What are you doing?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What are you doing?

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:24 pm

_
Observed metal barriers being erected around the local tube station,
this morning.. an imminent match at Arsenal Emirates, obvs..

T’was a lovely stroll.. summer cheer abounding.. food and drink for
imminent Saturday-festivities, being bought for later.. locals getting
their flirt-on.. ; ) ; ) subliminally divine.

D07E8361-4886-4E73-B69B-5D07DCC0F4C0.jpeg
D07E8361-4886-4E73-B69B-5D07DCC0F4C0.jpeg (62.43 KiB) Viewed 222 times

:lol:

..spent the last two days attempting to unblock the kitchen sink.. but to no avail, so gave up and tidied up some more and watched TV till tiredness overtook me.

The current state of affairs today! :|

F5DCB2E8-4FCC-42D5-86B9-6D40C2CC18F2.jpeg
F5DCB2E8-4FCC-42D5-86B9-6D40C2CC18F2.jpeg (158.14 KiB) Viewed 218 times

75AA46F9-03D6-4E92-A2E5-CD4B427BF745.jpeg
75AA46F9-03D6-4E92-A2E5-CD4B427BF745.jpeg (156.43 KiB) Viewed 218 times
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby mannequin01 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:15 pm

Maggy why does your place look like a crack den?
mannequin01

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:38 pm

_
Lololol.. I’ve never been in one, so I wouldn’t know.. all I know is that my living room is v untidy, because I dumped all the clutter in it.. it’s mainly for the ‘recycling’ or ‘rubbish’, so is impermanent/transient/temporary, ergo.. it’ll all be gone by tomorrow. Looks way worse than it actually is, it’s minor..

Next time your fam wanna go beach, take them to the nearest Marina instead.. more to do and see, less just sun and sea, aha!
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:58 am

magsj 2 things. 1) clean up your room. 2) you'd love ft lauderdale. someone said to me once that there was a higher concentration of yachts there than any other place in the world. not sure if that's still the case or if it ever was, but the whole city is basically one big marina and there are enough boats there for it to be in the conversation as to whether or not is has the most in the world. it's just north of miami and it's where all the cool people go who aren't trying to do the basic bitch south beach vacation.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby mannequin01 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:03 pm

Anyone know where i can find some golliwogs?
mannequin01

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:06 pm

ebay. everything is on ebay.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:35 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:magsj 2 things. 1) clean up your room. 2) you'd love ft lauderdale. someone said to me once that there was a higher concentration of yachts there than any other place in the world. not sure if that's still the case or if it ever was, but the whole city is basically one big marina and there are enough boats there for it to be in the conversation as to whether or not is has the most in the world. it's just north of miami and it's where all the cool people go who aren't trying to do the basic bitch south beach vacation.

@ 1) Lol.. I’m on it, I’m on it! I ain’t the Energiser Bunny, you know.. I gotta rest -in-between doing things- coz I’m more Loris, which is better than my prior sloth.

@ 2) ..as long as it’s got seafood-antipasti, cocktails, scenic walks, and DJs come night time, I’m there already.. though I’m not sure what “the basic bitch south beach vacation” is. :-s

MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:40 pm

south beach is where everyone goes who has heard that miami is the cool place to go. tourist central. ft lauderdale is where the better shit is. less flashy but more yachts.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby MagsJ » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:31 pm

_
..drinking nettle tea, a detox tea, and kombucha -but not all at the same time- from the comfort of my sleeping quarters.

..bored, so went up.

The tidying, will continue on.. tomorrow.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:49 am

_
Up with da dawn.. eggs and coffee time, soon. :-s

..then an early start, on the continuing tidying up of the living room.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:26 pm

_
..had the latest brunch, e’ver.

Fed the cat late too.. him, having been meowing outside my sleeping-quarters on the upstairs landing, since morning.

MagsJ

Postby mannequin01 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:39 am

I'm up early, working on a new animation, doing some story boarding and thumbnails, exploring negative space too.

No gym for a few days, allowing my body to heal. I need to find some new books to read, something sexual and gay, maybe an unruly lesbian in the city? Or maybe homoerotic vampirism.. We will see.

Life is good, cant complain. No stupid heatwave disturbing my inner peace.
mannequin01

Postby mannequin01 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:17 am

Damn i had massive psychotic episode for about 3 hrs.. Not good! Maybe i should take meds
mannequin01

Postby MagsJ » Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:30 am

_
Sounds scary.. does it make you zone out?

__
Edited to add: try and avoid processed foods and takeaways, as they usually contain msg.. and yes, it does mess with the mind.

“When MSG enters the brain, not only does it kill brain cells, it wreaks havoc on brain functions. Many people react within 48 hours of ingesting MSG, even in minute amounts, which can make it difficult to trace back to the food source that caused the reaction.”

“Beside its flavour enhancing effects, MSG has been associated with various forms of toxicity (Figure 1(Fig. 1)). MSG has been linked with obesity, metabolic disorders, Chinese Restaurant Syndrome, neurotoxic effects and detrimental effects on the reproductive organs.”

8 foods that commonly contain MSG.

• Fast food. One of the best-known sources of MSG is fast food, particularly Chinese food. ...
• Chips and snack foods. Many manufacturers use MSG to boost the savory flavor of chips. ...
• Seasoning blends. ...
• Frozen meals. ...
• Soups. ...
• Processed meats. ...
• Condiments. ...
• Instant noodle products.

MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:13 pm

mannequin01 wrote:Damn i had massive psychotic episode for about 3 hrs.. Not good! Maybe i should take meds

The meds they prescribe for that usually don’t start working immediately. If you’re already prescribed such meds & they worked before, definitely trust that *maybe*. But remind yourself of it & the episode whenever you consider lapsing on taking as prescribed. Talk to the prescribing doctor about why you feel like lapsing… maybe something can be adjusted?

So you’re an animator? Cool. Share with ILP? :-)
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:54 am

_
Watching Modern Day Debate.. mostly host interesting and entertaining discussions.

I think I’m physically over cheese-gate.. allergic symptoms, subsided. I deserve a workout, this week.

MagsJ

Postby origami » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:03 am

But do you ever feel like modern day debate is watching you?
There's no one thing that's true. It's all true.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:05 am

MagsJ wrote:_
75AA46F9-03D6-4E92-A2E5-CD4B427BF745.jpeg

Mags!

I don't know why, but I never figured you for a smoker.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:01 am

_
Lol.. websites definitely observe Google Analytics data, so yea.. they can observe who is logging on.

Is that the jpeg of me, in a green coat holding a smoke? I used to, on and off.. still do sometimes, but seldomly so.. amber leaf blond, a very light smoke.

MagsJ

Postby origami » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:24 am

https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p ... 1#p2882178

My observant eye observed a cigarette box and a classic 9 ball ash tray.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:37 am

I'm about to do something the health benefits of which might be questionable.

I'm in a constant state of being broke, or some might say poor, or I lived with a family for a time who said we aren't poor, we are humble, so maybe I'm humble, or maybe I should take a cue from our nazi sister site and call myself an ascetic, I'm a Greek ascetic. In any case, I smoke my cigars in stages, and after the final stage I cut up the butt and smoke it in my briar wood pipe. This time, though, I inadvertantly spilled some nestea on it. But because I am a Greek ascetic, I am really not in a position not to smoke it.

So here goes smoking Nestea.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:39 am

It tastes really nasty. Mon dieu.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:49 am

_
Oh, that jpeg.. that’s a hell’a untidiness, right there..

I purchased some tobacco at a music festival in 2018, and it came in that special-edition tin, accompanied by a stubbing-out pouch.. both, made specifically for The Secret Garden Party music fest, located somewhere in some Woods in the Cotswolds. It was an insane psychedelic neon/dayglo experience, with clues and instructions on how to get to each artist stage.

The 8 ball ashtray came from eBay, to replace a clear perspex retro table-lighter that stopped working.. I prefer the 8 ball.. still retro, but just more colourful. Some medics I had to call, insisted that that purple manicure set just above the 8 ball was a ‘female self-pleasuring device’ lol, and the more I insisted it wasn’t, the more they insisted it was.

MagsJ

Postby origami » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:53 am

I like it. Though contraptions that hide the ash always irked me. I just have a clear glass bowl.

MagsJ wrote:with clues and instructions on how to get to each artist stage.

Hahahahaha fucking hippies. Sounds fun.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:54 am

MagsJ wrote:Some medics I had to call, insisted that that purple manicure set just above the 8 ball was a ‘female self-pleasuring device’ lol, and the more I insisted it wasn’t, the more they insisted it was.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat