Dimensions

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: Dimensions

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:39 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:The mind can exist independently from the brain as found in millions of near death experiences accounts.

If all the near death experiences were tallied from the first generation of human to now, could billions of recollections exist?

I think I have a recent stat somewhere, I’ll look for it.

Can billions of dead people be mistaken about what similarly followed their deaths?


Saying "near death" equates to saying "nearly lost the mind."

The person did not die if it was NEAR death. That's like saying "near miss." A near miss was a close call, they missed, but it was near a collision.


Does death defying make it more easily swallowed?

For all intents and purposes, science is clueless to explain anything death defying, agreed?
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am

Re: Dimensions

Postby Motor Daddy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:44 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Does death defying make it more easily swallowed?

For all intents and purposes, science is clueless to explain anything death defying, agreed?


The words "death defying" equates to the words defying death, which equates to the words cheating death, which is an analogy for coming close to death, but not actually dying.

You are trying to play word games, and it's not working.

Death = Red
Life = Green

You are either red, or green. There is no choice of "almost red."
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: Dimensions

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:45 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:

I am of a faith that consciousness does not end/die, however it does assume a new form more akin to a ghost.


Faith is an unsupported belief. Consciousness is an output of the brain, akin to the chemical reactions that take place in a battery. It is your perception in your mind, which is not reality.


It’s not about faith.

Continuity of consciousness...

Meaning...

As an adult, you still remember yourself as a 5 year old.

So. If YOU ever die in the future, you wouldn’t exist right now, as the YOU right now is a subset of the you for all time.

If the you for all times dies, you wouldn’t be here right now.

So then you’ll ask, “was I ever born?”

No you weren’t. You chose to forget.

You chose to forget for entertainment.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Dimensions

Postby Motor Daddy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:48 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
Motor Daddy wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:

I am of a faith that consciousness does not end/die, however it does assume a new form more akin to a ghost.


Faith is an unsupported belief. Consciousness is an output of the brain, akin to the chemical reactions that take place in a battery. It is your perception in your mind, which is not reality.


It’s not about faith.

Continuity of consciousness...

Meaning...

As an adult, you still remember yourself as a 5 year old.

So. If YOU ever die in the future, you wouldn’t exist right now, as the YOU right now is a subset of the you for all time.

If the you for all times dies, you wouldn’t be here right now.

So then you’ll ask, “was I ever born?”

No you weren’t. You chose to forget.

You chose to forget for entertainment.


Do you remember how it was before you were born? That's how it's gonna be after you die.

You did not exist before you were born, and you will not exist after you die.

Simples really!
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: Dimensions

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:48 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Does death defying make it more easily swallowed?

For all intents and purposes, science is clueless to explain anything death defying, agreed?


The words "death defying" equates to the words defying death, which equates to the words cheating death, which is an analogy for coming close to death, but not actually dying.

You are trying to play word games, and it's not working.

Death = Red
Life = Green

You are either red, or green. There is no choice of "almost red."


So what science considers clinical death is my word game?
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am

Re: Dimensions

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:52 pm

Motor wrote:


Do you remember how it was before you were born? That's how it's gonna be after you die.

You did not exist before you were born, and you will not exist after you die.

Simples really!

Ecmandu responds;

There are people on earth who remember their past lives in vivid detail. It’s not to fun for them actually”.

You need to get out more.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Dimensions

Postby Motor Daddy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:53 pm

WendyDarling wrote:
Motor Daddy wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:Does death defying make it more easily swallowed?

For all intents and purposes, science is clueless to explain anything death defying, agreed?


The words "death defying" equates to the words defying death, which equates to the words cheating death, which is an analogy for coming close to death, but not actually dying.

You are trying to play word games, and it's not working.

Death = Red
Life = Green

You are either red, or green. There is no choice of "almost red."


So what science considers clinical death is my word game?


Again, you are either dead, or you are alive.

Definitions of "clinical death" are used to describe a situation where the person is not actually dead, but in a state of life that may as well be considered dead. They don't have a normally functioning brain or body.

They are technically still alive.
User avatar
Motor Daddy
Philosopher
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:32 pm

Re: Dimensions

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:57 pm

No.

It doesn’t work that way dude. We pass ON!!

Meaning: we continue on as intelligence.

Seeing is believing. You haven’t seen, so you don’t believe.

I have no problem with that.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Dimensions

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:15 pm

Ecmandu wrote:No.

It doesn’t work that way dude. We pass ON!!

Meaning: we continue on as intelligence.

Seeing is believing. You haven’t seen, so you don’t believe.

I have no problem with that.


That intelligence is eternal is in my existence thread. Yes, we’re agreed, Ec. We need a way to explain green to the blind.

Why aren’t NDEs or OBEs able to share experiences for corroboration’s sake?

If you cannot explain green to the blind, how are the blind ever going to recognize your plan?
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am

Re: Dimensions

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:23 pm

WendyDarling wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:No.

It doesn’t work that way dude. We pass ON!!

Meaning: we continue on as intelligence.

Seeing is believing. You haven’t seen, so you don’t believe.

I have no problem with that.


That intelligence is eternal is in my existence thread. Yes, we’re agreed, Ec. We need a way to explain green to the blind.

Why aren’t NDEs or OBEs able to share experiences for corroboration’s sake?


Not everyone has those Wendy.

Almost everyone has access to past lives or parallel lives through dreams when they sleep though.

Nothing in life is a mirage or hallucination.

It’s just misunderstanding or subtler planes of existence.

Like: when you see a water mirage in the desert and there’s no water, that’s when you acquire the concept of being able to be tricked. Actually it is moisture that’s evaporating... but that’s besides the point...

It doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re walking to an oasis. So then, you see the trick. And now you know.

“Hallucinations” are actual spirits visiting you.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Dimensions

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:36 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:No.

It doesn’t work that way dude. We pass ON!!

Meaning: we continue on as intelligence.

Seeing is believing. You haven’t seen, so you don’t believe.

I have no problem with that.


That intelligence is eternal is in my existence thread. Yes, we’re agreed, Ec. We need a way to explain green to the blind.

Why aren’t NDEs or OBEs able to share experiences for corroboration’s sake?


Not everyone has those Wendy.

Almost everyone has access to past lives or parallel lives through dreams when they sleep though.

Nothing in life is a mirage or hallucination.

It’s just misunderstanding or subtler planes of existence.

Like: when you see a water mirage in the desert and there’s no water, that’s when you acquire the concept of being able to be tricked. Actually it is moisture that’s evaporating... but that’s besides the point...

It doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re walking to an oasis. So then, you see the trick. And now you know.

“Hallucinations” are actual spirits visiting you.


Not my question. My question was,’why are they never shared experience by two participants who can then corroborate their experience on another plane?’
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am

Re: Dimensions

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:23 pm

You chose that. That’s the answer.

In the current plan we’re in, we make different choices through the trillions of years we’ve lived.

You chose to wake up again.

Which is why we’re together.

I never chose to slumber.

I needed to figure out if the current plan works.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Dimensions

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:28 pm

Ecmandu wrote:You chose that. That’s the answer.

In the current plan we’re in, we make different choices through the trillions of years we’ve lived.

You chose to wake up again.

Which is why we’re together.

I never chose to slumber.

I needed to figure out if the current plan works.


Vague, non-referential answers are not helpful. I chose?

You don’t find the lack of corroboration disconcerting?
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am

Re: Dimensions

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:41 pm

WendyDarling wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:You chose that. That’s the answer.

In the current plan we’re in, we make different choices through the trillions of years we’ve lived.

You chose to wake up again.

Which is why we’re together.

I never chose to slumber.

I needed to figure out if the current plan works.


Vague, non-referential answers are not helpful. I chose?

You don’t find the lack of corroboration disconcerting?


Wendy,

We all do life viewings of all of us at some point.

Then you’ll know.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Dimensions

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:11 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:You chose that. That’s the answer.

In the current plan we’re in, we make different choices through the trillions of years we’ve lived.

You chose to wake up again.

Which is why we’re together.

I never chose to slumber.

I needed to figure out if the current plan works.


Vague, non-referential answers are not helpful. I chose?

You don’t find the lack of corroboration disconcerting?


Wendy,

We all do life viewings of all of us at some point.

Then you’ll know.


Prove that. Prove any of what you contend. If you cannot, then you are working on the wrong problem.
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am

Re: Dimensions

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:21 pm

Wendy.

Green to a blind person.

How am I supposed to prove that?

My only tool is logic. And it doesn’t suffice.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Dimensions

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:30 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Wendy.

Green to a blind person.

How am I supposed to prove that?

My only tool is logic. And it doesn’t suffice.


This should be your primary job, making the blind see. Use your vast imagination while also applying logic and figure it out.

Must I do everything? :evilfun:
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am

Re: Dimensions

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:35 pm

WendyDarling wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:Wendy.

Green to a blind person.

How am I supposed to prove that?

My only tool is logic. And it doesn’t suffice.


This should be your primary job, making the blind see. Use your vast imagination while also applying logic and figure it out.

Must I do everything? :evilfun:


The blind chose not to see colors, just like you chose not to see everything.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Dimensions

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:31 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:Wendy.

Green to a blind person.

How am I supposed to prove that?

My only tool is logic. And it doesn’t suffice.


This should be your primary job, making the blind see. Use your vast imagination while also applying logic and figure it out.

Must I do everything? :evilfun:


The blind chose not to see colors, just like you chose not to see everything.


Nice pivot. You know that your logic is riddled with holes, right? I am not heartless, so I won't go through them all but see to the holes there.
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am

Re: Dimensions

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:21 pm

The holes are that existence is imperfect.

A person can’t be a perfect being

But with enough people, they can make a perfect plan.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Dimensions

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:33 pm

Ecmandu wrote:The holes are that existence is imperfect.

A person can’t be a perfect being

But with enough people, they can make a perfect plan.


I applaud your idealism, but imperfection and limits simply remain as constants here, constants of change.
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am

Re: Dimensions

Postby Ecmandu » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:29 pm

WendyDarling wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:The holes are that existence is imperfect.

A person can’t be a perfect being

But with enough people, they can make a perfect plan.


I applaud your idealism, but imperfection and limits simply remain as constants here, constants of change.


Continuity is built into the current plan.

All the memories are eventually retrievable by spirit even if you die of Alzheimer’s here.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Dimensions

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:05 am

Ecmandu wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:The holes are that existence is imperfect.

A person can’t be a perfect being

But with enough people, they can make a perfect plan.


I applaud your idealism, but imperfection and limits simply remain as constants here, constants of change.


Continuity is built into the current plan.

All the memories are eventually retrievable by spirit even if you die of Alzheimer’s here.


Retrievable?

Have you experienced your viewing yet?
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am

Re: Dimensions

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:13 am

Many times.

Wendy, I know you want answers for everything RIGHT NOW!!!!

We’re in a bad plan and I’m making a new plan.

Answers in this plan are only important if the new plan isn’t implemented.

Look at this post to understand:

https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2829297
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16011
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: Dimensions

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:02 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Many times.

Wendy, I know you want answers for everything RIGHT NOW!!!!

We’re in a bad plan and I’m making a new plan.

Answers in this plan are only important if the new plan isn’t implemented.

Look at this post to understand:

https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 7#p2829297


There are two possible reasons your plan will never come to fruition:

1) “We” are not in control

2) Some part of “we” will always remain asleep.
WendyDarling
Heroine
 
Posts: 9688
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology and Mind



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users