Me, Magsj, Smears...

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Re: Me, Magsj, Smears...

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:41 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:ILP needs new blood, but I won't hold my breath.

We need a young, thirsty, high-testosterone male genius with a ruthless desire to Learn and Explore existence.

To share the weight and burden of Wisdom.

this sounds a little gay
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:09 pm

Urwrongx1000 wrote:ILP needs new blood, but I won't hold my breath.

We need a young, thirsty, high-testosterone male genius with a ruthless desire to Learn and Explore existence.

To share the weight and burden of Wisdom.

The problem is also that all of us who post here either grew up or encountered the internet first as a completely wild jungle, a place free to the core. The way a friend at work used to say it is that the dark web used to be just the web.

These new generations grew up in a world where the internet is like the T.V., or school, or any other carefully watched and regulated arena. One of the most terrible blows struck by Obama was the normalizing of the idea that a free internet was a problem.

A nature like you describe wouldn't be drawn to the internet period. Except maybe as a decent library.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:23 pm

Pedro I Rengel:
These new generations grew up in a world where the internet is like the T.V., or school, or any other carefully watched and regulated arena. One of the most terrible blows struck by Obama was the normalizing of the idea that a free internet was a problem.

K: sources please or you are just lying about something else...

Kropotkin
Now if only I could get the other "members of the collection of truth"
to put me on ignore, life would be good..

PK
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:14 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:The problem is also that all of us who post here either grew up or encountered the internet first as a completely wild jungle, a place free to the core. The way a friend at work used to say it is that the dark web used to be just the web.

A nature like you describe wouldn't be drawn to the internet period. Except maybe as a decent library.

That's a good point; we need to move 'beyond' the internet into new realms.

Right now the battle is being waged over the Metanarrative, who gets to dictate what, to whom, why, and when. Warriors are needed here more than anywhere else.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:43 pm

We are philosophers, metanarratives are not our problem. Truth is our problem.

I did however was reminded of this song:

"...little did Manowar avatar know that the European flags would stand against it.

This was not to be a problem."
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:54 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:We are philosophers, metanarratives are not our problem. Truth is our problem.

I did however was reminded of this song:

"...little did Manowar avatar know that the European flags would stand against it.

This was not to be a problem."

Canadians are being called terrorists for not accepting a "vaccine" which nobody knows what's even in it.

And those who criticize it are defamed and censored.

The metanarrative is our problem. Nobody cares about "Truth" anymore. That died years ago.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:23 am

Saying you will deal with commie propaganda by doing propaganda is like saying you will deal with the zombie apocalypse by eating zombie flesh.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:44 am

Our propaganda is really quite rudimentary.

Churchill's Victory sign, Trump's Make America Great Again.

A catchy slogan and a barrel-full of truth.

The Wuhan virus is a slightly severe cold. The global measures taken against it have no effect on it, but they do restrict a lot of people's freedom and put a lot of power in a few people's hands. The so-called "vaccine" rearranges your genetic material and has no effect on the bug.

Whoever this simple list of facts is not enough for is an idiot, and not worth my time.

If they are calling the truckers and their supporters terrorists and getting away with it, making law on it, it is because they have been given this power slowly over decades.

If you live in a free country, do your best to make sure this process doesn't get started, which you will accomplish best by reminding people of the value of truth and of not being a pathetic little bitch.

If you live in Canada, talk to me about privitizing medicine and then we can talk. Until then, don't donate to truckers. This monster is of your own making. Don't talk to me about it because I will be playing the world's smallest violin just for you.

Whoever doesn't care about the truth is a zombie, and to be treated as such.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:47 pm

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Saying you will deal with commie propaganda by doing propaganda is like saying you will deal with the zombie apocalypse by eating zombie flesh.

Burn!

literally

jk

So if you’re not down with the Golden Rule & won’t leave your house cuz ur too busy debating ur moms…

Hi Mr. Pot K. Black! (I’m Ms. Sky O. Blue.)

What are some action items toward a less disgusting society that won’t get our assets frozen or town nuked?

P.s. (appears I mixed you up with Parodites…prolly cuz you covered similar theme elsewhere…also my brain is weird) I’m jealous of your skin if you can go that long w/o showers & maintain its integrity. I have no such luck. Still not a fan of showering unless I have to leave the truck on an errand or something lol!!! That is not the topic of this reply. Just want to have a common launching point.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:02 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Saying you will deal with commie propaganda by doing propaganda is like saying you will deal with the zombie apocalypse by eating zombie flesh.

The corruption runs deep, to the marrow, bone cancer.

When the Public Education system is so infiltrated and contaminated by Communists and Marxists, then there's not much can be done. A nation needs to educate its children about Morality, Ethics, and Civics. Without Civics, there can be no Republic. A Republic depends on a well-educated populace. Since they, and most on this forum, do not care about Truth, then it's a fight of Lie versus Lie. Sometimes you have to take the fight as it comes to you, not as you wish it were.

We don't have 20 years to reverse things. We have 20 months.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:28 am

Well, at least you are able to admit, if at least to yourself, that you intend to deal in lies. This already sets you apart from the commies. They have to do all this convoluted shit "what even IS truth?" It is also why you can never win.

Good luck and Godspeed.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:49 am

That's also why universities are so effective at generating propagandists.

If you noticed my recent interaction with Mr Reasonable,

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Pedro I Rengel wrote:You don't even know what money is, I'm supposed to have high hopes for this book?

i didn't write it.

and i dunno what you think money is, but surely you know that i could, if so inclined, go on and on about whether or not it's an abstraction, or a tool of control, or a means of exchangin value, or whatever other theory that you'd like to entertain. but i just don't enjoy all of that.

think about how the best boxing coaches don't actually box, or they aren't actually great boxers. that's sort of my take on it. i don't need to write a book about money. i need to have money. so until im under some circumstances where that presents as a real issue in my life, in a way that matters to me, what's the point in wasting time waxing philosophical about monetary theory?

They filled his head with so many intricate meaningless ways to describe a thing, he arrived at the conclusion that truth doesn't even exist. Truth is just an essay that can get an A from the teacher.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:51 am

And, obviously, the main problem with using lies to set up a society is that then you end up with a society of idiots.

So I'm not sure what you win in the end.

Commies don't mind. Do you?
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:54 am

Rhetoric is like a sword or a gun. Use it for good, not evil.

https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p ... c#p2858466

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:08 am

My suspicions go even deeper, though. I don't think commies deal in lies simply because they don't care if the end-result is a bunch of idiots.

I think it is because they suspect that they themselves are idiots, and lack the intelligence for truth.

They don't go the way they go because they are unambitious, but because it is the only way available to them.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:12 am

Meditate on this shit, Urwrong.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:16 am

And don't stress about secrecy, if you speak the truth it will go way over their heads.

It's like Chinese to the motherfuckers.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:57 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:And, obviously, the main problem with using lies to set up a society is that then you end up with a society of idiots.

So I'm not sure what you win in the end.

Commies don't mind. Do you?

Fight the fight, win it or lose it, and then we return back to Truth, the quicker the better.

Smears knows he's lying, most of the time. Sometimes he actually believes his own bullshit, which is pathetic.

I can't remember where I read/learned it, but somebody smart once said, Philosophers are a sign of the Apex of cultures/societies/civilizations, before the decay sets in.

Maybe they're right? Maybe Philosophy can only occur when a civilization scores a solid win, a couple world wars, then grows fat and lazy. But that time is ending rapidly.

Abundance cannot last forever; it turns into Austerity. Then Philosophy decays into Politics, which is what this forum has been doing the last 5-7 years anyway.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:00 am

T/O for a word from our sponsors:
https://youtu.be/KZ1EdG4fTlw

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:30 am

Well, like I said, good luck with it.

I'll be here, concerned about what is true and what isn't, and bothered by little else.

Also, philosophy is not executed by societies. It never has and never will. At best, communists delluded themselves and the world that it was.

Because righteous sons of bitches have been active, they have unknowingly been forced into a position where they now openly admit it isn't true, and that they themselves could not give a shit about what is true and what isn't.

If you were paying attention, and not inexplicably bothering yourself about the opinions of idiots, you would have noted the victory.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:14 am

For, verily, in order to even know what is true, one must care about it.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:31 am

I’m not sure who you’re talking to, Pedro, but that bit about doin stuff as a society… well. The first time I encountered the idea was in response to conversations regarding systemic racism and communal responsibility. Because it’s kind of like unwritten social contract theory where we all kinda bought into it and kept it going by not challenging it or whatever.

That starts at macro so it sort of boggles the mind how it works. Makes you feel like a bunch of ants acting as a mindless collective.

But unless you’re a hermit in a cave who is abandoned at birth and fed on the drippings of bats or something, then basically every decision you’ve made has been in community.

Societies didn’t used to be as big as they are now, but a natural way of forming social units gets digitized. It’s like we are running an efficient program.

It all goes back to a natural capacity for empathy.

When that gets exploited it causes alienation. When it functions well everyone does their part as far as they are able and nobody takes advantage of anybody else. If it pivots on the Golden Rule, nobody lets anybody else get away with exploiting anybody else. You can start calling things social labor and social wages and social yada yada.

Otherwise you’re stuck with alienated everything on steroids. Completely and efficiently digitized. We’re like almost there.

There’s no getting out from under that. I keep waiting for the moment we study that part but it never happens. It’s not possible. It would take an act of God - a worldwide revival where those at the top become those at the bottom by choice and everything sort of balances out. Pretty sure that’s not the revolution Marx envisioned. And from what I’ve read so far he did not think very highly of the proletariat. He seems to be thinking how best to exploit them or manipulate them to self-destruct. But like I said we still haven’t got to his end goal. Did he have one other than my assumptions… because it just seems like rumors to me so far. Point me in the right direction and I will “stand corrected” if I am incorrect.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:35 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Well, like I said, good luck with it.

I'll be here, concerned about what is true and what isn't, and bothered by little else.

Also, philosophy is not executed by societies. It never has and never will. At best, communists delluded themselves and the world that it was.

Because righteous sons of bitches have been active, they have unknowingly been forced into a position where they now openly admit it isn't true, and that they themselves could not give a shit about what is true and what isn't.

If you were paying attention, and not inexplicably bothering yourself about the opinions of idiots, you would have noted the victory.

The Baby Boomers and now Millennials have had their minds pumped full of Sludge-propaganda for decades now.

The lies didn't change; their method of propagation and degree of sophistication did change. Greater intelligence and adaptation is required out-maneuver them.

As the Liberal-Left-Democrats and their Commie-Marxist brethren get closer and closer to total power—what did they do? What do they do right now?

They throw all their previous 'morality', 'ethics', 'righteous' off and expose themselves. They never cared about...social justice...genocide...the holocaust...etc.

They cared about none of it.

On one hand, they were offered a $1,000,000.00 from the Chinese Communist Party.

On the other hand, they were offered Uyghur Moslem Death Camps and Organ Harvesting centers for the Han-Chinese Elite class.

They took the Million and ran; but we all see them; and we're catching up. Justice visits all Tyranny in the end.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:37 am

Ichthus77 wrote:everyone does their part as far as they are able and nobody takes advantage of anybody else.

What are you, a 16-year-old schoolgirl? Time to grow up Honey...

"Qui Bono??"
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:51 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:
Ichthus77 wrote:everyone does their part as far as they are able and nobody takes advantage of anybody else.

What are you, a 16-year-old schoolgirl? Time to grow up Honey...

"Qui Bono??"

You quoted me out of context. It doesn’t happen without enforced laws (agreements).

Problem we have is a failure of leadership.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat