David Icke: what do people see in him?

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: David Icke: what do people see in him?

Postby promethean75 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:43 pm

No, I am waiting on a lasagna. But sometimes Mother is rude to me... and I, I... well I become angry with Mother and have to control myself.....

https://streamable.com/c9mwie
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:59 pm

:lol:

Home-made lasagne, is like home-made moussaka.. bloomin fantastic.

That Icke guy.. he’s probably a vegan, or a pescatarian.. at the very most.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby felix dakat » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:15 pm

I'm not a fan.
felix dakat
Janitor

Postby Sculptor » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:08 am

promethean75 wrote:No, I am waiting on a lasagna. But sometimes Mother is rude to me... and I, I... well I become angry with Mother and have to control myself.....

https://streamable.com/c9mwie

Mummy will smack your little bottom.
Leave her alone to get on woth the Lasagna
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Yazata » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:39 pm

Maia wrote:I've recently started reading David Icke's Everything You Need to Know But Have Never Been Told, as I've never read anything by him before and I thought I'd give it a go. It's available as a free PDF file, here:

https://oiipdf.com/everything-you-need- ... david-icke

Thanks for the link. I'll have to take a look at it.

I'm still only a short way in and I have to say that it's awful.

From what little I know about him, I expect that my opinion will be the same.

So my question is, why on earth is he so famous and influential?

Perhaps multiple reasons. I'd need to know who he is famous and influential among. And what that group looks like.

Absent that, I can only speculate.

One reason might be that he gives voice to alienation that many of his admirers feel. The idea that this world is ruled by dark powers that aren't even human. That's a pretty evocative image, you have to admit.

And I suspect that there's a similar motive among his louder and more aggressive critics who try to exaggerate his influence. These people might get a cheap feeling of intellectual superiority by attacking him and might thereby be expressing their own feelings of alienation from what they perceive as the common herd, where they imagine that Icke's ideas are far more influential than they really are.

So I suspect that both his admirers and many of his critics share reasons for exaggerating his importance and influence.

But that's all my own speculation without any real data on what his influence really is.
Yazata

Previous

Return to Psychology and Mind