Can dogs think phenominally?

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: Can dogs think phenominally?

Postby Sculptor » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:23 pm

Meno_ wrote:See, MagsJ , how phenominally naive or better described -stupid i can get.

On rereading my prior post, how degrading and possibly fictitious the way it can be misread.

"Misread" is spin which focuses the fault away from yourself to the reader.
You'd do better being less of a windbag, and saying what you mean.

If that's the cased i regret when my vampire comes out in full force.

Maybe the bombshell thought about it along the same lines. Maybe i'm conducive by some kind of inner inauthenticity to speak in terms of the 'is-ought world of experience.

The question may be asked is prior to the possible phenomenal think in of the dog, need a phenomenal duplicity of man's (mine) and others' be included ?

In fact , men could be phenominally stupid before that being attributed to dogs. But that may be stretching it to show gaps in their snarls.

https://youtu.be/yFaGHnbcnIs
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Sculptor » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:26 pm

Meno_ wrote:Thanks MagsJ and Sculptor. Your advice is helpful, but does not eliminate the way I feel.

Incidentally 'Abbey' was a syndicated newspaper columnist, featured as "Dear Abbey' for decades, and people used to write to get for advice.

The fact is , as you may know Sculptor, having once lived in the city of angels, it has lost it's small town athmosphere, and even transplanted New-Yorkers comment on how it bears increasing resemblance to the big apple day by day.

So, the fragile relationships a new guy in town managed to construct, can be voided by a wrong look or comment.

My family is trying not to fall back into. an Adams
family type notice, whereas all have to go through this type of initial presumption.

So I take Sculptors suggestion to heart. and seek out the opportunity to obviously talk to and about the dog, and only if the unnamed bombshell is facing toward me, and hopefully out of sight of dear hubby.

Thanks again guys.

It does not matter where you live. You can get that small town experience whereso ever you may be.
It all depends on your scope, your reach and your choice of friends. But mostly your willingness to explore.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Otto » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:27 pm

Meno_ wrote:Dogs and people.

Just a curious happening in the neighberhood. How would handle it?

The other day, this good looking blonde, older but still swelte, who usually smiles and is friendly, comes out with her frisky miniature poodle to check the mail. I used to know her name but forgot.

So her dog barks at me, she doesen't know me, so i go " hi baby' .

The woman pretends not to hear, maybe I think she thought perhaps i was addressing her and not the pup.

I am afraid she may think I was making an improper pass, because she has shined me off since.

Just another thing to set my mind worrying

I wish somehow the dog could let her know.

I am reluctant to knock on her door and explain, and her husband may not appreciate me slipping a note under the door.

Dear reader ( now that Abby is gone), what should I do? Or just wait...for the winter freeze...

Not that Los Angeles neighbors are anything but perfunctory. I even thought of explaining that i call all dogs baby., which i do, but would that not further exesparate the situation.

I give you the following tip: You should have a gay callboy come and have sex with him at your big window at the moment when the said woman comes with her dog and can see you.

I hope I could help you with this.
Otto

Postby Meno_ » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:11 pm

Otto wrote:

The other day, this good looking blonde, older but still swelte, who usually smiles and is friendly, comes out with her frisky miniature poodle to check the mail. I used to know her name but forgot.

The woman pretends not to hear, maybe I think she thought perhaps i was addressing her and not the pup.

I am afraid she may think I was making an improper pass, because she has shined me off since.

I am reluctant to knock on her door and explain, and her husband may not appreciate me slipping a note under the door.

Dear reader ( now that Abby is gone), what should I do? Or just wait...for the winter freeze...

Not that Los Angeles neighbors are anything but perfunctory. I even thought of explaining that i call all dogs baby., which i do, but would that not further exesparate the situation.

I give you the following tip: You should have a gay callboy come and have sex with him at your big window at the moment when the said woman comes with her dog and can see you.

"Shhhhhh, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

It!

Not with her big marine and his son , just out ( of basic from camp pendleton ) leaving dog poop all over my front yard.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Otto » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:42 pm

Meno_ wrote:
Otto wrote:

"Shhhhhh, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

It!

Not with her big marine and his son , just out ( of basic from camp pendleton ) leaving dog poop all over my front yard.

Wasn't that helpful for you?

Or you put a muscular workman on your roof and keep calling out to him: "High". And when the said woman passes by again, she knows that she is not meant.

But it's likely the best that you just forget about the "hi" thing.

What do you think?
Otto

Postby Otto » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:59 pm

How many dogs are underdogs?

The dogs shown in the following film are not underdogs at all.

Otto

Postby Meno_ » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:27 am

Really. Maybe You and every postman who tries to bait the dogs on their route to peacefully pass mail, bring bones of signs of understanding of dog psychology, wherein they know little about whitmanesque digital acceptance, nor of Catholic dogma, forcing gay priests and straight ones from geniflecting with anyone but Jesus.

Who has been commented obtrusively to love his beloved disciple apostle, John.

Does anyone nowedays think about wether Christ read or was at all familiar with Plato's ladder of love?

At any rate this is post Stonewall for at least 50 years, and only scattered vestiges remain among those who still bark for a reinvented America.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:55 am

Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:58 am

Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Sculptor » Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:18 pm

ANy species that dream can think phenomenally.
Dogs dream.
Therefore dogs can think phenomenally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3SFXwdAqro
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:55 pm

Sculptor wrote:ANy species that dream can think phenomenally.
Dogs dream.

I suppose, even half breeds?
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Sculptor » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:35 pm

Meno_ wrote:
Sculptor wrote:ANy species that dream can think phenomenally.
Dogs dream.

I suppose, even half breeds?

What is a half breed?
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:11 am

One half of a fully bred dawg.now I just know yoy'all be expectin' more, but i'm on the road jus' now.
I would think pre breeds excel in some things, whereas part or mixed breeds do better in others

Got here to Park City, Utah, my partner and I travel a lot nowedays, now that the kids are supposed to be grown.

So as times alotted, will try to explicate myself from my dryer then usual reply.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Sculptor » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:03 pm

Meno_ wrote:One half of a fully bred dawg.now I just know yoy'all be expectin' more, but i'm on the road jus' now.
I would think pre breeds excel in some things, whereas part or mixed breeds do better in others

Got here to Park City, Utah, my partner and I travel a lot nowedays, now that the kids are supposed to be grown.

So as times alotted, will try to explicate myself from my dryer then usual reply.

There is a philosophical problem with the term.
Half of anything is also half of something else.
All dogs are whole, except one that are chopped in half with an such things as buzz saws.

Generally speaking "cross breeds" as they are known can have what breeders call hybrid vigour. But this usually relies on a more natural environment which removes weaknesses.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:35 pm

Sculptor wrote:
Meno_ wrote:One half of a fully bred dawg.now I just know yoy'all be expectin' more, but i'm on the road jus' now.

All dogs are whole, except one that are chopped in half with an such things as buzz saws.

Generally speaking "cross breeds" as they are known can have what breeders call hybrid vigour. But this usually relies on a more natural environment which removes weaknesses.

Thank god that philosophical problem resolves into a tautology!

Therefore no other proof is necessary , though it may be possible to dream one up.
I don't know whether dogs could be that resolute, if at all.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Sculptor » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:47 pm

Meno_ wrote:
Sculptor wrote:

Thank god that philosophical problem resolves into a tautology!

Therefore no other proof is necessary , though it may be possible to dream one up.
I don't know whether dogs could be that resolute, if at all.

Thank you for your comments which I am sure at least you think are coherent.
I am so glad you are willing to reject the didgy "half Breed" -with a long history of racist abuse in favour of "cross breed" is is completely non-perjorative.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:55 am

Sculptor says:

"Thank you for your comments which I am sure at least you think are coherent.
I am so glad you are willing to reject the didgy "half Breed" -with a long history of racist abuse in favour of "cross breed" is is completely non-perjorative."

>>>>>> >>>> >>>>>

Your welcome Sculptor.

I am writing from experience, of which you must know by now, since I have written and intimated that many times over.

Nevvertheless, your charge becomes odd, at any rate , in light of this appearently -new to you disclosure.

And incidently, it is of bad taste to bite the hand that voted for you, but i'm just sayin'
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:35 am

Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Sculptor » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:51 am

Meno_ wrote:Sculptor says:

I am so glad you are willing to reject the dodgy "half Breed" -with a long history of racist abuse in favour of "cross breed" is is completely non-perjorative."

>>>>>> >>>> >>>>>

Your welcome Sculptor.

I am writing from experience, of which you must know by now, since I have written and intimated that many times over.

Nevvertheless, your charge becomes odd, at any rate , in light of this appearently -new to you disclosure.

And incidently, it is of bad taste to bite the hand that voted for you, but i'm just sayin'

This is not a popularity contest.
I'm more interested in the truth than trying to please people on this travesty of a philosophy forum. The fact that there is a vote to ban me is indicative of just how bad this Forum has become when thugs like urwrongx1000 can continue to peddle racist BS
"Half Breed" is an insult.
It is negative, assuming the object is ONLY half of something. It's history is about calling people half white. A person born of an American Indian and a white would be Half-cast, half breed. A bastard result of a rpaed squaw.
Surely you can see that?
Cross breed is the term more commonly used.
I'm puzzled what you mean by "writing from experience". Do you consider yourself a half breed?
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Sculptor » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:53 am

Meno_ wrote:https://youtu.be/EOO8TwyVFYI

That was hard to watch.

My own dog is also a cream labrador just like that one, and she is getting on in years. I've played out this scenario in my head for myslef and her already
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Sculptor » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:59 am

Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:02 pm

Sculptor wrote:
Meno_ wrote:Sculptor says:

I am so glad you are willing to reject the dodgy "half Breed" -with a long history of racist abuse in favour of "cross breed" is is completely non-perjorative."

>>>>>> >>>> >>>>>

Your welcome Sculptor.

This is not a popularity contest.
I'm more interested in the truth than trying to please people on this travesty of a philosophy forum. The fact that there is a vote to ban me is indicative of just how bad this Forum has become when thugs like urwrongx1000 can continue to peddle racist BS
"Half Breed" is an insult.
It is negative, assuming the object is ONLY half of something. It's history is about calling people half white. A person born of an American Indian and a white would be Half-cast, half breed. A bastard result of a rpaed squaw.
Surely you can see that?
Cross breed is the term more commonly used.
I'm puzzled what you mean by "writing from experience". Do you consider yourself a half breed?

Honestly, I never thought of 'half breed' in the terms you described it. Not for a minute did it occur to me. One word, dropped out of context, results on shattering explosive , mind boggling exchanges.

But one thing OS clear, that i was wrong, and knowing myself two wrongs, well, don't make right.

The thing about dogs' 'thinking' can be said to be somewhat correlate to that of small children, they may be more concretely embedded into communicating in very general cues, the bull sees red, the dog hears fetch, and this sort of animal reaction results in a different morphism, where dogs can interpret us as their gods.

But we are way ahead of them, they know we own them, and they accept it. They become docile and loving, removed from their habitat like the wolf hound, reflecting on their Steppenwolf state, they are joyful in the wild, romping around and meeting others of their kind.

This sudden reaction, which brought on me the group's ire, is to a degree representative the thin layer of projected anged, which politicizes a search for a direction of a channel through which this fear of inner directed violance finds an object

I agree with you, and even if such thoughts may indeed reflect an individual aversion to self doubt, it is those, who particularly have this fear, deny that as possibly pertaining in themselves.

My concern hopefully does rise above the need to victimide myself further, and i can only do it by the varied reactions of those, with which I sympathise, and it is ironic that my posture appears as a bastardization to people I rather admire in the most part

I do appreciate Your respinse. and I wish I could go on with the ideas thag could further detail some of the questions You bring up.

Thanks
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Sculptor » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:16 pm

Meno_ wrote:
Honestly, I never thought of 'half breed' in the terms you described it. Not for a minute did it occur to me. One word, dropped out of context, results on shattering explosive , mind boggling exchanges.

But one thing OS clear, that i was wrong, and knowing myself two wrongs, well, don't make right.

The thing about dogs' 'thinking' can be said to be somewhat correlate to that of small children, they may be more concretely embedded into communicating in very general cues, the bull sees red, the dog hears fetch, and this sort of animal reaction results in a different morphism, where dogs can interpret us as their gods.

It is quite amazing how things taken for granted can preserve falsehoods for generations.
Bulls cannot see "red". Colour has no meaning for them.
I do not see the human do relationship as god and subject.
Dogs love to be with humans and mostly humans love to be with dogs. I'd admit that where abuse exists the dog is always the butt. But mostly it is mutually beneficial. Dogs live longer and more comfotably in their symbiosis.
As I type my girl is on her back with her legs in the air grownmoaning. It is time for her walk and I can neither ignore, nor resist her request. I'll have to keep this short.

But we are way ahead of them, they know we own them, and they accept it. They become docile and loving, removed from their habitat like the wolf hound, reflecting on their Steppenwolf state, they are joyful in the wild, romping around and meeting others of their kind.

This sudden reaction, which brought on me the group's ire, is to a degree representative the thin layer of projected anged, which politicizes a search for a direction of a channel through which this fear of inner directed violance finds an object

I agree with you, and even if such thoughts may indeed reflect an individual aversion to self doubt, it is those, who particularly have this fear, deny that as possibly pertaining in themselves.

My concern hopefully does rise above the need to victimide myself further, and i can only do it by the varied reactions of those, with which I sympathise, and it is ironic that my posture appears as a bastardization to people I rather admire in the most part

I do appreciate Your respinse. and I wish I could go on with the ideas thag could further detail some of the questions You bring up.

Thanks

Now she is staring my directly in the face. Her face is too cute to ignore and I am compelled to take her for a walk. She is in control as much as me. But we both get lots from the relationship.
I am not GOD, but she is DOG.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Sun May 22, 2022 3:31 pm

That's phenomenal ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun May 22, 2022 3:59 pm

Not dogs, but…
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3398142/

Language requires normativity. Betting it’s mutually produced.

When we communicate, it follows rules, & vice versa.

Thinking is communicating with subsisting self, so…
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology and Mind