Love doesn't happen by chance or does it?

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: Love doesn't happen by chance or does it?

Postby obsrvr524 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:41 am

A Shieldmaiden wrote: Man's soul immortal

What is Man's soul immortal?

Man's "soul immortal" is whatever it is that Man essentially does (the "soul") perpetually ("immortal). And that seems to be to attempt to control his environment (which is his God) and thus become God (a pointlessly suicidal goal).
              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
    It's just the same Satanism as always -
    • separate the bottom from the top,
    • the left from the right,
    • the light from the dark, and
    • blame each for the sins of the other
    • - until they beg you to take charge.
    • -- but "you" have been observed --

The prospect of death weighs naught upon the purpose of life - James S Saint - 2009
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:55 am

obsrvr524 wrote:
I don't think you understood what I said - there wasn't any "that belief". :-?

Let me rephrase it then

Why would you presume/assume that every person has this bubble of belief.

What I am saying is that everyone has their own "bubble of belief" - where they maintain a limited - and always false - belief in what is real - everyone forms their own - and they defend it - sometimes to ridiculous extremes.

But because of that unavoidable situation - it makes sense (to me at least) that people allow Love to be a big part of their bubble - whether it is real or not - And the reason for that is very rational.

The Way We have Always Done It? Is this your source?

"Bubbles of belief exist in every corner of our lived experience. They are shared maps that groups use to navigate relationships in the reality they co-create.
Unfortunately, they are maps that occasionally lead us over a cliff too".

Firstly, I can understand your firm belief in what you have read, it says a great deal about who you are.
Well that's OK, but

I think after reading articles on this "bubble of belief" one example below:

"How do you feel when you start a new position with a new team?
For me, it has always been a mix of excitement and awkwardness. Mostly awkwardness. Because I don’t know the unwritten rules of the place and I don’t
want to make an embarrassing faux pas on my first few days."

To explain this, Gray ( I presume) the author would say the team I am joining has a shared set of beliefs they use to navigate their work relationships called the bubble of belief.

Frankly I can't relate to any of this and the word "team" is abhorrent to me.

It appears to be "safety in numbers", which to some of us has no attraction whatsoever.

To me this smacks of a Tony Robbins Self Help.
The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:44 pm

A Shieldmaiden wrote:For the majority of us, love is the one part of our lives we believe happens to us solely by chance.

For years passion was not considered a solid basis for marriage until recently.

Here we must exercise caution. When two people instantly fall in love, they are in love with an idealised concept of each other, which eventually, nearly always, ends in disaster.

How many of us would put in the effort needed to keep a relationship going when one person cheats on the other?

What about physical attraction. Yes. It is important, but too much of a good thing, can turn into a bad thing and instead of love it is lust. I chuckle here as some may disagree vehemently with this.

Does it make sense to enter into an aranged marriage where both parties can learn to love each other gradually and travel on solid ground.

I dont believe we have one person only for us. Our soulmate. That is for the poet and his/her muse.

Should we wait around hoping for our true love to happen upon us.

Should we use our common sense and plan for it, like we plan for a career, or anything else, reject the fairytale aspect of it.

Some are quite content without it.

Perhaps if One makes One’s-self ‘easier to love’, love will become easier to happen, and it will follow or find us wherever we go.. I don’t quote the bible, but in your case..

Preface.. to the Eucharistic Prayer
- Priest: Lift up your hearts.
- People: We lift them up to the Lord.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Meno_ » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:50 pm

Mags J says :

"I dont believe we have one person only for us. Our soulmate. That is for the poet and his/her muse."

me no says:

"One for all, All for one"

Bless me father, for I have sinned.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:31 pm

Meno_ wrote:Mags J says : "I dont believe we have one person only for us. Our soulmate. That is for the poet and his/her muse."

Those were Shield’s words, not mine..

I said: “Perhaps if One makes One’s-self ‘easier to love’,
love will become easier to happen,
and it will follow or find us wherever we go
..”

__
me no says: "One for all, All for one"

Bless me father, for I have sinned.

In the adulterous vein, of sin?

..perhaps Meno_ made himself too easy to love.. ; )
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby obsrvr524 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:05 pm

MagsJ wrote:Perhaps if One makes One’s-self ‘easier to love’, love will become easier to happen, and it will follow or find us wherever we go..

:handgestures-thumbupright:

A Shieldmaiden wrote:Let me rephrase it then

Why would you presume/assume that every person has this bubble of belief....

I think the chasm of misunderstanding between what I write and what you read is insurmountable. It's like you criticize the cat's claw, nose, ears, tail,.. but you were actually examining a dog.

A "bubble of belief" refers to the limit of reality that an individual accepts as being real - and because of its limits - it isn't actually real - similar to saying that "everyone has their own perspective" - or as some say - "my truth isn't your truth" (which is a bubble of belief in about a bubble of belief).

I'll leave it at that.
              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it

The prospect of death weighs naught upon the purpose of life - James S Saint - 2009
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:44 am

obsrvr524 wrote:

Man's "soul immortal" is whatever it is that Man essentially does (the "soul") perpetually ("immortal). And that seems to be to attempt to control his environment (which is his God) and thus become God (a pointlessly suicidal goal).

:o

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:31 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:
MagsJ wrote:Perhaps if One makes One’s-self ‘easier to love’, love will become easier to happen, and it will follow or find us wherever we go..

:handgestures-thumbupright:

:wink:

On a steady incline of MJOT.. that’s how it should always be..

MagsJ

Postby obsrvr524 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:59 pm

MagsJ wrote:On a steady incline of MJOT.. that’s how it should always be..

Is there anyone else happy who visits this board? :-s
              You have been observed.

obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:25 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:

Some here seem content, others.. somewhat content.

Once the pulley of contentment starts tugging you uphill,
there’s no way to get back down.. from a steady incline.

MagsJ

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:29 pm

If someone is happy in existence, they are a sociopath.

They are the type of people who distinguish ... “I’m having a good day and they’re having a bad day

These people are not living.

They are sleepwalking through life.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:47 pm

obsrvr524 wrote:

For the most part, I am.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:49 pm

Ecmandu wrote:If someone is happy in existence, they are a sociopath.

They are the type of people who distinguish ... “I’m having a good day and they’re having a bad day

Wrong, as I have a good day, I lend my energy towards others having the same.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:57 pm

WendyDarling wrote:

Does your good day involve feeling great because a child in Uganda is starving to death?

Empaths don’t have good days if anyone is having a bad day.

Only sociopaths say that.

To hold the space of others suffering but not insulting those suffering people, I deflect the question and simply say, “I’m doing my Jason things for what it’s worth.”

Psychopaths will say they’re doing great.

They are psysiologically incapable of holding the space for others- even if they can’t immediately do something about their plight.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:11 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
WendyDarling wrote:

Does your good day involve feeling great because a child in Uganda is starving to death?

Empaths don’t have good days if anyone is having a bad day.

Only sociopaths say that.

To hold the space of others suffering but not insulting those suffering people, I deflect the question and simply say, “I’m doing my Jason things for what it’s worth.”

Psychopaths will say they’re doing great.

They are psysiologically incapable of holding the space for others- even if they can’t immediately do something about their plight.

No. And it’s not healthy for you to erroneously perceive the worst about every living soul.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:16 pm

There’s no error.

In someway, shape or form, every being in existence (including the sidewalk you walk on) is having their consent violated.

If they deny this, they choose sociopathy (blocking the feeling and innate wisdom to keep themselves ‘sane’) over being a full and honest being.

Let me put it this way to you Wendy....

Do you really think you’re helping anyone by being brainwashed into saying you’re doing well?

Are you even trying?
Last edited by Ecmandu on Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:40 pm

Stay off the fucking sidewalk, Wendy. You heard the man.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:45 pm

promethean75 wrote:Stay off the fucking sidewalk, Wendy. You heard the man.

The sidewalk doesn’t hurt when you walk on it.

What it will do is not LET you walk on it.

Same with chairs and benches ...

Have you ever tried to sit down and it just doesn’t feel right so then you ‘decide’ to stand?

That’s because the seat doesn’t like you.

The amount of wisdom lost over tens of thousands of years is staggering.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:52 pm

That reminds of relationships between phenomenon and experience.True one can not derive one in terms of the other, yet there appears to be a strange( quantum) fellowship.

Appearance rends to evolve as well as most every or any 'thing' else.

Digs think more phenomena like, not relay cogitating on past experienced events, god takes care of that by befriending subordinately one to the other.

So what? You say.

What is that important non derivitive effect that such will anti-derive one from the other?

More in terms of deriving by conjugating downwards, as the rage with behaviorism has seemingly attained 'objective' status.

What?

Well think about the most deconjugated conceptual in between state of cellular and microbiological entity: the most primitive organizational, pre-organism(a vius) where sheer numbers of them, seeking the objectively formed higher consciousness, may be defeated.

The projected spiritually advance of a singular entity, may be overcome by swarms of materially bonded pre-organisms.

Maybe the friendship of the DOG whose barn may traverse both realms, may finally absolve that increasing doubt, that the margin of error ascribed to GOD. may not recur indefatigable repeated sacrafices to prove a indeterminate point within the vast confines of the COSMOS
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby obsrvr524 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:17 pm

WendyDarling wrote:
obsrvr524 wrote:

For the most part, I am.

MIJOT til you drop - :D
              You have been observed.

obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:23 pm

MagsJ wrote:
obsrvr524 wrote:

Some here seem content, others.. somewhat content.

Once the pulley of contentment starts tugging you uphill,

And equally important, is exhibiting a sense of humour.. as an indicator of happy contentment.

If the world can’t be so, then at least our nearest and dearest and peers can be so, along with us.. as it’s lonely at the top. :lol:

MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:24 pm

in that manner of understanding, even the 'knowledge' as limited as they afe, could be improved upon and get the message of the pperils of devolution, since ultimately thief host will be lost to them.

And reversely, I do understand that, and how it's possible to denote them as well to their primal, logical basis.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby obsrvr524 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:58 pm

MagsJ wrote:Once the pulley of contentment starts tugging you uphill,

I think contentment is only the beginning - the temptation to start looking and planning for it sneaks in (I guess that is where that chart would come it). :D
MagsJ wrote:And equally important, is exhibiting a sense of humour.. as an indicator of happy contentment.

If the world can’t be so, then at least our nearest and dearest and peers can be so, along with us.. as it’s lonely at the top. :lol:

I have noticed something -

When I get to talk about contentious issues with friends - I noticed that sometimes they look at me as if to be thinking - "maybe I should be doing what that bloke is doing instead of bitching" - :lol:

It best starts at home (why waste time waiting on the world). :P
              You have been observed.

obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:18 am

"Only the united beat of sex and heart together can create ecstasy.

I am only responsible for my own heart, you offered yours up for the smashing my darling. Only a fool would give out such a vital organ". Anaïs Nin

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:24 am

A Shieldmaiden wrote:"Only the united beat of sex and heart together can create ecstasy.

I am only responsible for my own heart, you offered yours up for the smashing my darling. Only a fool would give out such a vital organ". Anaïs Nin

“Who is more the fool? The fool or the fool who follows the fool?” Obi Wan Kenobi(I believe. I’ve been dying to use that quote even if it’s not exactly apropos.)

I’m not convinced that there is a negative for my positive, where we balance one another.
WendyDarling
Heroine

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology and Mind