Is Time an Illusion? - Entropy & Time’s Arrow

The origins of the imperative, "know thyself", are lost in the sands of time, but the age-old examination of human consciousness continues here.

Is Time an Illusion? - Entropy & Time’s Arrow

Postby williamb6 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:45 am

Hi all, I made a video about the passing of time and whether what we perceive as the passing of time is actually a consequence of a much deeper principle, namely the entropy of systems. This first video explores the nature of entropy and the next will cover the “Boltzmann’s Brain” argument and the skeptical crisis that there is no direction to time at all. Hope you enjoy and find it interesting!
https://youtu.be/w5D-AiUhHCI
williamb6

Re: Is Time an Illusion? - Entropy & Time’s Arrow

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:07 pm

williamb6 wrote:Hi all, I made a video about the passing of time and whether what we perceive as the passing of time is actually a consequence of a much deeper principle, namely the entropy of systems. This first video explores the nature of entropy and the next will cover the “Boltzmann’s Brain” argument and the skeptical crisis that there is no direction to time at all. Hope you enjoy and find it interesting!
https://youtu.be/w5D-AiUhHCI

That’s a logical contradiction. If everything always moves, the capacity to reconstruct exactly in box 5 has infinite improbably of rearranging.

Not 1. Like you stated. Vs. 84 billion for the other.

The odds are opposite.

Your video doesn’t work.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Re: Is Time an Illusion? - Entropy & Time’s Arrow

Postby Meno_ » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:14 pm

The billions to one probability question is insurmountable as probabilities stretch out to infinity, because, the nearer time approaches infinity, the more unmrasurable it becomes, relatively speaking. By the time nearness to certain probability is approached, one trillion years could be measured as one second of eart time.

( my thoughts-be as they may)

And infinity may have no meaning , so as to:
relate, (( relatively speaking)
Meno_
The Invisible One

Return to Psychology and Mind