Rosanne

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: Rosanne

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:33 am

Well, hallelujah- you’ve converted!
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:45 pm

Who'd be cheeky enough in today's world to run for POTUS?

Could Megan Markle, Duchess of Sussex have a better chance than Rosanne O'Donnell. to become POTUS ?Or is Trump still hot in their tracks? Or do the lib's have a strong platform with the current administration? What are the odds of any of this in an era of renewal in the movement toward the precipice of the Great Divide between Hollywood and DC?
Will the essence of privilege melted down into it's basic elements? Will simulated reality brought about by the reel whirring motion of lights behind the camera be proof that the post moderns were right all along and there is place within the upper echelons of society to select a candidate based on their extremest popularity index formulated around weirdness and marked abrasiveness?

Will postmodern future exemplify the most frivolous and arbitrary emotions which can conceived to bring about the much touted New World Order?

An opinion coming down the dish water grapevine is as funny as it is hilarious. The story goes like this:
It's about taking sides in the various back and forth arguments surrounding the multiform issues emanating out of various segments of society, where the opinion self- describes as being somewhat in the middle.

The allusion is about a very badly beaten up donkey, who is badly abused by it's owner, after an election in an unnamed country, leading to a lot of suppressed and dissatisfied outward anger.

At any rate the marketplace is full of these hyped up people , and witnessing the sorry donkey beating, they are maniacally whipped up to a frenzy , and the owner and the man and the donkey escape in the last second .

The allusion is obvious: but instead of showing the introspective madness of the notable philosopher, the madness becomes proactively succinct and obviously evident, by threatening actions of the menacing crowd.

The opinion goes on to portray this ongoing saga as beyond the limits of anyone's guess as to real motive and outcome.

So , no one at this point is capable to predict what the next year's promise holds for a successive POTU$.

Anyone's guess?
Last edited by Meno_ on Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:35 pm

I’d vote for Blinken if he ran. Just a feeling. If Biden doesn’t survive & VP steps in, the ensuing disaster would ensure she doesn’t re-run. In my dreams.

I am not politically … whatever. Something about Blinken feels solid, though.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind