My latest illustration

Share and discuss.

My latest illustration

Postby Flannel Jesus » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:03 am

instagram.jpg
instagram.jpg (409.05 KiB) Viewed 417 times

Thought I'd share this, it was just for fun. Prompt was Cycle, I chose my favorite cyclical object - a mobius strip.
Flannel Jesus
For Your Health

Re: My latet illustration

Postby Dan~ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:02 am

I checked out the pic.
However, no comments came to mind.
Thanks for uploading, though.
I like http://www.accuradio.com , internet radio.
https://dannerz.itch.io/ -- a new and minimal webside now hosting my free game projects.
ImageImage
Truth is based in sensing, in vision. And we can only see when we are alive.
Dan~
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:04 pm

_
Nice colour scheme.. turquoise and ochre.

The Universe may well be lemniscated-torus or klein shaped. If so, life really could be one big rollercoaster ride.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Flannel Jesus » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:31 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
Nice colour scheme.. turquoise and ochre.

The Universe may well be lemniscated-torus or klein shaped. If so, life really could be one big rollercoaster ride.

Thank you. The turquoise ended up getting added in by accident. A happy accident
Flannel Jesus
For Your Health

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:32 pm

_
How does One go about accidentally adding turquoise, to an otherwise turquoiseless schema? 8-[
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:34 pm

_
Nice shading.. what drawing app do you use and how do you create the images.. a stylus?

I might give digital drawing a try -to regain my lost perspectivism- before I return to drawing the old-fashioned way. I think I've got’a drawing in me some where. :-s

MagsJ

Postby Flannel Jesus » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:39 pm

I use Photoshop on a pc. I have a cintiq tablet. Definitely considering trying other digital painting software though, I'm just most comfortable with Photoshop
Flannel Jesus
For Your Health

Re: My latest illustration

Postby Flannel Jesus » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:51 am

I think I called this one "finished" too soon. I'm not happy with how I left the clouds. Too late though, it's is there now. It was a fun experiment regardless
Flannel Jesus
For Your Health

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:32 pm

I like it because it isn’t what you expect. It arrests you and keeps your gaze, because it is unexpected. The möbius sun is in front, making the sky gold instead of the earth. The sky is pushed into the clouds. It has lost its ground completely - there can be no up.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Flannel Jesus » Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:48 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:I like it because it isn’t what you expect. It arrests you and keeps your gaze, because it is unexpected. The möbius sun is in front, making the sky gold instead of the earth. The sky is pushed into the clouds. It has lost its ground completely - there can be no up.

Nice, sweet interpretation.
Flannel Jesus
For Your Health

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:17 pm

aka

Houston, we have a problem. The ground has disappeared. We have no lift off. We hover over an abyss.

(This image self-destructs.)
Last edited by Ichthus77 on Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:41 pm

But they are connected by invisibility. Please auto destruct this selfsame any allusion to reality.

Nice Work !
Meno_
The Invisible One

Return to Art, Music, and Entertainment