Snow!

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: Snow!

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:26 am

MagsJ wrote:_
Missing her..? Ahh Spring.. the Season of feelings being felt.

I recall you mentioning having a girlfriend.. are you trying to make polygamy your current vibe? aha!

_
It went terribly cold last week.. polar winds, or from some place or other.

We’re now currently at a cool [not cold] 6c

My girlfriend is so pretty that even Maia might get jealous of her looks... :-?
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:41 am

MagsJ wrote:are you trying to make polygamy your current vibe? aha!

Just because you like one, doesn't mean it nullifies the ones that came before, right?

Marriage is just politics anyway.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:13 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:
MagsJ wrote:are you trying to make polygamy your current vibe? aha!

Just because you like one, doesn't mean it nullifies the ones that came before, right?

..it doesn’t, but it should. It does for me. :D

I can only romantically-entertain one person at any given time.. a born monogamist?

Marriage is just politics anyway.

..a socio-political affair, but not an affair ..coz affairs are bad things, well.. unless you’re a polygamist or in an open relationship. :|
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Sculptor » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:26 pm

We had snow in my garden on the Sussex coast on Wednesday.

I thought I would share that since owing to the title of the thread.

It's great to stay on topic sometimes.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Sculptor » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:29 pm

Maia wrote:Last night, walking back from work, it was so windy that I was almost blown over a couple of times. This, it turned out, was Storm Arwen, which was battering the UK, and which, if nothing else, proves that there's at least one Tolkien fan at the Met Office.

Actually its a Welsh word for "good" and a fairly common girl's name. So it could well be named after one of the women in the Met Office.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:08 pm

Sculptor wrote:We had snow in my garden on the Sussex coast on Wednesday.

I thought I would share that since owing to the title of the thread.

It's great to stay on topic sometimes.

For you, yes.. because you often don’t. :D

Are there marinas near you? They are such tranquil places to spend the day at.. have lunch, drink whilst watching the boats come in.. and out, have dinner, then watch the sun set. Ferries on the Thames, is the closest I get to that.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:10 am

_
No snow, but fairly strong winds abounding.. it’s putting me off going out, so I’ve been staying in.

MagsJ

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:24 am

I passed through some snow last week, looks like Maia missed out
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:49 am

_
Ahhhhh.. perfect weather for the week ahead. I’m sure Maia would agree.

C0428446-AB29-4A0E-9E86-5992D196576D.jpeg
C0428446-AB29-4A0E-9E86-5992D196576D.jpeg (44.21 KiB) Viewed 80 times

MagsJ

Postby iambiguous » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:34 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:I passed through some snow last week, looks like Maia missed out

Note to Maia:

hint hint

We all want you back of course. And I suspect it has little to do with snow. Me, I'll settle for a reassurance that everything is still going well for you.

And the Goddess?

Is she still around? :wink:

Seriously though, you're okay, right?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=176529
Then here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 5&t=185296
And here: http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopi ... 1&t=194382

"Sure, it works in practice, but does it work in theory?"

Danny Embling: "People wonder how Hitler managed to get so many followers...it's never surprised me."
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Previous

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat