If You're Listening To Music Right Now III

Share and discuss.

Re: If You're Listening To Music Right Now III

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:22 pm

_
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Meno_ » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:17 pm

Artimas wrote:
Wandering_Lands wrote:I was listening to this earlier in the day, before I went to work.

Now I'm listening to it again. Very good prog rock music!

Have to remove the s in https whenever you use youtube brackets. :) fuse had to tell me before as well.

While here is something may re late

https://youtu.be/IOmMZBZGBps

v

>
https://youtu.be/N1PPboID30kno

https://youtu.be/OJWJE0x7T4QNY

https://youtu.be/7X6Bm__88IQ
Last edited by Meno_ on Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:35 pm

_
An oldie but a goodie..

The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:15 am

MagsJ wrote:_
An oldie but a goodie..

3 blues + 3 yellows make= 3 greens

^^ ^^ ^[
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:37 pm

Meno_ wrote:3 blues + 3 yellows make= 3 greens
^^ ^^ ^

..depends whether you’re blending pigments or not.. if blending, then yes.. if not, then no it equals 6.

Also.. are we talking same shade of green or different shades of green? there are many differing shades of green, you know.. envy, being one of them.

Tho this:

The Colors of Anger, Envy, Fear, and Jealousy: A Cross-Cultural Study
Show all authors
Ralph B. Hupka, Zbigniew Zaleski, Jurgen Otto, , , , ...
First Published March 1, 1997 Research Article
https://doi.org/10.1177/0022022197282002
Article information
No Access
Abstract
Word associations or verbal synesthesia between concepts of color and emotions were studied in Gersnany, Mexico, Poland, Russia, and the United States. With emotion words as the between-subjects variable, 661 undergraduates indicated on 6-point scales to what extent anger, envy, fear, and jealousy reminded them of 12 terms of color. In all nations, the colors of anger were black and red, fear was black, and jealousy was red. Cross-cultural differences were (a) Poles connected anger, envy, and jealousy also with purple; (b) Germans associated envy and jealousy with yellow; and (c) Americans associated envy with black, green, and red, but for the Russians it was black, purple, and yellow. The findings suggest that cross-modal associations originate in universal human experiences and in culture-specific variables, such as language, mythology, and literature.

Tho.. to me, green signifies naivety, as in 'green like grass' ..similar to a new born lamb or a baby deer caught in the headlights of a car after dusk.

MagsJ

Postby Motor Daddy » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:06 am

Motor Daddy
Philosopher

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:32 am

Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:52 pm

Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:20 am

Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:26 am

Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:50 am

PROLOGUE
Vienna, 18th century. Backstage at the private theater in the house of the richest man in Vienna, preparations are in progress for the performance of a new opera seria, Ariadne auf Naxos. The major-domo enters to inform the music master that, immediately after the opera, an Italian comedy will be performed, followed by a fireworks display in the garden. The outraged music master replies that the composer, his young pupil, will never tolerate that, but the major-domo is unimpressed by his objections and leaves. When the composer appears, hoping for a last-minute rehearsal, a disdainful servant tells him that the musicians are still playing dinner music. Suddenly, the tenor rushes in from his dressing room, arguing with the wigmaker. The prima donna furiously comments on the presence of the comedy troupe and their leading lady, Zerbinetta. In the middle of the confusion, the major-domo returns with an announcement: In order for the fireworks to begin on time, the opera and the comedy are to be performed simultaneously.

General consternation soon gives way to practical reactions. The dancing master suggests cutting the opera’s score. The music master persuades the despairing composer to do so, while the two lead singers independently urge him to abridge the other’s part. Meanwhile, Zerbinetta gives her troupe a briefing on the opera’s plot. Ariadne, they are told, has been abandoned by her lover Theseus on the island of Naxos, where she now waits for death. Zerbinetta, however, claims that all Ariadne really needs is a new lover. When the composer vehemently disagrees, Zerbinetta begins to flirt with him. Suddenly, the young man finds new hope. Filled with love and enthusiasm for his work, he passionately declares music the greatest of all the arts. But when he catches sight of the comedians, ready to go on stage, he realizes with horror what he has agreed to. He blames the music master for the artistic debacle and runs off.

THE OPERA
The Ariadne myth tells how Prince Theseus of Athens set out for Crete to kill the Minotaur, a creature half man, half bull, who was concealed in a labyrinth. Princess Ariadne of Crete fell in love with Theseus and gave him a ball of thread that enabled him to find his way out of the labyrinth after he had killed the Minotaur. When Theseus left Crete, he took Ariadne with him as his bride. During their voyage home, they stopped at the island of Naxos. While Ariadne was asleep, Theseus slipped away and continued his journey to Athens without her. The opera Ariadne auf Naxos begins at this point.

Ariadne is alone in front of her cave. Three nymphs look on and lament her fate. Watching from the wings, the comedians are doubtful whether they will be able to cheer her up. Ariadne recalls her love for Theseus, then imagines herself as a chaste girl, awaiting death. Harlekin tries to divert her with a song, but Ariadne ignores him. As if in a trance, she resolves to await Hermes, messenger of death. He will take her to another world, where everything is pure. When the comedians’ efforts continue to fail, Zerbinetta finally addresses Ariadne directly, woman to woman, explaining to her the human need to change an old love for a new. Insulted, Ariadne leaves. After Zerbinetta has finished her speech, her colleagues leap back onto the scene, competing for her attention. Zerbinetta gives in to Harlekin’s comic protestations of love and the comedians exit.

The nymphs announce the approach of a ship: It carries the young god Bacchus, who has escaped the enchantress Circe. Bacchus’s voice is heard in the distance, and Ariadne prepares to greet her visitor, whom she thinks must be death at last. When he appears, she at first mistakes him for Theseus come back to her, but he majestically proclaims his godhood. Entranced by Ariadne’s beauty, Bacchus tells her that he would sooner see the stars vanish than give her up. Reconciled to a new existence, Ariadne joins Bacchus as they ascend to the heavens. Zerbinetta sneaks in to have the last word: “When a new god comes along, we’re dumbstruck.”
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:51 am

PROLOGUE
Vienna, 18th century. Backstage at the private theater in the house of the richest man in Vienna, preparations are in progress for the performance of a new opera seria, Ariadne auf Naxos. The major-domo enters to inform the music master that, immediately after the opera, an Italian comedy will be performed, followed by a fireworks display in the garden. The outraged music master replies that the composer, his young pupil, will never tolerate that, but the major-domo is unimpressed by his objections and leaves. When the composer appears, hoping for a last-minute rehearsal, a disdainful servant tells him that the musicians are still playing dinner music. Suddenly, the tenor rushes in from his dressing room, arguing with the wigmaker. The prima donna furiously comments on the presence of the comedy troupe and their leading lady, Zerbinetta. In the middle of the confusion, the major-domo returns with an announcement: In order for the fireworks to begin on time, the opera and the comedy are to be performed simultaneously.

General consternation soon gives way to practical reactions. The dancing master suggests cutting the opera’s score. The music master persuades the despairing composer to do so, while the two lead singers independently urge him to abridge the other’s part. Meanwhile, Zerbinetta gives her troupe a briefing on the opera’s plot. Ariadne, they are told, has been abandoned by her lover Theseus on the island of Naxos, where she now waits for death. Zerbinetta, however, claims that all Ariadne really needs is a new lover. When the composer vehemently disagrees, Zerbinetta begins to flirt with him. Suddenly, the young man finds new hope. Filled with love and enthusiasm for his work, he passionately declares music the greatest of all the arts. But when he catches sight of the comedians, ready to go on stage, he realizes with horror what he has agreed to. He blames the music master for the artistic debacle and runs off.

THE OPERA
The Ariadne myth tells how Prince Theseus of Athens set out for Crete to kill the Minotaur, a creature half man, half bull, who was concealed in a labyrinth. Princess Ariadne of Crete fell in love with Theseus and gave him a ball of thread that enabled him to find his way out of the labyrinth after he had killed the Minotaur. When Theseus left Crete, he took Ariadne with him as his bride. During their voyage home, they stopped at the island of Naxos. While Ariadne was asleep, Theseus slipped away and continued his journey to Athens without her. The opera Ariadne auf Naxos begins at this point.

Ariadne is alone in front of her cave. Three nymphs look on and lament her fate. Watching from the wings, the comedians are doubtful whether they will be able to cheer her up. Ariadne recalls her love for Theseus, then imagines herself as a chaste girl, awaiting death. Harlekin tries to divert her with a song, but Ariadne ignores him. As if in a trance, she resolves to await Hermes, messenger of death. He will take her to another world, where everything is pure. When the comedians’ efforts continue to fail, Zerbinetta finally addresses Ariadne directly, woman to woman, explaining to her the human need to change an old love for a new. Insulted, Ariadne leaves. After Zerbinetta has finished her speech, her colleagues leap back onto the scene, competing for her attention. Zerbinetta gives in to Harlekin’s comic protestations of love and the comedians exit.

The nymphs announce the approach of a ship: It carries the young god Bacchus, who has escaped the enchantress Circe. Bacchus’s voice is heard in the distance, and Ariadne prepares to greet her visitor, whom she thinks must be death at last. When he appears, she at first mistakes him for Theseus come back to her, but he majestically proclaims his godhood. Entranced by Ariadne’s beauty, Bacchus tells her that he would sooner see the stars vanish than give her up. Reconciled to a new existence, Ariadne joins Bacchus as they ascend to the heavens. Zerbinetta sneaks in to have the last word: “When a new god comes along, we’re dumbstruck.”
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:06 pm

_
My money don’t jiggle jiggle, it folds. :lol: jiggle jiggle, I’d like to see you.. wiggle; jiggle jiggle, I’d like to see you.. wiggle wiggle. :D

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:28 pm

_
Sunday evening party vibes.. come on.

MagsJ

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:48 am

Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:25 pm

Sculptor is a big meanie head.

MagsJ eats lovers of inquiry for breakfast.

Iambiguous is obsessed with ecmandu, meno and her.

Arcturus Rising is two syllables short of a haiku d’etat.
Ichthus77
Philosopher

Postby Ben JS » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:24 pm

Alanis Morissette - Thank U
https://youtu.be/DDp6F_Baf5I

Growth, appreciation and care.

-
Nujabes - Thank You (Feat. Apani B.)
https://youtu.be/Jp9tjYH4lJ4

Which reminds me of this song.
Love and gratitude for art and it's audience -
music, writing, performance & sharing.

-
EDIT: fixed links.
Last edited by Ben JS on Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly known as: Joe Schmoe

As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison. [...] For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others. - Mandela

Compassion is the wish to see others free from suffering. - Dalai Lama

I can do no other than be reverent before everything that is called life. I can do no other than to have compassion for all that is called life. That is the beginning and the foundation of all ethics. - Schweitzer

If you have any sense my friend, don't plant anything but Love. - Rumi

To love is not to ask anything in return, not even to feel that you are giving something- and it is only such love that can know freedom. - Krishnamurti

We are one, after all, you and I, together we suffer, together exist and forever will recreate each other. - Chardin

Ben JS
Human Being

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:13 am

Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:39 am

Meno_ wrote:https://youtu.be/IHXK9glwFBg

https://youtu.be/4JkIs37a2JE
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:46 am

Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:59 am

Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby origami » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:50 am

There's no one thing that's true. It's all true.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Thinker

Postby Ben JS » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:45 am

Fear Factory - Expiration Date
https://youtu.be/Wa3Zt_YPaIA

Song affirming our humanity and facing mortality.
Final song on album, afterwhich longtime vocalist hung up his hat.

-
Nujabes - Luv(sic) [ft. Shing02] (1-6)
https://youtu.be/wGfguhnvECc

Nujabes was an artist who created instrumental tracks and would often collaborate with others that did the vocals.
The above is a mix of all the tracks featuring the rapper Shing02.
All the songs revolve around love and different facets of it, between romantic and platonic love / affection. (Also death...)
Nujabes died in a car crash and Shing02 completed the final two songs after his death.

-
Anathema - Endless Ways
https://youtu.be/GEbv8XGnz3k

Fractured love, and the longing to restore the dreams of what could be.

As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison. [...] For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others. - Mandela

I can do no other than be reverent before everything that is called life. I can do no other than to have compassion for all that is called life. That is the beginning and the foundation of all ethics. - Schweitzer

To love is not to ask anything in return, not even to feel that you are giving something- and it is only such love that can know freedom. - Krishnamurti

We are one, after all, you and I, together we suffer, together exist and forever will recreate each other. - Chardin

Ben JS
Human Being

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:03 pm

_
On today’s playlist..

MagsJ

Postby Ben JS » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:35 pm

MagsJ wrote:[Croosh - R.I.P.]

Speaking of X: not to glorify suicide [made that mistake already], but.. -

XXXTENTACION - Jocelyn Flores
https://youtu.be/7XhwUbf_O9g

-
$uicideboy$ - Kill Yourself Part III
https://youtu.be/zTYLysnCDDs

Each self explanatory.

[Catchy, resonant and potentially really damaging.]

Ben JS
Human Being

PreviousNext

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment