Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Elevate form over function to get at less easily articulable truths.

Re: Philosophy is not for the faint of heart

Postby Meno_ » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:15 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
How is it that very few here can understand Meno, when Meno is using words that each have a single meaning, so if you know the definition of each word.. that when combined into a sentence, makes a very coherent proposition/response/argument/whatever..?

His spelling is an entire different subject altogether tho.. eh Meno? ;)

Yes , that's exactly right.Meanings can have sub meanings in their own.without context .The idea is intrinsic on it's own right.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:36 pm

MagsJ wrote:How is it that very few here can understand Meno, when Meno is using words that each have a single meaning and unconjoined origin, so if you know the definition of each word.. that when combined into a sentence, makes a very coherent proposition/response/argument/whatever. Do Hungarians follow Indo-European grammar and syntax?

I edited (by adding, in bold) 2 additional points.. of non-contention. :)

Hungarian, probably does not, create words from the same root-words as any of the other language families.. for they still do not know the exact origins of the Uralic family of languages.. or last I read, they still didn’t.

Uralic is not based on Proto-German.. or any other Proto.. it is a language-law unto itself.

So my proposition is.. that Meno doesn’t (always) speak/respond in plain English, because his mind doesn’t think in plain English.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Meno_ » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:59 pm

MagsJ wrote:
MagsJ wrote:How is it that very few here can understand Meno, when Meno is using words that each have a single meaning and unconjoined origin, so if you know the definition of each word.. that when combined into a sentence, makes a very coherent proposition/response/argument/whatever. Do Hungarians follow Indo-European grammar and syntax?

I edited (by adding, in bold) 2 additional points.. of non-contention. :)

Hungarian, probably does not, create words from the same root-words as any of the other language families.. for they do not know the exact origins of the Uralic family of languages.. or last I read. Uralic is not based on Proto-German.. or any other Proto.. it is a language-law unto itself.

So my proposition is.. that Meno doesn’t (always) speak/respond in plain English, because his mind doesn’t think in plain English.

The spelling problem: well that is a very complex issue related to many factors, not the least of which is eyesight, failing memory , loss of glasses, and a myraid of really crazy things that would need some boundary to avoid vastly more intrinsic ideas from forming ;that said internal meaning censors it'self as per reaction . to?

That repression-denial is at this moment is pretty absolutely self censoring.

The other 'thing' that I mentioned far above, is that the thing, whatever 'it' is has prepossessed language into almost a comical yet tragic universaliznation of language that is bordering other bracketed languages, and those birders of which there are least 12 countable, appear as many personalities wishing to achieve a chorus , yet end up a cacophony.

All's well when considering ine fractual figure that Me no tried to unify by the bedrock of unceasing faith in logic. The distinct ideas without context are birders between salad and postmodern forms if expression, undeniable and simulteniously repellent and attractive; simulating something and/ or nothing- alienating and incorpaerating.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:30 pm

I think this is where “I did not come to heal the healthy, but the sick” comes in. If you are perfectly happy with your situation, I hope that works out for you. If you’re not, I know the way out.

Believe me, I have to preach this to myself all the time. I am not claiming perfection.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:46 pm

I see the replacement of i & e, and o & p, and y & ee elsewhere & here, but that’s as far as I’ve noticed/remembered w/o looking further.

I know I keep misspelling Tolkien. Or did. Not sure if related.

Suffice it to say I have too much on my plate to be breaking codes.
Last edited by Ichthus77 on Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:49 pm

or programs

& eff anyone who thinks I’m saying something unethical besides cussing

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:51 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:I think this is where “I did not come to heal the healthy, but the sick” comes in. If you are perfectly happy with your situation, I hope that works out for you. If you’re not, I know the way out.

Believe me, I have to preach this to myself all the time. I am not claiming perfection.

In any given situations there are ones that are contrived, others put upon , still others combinations thereof.

For instance: acting out a situation can be contrived as filling a role, or multiple roles, playing them out of a basic survival need, or unwittingly adopting them as facade, or using them to gain theatrical attention, again in various combinations : directionally vacillating between. objective use ( Phenomenal!) or, internally self definational ( Karen Horny)

Or living up to : ' one a nerd, always a nerd'

It haphazardly simulating The Ill's if the 60's generation, personified by Jack Kerouac, or some such other anti-hero.

But mistake of mistakes, it was really not a matter of simulating but of great-grandest of stimulations.

Somehow exit through methods developed by Wit and stein never appeared as contradictory for above way above stated reasons and I don't bring to heel for not decoding beyond and above the limit.

Colors are interesting, the blues and the brown books are if some merit for de'Witt studied them maybe not coincidental that the Hungarian flags coincide the scheme of red and blue : both of which can be mixed into a shade of brown.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:08 pm

well now I gotta study him. But Kant is my second love. Jesus my first. But Kant helped me see that in Jesus.

? indeed

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:10 pm

& Kierkegaard

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:11 pm

& someone who shall remain nameless

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:12 pm

& C.S. Lewis

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:13 pm

there’s more

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:47 pm

Oh PS if you’re trying to determine what parts of me are real and what parts of me are for other people I find that very flattering and you can just keep on guessing. ;)

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:21 pm

Meno_ wrote:
How is it that very few here can understand Meno, when Meno is using words that each have a single meaning, so if you know the definition of each word.. that when combined into a sentence, makes a very coherent proposition/response/argument/whatever..?

Yes , that's exactly right.Meanings can have sub meanings in their own.without context .The idea is intrinsic on it's own right.

And as an afterthought , i'd like to say , I never though of this possibility as a hindrance communicating ideas.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:30 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:Oh PS if you’re trying to determine what parts of me are real and what parts of me are for other people I find that very flattering and you can just keep on guessing. ;)

Now I am certain in one thing, that the the basic violation of certainty as regard, the determinnation of identity by the constructed and deconstructedi' i'eye' of the peronality - that is, sexual-identity which determinING all other couplets of developmental logic; that eye may wonder hither and thither without any directed and discriminate gaze, to link with any previously determined patter and direction-to enable a conscious linkage with any objective intent to qualify as a cogito.-a knowledge of fact, that removes all doubt. of uncertainty present in the idea.

If this were to happen, then that would've violated Valery's idea fixee-proposition.

I am afraid Ur as obscure as Jude in that self presentation, as at one time you say you are a grandom and at another , 'brought up in the 90's.
Your signiture can not be based on such fears as was faced by George Sand. and other women posing an affect to prevent censure?

And certainly preoccupied with more recent postures, for You couldn't have meant to have been brought up in the1890's?
Last edited by Meno_ on Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:37 pm

Meno_ wrote:
Meno_ wrote:
MagsJ wrote:How is it that very few here can understand Meno, when Meno is using words that each have a single meaning, so if you know the definition of each word.. that when combined into a sentence, makes a very coherent proposition/response/argument/whatever..?

And as an afterthought , i'd like to say , I never though of this possibility as a hindrance communicating ideas.

I’ve heard others, of different original languages, say so.. and I myself, whom was born into a French-(patois) speaking family, also experience similar hesitation of thought and word in my outward communication with others, but not necessarily in my head. My own communication can come off as very awkward and stuttered, at times.. especially when I’m tired, which is more often than most.

Or maybe I’m just an awkward communicator. :)
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:19 pm

& NY

I’ve never been there. I wanted to go there with my son & daughter-in-love but could see the crap hitting the fan before it did.

Praying. Of course. He’s got this.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby encode_decode » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:00 am

How is it that very few here can understand Meno, when Meno is using words that each have a single meaning and unconjoined origin, so if you know the definition of each word.. that when combined into a sentence, makes a very coherent proposition/response/argument/whatever.

Indeed and I mostly do understand him. In this case, I only require "more clear" as I am certain that I understand the underlying gist of what he says.

Presented is somewhat of a love triangle between 'anyone' - 'any one' and my addition of 'someone'.

However, a member of the said triangle appears to be somewhat unfaithful. Possibly trying to play one against the 'other'...one.
In a world so precious... its value cannot be determined.
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:15 am

thesis/antithesis/synthesis

but that’s everything

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:17 am

no coffee & prolly not enough sleep

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:20 am

_
Meno enters 'stage left'.. to explain himself. :)

MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:22 am

me no enters from behind the sound stage.

appearing to talk to himself. While muttering under his masked countenance , " what can I even begin to explain that they probably already know, while quite unsure what may be said ?

... for the set up stage, as the cyrtain raises, reveals the real shadow world, that is really happening for real, but who'd believe it?

For he became the child again, unafraid,
Looking heroic, his hear in his hand burning the light to freedom.
His little grandson, the apple of his eye, t I whim he promised never to let go, that visage haunting through the crystal of infinite goodness.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:58 am

The middle is peaceful , the set up the other amalgamated with it, as it sounds, and the reality test passed.

No, he knows in his heart that one side can not be played against the other, that much is certain.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:15 am

Yeah I’m still clueless.

Skeptical mind trained to ignore non-obvious.

Once torpedoed, twice shy.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:30 am

Question: my book of five dialogues by Plato, translated by Grube, published by Hackett, calls Meno the hereditary friend of Cyrus. What does hereditary friend mean? Is it at all related to a platonic friend?

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Writing