Matrix Resurrections

Share and discuss.

Matrix Resurrections

Postby WW_III_ANGRY » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:15 pm

Definitely not the same vibe as the first three movies. This seemed to be making fun of itself a bit, and that's fine. This movie was made with nostalgia as it's primary reason it seems. This does a fairly decent job of following the story, and suspending disbelief is necessary, or at least continue being in a state of bewilderment while following the plot.

This is more of a love story than the focus on what reality is like for humanity, but it does hint at that. I found myself wanting the lore of the old movies to be more touched on but I suppose the attempt was reasonable. It is, after all, just a movie this finale makes us more aware of that than any of the other movies. The musical score was lacking as well. I may have given it a 7 out of 10 stars because I am a fan, but it might have gotten lower without that. Yes, it's not necessarily the direction I would want for this movie, but I couldn't guarantee anything better myself. Somewhat cheesy... somewhat tear jerky... it's hard to say if this would be a movie best left not being made, but maybe... maybe not
WW_III_ANGRY
Philosopher

Re: Matrix Resurrections

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:41 pm

my thoughts here. and others’. join us?

https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p ... 8f59da1d51
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment