Starting Civilization 2.0

This is the place to shave off that long white beard and stop being philosophical; a forum for members to just talk like normal human beings.

Starting Civilization 2.0

Postby denniskane » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:33 pm

I first started posting to ILP in 2005 (way back in the halycon days of the detrop/Dunamis dialectic).

In the video below, I set out a couple of axioms that hopefully will allow us to start the process of rebooting our civil society.

1) Modern techno-industrial civilization has hit its limits to growth and can now expect an extended downward phase until a new socio-political equilibrium has been reached based on a combination of population levels and living standards that can be supported by the constraints of the ecosystem.

2) Our universe can best be represented by something of a "big round guitar". The "strings" will vibrate in the form of 3D oscillators that look like the so-called electron clouds (1s, 2p, 3d, 4f, etc) that can be found in any undergraduate chemistry textbook, and must each conform to a hyperspherical universe. Since these are just waveforms that are piled atop each other, the superaddition principle can be used, and we can then apply a constraint of most perfect radial symmetry onto the composite universal waveform. Different shapes, frequencies and maximum oscillatory amplitudes will correspond to the different classes of elements of the universe: 1) gravity fields (like earth's), 2) chemical elements (like hydrogen), and 3) point-like particles (like electrons).

About me: I've been trying to inspire interesting discussions on college campuses for nearly 20 years. In 2011, I began to get recognition on the UCLA campus when I started holding peace signs (googling "the peace guy" should give you results about me). Then I came back to the city where I had been a college student in the early 90's. The student newspaper has written about me quite a few times, including a couple of major profiles.

In mid-2020, the social media channel "All Gas No Breaks" did a profile on me which has gotten millions of views. Very strangely, however, my face was apparently used to create a 1-second deep-fake video clip (at 1:02) of a wild green-haired person at the 2019 Burning Man festival. A snapshot from this clip is used as the avatar for the youtube video, shown below. In the clip is a frame with the guy holding a peace sign. This video was uploaded nearly a year before the interviewer (Andrew Callaghan) supposedly found out about me by hanging out in my town (Ethan Klein asked Andrew on the h3 podcast point-blank about how he found me). My claim is that he already knew about me due to all my public shenanigans beginning in 2011, and that I am consequently a much bigger deal than simply being a random interviewee would indicate.

I believe that all of the above factors give me the ability to make a rightful claim as regards starting up some kind of movement to reboot our deeply unsustainable mode of human coexistence.
denniskane

Re: Starting Civilization 2.0

Postby smhussein289 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:51 pm

How do I join? I go to UF and am a huge fan of yours. I genuinely believe you're one of the best minds on campus. I have had quite a few interesting conversations with you in the past.
smhussein289

Postby Sculptor » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:36 pm

I've just been reminded of a few phrases I'd not used for a while...

Mad as a brush.

Nutty as a packet of pecans.

Bonkers as a box of frogs..

Not sure which is the most apt, but whatever is best I do not think we are in any danger with any of this advice going towards a re-boot of civilisation.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby denniskane » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:17 pm

Explaining to my local minions on the ground about this website.

I really want to get a fruitful discussion going on here!
denniskane

Postby Destiny » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:54 pm

I like it but the place youre in seems to perfectly tranquil that its kind of ironic how its all about the end of civilization.

I think the problem is civilization is now stuck at being what it is and is never going to be able to change or disappear.
what if you hate you
Destiny

Return to Non-Philosophical Chat