Absolute Randomness

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: Absolute Randomness

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:37 am

promethean75 wrote:Oh I forgot. The communists own the media and the internet where it's published. My bad.

Your bad is you let them distract you from Trump’s claim about saving middle-classers money, where no one can hide published IRS evidence.

You libbers always fall for the bait-n-switch. The beef: did Trump save middle class taxpayers money? Don’t let that ladies claim about who wrote the report distract you from did Trump save taxpayers money? If he didn’t save taxpayers money that broad would have included that tidbit in friggin capitalized letters as another Trump lie.
Last edited by WendyDarling on Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby promethean75 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:40 am

I dunno bro did you even read the article I linked to? Normally fake reports aren't so precise and itemized.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:43 am

But fuck Trump anyway, cutting taxes or not. The disparity and disproportion between the costs of living and the percentage of money saved via tax cuts is imperceptibly small and insignificant.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:43 am

promethean75 wrote:I dunno bro did you even read the article I linked to? Normally fake reports aren't so precise and itemized.

Girl, I never click on your links because your links are usually BS.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:47 am

promethean75 wrote:But fuck Trump anyway, cutting taxes or not. The disparity and disproportion between the costs of living and the percentage of money saved via tax cuts is imperceptibly small and insignificant.

“But fuck”? That’s what Biden is doing to everybody.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby promethean75 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:50 am

Wendy, darling, we marxists despise Biden only slightly less than trumpf... only because Biden throws us a few more crumbs.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:05 am

promethean75 wrote:Wendy, darling, we marxists despise Biden only slightly less than trumpf... only because Biden throws us a few more crumbs.

Thanks for reminding me to post more developments in my becoming communist thread.
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Chakra Superstar » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:52 am

I just found out my neighbours are about to have their first baby -- a home birth, if that makes any difference.
What's something simple I can do to congratulate them and welcome the new bub into the world? :-k
Chakra Superstar
Philosopher

Postby Chakra Superstar » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:55 am

Just been cruising ILP and wow!!! So much drama... so much bile... so much hate...
So, I took up position in my favourite chair, got some snacks and kept going....

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EachVillainou ... mobile.mp4

Chakra Superstar
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:02 pm

Chakra Superstar wrote:Just been cruising ILP and wow!!! So much drama... so much bile... so much hate...
So, I took up position in my favourite chair, got some snacks and kept going....

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EachVillainou ... mobile.mp4

:laughing-jumpingpurple:

Here’s a new one, for ya.. to call everyone a psychopath or insane,
when they’re the ones who actually are. Madness.. literally. :shock:

There’s not so much debating, as gossiping going on, these last few days.
Last edited by MagsJ on Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby MagsJ » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:04 pm

Chakra Superstar wrote:I just found out my neighbours are about to have their first baby -- a home birth, if that makes any difference.
What's something simple I can do to congratulate them and welcome the new bub into the world? :-k

..a packet of nappies ..thoughtful and practical.

..or a cot mobile, or talking toy ..babies love those kinda things.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby Chakra Superstar » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:44 pm

Yeah, I like the cot mobile or talking toy idea. They don’t lack for anything financially so something for the bub is a good idea. Thanks
Chakra Superstar
Philosopher

Postby Chakra Superstar » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:48 pm

MagsJ wrote:There’s not so much debating, as gossiping going on, these last few days.

Yeah, more than gossiping, too.

What if we are here to learn to get past all of that? What if places like this are where all our enemies gather to push us to the limits? What if we got so tired, so bored of the constant hating and fighting we just let others think they 'won' and moved on?

People who say and do nasty things are hurting; they're suffering. Their pain causes them to lash out. People who are not in pain simply don't have the desire to hurt others. Perhaps if we saw it like that, we'd be more inclined to let them go and, if not feel pity for them, at least move on.

Somewhere down the track we (all of us) will have to decide if we want to be right, or we want peace (as the old saying goes). Somewhere down the track we (all of us) will have to decide if we want to be a master of our own happy, peaceful state of mind or a slave to the manipulations of others. If philosophy means love of wisdom, then surely mastering one's own state of mind is at its essence?

Chakra Superstar
Philosopher

Postby Chakra Superstar » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:05 am

Just reading AWS’s terms and conditions and came across this... first a bit of jargon:
1. “AWS” stands for Amazon Web Services. AWS is a private network of computers/servers called a ‘cloud’ and is the biggest cloud provider in the world.
2. “Lumberyard Materials” is the term Amazon uses to denote the software engine, integrated development environment, assets and tools developers use to build and host apps on the AWS platform.

AWS's Terms and Conditions read like most cloud providers' terms until you get down to point 42:10. This is a direct quote:

“42.10. Acceptable Use; Safety-Critical Systems. Your use of the Lumberyard Materials must comply with the AWS Acceptable Use Policy. The Lumberyard Materials are not intended for use with life-critical or safety-critical systems, such as use in operation of medical equipment, automated transportation systems, autonomous vehicles, aircraft or air traffic control, nuclear facilities, manned spacecraft, or military use in connection with live combat. However, this restriction will not apply in the event of the occurrence (certified by the United States Centers for Disease Control or successor body) of a widespread viral infection transmitted via bites or contact with bodily fluids that causes human corpses to reanimate and seek to consume living human flesh, blood, brain or nerve tissue and is likely to result in the fall of organized civilization.”

OK, got that? If there’s a widespread viral infection that causes humans to reanimate and attempt to consume living humans and if this behaviour threatens to end civilization, then the restrictions banning safety-critical and life-critical systems from their platform will be lifted. Sounds fair enough to me 8-[ so I just ticked the box and moved on.

Here's AWS's service terms agreement. Go to 42.10 to check it out.
https://aws.amazon.com/service-terms/

Chakra Superstar
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:28 pm

_
How very very strange.. does Amazon know something that we don't know :-k

MagsJ

Postby Chakra Superstar » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:41 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
How very very strange.. does Amazon know something that we don't know :-k

Strange, alright. It’s obviously a joke someone slipped in but a very, very strange joke.

If it didn’t mention flesh eating zombies, one could take it a little more seriously but then again, the world is full of brain-dead zombies who parrot CNN/MSNBC/FOX talking points without thinking for themselves so we’re only missing the flesh-eating part.

Having said that, we rely on a very fragile electronic network to keep everything operating. If that goes down then we are days away from starving and, you guessed it, eating each other, so there might be more to the 'joke' than what we are seeing. 8-[ :puke-huge:

A little aside:
We have to keep in mind that the CIA invested $600 million into Amazon (AWS) in the early days which was more than Amazon was worth at that time. It's also worth noting that Bezos sits on at least one military board and more than likely, many other strategic 'deep state' / MIC boards. Bezos was on the verge of winning the whole of government contract before Trump awarded it to Microsoft. Bezos is fighting in the courts to get the contract annulled and given to him. If he wins, he would essentially run the entire U.S. government infrastructure.

The world is rapidly goosestepping into Technocracy -- a future run by technocrats, corporations and their algorithms. There won't be a need for left and right parties or messy democracies in the near future; the almighty algorithms will make the choices for us based on '$cience'. The corporations and their algorithms will control everything we do, have, and know, and Bezos is desperate to be at the centre.

Chakra Superstar
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:46 pm

Chakra Superstar wrote:A little aside:
We have to keep in mind that the CIA invested $600 million into Amazon (AWS) in the early days which was more than Amazon was worth at that time. It's also worth noting that Bezos sits on at least one military board and more than likely, many other strategic 'deep state' / MIC boards. Bezos was on the verge of winning the whole of government contract before Trump awarded it to Microsoft. Bezos is fighting in the courts to get the contract annulled and given to him. If he wins, he would essentially run the entire U.S. government infrastructure.

I’ve been wondering how Amazon.. and Bezos, came to be as they are, and now I see.

The world is rapidly goosestepping into Technocracy -- a future run by technocrats, corporations and their algorithms. There won't be any need for messy democracies in the near future. The almighty algorithms will make the choices for us based on 'science'. The corporations and their algorithms will control everything we do, have and know and Bezos is desperate to be at the centre.

Is it simply modernising and consolidating the world.. or something more sinister?

I’m going with the latter, but I know it will be the former for some.. for various reasons, that may unable them to thrive or get by.

Next.. the war of morality v immorality, in what is humanely acceptable to endure.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:10 am

_
..using Google Maps on Brick Lane/Bethnal Green Road way, is an impossibility, due to poor connectivity due to street/area density. Nightmare!

My pal is moving to either Brick Lane or Jersey.. either way, I’m happy, as I love both them places.. the first being 'a vibe', and the second meaning I’d have to take a ferry or hovercraft over there, which suits my want to seafare.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:16 pm

_
Why is everybody using Will Smith’s song as
background.. :lol:

Lol

D583D28C-434A-4614-BE13-90353E55B872.jpeg
D583D28C-434A-4614-BE13-90353E55B872.jpeg (36.23 KiB) Viewed 192 times

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:21 pm

__
03C92645-A523-4A92-A5FC-3524BED86BDE.jpeg
03C92645-A523-4A92-A5FC-3524BED86BDE.jpeg (126.27 KiB) Viewed 191 times

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:37 pm

_
Out-of-this-world sparkler! Black diamond weighing 555.55 carats that scientists believe was formed in SPACE and came to Earth on an asteroid goes up for auction - and could be worth $7m

- Sotheby's Dubai said it is the largest faceted Fancy Black Diamond known to ever appear at auction
- It was listed as the largest cut diamond in the world in the 2006 Guinness Book of World Records
- Called 'The Enigma,' it is a type of diamond also known as a carbonado diamond; ones like this have only been found in Brazil and the Central African Republic
- Most carbonados are about 2.6 to 3.2 billion years old, and scientists theorize this kind may have come to Earth from space
- This type of carbonado 'is the toughest in existence, making them nearly impossible to cut and polish'
- Its shape is inspired by the Middle Eastern palm symbol, the Hamsa and it was thought to weigh 800 carats in its raw form
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... ction.html

9DF48DAA-88E4-4147-87B8-8A3D99C04399.jpeg
9DF48DAA-88E4-4147-87B8-8A3D99C04399.jpeg (138.37 KiB) Viewed 182 times

MagsJ

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat