ILP Supperclub...

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: ILP Supperclub...

Postby MagsJ » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:48 pm

_
..some cantaloupe and orange, from my 100% Organic fresh produce box ..the fruit, being from
last week’s veg box.

7C84CF60-72CB-4BD9-9E11-B00C2A36BDB0.jpeg
7C84CF60-72CB-4BD9-9E11-B00C2A36BDB0.jpeg (150.8 KiB) Viewed 471 times
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby MagsJ » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:03 pm

_
Beetroot, baked in a carrot celery and watercress mirepoix, with fig and a drizzle of olive oil.

Would be so good with feta, or mozzarella, or goats cheese.. pity I can’t do dairy.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:53 pm

_
In Autumn and Winter, I do supper.. but not necessarily every night, but as the need dictates.

Organic Pumpkin soup: seasoned with salt, pepper, a pinch of nutmeg, saffron, olive oil, and a
squeeze of fresh lemon.

B94F31E4-17A2-4EEE-992D-26F4AC449711.jpeg
B94F31E4-17A2-4EEE-992D-26F4AC449711.jpeg (102.38 KiB) Viewed 426 times

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:41 pm

_
..some Organic-cider and quaver-crisps for supper.. as I only had a bowl of carrot&pumpkin soup for dinner earlier.

Tomorrow is gonna be a low-caloric intake day, and Friday I fancy a gluten-free chicken&prawn pad Thai for dinner, da weekend.. all kinds á meat and vegetables galore.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:45 pm

_
..an Organic orange

MagsJ

Postby Lorikeet » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:48 pm

i luv orange juice.
Used to live in an area in Greece where they had orange orchards...and mandarins.
Used to eat so many I felt the vitamin C in the mouth.
Picked the oranges straight off the trees.
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods

-Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lays of Ancient Rome
Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:37 pm

Lorikeet wrote:i luv orange juice.
Used to live in an area in Greece where they had orange orchards...and mandarins.
Used to eat so many I felt the vitamin C in the mouth.
Picked the oranges straight off the trees.

Criminal! :)

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:18 am

_
An Organic orange, earlier.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:27 pm

_
Organic celery, after Guinea fowl and vegetable leftovers for brunch and dinner.. and a nice bottle of bio rosé..

MagsJ

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:38 pm

There is certainly something special about garlic. The crushing and peeling of a clove leaves an aroma rich not only in flavor, but of history. It’s as if I am transported to Europe in medieval times cooking in a large black kettle over an open fire with cast iron spoons and wooden furniture to dine on. The aroma is full of naive superstitions that provide comfort as much as the food I’m prepping will. Surely it is praiseworthy of a deity.

My all time favorite dish with garlic is below. Also, goes good with Garlic Bread. The way to make Garlic bread the right way is to use fresh parsley, fresh garlic and fresh bread. Chop up half a bulb if not more and mince it as well as you can with a knife. Dump it in a half stick of butter, maybe 3/4 of a stick and pour it over a loaf of vienna bread cut in half down the middle longwise. Combine the garlic, parsley, and melted butter in a bowl. Pour it on both sides of the bread and pop it in the oven for like 8-10 minutes at around 350 degrees

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound baby Dutch yellow potatoes
3 ears corn, each cut crosswise into 6 pieces
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (I quadruple it)
4 cloves garlic, minced (I double it)
1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning (I double it)
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
1 lemon, cut into wedges (I do not use this)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes until just tender and parboiled, about 10-13 minutes. Stir in corn during the last 5 minutes of cooking time; drain well.

In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic and Old Bay seasoning.
Place potatoes, corn, shrimp and sausage in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Stir in butter mixture and gently toss to combine.
Place into oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque and corn is tender.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges, garnished with parsley, if desired.
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:07 pm

_
..an orange and a nightly detox tea, whilst watching Hollyoaks.. then interneting from bed, after that.

#Overcoming

MagsJ

Postby Sculptor » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:45 pm

OMAD: day 55
Weight change: negative 23lbs

Feeling good. Stomach is still very musical.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:00 pm

Sculptor wrote:OMAD: day 55
Weight change: negative 23lbs

Feeling good. Stomach is still very musical.

Is that why you’ve been volatile, of late? it all makes sense now. 8-[

I take it your OMAD is in the evenings..? Just out of interest, what do you have in your one meal?

I’ve been on TMAD for months now.. I gotta fuel my weights habit, some how. Ha!

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:17 am

_
No breakfast.. don’t do lunch.. no dinner.. but a small supper, of German crisp-breads with Camembert and an orange.

Not feeling particularly hungry today.. might have something to do with the 400g Barnsley chop I had for dinner yesterday. :lol:

MagsJ

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat