What's for dinner?

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: What's for dinner?

Postby MagsJ » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:24 am

_
Sweet-potato & brie mash, topped with 3 fried-eggs..
It was surprisingly yummy and satiating.

What to have tomorrow..?
Dinners of late have been.. Indic-style meat curries, prawn pad Thais, meat casseroles, roast chicken n vegetables, goose legs à l’orange, roasted pigeon, roast Guinea fowl, pheasant, various cheeses with maize crackers, meat n vegetable broths, omelettes, sometimes an orange, sometimes nothing..
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby MagsJ » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:37 pm

_
Prosecco, and crisp-breads with Brie.. a very light dinner, I know. :)

I’d been tucking into chicken curry n rice for the last few days, and beef curries n rice prior to that..
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:44 pm

_
..made the worst carrot soup in my entire existence, thus far.. the flavours just didn’t mesh well and blend together to form a final cohesive flavour - I’ll let it sit, until tomorrow, and revisit it.

I’ll save my palate for a T-bone-steak-and-wine brunch.. or some similar meat, tomorrow. :icon-rolleyes:

How can carrot soup go so wrong! :|

MagsJ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:18 pm

Maybe you can save it with some chicken broth?
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:23 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Maybe you can save it with some chicken broth?

It sure needs something to save it, and I ain’t talking about prayer here.

Yes, chicken.. definitely chicken.. pastured, so more flavourful.

MagsJ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:49 am

I tried to make squash soup once.

Squash soup is a terrible thing, and an illustration of the hopless tragedy that is Canadian cuisine.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Meno_ » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:04 am

Smoked oysters out of can and chocolate cake.washed down with hot water with a slice of lemon.

It's the best in the middle of a fast meal I've tasted in a long time.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:40 pm

_
@Pedro.. I gave up on saving the soup, and flushed it down the toilet a few days later instead.. I thought it not worth anymore of my time and effort spent on it.

@Meno.. canned smoked oysters and chocolate cake, to break a fast mid-way? how very decadent of you.. who you trimming up for? :wink:
__
I’ve taken a month (..probably more) off, from doing weights, to alleviate the accruing musculoskeletal stress from my workouts, so time to start up the weights again some time this week.. until such a time may arrive that I’ll need a next break, though I may not need a next break. A permanent paleo/keto eating-regimen, keeps my gains/weight in permanent good stead/in permanent check.. respectively, so that I never have to think or worry about my daily food and drink consumption. #BeastMode! :D lol.
Last edited by MagsJ on Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:54 pm

I am with You on the workouts MagsJ, went back finally the gym reopened after a year closure. Surprisingly I kept my normal weight, but fora month now my regular eating habits have been disrupted since my oral surgery about two weeks ago.

Have You ever been on a fast, though?

Last time, years ago went on one, just to test my resilience and after 13 days and 12 hours I caved in. It was grueling , to say the least.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:19 pm

Meno_ wrote:I am with You on the workouts MagsJ, went back finally the gym reopened after a year closure. Surprisingly I kept my normal weight, but fora month now my regular eating habits have been disrupted since my oral surgery about two weeks ago.

Have You ever been on a fast, though?

Last time, years ago went on one, just to test my resilience and after 13 days and 12 hours I caved in. It was grueling , to say the least.

If you mean 24hr or long Lenten fasts, then yes.. though I’ve unintentionally fasted for days at a time when I lost my appetite, or for weeks on end during the height of my fatigue when I couldn’t get out of bed let alone cook or eat.. bad times / very dark days.

Dinner for me yesterday, and also to be today’s.. T-bone steak seared with a Camembert topping, served with a steamed courgette side.. no! make that a celeriac and lettuce colcannon side, today.. couldn’t finish it all.. now following dinner with half an orange, from yesterday.

AA20D810-E879-4B07-97BE-6A2438062771.jpeg
AA20D810-E879-4B07-97BE-6A2438062771.jpeg (168.28 KiB) Viewed 318 times

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:38 pm

_
..a simple Brie n crispbread and a very large mug of black tea, dinner.. having had my eggs n coffee breakfast whilst on the phone with my ISP for over an hour, helping me reconnect to the internet, it’s already been a very long day.. especially as I was also on the phone after that, chasing-up unresolved requests.

So an early night for me, with an orange and water supper.. and the internet. :lol:

MagsJ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:07 am

MagsJ wrote:_
@Pedro.. I gave up on saving the soup, and flushed it down the toilet a few days later instead.. I thought it not worth anymore of my time and effort spent on it.

Sometimes you gotta.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:08 pm

_
..walked all the way up the high-street, to go buy some food supplies for the cat and I, and as I was at the till I realised that I’d left my card at home.. I left the store, leaving the items at the till, and will duplicate the process tomorrow.. this time with card in tow.

So today’s dinner, being.. sweet-potato and celeriac soup. :P

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:21 pm

MagsJ wrote:..walked all the way up the high-street, to go buy some food supplies for the cat and I, and as I was at the till I realised that I’d left my card at home.. I left the store, leaving the items at the till, and will duplicate the process tomorrow.. this time with card in tow.

So today’s dinner, being.. sweet-potato and celeriac soup. :P

..the soup was made and had, the remainder of which was used as a base for the chicken and courgette broth that I just made and devoured just now. Yesterday’s courgette-omelette and Saturday’s lamb-loin chops and vegetable were equally good.

The soup tasted better x 10, 3 days on.

Buying a blackcurrant jam to top the cheese with was a bad idea.. it’s high FODMAP and so triggered my PFS.. the Net said a marmalade is best, so marmalade it is.. the inflammation is already on its way out, and I’ll live to see another day.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:01 pm

_
..a vegetable-omelette and celeriac & lettuce colcannon (mash).

What to have, tomorrow. :-k

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:37 pm

_
An early dinner.. of lamb carry, and coriander and rose petal infused rice.
I’ve gotten in the habit of eating dinner earlier, if I can.. now that appetite permits.

FF5D7213-9411-47C6-9905-C1EB5E005379.jpeg
FF5D7213-9411-47C6-9905-C1EB5E005379.jpeg (134.48 KiB) Viewed 227 times

MagsJ

Postby mannequin01 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:16 am

I try to avoid this thread as I'm often grossed out by the pictures mags posts.
mannequin01

Postby MagsJ » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:24 am

_
Lol

Says he who eats lettuce sandwiches.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu May 26, 2022 8:20 pm

_
Today’s dinner.. a lightly spiced parsnip, carrot, and Camembert soup. :chores-utensils:

..spiced, with a mild (branded) curry powder blend.. a perfect blend of Ingredients: Coriander, Turmeric, Onion, Cumin, Ginger, Garlic, Galangal, Lemongrass, White Pepper, Cayenne.

Should look like this..

FDA73BBB-6CD1-4846-ACBD-DAD160341B3E.jpeg
FDA73BBB-6CD1-4846-ACBD-DAD160341B3E.jpeg (34.95 KiB) Viewed 145 times

MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:39 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:I tried to make squash soup once.

Squash soup is a terrible thing, and an illustration of the hopless tragedy that is Canadian cuisine.

needs to be butternut squash
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Sculptor » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:10 pm

On this day I have finally decided to abandon my Ketogenic diet, which I have been doing with intermittent fasting. It has been great for reducing pain and inflammation. My blood work is improved. HDL up , triglycerides are down, A1C is also starting to go down.
I have stopped taking Lansoprazole, Statins and Calcium Channel Blockers. I have also lost 35lbs since January.
But that weight loss was 75% in the first 2 months; 25% in the second two months, and the last 2 are characterised by up and down maintenance.

So, it is time for a change of strategy.
I am adopting a herbivore diet. So I just popped to Lidl to get myself £20 worth of grass-fed steak. I am now looking forward a couple of hours for my eating window to open up..

image_2022-07-05_131011079.png
image_2022-07-05_131011079.png (152.28 KiB) Viewed 113 times
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:58 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:I tried to make squash soup once.

needs to be butternut squash

Those deep orange pumpkins are the best.. better than Butternut, for both flavour and texture.

D7D634D9-B475-443C-A1BF-E74195468EF0.jpeg
D7D634D9-B475-443C-A1BF-E74195468EF0.jpeg (110.99 KiB) Viewed 101 times

Those blue and grey/whiteish ones have the most amazing 'meaty' texture and are actually deep
orange in colour inside, and goes well -steamed- with meat dishes.. I find all those other pumpkins
too marrowy, and so bland.

D1391A32-66F4-4157-B87F-CE0CF3B266C4.jpeg
D1391A32-66F4-4157-B87F-CE0CF3B266C4.jpeg (198.04 KiB) Viewed 101 times

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:59 pm

Sculptor wrote:I am adopting a herbivore diet. So I just popped to Lidl to get myself £20 worth of grass-fed steak. I am now looking forward a couple of hours for my eating window to open up..

image_2022-07-05_131011079.png

When you say “a herbivore diet” you really do mean ‘a herbivore diet’. (Natural) herbivores sure taste good.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:00 pm

_
Roasted spatchcock paprika-chicken, with roasted spring vegetables..

Was satiatingly divine.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:30 pm

_
Same as yesterday..

MagsJ

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat