Love doesn't happen by chance or does it?

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Re: Love doesn't happen by chance or does it?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:07 am

That horny huh? I feel ya. My gf was supposed to be shipped in from overseas last year, but Covid scamdemic kind of ruined that... maybe next year.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Lorikeet » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:10 pm

"Chance"
We of the foreskin tribe don't believe in chance.
It's all been determined by a higher force, a superior will.
Fate.

The infidels believe love is how nature overcame the already evolved fight/flight mechanism, making heterosexual reproduction and then motherhood and then social behaviours possible.
An intoxication that leads to bonding, making the sacrifices and the risks and the costs more easily tolerable.
Love was romanticized, defined out of existence, projected in the beyond space/time, mystified, made divine, so as to make it universal, permitting the emergence of multi-racial, multi-ethnic, populations to become stable.
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods

-Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lays of Ancient Rome
Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:15 pm

So ...it's not magic?! Fuck...
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Lorikeet » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:18 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:So ...it's not magic?! Fuck...

It can be experienced as magical...

Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:30 pm

I know, I know ...but does Shieldmaiden know?? :shock: :arrow:
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Lorikeet » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:11 pm

She worships love as divine...as god.

I, a devil...evil. "Dangerous".
To who?
I've never harmed a soul.
Dangerous to her ideology.....her beliefs...her lifelong convictions which she thought were certain, and final.

What is the opposite of love in a pea brain's worldview?
Hate.
Binaries.
Good...her and her love clan....and evil, me who demystifies terms like morality, and love and free-will.

Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby Lorikeet » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:18 pm

Love can be just as destructives as hate.
Hate can be just as constructive as love.

Both are automated mechanisms reacting to stimuli - evolved to make reactions more efficient and therefore more effective.

Both find their source in fear....anxiety.
Mother of all emotions.

Hate pushes away what is feared, what causes anxiety.
Love numbs fear, intoxicates the mind so as to pull towards it what was feared, the source of anxiety.
It evolved to deal with the anxiety of the physical intervention necessitated by copulation - and of proximity, tolerance of another being within your comfort zone.
Love made heterosexuality and cooperative groups possible....it also bonded mother to offspring so as to make her capable and willing to accept the risks and sacrifices entailed in gestating and weening.

Like all intoxications it feels good, producing mirth, comfort, relaxation etc.
Like all intoxications it may produce a hang-over when sobriety returns.

The bonding with one's own blood never ends because you see yourself in the other. The other is an extension of yourself.

Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby Lorikeet » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:16 pm

Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:25 pm

Lorikeet wrote:

Great song.

Learning to love unconditionally, be vulnerable, is difficult with the mother of all emotions lying in wait below the surface.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby MagsJ » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:12 am

_
"They do not love that do not show their love" - from, The Two Gentlemen of Verona. Shakespeare
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Lorikeet » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:56 am

Come...join me on the Love Boat, on a voyage across the desert seas to nowhere, with nobody...
Dream those romantic dreams and be swept away by the sand storm breezes...

Next stop....

I'm the mental midget...your host.

Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby Sculptor » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:01 pm

Nothing happens by chance.
Each event is a coalescence of causality.
You meet a person whom you like, who likes you. You are at the right moment in your life, so are they. Hormones flush the system, pheromones connect you, body language says the right thing at the right time.
You get to know each other because of the attaction and as long as there is nothing to put you off, as there is so many times- things not always being perfectly right, then you declare you love.
Often love is one sided, half cooked, or absent. Sometimes its just physical others it can be mental but not physical.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Sculptor » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:04 pm

Lorikeet wrote:

I met Alison. She was trying out clay portraiture for the first time. Her effort was not bad for a beginner, but I don't think she would make a great sculptor.
I found her personable and friendly. I was only the only one in the groups of that age to remember her fame.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Lorikeet » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:49 pm

Sculptor wrote:Nothing happens by chance.
Each event is a coalescence of causality.

"coalescence of causality"...I like it.
Causality is consequence - product of order and chaos.
Therefore the coalescence of patterned and non-patterned energies.
The end product....the effect can only be experienced as pattern since organisms are unities of patterned energies, feeding no patterns, perceiving only patterns...only order.

What precedes the effect - causality - is unpredictable...a product of willful choices - intentions - in a will-less environment - unintentional - affected by chaotic factors - unpredictable.

When it manifests it is, as if, it were meant to be.
If it doesn't, then you can never know.
After-the-fact it all seems inevitable, as if it were part of some divine plan.

Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby Lorikeet » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:54 pm

Individuals consciously and mostly unconsciously adjust the odds - probabilities - of the desired happening.
Sometimes the desired is not conscious - it may even be denied....but subconsciously it is at work.

Imagine all the data you subconsciously perceive but do not process consciously - infinitesimal information the brain still processes.
Imagine, now, the small little choices you make daily...insignificant stuff, details...unnoticed....yet each directing you, guiding, willing....towards an objective it may not even approved of.
Each adding to the probability.
The factor of mind/body dissonance has to be explored. Body behaving, evaluating, choosing in ways the mind - infected by an ideology - may disapprove of, may deny.

Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby Parodites » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:47 am

Motor Daddy wrote:
Urwrongx1000 wrote:Love is what make's Man's soul immortal; Love lives beyond life.

The tragedy of life is that many, or most of humanity, will die without having ever experiencing it. For you to gloss over this, is quite heartless.

You should have your condition evaluated by a professional.

For you to live in a fantasy world of believing that your love lasts beyond death is a type of mental illness.

Ah, a nihilist, believing that "nothing", which is death, could be something. There is no hole in consciousness, as there is no hole in your visual field to mark the limit of how far you can see. Death simply does not exist. Not as anything more than a noise you make with your face-hole, anyway. It is not just love that lasts beyond death,- but everything, though love is special in marking the shape of our lives. You quantum tunnel back to the moment of your birth when you die, gradually tracing a path through the possibility-tree constructed from the level of binary-urs until the original, stochastic-seed at the root has been totally exhausted: quantum immortality, I wrote posts about it here in the past. Recurrence, and not the Nietzschean kind- not a mere moral test, I mean actual recurrence. Hell, you don't even need to jump into tensor math and ur-alternatives and information-theoretic physics,-- just the mere fact that the "real", ontologically primary reality is not confined to our 4-dimensional spacetime manifold and the 3-dimensional, low-fidelity Platonic cave, the world of shadows where we live and die and Time moves in a straight line toward entropic maxima, is enough to rebuke your little diatribe against the immortality of the soul. Learn to think at the height of a 10-dimensional hyperspace! How sad is it to live in a world of 3-dimensions, a mortal world, a world of empty shadows, such a fallen state in comparison to, well, this world accessible to the Philosopher, the world of the Forms, the Platonic heaven, the eroto-cosmic anabasis, the rapture of the Klagean Images! A world of music; eternal music; the music of the spheres, as the ancients preferred to name it. No philosopher treats death as anything more than a failure of genius, a misstep of reason; the sign of the uninitiated, of those not yet borne up in the mysteries of Eleusis. It's a noise made by a monkey and you think it powerful enough to destroy the universe? That, my friend, is, I have found, one of the funniest ideas commonly accepted by people. But to the thread's subject:

Love marks the life you refused or were unable to live,- (and thus, the life that you were able to, strong enough for, and did live, as well) the life that, in a word, gathers inside you, inside that closed circle of time- a weight you bring back with you to the beginning, and carry, forever, as your soul's debt, the thing that imprisons you on the Tantalus breaking-wheel of Samsara.

I invite you to think beyond your nihilistic abnegation. From one of my books: (This particular essay, cursorily, having originated from a sequence of letters between me and the one woman I loved, and will ever love. My great philosopher-sister, the only star that redoubled my own's light; my only echo in the firmament, if one believes, with Plato, that each living soul was descended from its own star's radiance.)

Parodites, in Limen and Liminal wrote:" We have invoked here many archetypes, but they all mean the same thing I suppose, at least
from the contradictory perspective,- a perspective we must never ignore, for it is not altogether
untrue. My favorite of these archetypes is from Genesis. An angel is said to block the way back
to the Garden, sent by God to stop Adam and Eve from re-entering paradise. It was said to have a
sword made of fire, that spun around, floating on its head like an infernal halo,- perhaps even in
such little details, the ancients intuited still deeper knowledge,- knowledge of this empty center
and what Lacan calls the metonymy,- the endless circulation of desire around a missing object.
The same absence that the mystics, exalted in their meditative askesis, associate with their God:
a "crucifixion of Nature within ourselves", like that demanded by Fenelon; the self-mortification
of the saints; all of this, evincing the same ontological black-hole, lost object, or 'absence'. Even
metaphysics tells us the same story. The story about Samsara, the Wheel of Time, the
Recurrence; the circle of desire, the emptiness of whose center is our natural punishment,- a
karmic debt to which every soul is returned at the end of its existence until it finally recognizes
and understands it, and detaches itself therefrom,- from the cycle of birth and death and rebirth,-
finally recycled out of the process of reincarnation to go melt into nirvana and forget its
individuality. That's gnosis; sacred knowledge; to understand it, to pierce the veil of Time and
Matter, to be set free by what the Areopagite called, in his theological tracts, the
pneuma-spermatikos,- to become a bearer of light, the exalted mind, the 'mens heroica' of
Bruno's texts. Death won't set you free, quite the opposite; Death just draws a border around
you,- it marks off the shape of your life from mine and his shape from everyone else's, and hers
from hers,-- it just distinguishes you from me, everyone from everyone. But then I recall Goethe,
who sung the opposite... The angels were explaining themselves, in Faust. They said, "Inherent
in us there still remains, the smallest fragment of earthly nature, so painful to endure. Our being,
even if it were purified by Death, or formed from supple alba, or drew into itself with the mind's
invincible force the ultimate elements- no angel may, or ever could, dissever them, the
intermeshed, or differentiate the incomprehensible dyad of self and self, god and man, supernal
and earthly, light and dark. It were beyond us to draw the border of things, and only Eternal Love
has the Power to truly separate, to distinguish things..." So it is Love after all, that draws the
border around your life, and not Death ... Eternal Love,- and only at that border can we find our
shape, beneath our human mask, and actually know who we are. That is why they always painted
the angels on billowing clouds, the symbol of the ethereal substance of pre-creation; smoke, God
moving on the face of the waters,- God moving through the spaces between the worlds. The
angels, wreathed with this flowing, smoke-like energy, still phase in and out of existence, melt
into one another, are from the highest vantage still indistinguishable,- not yet stable, not yet
'separated',- a quantum informational state not yet made readable by the collapsing wave-form.
This mystery,- the mystery of separation and individuality, of the true face of man and the human
mask, is the one about which I have been speaking.

As much as the seas were given, like the soul, the abyss,- and that to hold the image of things
[Patrignanius, in the Anacreonte Cristiano: Diede al mare un vasto seno di ricchezze anch ei
ripieno. Diede all Uomo alma immortale, forza, e ingegno all opra uguale. Queste sparse doti
Iddio tutte accolse, e in una unio: poi le infuse in creatura la piu bella
.] in cupidinesque
supervolantes sortum
,- [Venus in concha Delphino ut videtur imposita natans, cupidinesque
supervolantes sortum ei imponunt.
Plunging deeper into the sea of passion, drives the beautiful
pearl further away; the fate of our desires is beyond desire. α From the poetry of Anton.
Tibaldaeus, recovered out of Daphneus Arcuarius Dulodorus in: Meleagrides et Aetolia ex
Numismate Kyrieon apud Goltzium; Interspersis Marmoribus quibusdam, de Meleagri Interitu &
Apri Calydonii Venatione in Lucem Vindicatae.] so man has his memories,- (the poet’s
iuvenibus retia tendentem’) [Gratian Leosthenus Salicetes, in: Elixir Iesuiticum; Apothegmata
ad Ventillandum Proximis Diebus Saturnalibus. Ignorantes incantantes, laborantes
supplantantes. Foeminis nugas vendentes, iuvenibus retia tendentes
.] tempo inclina immortal e
doloroso desiri in sé ripresi inganno tutto mondo
,- 1 [Fallamonicus Gentilis, in the Canti.] though
he bears them with the ‘fetters of the soul’ in animam coelum evolandum ex ditis compedibus
implice
... [Danielis Tossanus, de Senectute Tractatus Christianus et Consolatorius; P. 91. The
fetters of the soul: Animam, quae ad feliciter ex hac vita in coelum evolandum se comparare
debebat, ditis compedibus implicet.
]
Qui non intelligit, aut taceat, aut discat.

BTHYS TOU ANAHAT KHYA-PANDEMAI.
-- Hermaedion, in: the Liber Endumiaskia.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,
in formis perisseia mutilata in omnia perisarkos mutilatum;
omniformis protosseia immutilatum in protosarkos immutilata.

Measure the breaking of the Flesh in the flesh that is broken.
[ The Ecstasies of Zosimos, Tablet
the First.]
Parodites
Philosopher

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:28 am

The man that walks his own road, walks alone

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:20 am

Lorikeet(bird brain) wrote:

Your grandiose sense of self-worth has conveniently forgotten you and Lyssa's (the woman who can morph into a man) shameful and manipulative games with Eric.
It became so dangerous and destructive for Eric, solely because you both wanted some "entertainment". It was amusing to read Lyssa's pleadings, when both of you realised that it had gone too far.
"Please believe me Eric, I am not who I said I was".

Pathological liars the pair of you.

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Sculptor » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:28 am

A Shieldmaiden wrote:Lorikeet(bird brain) wrote:

Pathological liars the pair of you.

I am given to understand that the "soul" is immutable and therefore does not submit to harm.
But then when you invent nonsense you can say what you like about it.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby A Shieldmaiden » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:07 pm

Sculptor

I know your voice, but by a different name. :-k

Old Norse Proverb
A Shieldmaiden
Philosopher

Postby Lorikeet » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:14 pm

If defined properly soul is but a reference to mind/body synthesis.
There is no soul that survives death...sorry.
Bad news, I know. Unless you want to prove it.
Show us this soul....or do you simply feel it to be so?

Soul = memories.
Mind = experientially based memories
Body - genetic based, inherited memories.

How can these memories survive death....when they are written down....when they are passed on.
As memes.

No god necessary.

But you also offer another service with your idiocy.
you prove what I have been saying. I am banned when imbeciles attack me, insult me, and then when I reciprocate they go running for help to the admin.
Now, if I start tearing you a new-one....who will be the "bully"....you may even claim that I instigated it.

But, moron...I don't care.

Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:21 pm

Lorikeet wrote:Come...join me on the Love Boat, on a voyage across the desert seas to nowhere, with nobody...
Dream those romantic dreams and be swept away by the sand storm breezes...

Next stop....

I'm the mental midget...your host.

The Love boat and Fantasy Island.. two great 70s classics =D>
..love and death, always being both inextricably linked in the storyline.

I would say that Our energy is the soul..
that cannot be destroyed, but can be reused.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Lorikeet » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:05 pm

All is energy.
Energy is all.

So mind/body is matter (brain) and neural pulses (energy) - Synthesis.

Synthesis of two pools of memories.
DNA = genetic
Experiential/Learned = memetic

Nihilists prefer the meme, and want to negate the gene, the physical, the body, because it limits the mind.
So they imagine minds without bodies, disembodiment - spirit - or minds with interchangeable bodies , cyborg, AI, mind converted to code - binary.

A reduction....body is based on 4-code system.....brain uses binary code - 1/0.

Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby obsrvr524 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:58 pm

MagsJ wrote:I would say that Our energy is the soul..

Soul is not physical. 8-[
              You have been observed.
    Though often tempted to encourage a dog to distinguish color I refuse to argue with him about it
    It's just the same Satanism as always -
    • separate the bottom from the top,
    • the left from the right,
    • the light from the dark, and
    • blame each for the sins of the other
    • - until they beg you to take charge.
    • -- but "you" have been observed --

The prospect of death weighs naught upon the purpose of life - James S Saint - 2009
obsrvr524
Philosopher

Postby Parodites » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:02 pm

Lorikeet wrote:All is energy.
Energy is all.

So mind/body is matter (brain) and neural pulses (energy) - Synthesis.

Synthesis of two pools of memories.
DNA = genetic
Experiential/Learned = memetic

Nihilists prefer the meme, and want to negate the gene, the physical, the body, because it limits the mind.
So they imagine minds without bodies, disembodiment - spirit - or minds with interchangeable bodies , cyborg, AI, mind converted to code - binary.

A reduction....body is based on 4-code system.....brain uses binary code - 1/0.

I get that my posts might fly a bit beyond your head, but I did pretty simply indicate in the post I made a few hours ago here, in its first paragraph, that energy, in fact, is not all. Well, it is here in our 3-dimensional world of shadows, where time moves in a straight line toward entropic maxima. But then our 3-dimensional world is a pale approximation of a 4-dimensional superposition of matter across all time, which is itself a pale approximation of an 11-dimensional hyperspace beyond time entirely, whose quantum description is a matter of information-theoretic physics, not simple Newtonian mechanics and relativity/ "energy" physics. I'm not negating the body to reach the hypostasis of Nous, I'm negating your limited conceptualization of what the body is. (And what the mind is.)
Qui non intelligit, aut taceat, aut discat.

BTHYS TOU ANAHAT KHYA-PANDEMAI.
-- Hermaedion, in: the Liber Endumiaskia.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,
in formis perisseia mutilata in omnia perisarkos mutilatum;
omniformis protosseia immutilatum in protosarkos immutilata.

Measure the breaking of the Flesh in the flesh that is broken.
[ The Ecstasies of Zosimos, Tablet
the First.]
Parodites
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Psychology and Mind