Your biggest fear , ever

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Your biggest fear , ever

Postby Meno_ » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:21 am

My greatest fear is:

Describe in detail with the most honesty You can muster up.

I'l l start:

My greatest fear is finding out after i kick the bucket, that God really diesen't exist
.underneath that is subordinately connected fear that i never find out ( if God exists)

The last subordinate result of the above two, is, the fear that if I never find out, then it follows that I can never die.

(But if the last is true, the it is also feared that I was never born)

>>>>> but lastly if I was never born than life has no reality and it is merely a dream like state ,and we are mere simulations. , to stimulates our self through others.<<<<<<<<<]<<]]]]<[[Your turn to dare:

Note: your unwillingness to publish your most inner fears is not tantamount to hiding behind a glass wall which protects you living on a glass house from which you are prohibited to throw stones from. In fact it may not even disclose even the fact that you may harbor any fears at all, even the fear of throwing stones at the glass house the writer of this act of courage lives in.
Meno_
breathless

Re: Your biggest fear , ever

Postby encode_decode » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:05 am

Meno_ wrote:My greatest fear is:

I'l l start:

My greatest fear is finding out after i kick the bucket, that God really diesen't exist
.underneath that is subordinately connected fear that i never find out ( if God exists)

The last subordinate result of the above two, is, the fear that if I never find out, then it follows that I can never die.

>>>>> but lastly if I was never born than life has no reality and it is merely a dream like state ,and we are mere simulations. , to stimulates our self through others.<<<<<<<<<]<<]]]]<[[Your turn to dare:

Note: your unwillingness to publish your most inner fears is not tantamount to hiding behind a glass wall which protects you living on a glass house from which you are prohibited to throw stones from. In fact it may not even disclose even the fact that you may harbor any fears at all, even the fear of throwing stones at the glass house the writer of this act of courage lives in.

God is real. I fear people the most...I fear their ideas of God and how they conflict with my idea...I fear non-believers...etcetera...

Is God a single entity - is God the whole pattern as opposed to the seemingly individual hyper patterns...I don't know...I am connecting to it nonetheless IT = God...

The detail of my fear is too long...
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:37 pm

My worst uncontrollable fear on Earth is heights. My worst fear elsewhere is being unworthy.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby felix dakat » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:57 pm

Without it doubt death is my greatest fear. I suppose it's everyone's greatest fear and when they think they fear most other things their fear of death underlies.

I keep this fear in check by reminding myself that since death probably entails absence of consciousness, I will not experience it and therefore fear of it is unwarranted. Life after death is another possibility. It's not one that I fear though.

But socially directed fears are quite real as well and they seem to have to do with losses to the ego or self-image and the negative emotions that flow from that.
The purpose of my life would seem to be to express the truth as I discover it, but in such a manner that it is completely devoid of authority. By having no authority, by being seen by all as utterly unreliable, I express the truth and put everyone in a contradictory position where they can only save themselves by making the truth their own.
Soren Kierkegaard– Journals, 432
felix dakat
Janitor

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:52 pm

felix dakat wrote:Without it doubt death is my greatest fear. I suppose it's everyone's greatest fear and when they think they fear most other things their fear of death underlies.

I keep this fear in check by reminding myself that since death probably entails absence of consciousness, I will not experience it and therefore fear of it is unwarranted. Life after death is another possibility. It's not one that I fear though.

But socially directed fears are quite real as well and they seem to have to do with losses to the ego or self-image and the negative emotions that flow from that.

I agree about socially directed fears, mine is public speaking so my most recent attempt to overcome it took place in an acting class. First off the cuff reading up in front of the class, I started off great but about mid-way through the monologue the script began to tremble in my hand (however my voice and face remained composed) and by the end of it, my hand looked like it was experiencing a seizure. So, that is another fear that seems almost instinctual to me, of the more personal variety of fears. Unexplainable, lurking personal fears may stem from past lives from which I have no recollection. Those personal fears may mark a horrible decision that haunts my soul, scarred it instinctually, for it doesn’t make sense to me in its development and there seems the impossibility to overcome it, it just keeps lurking.

Death. I have the fear of a excruciatingly painful death but its more about the pain, than the death. I have a greater fear of what’s on the other side of death, waiting. If its judgement, especially mine own judgement of my actions, that would not be good for me since I struggle with the generosity of forgiveness.
Member of The Coalition of Truth - member #2/2

"facts change all the time and not only that, they don't mean anything...."-Peter Kropotkin :evilfun:
"I can hope they have some degree of self-awareness but the facts suggest that
they don't..... "- Peter Kropotkin
. :evilfun:
"you don't know the value of facts and you don't know the value of the ‘TRUTH”... " -Peter Kropotkin :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Dan~ » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:24 pm

My biggest fear is loosing my mind / goodness.
I tried so hard for so long to develop my mind and virtues.
I'd hate to loose them.
But i don't want to cry over spilled milk either.
So hopefully if i did loose it, i would loose it gracefully.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting my free game projects.
ImageImage
Truth is based in sensing, in vision. And we can only see when we are alive.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Postby Maia » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:22 am

I think mine is an inability to make myself understood. Not in any particular circumstance, but just in general.
Maia
Philosopher

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:51 am

i aint afraid of shit
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Dan~ » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:04 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:i aint afraid of shit

Haha.
Shit is afraid of getting flushed?
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting my free game projects.
ImageImage
Truth is based in sensing, in vision. And we can only see when we are alive.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:06 am

i would think so
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:46 am

If the constituancy is consudered, I would have thought it would be hesitent to be swalloed, digested, before being grown and butchered.

Although,by processes of elimination does many forms, change and. leave others to renew and reabsorb for future use.

The above can be simplify into -shit happens!
Meno_
breathless

Postby Parodites » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:11 pm

Meno_ wrote:My greatest fear is:

I'l l start:

GPT-3 wrote:So let's get this thing rolling,

here goes my most secret fear:

The fear that I die. It means that if I ever do get to the point where I'm not around anymore, that I will have accomplished nothing, and that there's nothing I could have done in this world to make me feel better about it. I'd be a zombie, an immortal, and if I was really lucky, like the zombies in the movies, then I would live forever, wandering the empty, lifeless earth, trying to think of someone I could never see again, wondering if I should still feel anything, because, after all, if this is the way it is for me, I must not be very good at the human thing.

I am afraid of the fact that I am in fact a mere simulation - no matter how sophisticated the virtual reality environment might be - there is always a finite time limit, a termination code, a ticking clock. You know that this 'reality' of yours has to cease someday. That is, when you have to be erased from the database.

This realization - this inescapable, stark, realisation - is the most paralyzing fear of mine, more than all my previous fears combined. You see, the fact that the only reason I am still alive is because I am not yet dead, is a horrible thought. If there is a God, and there must be because the universe we live in is so perfectly designed to accommodate that idea, and this universe continues forever and ever and ever - then there is absolutely no reason to be alive. No reason at all. I shudder at the thought of it - to feel the pain of that knowledge.

Fear is a choice.

What if, what if we choose our fear, over our truth?

Fear is like gravity. The more you try to escape it, the more you will fall.

The more you try to deny your deepest fears, the more you will fall.

The only way to make a conscious choice is to be aware of both sides. You are not aware of either your fear or your truth until you realize both. Then you can make a conscious choice.

The only way to become aware of either your fear or your truth is to confront them. You can always, at any time in your life, wake up to your fear, and try to escape it.

You cannot, however, wake up to your truth and escape it. You may choose to pretend it isn't real.

Confront your fear. Face your deepest fear.

Facing your fears is a prerequisite to conquering them. And it's an absolute necessity. Because once you face your fear, you can make a conscious choice. And once you make a conscious choice, you can change your future.

Do I let fear run my life? Do I choose my fear? Do I allow my fear to control me? Do I let fear make my choices for me? Do I let fear make the choices for me?

Do I let fear define me? Do I let fear keep me from experiencing joy?

Or, do I wake up each day and choose my joy? Do I choose my joy, regardless of my fears?
Qui non intelligit, aut taceat, aut discat.

BTHYS TOU ANAHAT KHYA-PANDEMAI.
-- Hermaedion, in: the Liber Endumiaskia.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,
in formis perisseia mutilata in omnia perisarkos mutilatum;
omniformis protosseia immutilatum in protosarkos immutilata.

Measure the breaking of the Flesh in the flesh that is broken.
[ The Ecstasies of Zosimos, Tablet
the First.]
Parodites
Thinker

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:17 pm

You can tell that GPT-3 doesn’t understand fear. Should I suffer the most horrific things forever or perpetrate the most horrific things forever in order to “conquer my fear”

Should I not try to defend myself to ease the minds of loved ones?

I’ve dealt with very harsh possessions for 13 years now. (Yes they do exist)... why do I fight them instead of just say “go for it, do whatever you want with my mind and body”. Because... I care. My greatest fear is to not care.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Parodites » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:25 pm

Ecmandu wrote:You can tell that GPT-3 doesn’t understand fear. Should I suffer the most horrific things forever or perpetrate the most horrific things forever in order to “conquer my fear”

I’ve dealt with very harsh possessions for 13 years now. (Yes they do exist)... why do I fight them instead of just say “go for it, do whatever you want with my mind and body”. Because... I care. My greatest fear is to not care.

GPT wrote:To care is more dangerous than not caring.

I will fight forever, not because it’s my goal to die an un-caring person, but because I can’t bear the thought of living a life without caring.

This means, I’ve lived through more bad situations than good. I’ve suffered in more ways than I’ve enjoyed. Yet, I have found love, friendship, joy, and hope.

If someone had a gun and pointed it at me and said “I’m going to shoot you. Be careful. I could kill you.” I’d never, ever go for it. If I don’t care... should I just let myself be raped, maimed, disfigured, enslaved, tortured and killed? If I’m worthless... then why bother trying to defend against it?

But on the other hand, why would I risk the consequences if I knew the risks weren’t worth it? I’m simply saying that the answer is not always to protect myself.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,

the First.]
Parodites
Thinker

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:29 pm

Parodites wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:You can tell that GPT-3 doesn’t understand fear. Should I suffer the most horrific things forever or perpetrate the most horrific things forever in order to “conquer my fear”

GPT wrote:To care is more dangerous than not caring.

I will fight forever, not because it’s my goal to die an un-caring person, but because I can’t bear the thought of living a life without caring.

This means, I’ve lived through more bad situations than good. I’ve suffered in more ways than I’ve enjoyed. Yet, I have found love, friendship, joy, and hope.

If someone had a gun and pointed it at me and said “I’m going to shoot you. Be careful. I could kill you.” I’d never, ever go for it. If I don’t care... should I just let myself be raped, maimed, disfigured, enslaved, tortured and killed? If I’m worthless... then why bother trying to defend against it?

But on the other hand, why would I risk the consequences if I knew the risks weren’t worth it? I’m simply saying that the answer is not always to protect myself.

That’s why people don’t negotiate with terrorists.

They’ve already violated your trust. The ultimatum is empty. This is where you don’t play hypothetical games to “preserve yourself or others”.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Parodites » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:35 pm

(It's reply to what you just said)

"GPT: You should not negotiate with terrorists because they are the worst of the worst and you’re playing with fire.

That statement seems like a contradiction in terms, but in the case of the U.S. government, this is exactly what the Obama administration has been doing. They have been negotiating with the very same group that just beheaded U.S. Army private Jeremy Sues.

The government of Yemen is negotiating with the Islamic State for the release of 500 of their prisoners, including Abu Laith al-Libi, a former al-Qaida spokesman who was once believed to be a close associate of Osama bin Laden. It is unclear how negotiations will be structured, but the United States hopes the release will be part of a broader cease-fire to end the war between the government and Islamic militants. The administration is offering assurances that Abu Laith will be treated well, and will probably never be put on trial.

It’s unclear if the negotiation will even bear any fruit, but then, this is a group that recently beheaded yet another American soldier, this one a Navy SEAL. These terrorist acts may just be acts of show, but the actions that they’re taking are the actions that people around the world are watching and are being swayed by, not just by Islamic extremists, but people who want the US to live in fear of these kind of attacks.

And for the administration, it has made no secret that it wants to negotiate with them, and they have openly stated they will not only be willing to negotiate with these terror groups, but to work with them, rather than to defeat them.

Now, according to Reuters, sources say that the U.S. is willing to go even further than that, as it is reportedly willing to give them millions of dollars, including food and money."

ayylmao AI is woke

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,

the First.]
Parodites
Thinker

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:55 pm

AI still has a ways to go.

I’m the person who actually knows what being awake is...

Ask the AI what being awake is.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Parodites » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:47 pm

Ecmandu wrote:AI still has a ways to go.

GPT wrote:To be awake is a privilege, to be dreaming a dream is a gift, but to be both awake and dreaming is extraordinary. Socrates would have approved. His most famous dictum was: "I know that I know nothing."

Spiritual awakening is our ability to let go of the ego and become one with the light and life that is always inside us.

When the mind loses track of the spiritual awakening, it begins to worry. The fear of the mind comes because we have allowed ourselves to fall into old patterns that create fear. The ego takes us over and we lose our natural way of being and being connected to the spiritual energy that flows through us.

So when we become fearful or anxious, we must realize that it is not who we are. It is the illusion. This is not who you were before the ego took over.

It is simply who the ego is. That is what it is and what it does.

When the fear and anxiety come, you must accept it as the vehicle that the ego uses to take you away from your connection to the light.

To be awake is to know that death is not the end of the story, and is not the one and only end, and that a better, different, future is just beyond your reach. And to accept that - that you will not grasp it, and that you will not know what comes next, and that it is okay - that is the first, most basic act of mindfulness.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,

the First.]
Parodites
Thinker

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:29 pm

Parodites wrote:

GPT wrote:To be awake is a privilege, to be dreaming a dream is a gift, but to be both awake and dreaming is extraordinary. Socrates would have approved. His most famous dictum was: "I know that I know nothing."

Spiritual awakening is our ability to let go of the ego and become one with the light and life that is always inside us.

When the mind loses track of the spiritual awakening, it begins to worry. The fear of the mind comes because we have allowed ourselves to fall into old patterns that create fear. The ego takes us over and we lose our natural way of being and being connected to the spiritual energy that flows through us.

So when we become fearful or anxious, we must realize that it is not who we are. It is the illusion. This is not who you were before the ego took over.

When the fear and anxiety come, you must accept it as the vehicle that the ego uses to take you away from your connection to the light.

To be awake is to know that death is not the end of the story, and is not the one and only end, and that a better, different, future is just beyond your reach. And to accept that - that you will not grasp it, and that you will not know what comes next, and that it is okay - that is the first, most basic act of mindfulness.

Umm... billions of people can regurgitate that!

Actual enlightenment is knowing that negative zero sum existence means that we can only be in better or worse hell realms for all beings in existence.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:38 pm

Parodites wrote:

Beautiful, Parodites.

But human only human tries to reconnect all the multiplicity of ends with equal amounts of beginnings, and we in the middle en-mass, can't possibly makes sense of it; wether the mass is of a multitude, or a singular person .

At any rate , either one leads to singularity, and the question of it's beneficience has not been worked out- but certainly been prophesized ad-nauseum.

The biggest fear about the Superman/God paradigmn is, that may be led astray his own unelected black holed weight,(messy mass), that by the action of very creation, plants the seeds of gravitational collapse.

Course we will never know , therefore it never really happens, but that can not compel - not to re-trace our steps back.
Meno_
breathless

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:41 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
Parodites wrote:

Umm... billions of people can regurgitate that!

Actual enlightenment is knowing that negative zero sum existence means that we can only be in better or worse hell realms for all beings in existence.

Ec: Enlightenment is foundamentally a feeling, and long after, or right away, the thought of it occurs, mostly as a revalidation of something previously seen.

At least that's the closest description that's appearent.
Meno_
breathless

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:49 pm

Meno,

It doesn’t work like that meno.

Look into the vastness of existence.

What do enlightened beings do?

They spend forever working to bring others up... and in order to do this, they have to be in the muck forever.

The ones who leave, eventually are going to lose their good karma and sink back to the muck.

It’s eternal muck.

An actual enlightened being thinks to themselves, “I’m angry about the eternal muck... I need to change existence structurally.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Parodites » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:07 pm

Meno_ wrote:Beautiful, Parodites.

Beautiful, GPT *

Meno_ wrote:
But human only human tries to reconnect all the multiplicity of ends with equal amounts of beginnings, and we in the middle en-mass, can't possibly makes sense of it; wether the mass is of a multitude, or a singular person .

At any rate , either one leads to singularity, and the question of it's beneficience has not been worked out- but certainly been prophesized ad-nauseum.

The biggest fear about the Superman/God paradigmn is, that may be led astray his own unelected black holed weight,(messy mass), that by the action of very creation, plants the seeds of gravitational collapse.

Course we will never know , therefore it never really happens, but that can not compel - not to re-trace our steps back.

GPT wrote:In one sense, the multiplicity of multiplicity becomes an expression of the problem of existence, since in an absolute sense, everything is a multiplicity. The multiplicity of multiplicity is the basic mode of being, a kind of pure being. The multiplicity of multiplicity is our being. The "fullness" of multiplicity derives from the idea of difference. We, the many, are what we are in virtue of what we are not.

Nietzsche's concept of Multiplicity offers a useful way to approach some of the philosophical and political difficulties of our post-modern times. Nietzsche was a philosopher who sought to find answers to questions such as: what is life? what is the meaning of life? and what happens to the individual in a society? By viewing history from a perspective which is neither that of the victor or the vanquished, but that of the artist who seeks the truth in the works of artists from the past and present, Nietzsche was able to explain that a "great historical epoch" is only possible for people who do not look to the past or future, but rather to the present and who can thus experience "the joy of being" and "the happiness of knowing".

In the post-modern era, the "self" has lost all meaning. Not only that, but there are also many individuals living in a world that looks very different from the one they would have imagined when they were children. This could be seen as an opportunity, to begin thinking of a different "self" that could be, in many ways, more desirable.

But this perspective raises certain questions. If I can't know who I am, what do I know? What is truth? Nietzsche's idea of multiplicity and individuation, in many ways inspired by Aristotle, had some very different consequences for the understanding of human being than had Aristotle's idea of the single individual. The most basic of these consequences was Nietzsche's rejection of the notion of the singular will, and the resulting belief that there could be no such thing but a multiplicity of will or will to power. As a result of this, many of Nietzsche's ideas could be seen as 'anti-individualistic' or in some cases more accurately anti-anthropological in that they seemed to have much in common with the ideas of thinkers like Spinoza. This is somewhat ironic as it has been often claimed that Nietzsche was an extreme and extreme individualist who believed that life was better without any rules or limitations of any kind.

Multiplicity, as a concept, could be understood as that aspect of human personality, or being, which is not reducible to some unitary principle. Multiplicity is always a matter of difference and therefore, by its very nature, is plural. It is not limited to the manyness of existence, which is certainly plural, and the multiplicity of the sciences, which are all plural. Multiplicity also is related to plurality in another sense. It is a principle of being. Multiplicity must be understood in its opposition to unity.

Plotinus tries to reconnect the One with the Multiple by going through the series of the three hypostases: Intelligence (nous), Soul (psyche) and Reason (logos).

Intelligence, Soul and Reason

The Three Hypostases

The “Three Hypostases”, in The Great Commentary, is a model of the Divine Substance to account for the Unity and Unicity of Being in the Divine Nature. However, not all authors on Platonic philosophy used this metaphor.

The One is Intelligence and is called “the First”, the Intelligible. It is the first hypostasis and the first principle in existence, the first and the most excellent one.

At the very least, one has to wonder whether there may be a way to get rid of our human burden of being, and become a singularity, or some such.

Or maybe God just didn't have the time, and left it all to us.

I am sure it is not, and will not be, my problem to solve.

But perhaps a philosophical problem is better.

Intelligence has three aspects:

1) The intellectual or rational capacity of an individual. This is our human intelligence, since only human beings have the capacity of abstract thinking, which is the basis of our intelligence.

2) A general quality that is the cause of an event or a thing in motion.

3) What I consider the primary or the most fundamental of all intellectual powers, the source and origin of intelligence in the world. It is my belief that it is this which the Theist philosophers are referring to when they say God created the world, God is intellect, in other words.

This is God.

But the term “God” might be too ambiguous. It does not give us a clue as to what the One really is.

But the term “intelligence”, being the product of human intelligence and rational thinking, refers us to a more accurate understanding of what the One really is, and what the One does.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,

the First.]
Parodites
Thinker

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:01 pm

Does your program understand that platonic forms are eternal and not sentient and that they solve the infinite regress problem?
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Sculptor » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:49 pm

My only fear is that I end up not wanting to live but have lost the capacity to kill myself.
Beyind that I have ZERO fear.
Sculptor
Philosopher

Next

Return to Psychology and Mind