Why is everything so boring?

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:34 pm

Maia wrote:Hunting with guns sounds like really good fun. I think I'll make some enquiries.

Don't even think about it.
Urwrongx1000
Philosopher

Re: Why is everything so boring?

Postby Karpel Tunnel » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:35 am

Maia wrote:Just can't seem to find enthusiasm for anything at all lately.

Maybe you are closer to your actual desires. I don't know how Corona has affected you, but it might have led to more isolation which might have led to being in more contact with yourself, which might have led to you noticing that you really want things that you really value, whatever that is. Boredom is hard. It seems like a luxury problem, compared say to starvation, but I think it is actually much more severe than it seems. It eats at the soul. I find that I am often facing a choice between slightly interesting things, that are really distractions, and an experience of the void...that is nothing. That there isn't the deep whatever experience or option I really want on the table, as far as I can see. For me this has intensified lately. I am not in lockdown, so my situation is not very influenced by Corona, though it is 'in the air' as part of the compression everyone is feeling, adding stress and unknown fears
Karpel Tunnel
Philosopher

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind