Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: Desperate Degenerate Support Group

Postby iambiguous » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:41 pm

Yo, Satyr!

Are we going to tangle -- here or there -- or not?

You know, if only to entertain Mr. Reasonable. Or, as he is known in your neck of the woods, Shit Smears. 8)
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:46 pm

lorikeet is in the house!
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:18 pm

Omg this is so exciting
promethean75
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:10 pm

Lol
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby iambiguous » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:59 pm

Nope, he's gone: Bing [Bot], derleydoo, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], WendyDarling

Of course, no one is more bitterly disappointed than I am.

Well, maybe Shit Smears. 8)

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:36 pm

_
Um.. :-s

In total there are 8 users online :: 6 registered and 2 hidden (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Registered users: AbrahamicCuck, Bing [Bot], d63, Google [Bot], Peter Kropotkin, WendyDarling

Total posts 1228128 • Total topics 48333 • Total members 7282 • Our newest member AbrahamicCuck
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. - MagsJ
I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something at some point in time.. Huh! - MagsJ
You’re suggestions and I, just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a really bad DJ - MagsJ
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:38 pm

iambiguous wrote:Yo, Satyr!

Are we going to tangle -- here or there -- or not?

You know, if only to entertain Mr. Reasonable. Or, as he is known in your neck of the woods, Shit Smears. 8)

i cant believe that after all these years he still thinks about me. its good to know that i left a big impression on him.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby Mr Reasonable » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:43 pm

imabig if you think that im interesting you should probably get out more

Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby iambiguous » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:46 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:imabig if you think that im interesting you should probably get out more

That isn't my point of, course. My point is the extent to which you think of yourself as the man every woman wants and the man every other man wants to be: "Look at me! Envy me! Don't you wish you could be me?!"

Only, given my own fractured and fragmented self here, that in and of itself can only be a hopelessly subjective reaction of mine rooted existentially in dasein.

On the other hand, that's the reason I created this thread. To explore human identity in regard to value judgments as more or less within the reach of philosophy itself.

And, I suspect, that would never be of interest to those who come here mostly to "yak, yak, yak".

Again, over at KT, Satyr's own clique/claque would be all about exploring human identity and value judgments philosophically. No social media chit-chat there. But you would have to be "one of us" there to be allowed to discuss it in the agora.

Only now, even in the POLITEIA [where I believe the dungeon once existed] I'm greeted with this:

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:50 pm

The latest from the Desperate Degenerate thread:

satyr wrote: It must be the confusion Nietzsche produced in men-children with his transvaluation of values, but degenerates of all stripes are obsessed with the cocnept...in a post-Abrahamic god era.
I mean that's what we call nihilism.

Words have lost their meaning leaving men-children in a confused state of existential limbo, some declaring themselves god creator of values - and others unable to make sense of what "values" mean or how to determine them.
When the meaning of words comes from text, then when the text is debunked or contradicted then there's no way to establish what words mean or what their original utility was, before the people of the book, by the book, for the book, "revolutionized law" with Mosaic tablet found in the desert.

satyr wrote: BLAH BLAH BLAH

ON STEROIDS!!!

Seriously, this latest post from him has surely got to be one of the most obtuse, densely packed intellectual contraptions ever posted on a philosophy board.

And that's saying a lot!!!

On the other hand, there might be members here who still defend what I construe to be pedantic drivel of this sort.

So, you tell me how it is applicable to your own life when confronting moral and and political values from others at odds with your own. Explain how it all "creates a noetic triangle, with the subject at the first angle, the peak of the triangles, no mat[t]er how you rotate it." And how, "[t]his noetic triangulation is how values are evaluated."

As opposed to, say, value ontology or RM/AO? 8)

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Sculptor » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:51 pm

iambiguous wrote:The latest from the Desperate Degenerate thread:

satyr wrote: It must be the confusion Nietzsche produced in men-children with his transvaluation of values, but degenerates of all stripes are obsessed with the cocnept...in a post-Abrahamic god era.

Words have lost their meaning leaving men-children in a confused state of existential limbo, some declaring themselves god creator of values - and others unable to make sense of what "values" mean or how to determine them.
When the meaning of words comes from text, then when the text is debunked or contradicted then there's no way to establish what words mean or what their original utility was, before the people of the book, by the book, for the book, "revolutionized law" with Mosaic tablet found in the desert.

ON STEROIDS!!!

Seriously, this latest post from him has surely got to be one of the most obtuse, densely packed intellectual contraptions ever posted on a philosophy board.

On the other hand, there might be members here who still defend what I construe to be pedantic drivel of this sort.

So, you tell me how it is applicable to your own life when confronting moral and and political values from others at odds with your own. Explain how it all "creates a noetic triangle, with the subject at the first angle, the peak of the triangles, no mat[t]er how you rotate it." And how, "[t]his noetic triangulation is how values are evaluated."

And how do you feel about killing people trying to defend their country against a foreign invader?

Have you ever been back?

And do you accept that the US lost that war?
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby iambiguous » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:02 am

Sculptor wrote:
iambiguous wrote:The latest from the Desperate Degenerate thread:

ON STEROIDS!!!

And how do you feel about killing people trying to defend their country against a foreign invader?

Have you ever been back?

And do you accept that the US lost that war?

Like I said: He's cracking up before us!!!

URGENT!!!

Any lawyers in the house?

Can I be held criminally liable if I do finally drive him over the edge? Should I just assume a "condition" and put him on ignore like ecmandu? 8)

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:14 am

bro are you ok this is not normal behavior

Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Postby iambiguous » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:06 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:bro are you ok this is not normal behavior

Here of course he is doing his damnedest to turn this into just another one of his yak yak yak attacks.

One line at a time as it were.

On the other hand, this is the sandbox. Philosophy for kids as it were. 8)

iambiguous
ILP Legend

Postby iambiguous » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:54 pm

Satyr wrote:If anyone is interested in witnessing how a desperate degenerate, committed to Marxism, understands language, then read Kropotkin's latest contributions on the ILP cesspool.
"1+1=2" is "meaningless"...maybe capitalistic power imposing upon the proletariats innocence.
This imbecile does not understand what language is....nor why it evolved and what is its utility.

That's not the point though.

The point is this:

1] would Satyr be willing to allow K to discuss and debate him in the agora? And, if so, how long would K be given to accept that only Satyr can ever be correct about Marxism before he comes to KT and encounters this: