What's for breakfast?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What's for breakfast?

Postby MagsJ » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:00 am

_
A boiled egg and a large mug of black tea, then my Organic veg/produce delivery box came and I made my first cup of ‘tea with milk’ in over a decade, with the carton of Organic milk that I had ordered.

First try wasn’t a charm.. my tea came out too weak and milky, so I’mma gonna make another (smaller) cup of tea and let it brew for longer before I add the milk, as adding the milk decreases the brewing effect.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby MagsJ » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:39 pm

_
The second cuppa turned out decent, but not perfect.. I noted that the tea took a little while to digest, so not too bad for someone who hasn’t had milk in over a decade.

Brunch earlier, was a tri-capsicum and low-fat cheddar-cheese 3-egg/2-yolk omelette, and a cup of sweetened coffee.

Dinner will be set to cook in the multi-cooker, shortly.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:49 pm

_
A (usual) healthy start to the morning.. British eggs n Italian coffee, German crisp-bread n French cheeses, daily Vitamin D drops.. and an orange for later.

C0CCD239-7E78-4670-B8BB-EC2CC3975723.jpeg
C0CCD239-7E78-4670-B8BB-EC2CC3975723.jpeg (150.63 KiB) Viewed 390 times

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:00 pm

_
Not fertilised eggs.. a coffee, only.. followed by an orange an hour later.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:27 pm

_
2 cups of morning coffee; and a courgette/celery/lettuce/garlic sauté, with some added Brie for texture and taste.

Now that would make an excellent side dish for a main meal.. served with some roasted meat or other..

MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:55 pm

I wish it was more sleep. How will I survive this semester? Will I even survive this day? Tomorrow’s gonna hurt. I’ll adjust.

Semper Something Something Coffee
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:28 pm

_
A 2-egg courgette omelette and black coffee avec le sucre..

..a workout before dinner, after a couple of months lay-off. :-k

MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:20 pm

Coffee , and mango banana shake .daily bread and butter
It's raining here after near 100 Fahrenheit for a week so a non descript break fast is anticlimactic.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:35 pm

_
Kedgeree.. but minus the rice and with salmon instead of smoked-haddock, and scrambled eggs instead of boiled.. oh, and a coffee.

The cat breakfasted too of course, but with catty food.. though he sometimes wants to share my chicken and red meat dinners.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:22 pm

_
A courgette n salmon sauté topped with 3 runny-yolked eggs, and the usual coffee.

..after a short hiatus, I’m back on the weights tomorrow.

MagsJ

Postby Sculptor » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:01 pm

Yesterday I broke my New years fasting regime and had a cake and late at the local garden centre.
As I have been on OMAD with low carb high fat since 1st January the butter-cream coated and filled carrot cake was more than my body could take and I went foggy headed and sweaty, and had to have a sit down on the compost bags until I felt better!! Last night I slept late finding sleep was illusive. I had a mild hangover this morning as if I had had a few drinks.

Today having finish a Easter gift of Ferrero Roche chocs I cannot want to get back to intermittent fasting on Monday.

My body seems to dislike sugar. This is a very good thing to be encouraged.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Sculptor » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:03 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
A (usual) healthy start to the morning.. British eggs n Italian coffee, German crisp-bread n French cheeses, daily Vitamin D drops.. and an orange for later.

C0CCD239-7E78-4670-B8BB-EC2CC3975723.jpeg

If you continue to avoid fat in favour of more carbs in a few years you will wake up and ask why are are prediabetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s5szfPYKY4&t=1612s
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:44 pm

Sculptor wrote:If you continue to avoid fat in favour of more carbs in a few years you will wake up and ask why are are prediabetic.

I don’t avoid fat.

My eating regimen is a TMAD paleo/keto combo, with some non-refined carbs throughout the week. [by its very definition, paleo/keto means pure unadulterated produce.. so very eggs/meat n two veg, sometimes followed with bio wine and French cheese or an orange]

I did indulge a craving for (healthy) chocolate and crisps, a few weeks back.. it was very underwhelming and I ended up throwing the crisps in the food-recycling bin, and the craving.. gone.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:39 am

_
A courgette n 3-egg pan-fry, n obligatory coffee.

FBF0DE33-7FAB-4323-84FA-1FBDFF55D481.jpeg
FBF0DE33-7FAB-4323-84FA-1FBDFF55D481.jpeg (187.51 KiB) Viewed 244 times

A red onion n Camembert 3-egg/2-yolk omelette, n obligatory coffee.
[the onion caused me mischief tho]

A89D77D8-6C55-4F08-A131-A27A43B25190.jpeg
A89D77D8-6C55-4F08-A131-A27A43B25190.jpeg (181.71 KiB) Viewed 244 times

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:52 pm

_
Today’s brunch.. pan-fried salmon n courgette with braised lettuce, seasoned with red chilli n
garlic.. and obligatory coffee, of course.

6659E377-DCFF-46E0-A6EC-C81D85F1C599.jpeg
6659E377-DCFF-46E0-A6EC-C81D85F1C599.jpeg (158.55 KiB) Viewed 226 times

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:11 am

_
Getting up.. to go make a coffee, gf crispbreads n Camembert and an orange, breakfast.

The cat.. his usual.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:33 pm

_
Reheated omelette.. from yesterday, ain’t half bad.. for today’s brunch at a very-late 3. I’ve been mostly sleeping, since Wednesday. :-s

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:18 pm

_
Brunch.. with the cat, whilst watching early-afternoon Men’s Rugby Sevens at the 2022 Commonwealth Games. He had his usual, and I.. mine.

Check-out these eggs I bought last week.. what were the odds of that happening? not very high, I can tell ya..

5053278E-6FD5-4C9E-BC43-9A10CCE6FA52.jpeg
5053278E-6FD5-4C9E-BC43-9A10CCE6FA52.jpeg (99.49 KiB) Viewed 84 times

MagsJ

Postby Sculptor » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:06 pm

Nothing.
Breakfast is overrated and is for whimps.
I've not had a breakfast since Xmas.

Today I had my first, and only meal at 16:00.

In as much as that meal broke my fast I had two burgers and some homemade coleslaw type salad.
I shall eat in another 23 hours
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:54 pm

Sculptor wrote:Nothing.
Breakfast is overrated and is for whimps.
I've not had a breakfast since Xmas.

Today I had my first, and only meal at 16:00.

In as much as that meal broke my fast I had two burgers and some homemade coleslaw type salad.
I shall eat in another 23 hours

..then call me a whimp! :P

A mild chicken curry, with celery and celeriac thrown in near the end, and finally a coriander garnish.. might have an orange for supper later, if I get hungry.

Disclaimer: the Crisp n Dry rapeseed oil -in the prior photo- does not belong to me. #poison

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:16 am

_
4 scrambled eggs [minus 1 yolk] and a sweetened coffee..

..stirred a drop of Camembert into the eggs, for that creamy/silky texture.

MagsJ

Postby Sculptor » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:42 am

Breakfast

750mg of Ramipril
350mg Allopurinol
vitamins: C, B complex, D, K2
Minerals: magnesium, zinc.
Chondroitin ,and Glucosamine

I pint of Indian Black tea made with full cream milk..
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Sculptor » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:43 am

MagsJ wrote:_
4 scrambled eggs [minus 1 yolk] and a sweetened coffee..

..stirred a drop of Camembert into the eggs, for that creamy/silky texture.

Why do you drop one of the yolks?
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:23 pm

Sculptor wrote:Why do you drop one of the yolks?

I think 3 yolks max. sufficient enough.. the remainder of my daily fat intake, coming from a hearty dinner.

If I taste too much fat in food, I can’t eat it, it makes me nauseous.. my internal inbuilt-gauge of optimal maximum saturation of a food-stuff.. had it from birth.

My discernings annoyed the f out of some of my family members, come dinnertime.. I told them don’t watch me eat then.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:40 pm

Sculptor wrote:
Breakfast

750mg of Ramipril
350mg Allopurinol
vitamins: C, B complex, D, K2
Minerals: magnesium, zinc.
Chondroitin ,and Glucosamine

I pint of Indian Black tea made with full cream milk..

I thought you didn’t have a breakfast.. might help ‘up’ the ketosis-effects though.

I got back into taking Vitamin D Baby Drops [don’t ask :lol: ] last week, as part of my breakfast routine.. even though my levels were fine. I found that the excess stores of it had upped my energy levels, quite sufficiently.

MagsJ

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat