, for breed'n.

Now once free, then told momma to go back home, but sugar there ain't no home for momma to go back to , see, cause momma don't speak but english, and no folks longing for momma to see there no ways now how.

and now sweet, white folks hate momma because black folks don't matter no mo, don't fit nowhere, used merchandise only drinkin' and us'in now, and u chil' you ain't none better then momma. . but maybe better lookin.

Sweetums hold on to momma, i am the only thing you' all ever get to have beside u.

You ain't none too good like momma., but ya still young.

"But momma, Oprah and that Kamala lady running with biden them matter...."


Child, them are props, used for them nearsighted , and oversold.

Goodnight momma, good night child'.
Last edited by Meno_ on Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:53 pm

Tripitch .#3

Mist atomizers since the i is hiding
In the eye
What u need to abide in

The u and the illusive
me

If can't u go there u must

then u can't overcome the illusion


from a 2 z
And from alpha 2 omega


( so long, the short of it, the pleasure replaced not displaced or displeased.)


Hello me/you, how do you do!?!


Picasso tripitch accompany-'d



Then again, heading to cross, of and by cross, in spite of double. ( knowing the power and effects of atomizers)




https://youtu.be/IYhqlOQ1vHY


CONVERGANCE


When first dreamt of M Polanyi, everyone had doubts, expressly ambig.

Course that was years ago, and now it came full circle.

Yesterday it was the Feast of Saint Monica, the mother of St. Augustine.

He and his mom immigrated from Ostia in Italy to Africa, where he connected through Saint. to a Gnosticism . in a loose stretch of the meaning of the term.


Now comes the kicker, Polanyi revered Augustine, and this phenomenal assymetry is astounding, raising the elements of faith hyperbolically.

Sure more to come.


s reticent I am about this 'revelation' in conventional terms , has been successfully been overcome by a yet undefined urge.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:41 am

Philosophy vs. Psychology?


A lot of thought goes into the pre- eminence of psychological solutions bearing down unto it's philosophical underpinnings

Crucial ideas : such as posed by Plato, Descartes, Hegel, Nietzsche, prescribe what is to come to bear fruit in psychology.

Strains of though do actually reflect each other and transact the movement and momentum that crisscross a meaningful continuity.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:58 pm

Meno_ wrote:Philosophy vs. Psychology?


A lot of thought goes into the pre- eminence of psychological solutions bearing down unto it's philosophical underpinnings

Crucial ideas : such as posed by Plato, Descartes, Hegel, Nietzsche, prescribe what is to come to bear fruit in psychology.

Strains of though do actually reflect each other and transact the movement and momentum that crisscross a meaningful continuity.




To slowly exclude a meaningful interchange can only assign false notions predicated on undergeneralized hypotheticals.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:39 pm

Meno_ wrote:
Meno_ wrote:Philosophy vs. Psychology?


A lot of thought goes into the pre- eminence of psychological solutions bearing down unto it's philosophical underpinnings

Crucial ideas : such as posed by Plato, Descartes, Hegel, Nietzsche, prescribe what is to come to bear fruit in psychology.

Strains of though do actually reflect each other and transact the movement and momentum that crisscross a meaningful continuity.




To slowly exclude a meaningful interchange can only assign false notions predicated on undergeneralized hypotheticals.





The disassociated ego covered by karmic calculation is the way to go from the abyss toward the light.


As fragile the dynamic in this process can build an increasingly patently interrelated face of strength of the will to overcome it's self.


Napoleon said, that its harder to conquer the self than it is the battle.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:25 am

The subject to object relationship could be dessurected by a vintage ILP forum:



'Objectivity, Obfuscation, and Mysticism.'

I could not find think but will keep on looking, the point made is general so as to delate a hidden premis- behind N''s Will to Power, (power to will) , so as to imply, and make implicitly relate that hiddenness with the emerging hypocrisy between the N's transcendent object, with Marx's social realism.

That is why we are socially reaching confusion between the subjective and objective notions that have accrued in the name of social
realism.

Personally, such latent reality plays havoc within the analogous tie in between social and personal psychology, and that is what exerborates the psychic states( that the above article brings up: )
and particularly exemplified by long standing metaphors revolving around alienation, post impressionistic narratives of cut up meanings .

That being said, there should not be an effort to demonized parties abject to these kinds of real exclusionary forces, the effects ard always contradictory to unify society.

It is unfortunate to derail mysticism as it usually is caught between social and psychological relatives that try to zero in on object relations.

And sadly, too many of 'us" are overtly aware of this, even as our inclusion of this hidden susceptible trait, becomes perceived.


But here is, where the will, can rescue us , as our power to effect our will , diminishes. This is the crux of the hardest tensions, resonating within
today's life.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:08 pm

"But here is, where the will, can rescue us , as our power to effect our will , diminishes. This is the crux of the hardest tensions, resonating within
today's life."*


*from as of yet undetermined source
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:24 am

"But here is, where the will, can rescue us , as our power to effect our will , diminishes. This is the crux of the hardest tensions, resonating within
today's life."*


*from as of yet undetermined source
Top Report this post



The idea is, that the overt appearance of a herd mentality represses the strongest will which fuels contradictory but less pitically viable will-thereby reducing it's power to effect.

This is the problem with the will to power, it is inversely related to fictional-popular political opinion.

The will to resist is repressed into the general weakness of conflated ideas.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:26 am

Meno_ wrote:"But here is, where the will, can rescue us , as our power to effect our will , diminishes. This is the crux of the hardest tensions, resonating within
today's life."*


*from as of yet undetermined source
Top Report this post



The idea is, that the overt appearance of a herd mentality represses the strongest will which fuels contradictory but less pitically viable will-thereby reducing it's power to effect.

This is the problem with the will to power, it is inversely related to fictional-popular political opinion.

The will to resist is repressed into the general weakness of conflated ideas.




This was the idea mostly lost on the followers of Trumpism .

Sad but true for all the archytipical victims that were put through inhuman treatment, since age immemorial.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:08 am

Meno_ wrote:
Meno_ wrote:"But here is, where the will, can rescue us , as our power to effect our will , diminishes. This is the crux of the hardest tensions, resonating within
today's life."*


*from as of yet undetermined source
Top Report this post



The idea is, that the overt appearance of a herd mentality represses the strongest will which fuels contradictory but less pitically viable will-thereby reducing it's power to effect.

This is the problem with the will to power, it is inversely related to fictional-popular political opinion.

The will to resist is repressed into the general weakness of conflated ideas.




This was the idea mostly lost on the followers of Trumpism .

Sad but true for all the archytipical victims that were put through inhuman treatment, since age immemorial.




Such a-political expediancy is not meant to invoke affectations or reminiscence, but clearly down to earth tit for tat.
The more personal is a shift toward objective criteria , the lesser , neare e to subjective overgeneralization. Not that such may not be mediated, through neo-religious allegory such as between a father and a son, and non contemperously, as archytipically described.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:25 am

One virtue to the disaffected: you never really get to know how deeply a philosopher can retain an irony, when it gets to the point that bitter lemons and sour grapes have caused them to give up any hope, where they have entered that forbidden place, where ego no longer exists. That must be a description of their version of hell.

On the other hand, those that see through the despised shell which is their last hope and final abode, can see that they really don't understand the vacancy which goes unfilled in that place, and the last thing they loose is that luminous afterglow, which has been a prefab structural design. Love , pity, piety and the hopeful beginning of each smiling child's face, tells it all.

Heaven or hell is really a free choice at every moment of our short life.

Lest forgotten.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:52 pm

Meno_ wrote:One virtue to the disaffected: you never really get to know how deeply a philosopher can retain an irony, when it gets to the point that bitter lemons and sour grapes have caused them to give up any hope, where they have entered that forbidden place, where ego no longer exists. That must be a description of their version of hell.

On the other hand, those that see through the despised shell which is their last hope and final abode, can see that they really don't understand the vacancy which goes unfilled in that place, and the last thing they loose is that luminous afterglow, which has been a prefab structural design. Love , pity, piety and the hopeful beginning of each smiling child's face, tells it all.

Heaven or hell is really a free choice at every moment of our short life.

Lest forgotten.




Sorry.


Body double
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:51 am

The most feared state for anyone is to be Any One.Always has been.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby encode_decode » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:20 pm

Meno_ wrote:The most feared state for anyone is to be Any One.Always has been.

There are also plenty of pragmatic reasons not to be "someone",..

...for example not having to interact with the nonsense that takes place on this forum from people that clearly have idle minds. Good philosophy is not for the faint of heart.

Good philosophy is hard work...and requires a high level of motivation and plenty of time available with oneself...

...to spend time with oneself...logically, pragmatically, and necessarily working through problems that matter most to oneself and one's family.

Also, talk is cheap and if one seeks to make the world a better place then one needs to get off of one's ass instead of blowing hot air in the hopes of "one-upping" their fellow man.

So much could be said but alphabets, words, and sentences are essentially worthless compared to a wholesome state of being.

Otherwise, imagination is a useful tool for passing the time when all else fails...
In a world so precious... its value cannot be determined.
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Negde u Vojvodini

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:59 pm

Before the pragmatic point of view can be explored , 'any one' has to be differentiated from anyone'

Anyone could entail any particular one, and reducing that into no one in particular.

It's almost seems like a reductive contradiction in it's denoted sense, while at the same time it implies an appearent gestalt of the type, the question appears to illustrate: that what is a. half filled cup?

Half full, or half empty?

Now reduce that into logical symmerry, that gestalt can not make sense. The seeming contradiction is expressed as fallacious.

Fallacy is far cry from contradiction.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby encode_decode » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:26 am

Meno_ wrote:Before the pragmatic point of view can be explored , 'any one' has to be differentiated from anyone'

Anyone could entail any particular one, and reducing that into no one in particular.

It's almost seems like a reductive contradiction in it's denoted sense, while at the same time it implies an appearent gestalt of the type, the question appears to illustrate: that what is a. half filled cup?

Half full, or half empty?

Now reduce that into logical symmerry, that gestalt can not make sense. The seeming contradiction is expressed as fallacious.

Fallacy is far cry from contradiction.

It would be more effective for the sake of communication if my understanding of what you were saying was more clear...

...but I detect a difference in the way we are using what on the surface can only appear to be the same language. :lol:
In a world so precious... its value cannot be determined.
User avatar
encode_decode
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1977
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:07 pm
Location: Negde u Vojvodini

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:32 pm

For me, when I realize/sense people are speaking in code they have no intention of translating, I respond in kind & let them pretend they know what the gibberish means. I give up even trying to understand them and just play along with the gibberish. I’m a grandmother who grew up in the ‘90s, so I’m into that sort of thing, sometimes. Other times I move on to something else.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6106
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:46 pm

Not so, necessarily, and u guys have some sense of what 'it' means.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:56 pm

Meno_ wrote:Not so, necessarily, and u guys have some sense of what 'it' means.


If it means something bad then knock it off.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6106
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:59 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:
Meno_ wrote:Not so, necessarily, and u guys have some sense of what 'it' means.


If it means something bad then knock it off.




Ok
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:21 pm

Meno_ wrote:
Ichthus77 wrote:
Meno_ wrote:Not so, necessarily, and u guys have some sense of what 'it' means.


If it means something bad then knock it off.




Ok


^I love that guy.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6106
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:22 pm

Question: Is it the spirit that is willing and the flesh that is weak, or is it the flesh that is willing and the spirit that is weak?

What are the conditions for this or that?
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6106
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:40 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:Question: Is it the spirit that is willing and the flesh that is weak, or is it the flesh that is willing and the spirit that is weak?

What are the conditions for this or that?




One effects the other is affected., then the affected effects in various knots .

The ugly is produced by the good and bad, if disaffection occurs, but if not, then beauty can untie the links which have knotted together.

Beauty and love are not dependent on the ugly and hateful, that is the final strughle, best kept a political struggle.

Politics is played one in one, one to one in many ways, among many partners and patterns and codes.

Codes can bury the hatchet, but wisdom in a flash intuits self deceit as primary receipt of others.

A classic act knows this.: at times intelkectualization is not only the last resort but the only one, especially when a self thought man can learn digitalkt, without spending his life in a dusty, musty haven of a library. Though it has had more ambiance , and the claustrophobia seldom became an issue .

Exit signs generally indicated an open door policy, whereas shut INS may not have this convenience.

The problem with intellectualism is simply put by the words of Thomas Paine:
Last edited by Meno_ on Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meno_
The Invisible One
 
Posts: 13298
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:39 am
Location: Mysterium Tremendum

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:46 pm

_
How is it that very few here can understand Meno, when Meno is using words that each have a single meaning and unconjoined origin, so if you know the definition of each word.. that when combined into a sentence, makes a very coherent proposition/response/argument/whatever. Do Hungarians follow Indo-European grammar and syntax?

His spelling is an entire different subject altogether tho.. eh Meno? ;)
Last edited by MagsJ on Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 25062
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Writing



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users