MagsJ appreciation thread

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: MagsJ appreciation thread

Postby MagsJ » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:50 pm

Meno_ wrote:If You need to share complicated lineages, or wouldn't mind, my third half comes from the original 'Magyar' which comes from Asian transcontinental migration from outer Mongolia, which still is a viable nation.

Your third half.. :-s lol ..cute, but shouldn’t that be your third third? :)

I wouldn’t say that it’s complicated at all.. I traced my dad’s lineage through his family name and my mother’s through locality.. the only complication is that my maternal genome is an admixture of Bengalese and Himalayan, the Himalayan being quite obscure in these Western parts and so causing me a world of gastrointestinal/neurological-grief from allergens.

A misconception arose that Dravidians (who are merely just the original Indian demographic.. as opposed to the non-Indic and Iranic migrants that settled across India over the millennia) were untouchable because they were inferior.. they were untouchable because they were protected by the King of Dravida, so to be left alone, and they still are a protected Peoples.. to this very day.

See how quick scum perpetuate a lie, until it finally appears as a fact!

So Asia covers a very large map either ways.

My Asian demographic is South Asian > Bengali X Himalayan.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Great Again » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:22 pm

What really covers a very large map is the group of Indo-Germanic (Indo-European) speaking humans.

L_F.jpg
L_F.jpg (73.79 KiB) Viewed 798 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fnz4J3NjTk&t=186s
Great Again

Postby Alf » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:07 am

@ Great Again.

I have found something to go with your post:
The cartographic changes in the world per year:

Alf

Postby MagsJ » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:16 pm

_
Music.. my school years. What we listened to, played on instruments, and danced to.

The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:45 am

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:49 am

_
On par with Chopin, imo..

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:05 am

_
Current mood.. :romance-cloud9:

From the comments section..
- The best summer song for 2021 #lit :angry-fire:
- The appropriate word to describe this is "BEAUTIFUL" #vibe :romance-heartbeating:
[I couldn’t agree more]

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:41 am

_
Proper relaxing, after a long last-weekend and a birthday celebratory dinner-and-drinks the other day..

I’ve finally come-alive from it all.. at 2 in the morning.. perhaps I should be posting in the Vampire or Wide Awake thread.

Lost In Music (1984 Sister Sledge Remix) ..slight early-morning party mode. : )

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:26 am

_
Ma vibe..

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:35 am

_
Not yet.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:01 am

_
A coupla songs.. from the most formative years of my life.. post puberty.. 14.. imprinted on my psyche, on a hovercraft, from Dover to Calais, for a week-long school expedition vacay.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:57 pm

_
The local god, and part of the Vanir (/ˈvɑːnɪər/;[1] Old Norse: [ˈwɑniʐ], singular Vanr [ˈwɑnʐ]) ..a group of gods associated with fertility, wisdom, and the ability to see the future, that my European ancestors worshipped.

The Vanir are one of two groups of gods (the other being the Æsir) and are the namesake of the location Vanaheimr (Old Norse "Home of the Vanir"). After the Æsir–Vanir War, the Vanir became a subgroup of the Æsir. Subsequently, members of the Vanir are sometimes also referred to as members of the Æsir.

_
Germania

In chapter 40 of his Germania, Roman historian Tacitus, discussing the Suebian tribes of Germania, writes that beside the populous Semnones and warlike Langobardi there are seven more remote Suebian tribes; the Reudigni, Aviones, Anglii, Varini, Eudoses, Suarines, and Nuitones. The seven tribes are surrounded by rivers and forests and, according to Tacitus, there is nothing particularly worthy of comment about them as individuals, yet they are particularly distinguished in that they all worship the goddess Nerthus, and provides an account of veneration of the goddess among the groups. The chapter reads as follows:

79B41230-C4E2-4E75-9A32-76918FE74B79.jpeg
79B41230-C4E2-4E75-9A32-76918FE74B79.jpeg (117.7 KiB) Viewed 443 times

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerthus
Last edited by MagsJ on Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:07 pm

_

MagsJ

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:38 pm

Wrong thread.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=176529
Then here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 5&t=185296
And here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=194382

"Sure, it works in practice, but does it work in theory?"

Danny Embling: "People wonder how Hitler managed to get so many followers...it's never surprised me."
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:36 pm

iambiguous wrote:Wrong thread.

Welcome, anyways..

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:02 am

MagsJ wrote:

Spring feels

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:55 am

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:12 pm

_
Current me.. currently cerebrally-somewhere in da Himalayas.

[disclaimer.. I don’t do sex and drugs, but I do do rock’n’roll..

MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:34 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
Current me.. currently cerebrally-somewhere in da Himalayas.

[disclaimer.. I don’t do sex and drugs, but I do do rock’n’roll..

Natural High - John Denver
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:35 am

_
Revisited.. winding down to, right now.

MagsJ wrote:Music.. my school years. What we listened to, played on instruments, and danced to.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:31 am

He can be my crump dance partner any day, or I could stand back and watch and admire his effortless style of my favourite dance style in existence.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:04 am

_
When you forget your swag, Asian edition.. :oops:

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:11 am

_
Stilling my mind, by listening to these..

MagsJ wrote:Revisited.. winding down to, right now.

MagsJ wrote:Music.. my school years. What we listened to, played on instruments, and danced to.

MagsJ

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat