The invisible and the visible

Elevate form over function to get at less easily articulable truths.

Re: The invisible and the visible

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:49 am

Y4
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:57 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:Y4

U2.

Like the difference between looking away, looking as if not giving that impression ( or appearing intractible , or opaque)

Whether intending to)
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:57 pm

Some people fall in love way too easily.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:06 pm

Still can't account for dream way back around 2011- og MPolanyi. Member of 'Martians'

me me mere watering boy.

Can not will not go further. If the last thing to do cause 7th veil.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:20 pm

Meno_ wrote:Still can't account for dream way back around 2011- og MPolanyi. Member of 'Martians'

me me mere watering boy.

Can not will not go further. If the last thing to do cause 7th veil.

Some unexplored cross referenced source- a very tall order

SummaryWords, Deeds, Bodies by Jerry H. Gill concentrates on the interrelationships between speech, accomplishing tasks, and human embodiment. Ludwig Wittgenstein, J. L. Austin, Maurice Merleau-Ponty, and Michael Polanyi have all highlighted these relationships. This book examines the, as yet, unexplored connections between these authors' philosophies of language. It focuses on the relationships between their respective key ideas: Wittgenstein's notion of "language game, " Austin's concept of "performative utterances, " Merleau-Ponty's idea of "slackening the threads, " and Polanyi's understanding of "tacit knowing, " noting the similarities and differences between and amongst them. and how in heaven they connect to an unsolicited dream.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:21 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:Some people fall in love way too easily.

& some die broken hearted.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:06 am

Meno_ wrote:
Ichthus77 wrote:Some people fall in love way too easily.

& some die broken hearted.

Just cuz you/I know keywords & behaviorism doesn’t mean you/I know people.

You win at trying to make me think I know you without being anyone in particular. Hope you at least got a t-shirt.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:43 am

But You do believe in prophetic dreams/miracles,

Right/Wrong ?
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:48 am

Right.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:06 am

So I reviewed the thread a little. B theory it is.

But the gnostic crap I am unwilling to have anything to do with. I know how this ends & I have an eternal Yes.

Make your point if you have one that isn’t ridiculous.

You undoubtedly know the warnings I would give.

Be vague again. I dare ya.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:50 am

I believe You belive me; Iyou nay not; but you know that things of the spirit have to be intimated; 'they' work silently on slow developing courses; and they arise out of the predictable into unpredictably fated.

I know a primary dismissive unstinct that tends to reject claims that don't have a punch out certainty about it; but the nature of an absolute request is not refused; but belief in it's efficacy ; a total relinquish of fear at it's manifestation is some 'thing' without which it can not manifesr.

If You believe me; then the particles into which my ego's have evaporated will make sense. Then; all becomes clear.

There were several events like this in my life; some so personal that they maybe shouldn't even be brought up; and daily coincidences under particular cognitive pressure bring on the surprising extraordinary events .

I wish it didn't happen through my life; but I can't but take it as a blessing: rather then as a curse.

That the logos which is the absolute weighted center to all dissipation, I have no doubt and it is so everywhere in every thing and place; as to satisfy that urge in human beings to seek elsewhere; always on a search: oh there; look at that, or tomorrow not here and now in this place.

If alone maybe a lifetime lasting a few years or a second, or a million beings that used to be someone else known; or maybe become a part of; that space can also exist there.

It has been miraculous to get here and see all these flying by like some pink clouds in a green pasture; the greenest of greens to the lightest; pink around the edges as the dew drop one single dew drop lldrips as the dragon flies wings drone into another meadow and see here: it's eyes into some future gazed where you and someone else frolicking in the cool morning sun.

Feeling this way sustains a next entrance ; a different chapter an old lady Victorian lamp shade pink reading some old leather-bound book slowly turning pages a ticking click near midnight.

But the dreams. An ekephant; a live one sitting on it's rump; and a young boy; unperturbed seeming to know one another. And she dreamed of keys the very night.

I had to write something because it's late and I owed it.

One I can share" an owl sitting on a tree branch staying there motionless; for one week after my son passed ; never moved from that branch.

In all the years we've been living there; not one owl seen or heard. In many years not a single one.

Then I went looked up and it says there it's a bearer of souls.

So I know warnings and also cracking of whips; but I know tithes no mere trifle but a sound that fliws through on it's way through.

Do I believe?
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:10 pm

Not gonna do it. Wouldn’t be prudent.

Not even jurisprudent.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:02 pm

I was going to equate indivisible with invisible though.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:14 pm

under God? proceed.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:16 pm

alternate ending: you are evil & you must be destroyed

literally, not f… fricken … go away

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:53 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:alternate ending: you are evil & you must be destroyed

literally, not f… fricken … go away

That means Christ the Savior fallaciously nihilized Himself as the temporal duplex through the Tree of Knowledge in the Garden right?

Maybe that is why He is merely an appreception.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:31 pm

what?

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:49 pm

"biblical meaning of snakes in dreams
What Does The Bible Say About Snakes In Dreams?

Serpents are a well-known symbol, but they can mean different things to everyone. Somebody who keeps a snake as a pet will have different ideas of what snakes ‘mean’ to people who don’t. And somebody who is religious will have different beliefs again.

Biblical representations of snakes relate to deceit, shame, faith, and evil. Outside the Bible, snakes with two heads are a common metaphor for indecision, and the snake eating itself symbolizes rebirth or infinity.

Your dream could relate to any of these examples. That’s the beauty of dream interpretation. The dream doesn’t have an objective ‘meaning,’ there’s only what you understand it to mean. So, let’s find out what your dream about snakes might have meant.

Understanding the Symbolism of a Serpent
Snakes are highly symbolic creatures. They’re ingrained in U.S. culture, in particular, because of our shared religious heritage. In the Bible, snakes take on many meanings.

The most obvious is the serpent that deceived Eve and tempted her to eat the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge. This snake is related to feelings of temptation and sex, questioned faith and something coming between you and your religion.

Throughout the Bible, serpents are used in negative imagery. In the Gospel of Matthew, John the Baptist calls the Pharisees a ‘brood of vipers.’ Jesus used similar terms in Matthew 23:33, saying to them: “Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?”

This same connection between snakes and dishonesty and low morals has continued until today. Call somebody a ‘snake,’ and you’d be calling them a deceitful, dishonest low life.

But that imagery isn’t all there is to snakes. If you dream about snakes, that’s just one possible meaning you could take. That explains why some people are scared of snakes and others aren’t worried about them at all.

What Do Snakes Symbolize in Dreams?

If your dream imagery contains snakes, you first have to look at the context of the dream. Did you feel happy? Did you feel sad? Were you worried and anxious, or did you think about your faith?

You can go on and identify the further meaning of your dream. Let’s take a look at what these additional meanings might be.

snakes in dreams interpretation
Biblical Meaning of Snakes in Dreams

The most well-known snake in the Bible is the serpent that tempted Eve. The Biblical meaning of snakes in dreams is likely related to this story. The snake is likely a sign that your faith in God is being tested in some way.

If you’re a Christian, you should explore what this story means to you and how it might relate to your everyday life. That’s likely what’s triggering your dream symbolism. Possible scenarios include:

You’re questioning your beliefs because of hard times, e.g. illness, poverty, or issues at home.
You’re at a bridging point between two distinct times of your life, e.g. starting a new job, about to have a child, etc. This relates to the fact that after Eve’s temptation, Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden of Eden and had to come to terms with a new reality.
There’s somebody deceitful in your life who you’re wary of. They may be trying to tempt you in some way, or they may be lying to you for their advantage.
You feel embarrassed or ashamed of something. This is related to how Adam and Eve were embarrassed at their nakedness once they tasted the fruit of the tree of knowledge.
You feel that there are problems with the world that you don’t want to be drawn into. This could relate to anything from social problems to political issues.
Think about your own life and try to see how these ideas relate to you. It could be anything in the list above, or it could be completely unrelated—you have to look inside to find out.

Good Snakes in the Bible

The serpent in Genesis isn’t the only snake in the Bible, though. There are many more that you might or might not be familiar with. Other snakes in the Old Testament include:

Moses’ staff. In Exodus 4:1-5, after God reveals himself to Moses, Moses questions how the people of Israel would recognize the call of God without proof. God asks Moses to cast his shepherd’s crook down to the ground, where it becomes a snake. When Moses runs away, God calls him back and asks him to pick the rod back up, after that it becomes a regular crook again.
While Moses is in the wilderness, he mounts a bronze serpent on a pole that acts as an amulet, protecting the people from the bites of the ‘seraphim’ and the ‘burning ones.’ Later on, in 2 Kings 18:4, King Hezekiah orders it torn down because it became an idol—so there’s a mixed meaning here.
Based on this more positive snake imagery, your dreams could be symbolizing something good. Perhaps the snake is symbolic of your profound personal belief in God, i.e. the snake in your dream is your proof that God is real.

Alternatively, it could be symbolic of how you feel you should be redirecting your faith back into God, not into idols or symbols of Christ.

If you were unaware of these passages, then they can’t be what’s informing your dream imagery.

Two-Headed Snake Biblical Meaning

Another possible route for snake imagery in dreams is the two-headed snake. This could be a snake that has a head at each end, or it could be a snake with two heads at the same end—the meaning is much the same."

In fact; Jesus had to have dealt with this idea and probably understood the implications of the Boroboros as well
He had to see the equalizationbetween the good and the bad; even as it applied tohim; at once as man and son of God.

This is what I was aiming at :

"The serpent raised by Moses is cited more than once ,, as a type of Christ. Moreover, Jesus Christ Himself cites this story to explain His mission, but the imagery would have been much better understood by His disciples than it is to people today. In this article, we will draw out some of the ancient meanings of the serpent that was “lifted up”as they are found in the New Testament"
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:41 am

Hermetic junk no. Gnostic junk no. Any religion that does stuff with 3 besides actual Trinity no.

Counterfeit.

I want real.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:04 am

Ichthus77 wrote:Hermetic junk no. Gnostic junk no. Any religion that does stuff with 3 besides actual Trinity no.

Counterfeit.

I want real.

How about this :

"Jesus said :

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up. [John 3:14 KJV.]"

Ok.

But St, John is mentioned as the beloved disciple. These may appear as unauthorized -'Nihil Obstat' but still may be worth to some account?

What of the Gospel according to Saint John?
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:44 am

Are you trying to say something that I’m not picking up on? He was lifted up on the cross. He died for & draws all. What we do with that is up to us.

compare commentaries:
https://biblehub.com/john/3-14.htm

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:50 am

Why does a serpent represent what Jesus did on the cross?

Q. In the gospel of John, when Jesus is speaking with Nicodemus, why does he liken Himself to the serpent that was lifted up in the desert in the Old Testament, considering that serpents are usually associated with Satan? Why was a serpent chosen as a type/foreshadowing of what Jesus would do on the cross, especially in light of the Bible always emphasizing the “lamb” that was slain? I’ve thought that perhaps in a sense sin/evil was on the cross since Jesus “became sin” to put an end to it, but other than that it just seems weird to me.

, “Moses and the Brazen Serpent”
Jesus refers to the way Moses made a bronze serpent and put it up on a pole in order to make one specific point to Nicodemus. Jesus has just told him that he needs to be “born again” in order to enter the kingdom of God. Nicodemus has misunderstood this and thinks that Jesus is describing something physical rather than something spiritual. (This happens often in Jesus’ conversations with people in this gospel, as I explain in my study guide to John.) “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asks.

Jesus tries to explain that he’s talking about being “born of the Spirit,” but Nicodemus still asks, “How can this be?” So Jesus uses the episode of the bronze serpent to explain more precisely what he means by being “born again.”

This episode is related in the book of Numbers. The Israelites are traveling through the wilderness and they start complaining about the very manna that God has been providing miraculously to feed them in the desert. (They say, “We detest this miserable food!”) As a punishment for their ingratitude, God sends poisonous snakes among them and many of the Israelites start dying from snake bites. So they come to Moses and admit, “We sinned when we spoke against the Lord and against you.” They ask him to “pray that the Lord will take the snakes away from us.” God forgives the people and tells Moses to make a bronze snake and put it up on a pole.” God promises, “Anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.”

In other words, an admission of sin and a response of hopeful faith, looking to the means God provided for deliverance, was how the Israelites could be rescued from physical death in this instance. Jesus is telling Nicodemus that the same thing will be true, on a much grander scale in the spiritual realm, when he is “lifted up” onto the cross. Anyone who is sincerely sorry for the way they’ve disobeyed and offended God, and who looks in hopeful faith to Jesus’ death on the cross for their sake, will be rescued spiritually and given the chance to live anew. This is what it means to be “born again.”

So that is the single point of comparison: just as the Israelites needed to look in hopeful faith to God’s provision for their physical deliverance in the wilderness, so Nicodemus (and anyone else, ever since, who hears about Jesus’ conversation with him) needs to look in hopeful faith to God’s provision for their spiritual deliverance in the form of Jesus’ death on the cross.

We should not make any further points of comparison, such as “Jesus must be like a serpent in some way, rather than a lamb, because he said he had to be lifted up just as the serpent was lifted up.”

However, we should keep in mind that in the gospel of John, there are always multiple levels of meaning at work. Behind physical references there is often spiritual significance. We’ve already seen that this is true when Jesus speaks about being “born,” and it’s also true when he speaks of himself being “lifted up.” This can mean simply being raised onto the cross, but as a footnote in the NIV explains each time this phrase occurs in John, “The Greek for lifted up also means exalted.” We need to recognize that this spiritual meaning is also in view when Jesus says things like, “When I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw all people to myself.”
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:08 am

Ichthus77 wrote:Are you trying to say something that I’m not picking up on? He was lifted up on the cross. He died for & draws all. What we do with that is up to us.

compare commentaries:

What You are not saying; but is expressed above is the eery paralleled spiritual version of the 'raised up snake' that literal meaning that before the spirituallyunderstood Act takes place is foreshadowed by it's primordial understanding; as well as it's pre-evolutionary deconstruction

Ps: years ago I saw an MS where that went further than that. It stated a time backward traveling sacrifice actually demonstrating a necessity for re-creation of knowledge of 'good and bad'

An anti derivative reduction of Nietzche's morall-ethical conflict per. 'Beyond good and Evil'.

It really demoralized sex as a necessary evil- for which God the Father will have to pay the ultimate redemptive sacrafice: so that Men will believe of His love. In a sense; God sacrifices His Son; with Whom he is indistintively bound by the Holy Spirit ; and he becomes his own Orobiros.

Meaning: (possibly) The absolution of the evil of creation from it's very Being in a modern sense and not be elucidated through a transcendental understanding other than that of the intrinsic Light of Being with the Father. Until such sacrifice is truly understood: as with Isaac- the sins of our fathers can not make any sense.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:23 am

Ichthus77 wrote:Are you trying to say something that I’m not picking up on? He was lifted up on the cross. He died for & draws all. What we do with that is up to us.

compare commentaries:

Please do not get me wrong we are dealing not with contradiction of fact, but what I think is a better fit of resulting fallacy between fact and allusion metaphore- developed through the ages.

That does not diminish my love for Christ, it really expands and focuses on It.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:26 am

“better fit” - which is what?

“of resulting fallacy” - which is what?

“between fact” - which is what, in this case?

“and allusion metaphore” - which allusion &/or metaphor in this case?

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Writing