Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:59 am

Aventador:
But none of this ever happened. To you, anyway.

And to promethean, I am sorry guy, but going to war is the kind of thing that changes you in a way that you cannot "guess" and use as a metaphorical example. A real man would say "imagine a soldier getting back from Vietnam..." But then, obviously, people would pounce on him for the daring.

If he didn't actually go to Vietnam, and he didn't, his whole thing collapses. That is why he has taken the accusation to heart to this extent.

Beside the fact that it really is a slap in the face to all the people that did actually go through something requiring that level of manliness.

Alright, sayonara. See you around, iambiguous.[/quote]

K: the real question is this, why does this bother Advent so much?
Why does he care so much about his "belief" that Iam didn't go to Vietnam....

it really isn't a fact that would require one to overreact in such a manner unless,
unless this fact that IAM did go to Vietnam means that Avent has questioned
his own courage.... to go to war means to have courage... something that Advent
seems not to have...I have read that children in their twenties don't believe
that Helen Keller wasn't blind or deaf.. but why have such a curious belief?
I believe that people don't want to believe that Helen Keller was blind and deaf
because it makes them look bad.. look at what she could do blind and deaf that
people who are "Normal" can't do....it is envy and jealousy that drives such
strange beliefs..... Avent has envy and is jealous of IAM for going to Vietnam
because it is something that Advent doesn't have the courage to do himself.....

it exposes Advent for being weak.. as he is...for Advent to attack IAM
one this particular grounds, means that Advent has some serious issues to work out....

as for me, I am quite a bit older then Advent, and the stories IAM tell of Vietnam
strike a cord with me because I have heard it before from other Vets...for I missed
Vietnam by just a couple of years.. and the fact is I was born 4-F.. unable to serve no
matter what....but I have heard the stories and they are similar to what IAM has told....

so if Advent continue to attack IAM on this point, means he has the issues, and
they are some serious issues to attack someone about serving in a war.....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9820
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:07 am

Aventador wrote:
I hope this is some kind of joke. You must read very selectively. This whole thread is one big ad hom.


I gave you ample opportunity to go beyond the huffing and puffing. Here and elsewhere.

And this...

It would appear to be futile [for me] to engage him -- let alone in philosophy -- until we come closer to this part:

"...someday he might finally confront whatever or whoever turned him into a fulminating fanatic in exchanges with me. And, perhaps, be able to engage in a substantive exchange with me without configuring into the feckless fool he becomes.

Something has clearly pissed him off in life. Something that compels him to come into places like this and, with me, vent!!! Thus it seems [to me] that he needs to make scapegoats of those he construes to be part of whatever he is outraged about. But what is it? And how did it come about?

And why me? Why not others?

Wouldn't that be far more fascinating to explore than the 'substance' of his rants?"


...is what still intrigues me most about you in Stooge mode.

You'll either grapple with this yourself or you won't.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 42174
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:09 am

it's so weird that you just go on and on in this loop calling everyone names all the time i mean aren't you like a senior citizen? do better.
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 29637
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:52 am

Aventador wrote:But none of this ever happened. To you, anyway.

If he didn't actually go to Vietnam, and he didn't, his whole thing collapses. That is why he has taken the accusation to heart to this extent.

Beside the fact that it really is a slap in the face to all the people that did actually go through something requiring that level of manliness.


Really, how can I not be mystified as why it is so important to him to claim that I was never in the United States Army...and that I never served in Vietnam. When straight from my DD214: "ref item 22c: VIETNAM 27APR69 to 4APR70" .

Two things I still remember vividly about my last day there. I was helicoptered down from Song Be to my base camp at Pho Loi. I walked into the barracks and I couldn't believe my eyes. There standing before me was Gary Crigger.

Who was he? Well, only the husband of my sister.

Finally, there I am at the Tan Son Nhut Air Base. Outside the hanger is that "freedom bird" that would take me and all the others "back to the world". An officer then warned us that there were many things that we could not take on board. But he assured us that if we took those things from our duffel bags and put them in the barrels -- boxes? tables? -- in the back, we would not be held up. I still recall the things that I very, very reluctantly left behind..

Only it was all a scam. They never had any intention of busting anyone. We were just ordered to pack up our things and head for the plane.

Anyway, surely if Aventador had some way to actually demonstrate that I was never there, no one would be more fascinated to hear it than me. I know I was there but, well, what if that is all just "in my head". And he can prove it!!

Instead, it all seems to revolve around what he just knows is true about soldiers and war. My guess: nothing.

Or, if he does know a lot first hand, I'll ask him, as I once did of our very own unflushable Turd, to share it with me. And not just the part about the medals.

And this thing about "masculinity". Apparently the very thought that I might be more of what he construes a man should be is simply beyond his willingness to accept.

On the other hand, I was drafted. And yet, the Army scammed me into changing my service number into one that started with RA.

But that's for another thread.

Finally, what collapses if I didn't go to Vietnam, is the man I am today. Had I not met Mac and the others, I might have stayed a devout Christian and a staunch conservative. And [shudder to think] be just another right wing fulminating fanatic here.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 42174
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:03 am

Mr Reasonable wrote:it's so weird that you just go on and on in this loop calling everyone names all the time i mean aren't you like a senior citizen? do better.


Come on, we've been over this time and again. Note an exchange I have had with anyone here in which I was the one that started in on huffing and puffing.

Also, sift through a few of the posts I contribute here...

https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=170060
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 8&t=195930
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 8&t=196100
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 8&t=196110
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=175121
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=195600
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=176529
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 5&t=185296
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=175006
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 5&t=186929
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=195614
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=195964
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 5&t=185296
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=194382

...and note where that is the case.

Look, if you wish for me to continue to spin you around and around let's go back here: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... &start=550

You're up:

Mr Reasonable wrote:
iambiguous wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:bro are you ok this is not normal behavior


Here of course he is doing his damnedest to turn this into just another one of his yak yak yak attacks.

One line at a time as it were.

On the other hand, this is the sandbox. Philosophy for kids as it were. 8)



it really is not normal behavior though


iambiguous wrote:Yes, it's true that in today's world "normal behavior" more or less revolves around turning everything into a "social media" experience. Why should philosophy forums be any different?

Note to Satyr:

Come on, get on Shit Smears bandwagon and create your own poop thread there.

Again, here's how he got the ball rolling at ILP:

I'm sitting on my couch, watching a video of the alabama/lsu game while smoking a bong and waiting for chinese food to be delivered. I was thinking of getting someone over here to clean the place. This is usually what I'm doing, I've seen this game about 130-140 times now. Or I'm in the bathroom someplace, bored and using my phone to post on message boards while I poop.

Good luck with it. After all, if this doesn't embarrass him here why should it embarrass you there?

Really, it's all perfectly normal now!!
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 42174
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby Mr Reasonable » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:32 am

it just seems like youve been a bit manic over this last few weeks and you seem really stressed out
You see...a pimp's love is very different from that of a square.


Dating a stripper is like eating a noisy bag of chips in church. Everyone looks at you in disgust, but deep down they want some too.
User avatar
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian
 
Posts: 29637
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:54 am
Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby phyllo » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:52 pm

Come on, we've been over this time and again. Note an exchange I have had with anyone here in which I was the one that started in on huffing and puffing.
Well, there is this thread.

Which you started with :
I have never put anyone on ignore. So I would certainly not start with an intellectual pipsqueak like you.
...
Here however we can explore more fully why I have been able to reduce you down to being just another of my Stooges.
...
Or, sure, you can continue to make a fool out of yourself when "thumping" me with your astounding "wit" all on your own.

Oh, sure, you can rationalize it as defending yourself from an attack that someone else started in another thread.

But you could have let it die. You could have walked away.

Instead, you started a new thread which attacks him in the OP.
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12486
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby Aventador » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:34 pm

iambiguous wrote:Look, I'm not complaining about what he calls me. It's just that he puts so little thought into it, it is a disgrace even to ad-homs.


I think this makes two firsts:

1st on ignore list, and 1st to call in cavalry for.

Niahaha ok iam, we'll call it a tko.

Kind friend.
Aventador
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:34 am


Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:27 pm

Mr Reasonable wrote:it just seems like youve been a bit manic over this last few weeks and you seem really stressed out


Sure, maybe. Or maybe not.

I always come back to the manner in which I still don't fully grasp how this observation from Nicholas Urfe regarding Maurice Conchis...

"He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest."

...is applicable to me. I sense intuitively, viscerally it is very much applicable. But given the manner in which I construe "I" here as an existential fabrication rooted in countless variables -- going back to my birth -- I can never fully understand or control, I can never really be certain.

Perhaps you might be willing to discuss this further with me yourself. On the philosophy board for example.

Or, sure, in the Rant House. I can always entertain myself with another Stooge. 8)
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 42174
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:42 pm

iambiguous:
..."is applicable to me. I sense intuitively, viscerally it is very much applicable. But given the manner in which I construe "I" here as an existential fabrication rooted in countless variables -- going back to my birth -- I can never fully understand or control, I can never really be certain."

K: I see this as part of the modern condition... we can never be sure about our beliefs
and how they pertain to us.... what is my own personal role in capitalism? I seem to
only exists to create profits for capitalism which certainly doesn't go to me, but it
goes to upper management and stockholders... I get barely enough wages to survive,
just barely....how does that make working in capitalism worth it?

but the modern condition is more then just understanding
our working conditions... it is the fact that we are isolated
and separated from ourselves, our fellow human beings and
the society at large... hence I hold that we are all, every single one of us,
existing exactly as IAM is....fractured and isolated and fragmented...
the only difference is that IAM can see his fractured and fragmented self..
the ones who attack IAM are simply blind people who haven't seen or
have rejected their fractured and fragmented selves....

IAM is the modern man because he can see his current state..
in other words, he has followed Socrates better then anyone else
around here.... he has engaged in the Socratic maxims better then
anyone else...

to know thyself and the unexamined life isn't worth living.....

he at least knows he is fracture and fragmented... the others around
here don't have a clue...... and that is what worth fighting for......
to discover what it means to be a modern human being,,
and that means discovering that the modern state of being human is
to be fractured and fragmented.... that is what the modern human being faces...

and how do we escape this modern state of being fractured and fragmented?

that is the question that IAM is asking... what does it take to escape being a modern
man... how does one escape being fractured and fragmented? I too am fractured
and fragmented as are you..... but at least I know my current state....
I am aware of, I have followed Socrates in his maxim, to know thyself...
have you?

IAM is aware of being modern... are you equally aware of being fragmented
and fractured?

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9820
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:51 pm

Come on, we've been over this time and again. Note an exchange I have had with anyone here in which I was the one that started in on huffing and puffing.


phyllo wrote: Well, there is this thread.


On the contrary. This thread only exist because Pedro/Aventador followed me to Maia's dream thread in order to pursue this obsession he has with "getting" me.

phyllo wrote: Which you started with :
I have never put anyone on ignore. So I would certainly not start with an intellectual pipsqueak like you.
...
Here however we can explore more fully why I have been able to reduce you down to being just another of my Stooges.
...
Or, sure, you can continue to make a fool out of yourself when "thumping" me with your astounding "wit" all on your own.


All of which exist only because of his obsession [as a Stooge] with turning this all into a parody, a mockery of me. In other words, of his own existential rendition of "I" rooted in dasein. Hell, you yourself sometimes play the Stooge here out to make it all about me...to "get" me. Doesn't any of it sound familiar?

Oh, sure, you can rationalize it as defending yourself from an attack that someone else started in another thread.


phyllo wrote:But you could have let it die. You could have walked away.

Instead, you started a new thread which attacks him in the OP.


Yeah, I noted to felixdacat that I use these defense mechanisms too.

And, sure, I can walk away from all of my Stooges here.

But where's the fun in that?!!
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 42174
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby Aventador » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:00 pm

iambiguous wrote:On the contrary. This thread only exist because Pedro/Aventador followed me to Maia's dream thread in order to pursue this obsession he has with "getting" me.


It was done so you could get Dan~. It's fine though, you can dish it out but you can't take it, we all know what you are made of now.

What I mean, Dan~, of course, is that he is made of gold and beauty.

And is NOT a punk.
Aventador
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:34 am

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby Aventador » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:06 pm

And, you know, for whatever the record may be worth, because this fine fellow has the beauty to mention obsession and the Maia thread I so rudely intersected, this I believe is the last thing that person wrote in that thread she started.

Maia wrote:
iambiguous wrote:
Maia wrote:I've already asked you once to stop posting on my thread. If you want to talk about that stuff, start your own.

And just to make it very clear, the reason I stopped talking to you was because of your quite shocking reaction, as if I had wronged you in some way, when I informed you that I wanted to continue our conversation wholly in private, by email (which I don't any more, by the way).

Furthermore, since you have no actual questions, what's the point of going on about it, going round in circles?


As I noted above...

Now that I'm interested in it, it becomes one more facet of my own exploration into the manner in which I construe human identity as an existential manifestation of dasein. As with all the other subjects on all of the other threads I have begun here at ILP. And since I have created many, many posts on this thread in which to further that exploration, it never occurred to me to start a whole other thread.


So, no, I'm not going to start a new thread. That, from my frame of mind, would be ridiculous.

Look, if you want, contact Carleas and ask him to lock the thread. That way I would be unable to respond further with my own insights here. Again, there are just so many things in this world that can become "beyond my control".

Also, ask yourself what prompts you to react to my posts as you do. I have my own suspicions, but I will keep them to myself.


There was a time, a few weeks ago, when I was considering inviting other blind people to this forum, and this thread, to give you more perspectives. But definitely not any more, not after your reaction.

What you want, as you have said above, is for a whole bunch of blind people to describe their dreams and experiences to you, presumably every day, and if they ever stopped doing so, you would get angry, and fling accusations at them, as you did with me. But since you have no actual questions, it would be up to them to come up with something interesting each time, while you contributed nothing.

I call that voyeuristic, perhaps even fetishistic, and certainly obsessive. And the fact that you had no interest in pursuing our conversation in private, shows just how much you actually valued any "virtual friendship" with me.

So, if you have any common decency, I ask again, stop posting in my thread.



See you out there, kid.
Aventador
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:34 am

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby phyllo » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:08 pm

On the contrary. This thread only exist because Pedro/Aventador followed me to Maia's dream thread in order to pursue this obsession he has with "getting" me.
This thread exists because you chose to create it.
Hell, you yourself sometimes play the Stooge here out to make it all about me...to "get" me.
I'm not here to get you. I'm here to show you some of the things that you are doing. If you see them, then you might understand why some people stop interacting with you. And once you understand, then you could adjust and have better interactions.
And, sure, I can walk away from all of my Stooges here.

But where's the fun in that?!!
If that's your idea of fun ...

If that's what you want ...

Then don't change anything.
phyllo
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 12486
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:10 pm

Again, since I "noted to others" that I would no longer respond to the fly on Maia's dream thread, I'll bring his "specks" here:

Curly-Joe wrote:
never went to Vietnam wrote:But with more intimate relationships -- with lovers -- I was never really able to get much beyond this actual need for them to share my passions.


Curly-Joe wrote:Excruciating. There's more.


Curly-Joe wrote:I think you better call Dan~, iambiguous, I have a real treasure trove here.

Holy hell.

Unless, of course, I am on the infamous 'ignore list.'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Now, either he will finally discuss why he is so obsessed with "getting" me or he won't. After all, what on earth does motivate him to follow me around and around and deposit these "droppings"?

Also, there's this:

Maia has begun a new thread. And our friend here is now in a discussion with her: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 3&t=197132

Now, I will not myself participate in any new exchanges with her. She prefers that I don't and I fully respect that.

But where is Aventador -- Pedro? -- going here? Is he really interested in ancient matriarchal civilizations? Or, perhaps, something altogether different?
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 42174
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Curly-Joe wrote:
iambiguous wrote:On the contrary. This thread only exist because Pedro/Aventador followed me to Maia's dream thread in order to pursue this obsession he has with "getting" me.


It was done so you could get Dan~. It's fine though, you can dish it out but you can't take it, we all know what you are made of now.

What I mean, Dan~, of course, is that he is made of gold and beauty.

And is NOT a punk.


First this...

Notice that he is now using "iambiguous" in quoting me. No references to the chump who never went to Vietnam. So, is he finally admitting that he actually does not have any, say, "hard evidence" to dispute my claim? Could this at least be a start for him in coming back to reality?

On the other hand, how "unreal" can his claim about me and Dan be? What does his point even mean?!!

I'm sorry [for him] but this is getting closer and closer to a "condition"!
Last edited by iambiguous on Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 42174
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby Aventador » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:19 pm

never went to Vietnam wrote:Now, I will not myself participate in any new exchanges with her. She prefers that I don't and I fully respect that.


Good then, it took some doing, but if this is the case you should no longer be running into me.

Unless, of course, it enters your pretty little head again that it might be a good idea to fuck with me.

Your beautiful golden butthole is my belonging now.
Aventador
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:34 am

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby Aventador » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:21 pm

As pertains to this very handsome, non-ad-hominem thread, all I was really asking was for proof of the assertion this fine gentleman bases every argument he makes on.

The insults were just tit for tat. But I guess only 'Never went to Vietnam' here gets to insult people. On the other hand, that does make the playing field slightly more fair.
Aventador
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:34 am

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby Aventador » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:27 pm

What else you got to say, fine gentleman?
Aventador
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:34 am

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby Aventador » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:29 pm

And, yeah, it's obvious to everyone here that this fine gentleman never set foot in Vietnam.

Even his friends and supporters basically said that, even though he never went there (because it is obvious), it is more of a rhetorical device that they defend as legitimate.

My good man.
Aventador
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:34 am

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby Aventador » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:29 pm

What else do you have to say, good man?
Aventador
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:34 am

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:45 pm

Phyllo wrote:
On the contrary. This thread only exist because Pedro/Aventador followed me to Maia's dream thread in order to pursue this obsession he has with "getting" me.
This thread exists because you chose to create it.


Right. I am attempting to seriously explore the existential relationship between sense deprivation, identity and dasein on Maia's thread and this Stooge comes barreling into it dropping his inane "specks" over and again.

As though if it was a serious thread that you were sustaining and someone did the same thing you would just shrug it off.

And, sure, maybe you would. But then, among other things, you're not me.

Hell, you yourself sometimes play the Stooge here out to make it all about me...to "get" me.


Phyllo wrote: I'm not here to get you. I'm here to show you some of the things that you are doing. If you see them, then you might understand why some people stop interacting with you. And once you understand, then you could adjust and have better interactions.


Look, as I attempted to explain above, for reasons even "I" don't fully understand, I think that, from time to time, you are out to make it all about me. To "get" me. Otherwise I would not designate you as a Stooge now and again. Only with Aventador there has never been a time when [with me] he was not a Stooge.

He gets what he deserves. You know, if "I" do say so myself. And since I believe it is not just a coincidence that my Stooges here are objectivists, I see their reactions to me very, very differently than you do.

That's why Moreno/karpel tunnel always fascinated me. He is the first pragmatist Stooge I have ever come across.

And, sure, I can walk away from all of my Stooges here.

But where's the fun in that?!!


Phyllo wrote: If that's your idea of fun ...

If that's what you want ...

Then don't change anything.


Look, I could see your point here if I was not doing my best to sustain actual philosophical discussions here at ILP:


https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=170060
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 8&t=195930
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 8&t=196100
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 8&t=196110
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=175121
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=195600
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=176529
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 5&t=185296
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=175006
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 5&t=186929
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=195614
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=195964
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 5&t=185296
https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... 1&t=194382

Hardly any mention of Stooges at all here.

And over and over and over again, I make the pledge that if anyone here wishes to sustain a serious and civil discussion regarding the things of most interest to me philosophically, it won't be me who first resorts to huffing and puffing.
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 42174
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:49 pm

Aventador wrote:And, yeah, it's obvious to everyone here that this fine gentleman never set foot in Vietnam.

Even his friends and supporters basically said that, even though he never went there (because it is obvious), it is more of a rhetorical device that they defend as legitimate.

My good man.


K: and yet, I have said I believe he has gone to Vietnam because what he has said
corresponds to what I have heard from others who went to Vietnam, but more
importantly I don't understand why this is such a sticking point for you?

Why is this such a big deal for you?

Personally I can't see what is the difference is whither he went or not?

Because it only seems to matter to you...my guess is you are using this to
avoid answering the hard questions that IAM poses... you are avoiding taking
accountability or responsibility for the questions IAM has posed for you.....

you won't take any responsibility for your own existence....
you won't explore what the modern condition is, which is fragmented
and fractured....but you aren't the only coward here, you are
just another person who won't undertake an honest exploration of what
means to be a modern human being.. fragmented and fractured....

hide if you must, but don't pretend to be anything other then a coward....

Kropotkin
PK IS EVIL.....
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 9820
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Aventador and iambiguous go at it

Postby iambiguous » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:03 pm

Curly-Joe wrote:
never went to Vietnam wrote:Now, I will not myself participate in any new exchanges with her. She prefers that I don't and I fully respect that.


Good then, it took some doing, but if this is the case you should no longer be running into me.

Unless, of course, it enters your pretty little head again that it might be a good idea to fuck with me.

Your beautiful golden butthole is my belonging now.


Simply unbelievable!!!

He actually imagines that I'd do anything to keep him from coming after me!!! As though I hadn't longed turned this into mere entertainment. You know, while waiting for godot.

Unless, of course, he does have a "condition". Or this is all just his own way of entertaining himself. For example, sustaining the delusion that he is making a mockery of me more than I am making a mockery of him.

As for my "beautiful golden butthole" now belonging to him, well, you tell me.

Yo, phoneutria!!
He was like a man who wanted to change all; and could not; so burned with his impotence; and had only me, an infinitely small microcosm to convert or detest. John Fowles

Start here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=176529
Then here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296
And here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=194382
User avatar
iambiguous
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 42174
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: hanging out with godot

PreviousNext

Return to The Sandbox



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users