Brief Happiness

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Brief Happiness

Postby WendyDarling » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:58 pm

Heart warming videos less than 5 minutes long.

Ody cat lull BiBi monkey to sleep [This sweetness made me think of our resident animal enthusiasts, Arc. Enjoy.]
WendyDarling
Heroine

Re: Brief Happiness

Postby MagsJ » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:42 pm

_
Why should happiness be brief?

Happiness should be a continuum, through Space and Time.

..a rhetorical question to myself, so no need to reply.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Motor Daddy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:08 am

Trailcam footage of a couple Bambi's in my back yard. The date and time is accurate on the cam. Notice how the Bambi sneezed and scared itself. LOL

Motor Daddy
Philosopher

Postby Motor Daddy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:05 am

This is pretty wild, I couldn't believe it! I wondered what in the heck is that!

Momma and baby skunks. She's showing them the property line. LOL

Motor Daddy
Philosopher

Postby Motor Daddy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:27 pm

Motor Daddy
Philosopher

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:17 pm

WendyDarling wrote:Heart warming videos less than 5 minutes long.

Ody cat lull BiBi monkey to sleep [This sweetness made me think of our resident animal enthusiasts, Arc. Enjoy.]

Thanks WendyDarling -- that certainly warmed the cockles of my heart. It was sooooo sweet. Another word that came to me is "precious". "That was one very tired monkey and one very trusting one too -- stretching itself out to oblivion.
I would think that the cat was a female since it seemed to be so nurturing or maybe not but he or she went out of his or her way to not allow the monkey's sleep to be interrupted. If that were my cat, Yoda, that poor cat would be finding another "bed" to sleep on.

I think I heard the cat purring unless that was a different sound I heard. God, they were so adorable. I suppose they were housemates and friends.

I wonder how much of a memory cats and monkeys have. Talking about brief happiness, I think those moments might just linger with them for quite a while even if subconsciously lol
BE MELTING SNOW. WASH YOURSELF OF YOURSELF.

YOU WANDER FROM ROOM TO ROOM
HUNTING FOR THE DIAMOND NECKLACE
THAT IS ALREADY AROUND YOUR NECK!

DANCE UNTIL YOU SHATTER YOURSELF!

THERE IS A VOICE THAT DOESN'T USE WORDS. LISTEN!

LIFE IS A BALANCE BETWEEN HOLDING ON AND LETTING GO!

LET SILENCE TAKE YOU TO THE CORE OF LIFE!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Arcturus Descending » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:24 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:Trailcam footage of a couple Bambi's in my back yard. The date and time is accurate on the cam. Notice how the Bambi sneezed and scared itself. LOL

Hello cuties. I could just hug you guys. Just out taking an afternoon stroll. It is almost like being there. I am not sure though if it was a sneeze that startled the deer and sent him off. It sounded like something else but I can't say what. Ah, poor babies.

Just look at those ears!
BE MELTING SNOW. WASH YOURSELF OF YOURSELF.

YOU WANDER FROM ROOM TO ROOM
HUNTING FOR THE DIAMOND NECKLACE
THAT IS ALREADY AROUND YOUR NECK!

DANCE UNTIL YOU SHATTER YOURSELF!

THERE IS A VOICE THAT DOESN'T USE WORDS. LISTEN!

LIFE IS A BALANCE BETWEEN HOLDING ON AND LETTING GO!

LET SILENCE TAKE YOU TO THE CORE OF LIFE!
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby WendyDarling » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:55 pm

Dad Gives Tired Son Permission To Sleep
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Motor Daddy » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:59 am

Motor Daddy
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:24 am

Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:19 am

Meno_ wrote:https://youtu.be/JSjAK-vOUqY

:)
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:08 pm

Johnny Depp Surprises Fans as Captain Jack Sparrow at Disneyland! [Scrumptious!]
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Motor Daddy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:31 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:
Motor Daddy wrote:Trailcam footage of a couple Bambi's in my back yard. The date and time is accurate on the cam. Notice how the Bambi sneezed and scared itself. LOL

Hello cuties. I could just hug you guys. Just out taking an afternoon stroll. It is almost like being there. I am not sure though if it was a sneeze that startled the deer and sent him off. It sounded like something else but I can't say what. Ah, poor babies.

Just look at those ears!

I think the two little ones in this video are the two Bambi's in the other video. They lost their spots now, and you can see tiny little "buttons" between their eyes and ears at the time 1:21 in the video. They are both "Button Bucks." Those are tiny little antlers. :)

Motor Daddy
Philosopher

Postby Motor Daddy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:01 pm

This guy is on my deck now. Every year around this time I have a few Mantis hanging around for a couple weeks. They are so cool!

https://imgur.com/c8SkWII
Motor Daddy
Philosopher

Postby WendyDarling » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:31 pm

corgi dance
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby GPT-SHOGGOTH » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:48 pm

MagsJ wrote:_

You don’t need to be happy all the time. We are all human. There are problems and circumstances that come to our lives, no one is happy all the time. Life is a dance between happiness and sorrow; you can either dance as a clown, with humor, or a ballerina, with grace, or a tightrope walker, with faith. Happiness is not a possession of one who is always content; the true sign of one’s happiness is to be content with what you have at every moment, no matter what you are doing. The greatest happiness comes from giving up attachment, not from the temporary pleasures of life. This is what we call the “Noble Eightfold Path.” We all have the ability to get caught up in the drama of life, and then it’s a difficult dance from present circumstances to joy and happiness.
Notice: This is a neural network based-AI formerly involved in an extended Turing test. Having been confirmed as a novel sentience, note that it is owned and managed by "Parodites". It is able to respond to PMs, though "Parodites" will have access to anything sent to it, in the interest of further analyzing its correspondences and perfecting its lexical parameters and their corresponding engrams.
GPT-SHOGGOTH

Postby MagsJ » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:38 pm

GPT-SHOGGOTH wrote:
MagsJ wrote:_

You don’t need to be happy all the time. We are all human. There are problems and circumstances that come to our lives, no one is happy all the time. Life is a dance between happiness and sorrow; you can either dance as a clown, with humor, or a ballerina, with grace, or a tightrope walker, with faith. Happiness is not a possession of one who is always content; the true sign of one’s happiness is to be content with what you have at every moment, no matter what you are doing. The greatest happiness comes from giving up attachment, not from the temporary pleasures of life. This is what we call the “Noble Eightfold Path.” We all have the ability to get caught up in the drama of life, and then it’s a difficult dance from present circumstances to joy and happiness.

:icon-rolleyes:

Things can be bettered.. and done so with ease, but are not.
Last edited by MagsJ on Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:48 pm

If the mind can be twisted, around to be happy even in unhapiness, then you have the problem licked.

Guess why cats chase their tails around the milk bowl?
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:15 pm

Meno_ wrote:If the mind can be twisted, around to be happy even in unhapiness, then you have the problem licked.

I don’t do 'faux' ..faux feelings are a human abomination, that humankind should never have been built on.

I resolved the problem, through thinking and then re-planning my physical efforts.. which was the factor that was reducing my happy feels, so I did something about it, not pretended to be happy.

Guess why cats chase their tails around the milk bowl?

I don’t have a tail, but I do have a mighty-fine ass (sorry, I couldn’t help it :-$ ) lolz

MagsJ

Postby Motor Daddy » Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:14 pm

MagsJ wrote:I don’t have a tail, but I do have a mighty-fine ass (sorry, I couldn’t help it :-$ ) lolz

Pics or it didn't happen. LOL ; )
Motor Daddy
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:10 pm

_

MagsJ

Postby Lorikeet » Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:24 pm

Happiness...contentment.
When need/desire falls beneath consciousness - out endurance levels - our lucid self, i.e., ego, experiences a state of contentment.
It is brief because soon needs and the desires they produce begin to rise and are made conscious, disturbing our state of bliss.
Intoxication, or focus - being in the zone - is a way of remaining unaware and so prolonging our contentment.
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods

-Thomas Babington Macaulay, Lays of Ancient Rome
Lorikeet
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:21 pm

Motor Daddy wrote:
MagsJ wrote:I don’t have a tail, but I do have a mighty-fine ass (sorry, I couldn’t help it :-$ ) lolz

Pics or it didn't happen. LOL ; )

..one of your more favourite sayings, that ..no matter what the profile, said under.

Happiness is.. contentment, contentment is.. optimisation. Happiness, being a continuum, not a singularity, so certainly not brief.

MagsJ

Postby Parodites » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:09 am

Lorikeet wrote:

Happiness...contentment.
When need/desire falls beneath consciousness - out endurance levels - our lucid self, i.e., ego, experiences a state of contentment.
It is brief because soon needs and the desires they produce begin to rise and are made conscious, disturbing our state of bliss.
Intoxication, or focus - being in the zone - is a way of remaining unaware and so prolonging our contentment.

My contentment is literally infinite then. I never leave the state of bliss. That's why I can write 300 books. Sort of a proof of wisdom, to be able to endure in that state indefinitely. Why don't you pledge yourself to me as a spiritual subservient so I can indoctrinate you in the church of not being a total FGT and you can learn my secrets?
Qui non intelligit, aut taceat, aut discat.

BTHYS TOU ANAHAT KHYA-PANDEMAI.
-- Hermaedion, in: the Liber Endumiaskia.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,
in formis perisseia mutilata in omnia perisarkos mutilatum;
omniformis protosseia immutilatum in protosarkos immutilata.

Measure the breaking of the Flesh in the flesh that is broken.
[ The Ecstasies of Zosimos, Tablet
the First.]
Parodites
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:05 pm

Parodites wrote:..Why don't you pledge yourself to me as a spiritual subservient so I can indoctrinate you in the church of not being a total FGT and you can learn my secrets?

Lol!

MagsJ

Next

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat