Do you love philosophy? well... do ya ;o)

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Do you love philosophy? well... do ya ;o)

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:27 am

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ILovePhilosophycom/122031717830978 - if you are on Facebook then please 'like' ILP's community page.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Re: Do you love philosophy? well... do ya ;o)

Postby cheegster » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:40 am

Done. Snazz the page up a little!
I have a Philosophy Youtube channel, 'Philosophy On Ice' --> https://t.co/ia1RjkzuHc
cheegster
Thinker

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:44 am

I was thinking the same thing :D... Carleas?

Some pics and text and a nice vase of flowers on the table should spruce the place up a bit, and make it feel more like the ILP we know and love. :P Any edits on there need to be made by the page creator I assume, so I will leave that in the capable hands of Carleas.
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby cheegster » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 am

Perhaps some potpourri.
I have a Philosophy Youtube channel, 'Philosophy On Ice' --> https://t.co/ia1RjkzuHc
cheegster
Thinker

Postby MagsJ » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:03 am

Any particular scent, or not fussed? :confusion-shrug:

...or perhaps a scent that smells of philosophical wit and (no) charm :lol: Just kidding about the no charm bit eheh.. just that brainiacs are supposed to have no charm, ohhhhhhh #-o

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:51 am

We are up to (only) 7 likers - come on people.. click that button.... you know ya wanna :wink:

MagsJ

Postby Faust » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:12 am

Good idea. Just "liked" it..
Faust
Unrequited Lover of Wisdom

Postby Only_Humean » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:21 am

Magsj wrote:http://www.facebook.com/pages/ILovePhilosophycom/122031717830978 - if you are on Facebook then please 'like' ILP's community page.

I just liked it, but I can't see who else likes it (except Faust, who I already know on Facebook). Is this something to do with it being a 'company'?

The biology of purpose keeps my nose above the surface.
- Brian Eno
Only_Humean
ILP Legend

Postby Mr Reasonable » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:42 pm

Facebook is gross. I do love philosophy though, and I have tons of charm.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby MagsJ » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:29 pm

Smears wrote:Facebook is gross. I do love philosophy though, and I have tons of charm.

So we won't be seeing you on FB any time soon then? :D

I guess we are all in the 'philosophy appreciation society' then :lol:

...I can vouch for your charm and wit Baby :wink:

MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:42 pm

The feeling is mutual miss.
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Postby MagsJ » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:35 am

This is a hard audience to please #-o ...we are stuck at 9 likers :-?

MagsJ

Postby Leander » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:48 am

Philosophy should be kept away from social networking sites, unless one feels insecure and needs the support of the status quo.
"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society."
- Edward Bernays

I have found little that is "good" about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all. That is something that you cannot say aloud, or perhaps even think.
- Sigmund Freud

(Psychoanalysis and Faith: The Letters of Sigmund Freud and Oskar Pfister).
Leander
Thinker

Postby cheegster » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:21 pm

Magsj wrote:This is a hard audience to please #-o ...we are stuck at 9 likers :-?

I reckon it's because the page is shit, it offers nothing...
cheegster
Thinker

Postby MagsJ » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:31 pm

Leander wrote:Philosophy should be kept away from social networking sites, unless one feels insecure and needs the support of the status quo.
Stop projecting, and start looking at this for what it actually is.. me trying to help promote ILP on Facebook, as just a few weeks back Carleas and I were the only likers and I thought that sucked. :lol:

I have no insecurities... not a single one [-X in-fact... my problem is the opposite, and I find that that can be just as detrimental to personal relationships too :confusion-shrug:

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:27 pm

cheegster wrote:
Magsj wrote:This is a hard audience to please #-o ...we are stuck at 9 likers :-?

I reckon it's because the page is shit, it offers nothing...
The page needs to be ILPed up, I agree - would attract much more attention and traffic then, so will have a word with Carleas about getting that done.

MagsJ

Postby Floyd » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:56 pm

A shame there's so little going on on this page. We need to spice it up a bit.
Floyd

Postby MagsJ » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:24 pm

We will... hopefully :P

Will keep you updated on the branding progress...

MagsJ

Re: Do you love philosophy? well... do ya!

Postby MagsJ » Mon May 16, 2022 11:47 am

_
Re-branded and re-asked, post-'21st Century lockdown(s)

Well.. do ya?

MagsJ

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon May 16, 2022 3:12 pm

Liked. & kept liking. Or laugh-reacting.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Mon May 16, 2022 3:21 pm

I do. I really really do. I was born to .

Jus' sayn'.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon May 16, 2022 3:24 pm

P.s. Google or fb search Shanghai lockdown.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon May 16, 2022 3:27 pm

Meno_ wrote:I do. I really really do. I was born to .

Jus' sayn'.

It’s interesting that we were born to want/become More, but it wouldn’t surprise a butterfly.

- Irenaeus
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby MagsJ » Tue May 17, 2022 8:26 pm

Meno_ wrote:I do. I really really do. I was born to .

Jus' sayn'.

Say away, say away.. as opposed to sail(ing) away, sail(ing) away..
On the high seas of reason.. as opposed to treason..
With outfits galore.. for every passing season..
For if One is going to reason.. at least it should be done in style..

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:38 am

_
When my prose is wasted on the forlorn, I go it alone.

Say away, say away.. as opposed to sail(ing) away, sail(ing) away..
On the high seas of reason.. as opposed to treason..
With outfits galore.. for every passing season..
For if One is going to reason.. at least it should be done in style.

MagsJ

Return to The Sandbox