What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:41 am

for real?
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:38 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:for real?

That is not a rational argument.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

The thoughts/actions in your head should be both eternal and external. If they can’t be both, boot them. Not everyone is willing to part with the internal/external that is not in line with the eternal. That is why we don’t have heaven on earth.

Science: https://youtu.be/90sWAKwZHHE

Wisdom after forgetting, and rediscovering the written record of the forgotten: The only one you’re allowed to plagiarize is the self you no longer are.

Isn’t it “funny” how the religious rulers of Jesus‘ day wanted him crucified, and the secular rulers of our day want to turn him into a mere (at most) philosopher?
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:39 am

no i'm asking like are you alluding to a cabal of high ranking global pedophiles and attributing degeneracy in society to their influence? like is that serious? don't get mad at me i'm just asking like are you being serious about that.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Meno_ » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:51 am

Going to get some eyes shut I'm worn out from the triple digit temp coming back can't even think straight any more..
Hope some relief in sight guess like they say think cool.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:57 am

62 and moony here in bham. loving it.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:06 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:no i'm asking like are you alluding to a cabal of high ranking global pedophiles and attributing degeneracy in society to their influence? like is that serious? don't get mad at me i'm just asking like are you being serious about that.

Epstein didn’t kill himself.

The thoughts/actions in your head should be both eternal and external. If they can’t be both, boot them. Not everyone is willing to part with the internal/external that is not in line with the eternal. That is why we don’t have heaven on earth.

Wisdom after forgetting, and rediscovering the written record of the forgotten: The only one you’re allowed to plagiarize is the self you no longer are.

Isn’t it “funny” how the religious rulers of Jesus‘ day wanted him crucified, and the secular rulers of our day want to turn him into a mere (at most) philosopher?
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:58 am

word
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:28 pm

b-b-b-bird

…manifest

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:10 am

_
..being someone’s Guardian Angel.. someone in need.. an acquaintance since young.. younger, than I.

So far, so good.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:18 pm

If Mr. Reasonable could check in that’d be great, assuming he was in Florida for this.
https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ge-florida

(sent PM few days ago, stuck in outbox. don’t know how this thing works)

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:20 am

i can't reply to your dm because it says you've got incoming ones blocked or something. this is what i typed before i realized that...

i'm in bham. we got some rain but nothing major. the worst hit place was ft myers on the gulf, (west) coast of florida. a friend of mine in st augustine got stuck in her condo for a day or two because the surge made it all the way across the state and the seawall there got breached and there was a lot of flooding but she's fine. i think it's pretty bad down there near tampa/ft myers. probably worse than you'll see on tv unless you're looking for clips of floods etc. after katrina they learned not to make such a spectacle out of the destruction, but if you go and find some clips from ft myers i mean...basically the whole place is wiped out. pretty serious.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:36 am

Thanks for the update. Glad your friend is okay. The article I linked didn’t have a lot of pictures, but still constructed a detailed picture of the devastation. It’s hard to know whether the media is exaggerating/hyping or downplaying anymore (or the reasons behind various slants), so I don’t normally watch the news.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:28 am

one thing you can do it go to your twitter account and just search "ian" and then click "video" and you can see cell phone video from local crazy people who were out there filming that shit. there's plenty of it and that's a great way to bypass the "news" and see what's really happening when shit is hitting the fan in random places
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:31 am

ft myers is pretty much fucked. then there's typical hurricane type damage to some surrounding areas. then there is a shit ton of flooding in all kinds of places across the state all the way to the east coast of fl. i mean the brunt of it hit ft myers and the seawall was breached in st augustine ffs that's a shit load of water moving a long way in a relatively short period of time. i know kissimmee was flooded pretty bad and that's just about dead center. most stuff in south florida, (like below boca raton) is relatively unaffected.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:51 am

I do fb unless I click on a link that makes me have to open Twitter or Instagram. There were some reels in my newsfeed - one had a guy play-fighting against the wind almost dropped on his butt by a whole tree or a huge branch. I follow a Facebook news page local to my youngest kids & grandkid due to hurricanes. I should follow the one by my oldest youngns, too, though they get hurricanes less often. They’ve had tornados from one of ‘em.

Have a good night.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:33 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:62 and moony here in bham. loving it.

I’m in Birmingham too, MrR.. Birmingham, England.

Such a vibrant city, if a little small- with an area of only 80 square miles, compared to London's 671.0.. though they have everything that London has and probably more, besides.

Stunning, when old and new architecture collides.

87978D2A-532A-4727-9FD9-6CC61E7D0B5A.jpeg
87978D2A-532A-4727-9FD9-6CC61E7D0B5A.jpeg (135.97 KiB) Viewed 91 times

C6BE727E-7653-4DE3-96F5-14298C5695D4.jpeg
C6BE727E-7653-4DE3-96F5-14298C5695D4.jpeg (155.1 KiB) Viewed 91 times
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:28 am

this is the real birmingham. i don't know why england would try and steal the name from us
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (17.77 KiB) Viewed 87 times
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:04 am

I just found out Greenbow doesn’t exist and am questioning everything about Forrest Gump now.
https://youtu.be/-F6Tq2nTuMc

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:11 am

everything else in the movie was 100 percent accurate
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:13 am

also it technically does exist but only as a fictitious place. fictitious things are things and things all exist just in different ways. so like it exists as a fictitious place so you can think about it but you can't go to it. if it existed as a not fictitious place then you could both think about it and go to it. serious question...does something have to occupy a location in space and time to properly "exist" in your view?
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:43 am

You tell me. Is this a place?

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:52 am

it's a fictitious place
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:00 am

It’s as real as any convo offline. Whether or not it’s a place.

Unless you lyin’.

‘Course that does not mean offline folk be truthin’.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:05 am

everything is real
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:38 am

So what’s the coordinates of this place?

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat