Becoming Communist

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: Becoming Communist

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:56 am

That's kind of disgusting.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Sculptor » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:23 am

Pedro I Rengel wrote:Damn commies.

If they didn't have all those insurance laws, pharmaceutical companies would have to compete to attract clientele and prices would be halfway sane. I mean percocets aren't THAT expensive to make.

Come to think of it, why don't you have insurance? You have a job, right? You would probably pay a pittance for these meds.

You are such a dickhead.

Drug prices are lower in the UK since the (commie) National Health Service is large enough to bid for economies of scale.

In the US, there is a race to the higherst price because of your laughingly called "free market".

The NHS is not an insurance scheme. That is its strength.
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:26 am

They're not lower you stupid cum gargler, the end client doesn't pay the full price in the UK either.

What a pathetic excuse for a man.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:30 am

Sculptor wrote:National Health Service is large enough to bid for economies of scale.

The National Health Service is not large enough. The banking sector in England, which funds it, is large enough.

What price they actually pay for those drugs, nobody knows.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:32 am

And by the way, insurance companies in the US don't pay the full mark-up price either. They also get discounts on scale bids.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby promethean75 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:24 pm

promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby promethean75 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:35 pm

Update:

Oxycodone and steroid prescriptions obtained. Locate a medical facility equipped with an MRI and begin negotiations with practicing physician to begin diagnosis and treatment plan. Pay absolute minimum to obtain said services, and throw all bills arriving in the mail thereafter, directly in the trash. Prepare for impending assaults by debt collectors. Repeat step three. Empty kitchen trashcan of junk mail medical and debt collector bills into Rubbermaid trashcan. Move Rubbermaid trashcan to curb for waste disposal truck access.
promethean75
ILP Legend

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:38 pm

promethean75 wrote:I'm right there with ya keter. I haven't slept in two days or been able to remain standing for longer than fifteen seconds without collapsing. I go to wake med emergency at 3:00 a.m., they give me some ibuprofen (which I already have), a pamphlet of exercises (which I already know), and refer me to a chiropractor who won't take me without insurance. The nurse dumps the pills in my hand, I tell her I'm not taking the shit, and I walk out. I spent a total of fifteen minutes in that room, got nothing out of it, and will be sent a bill for upwards of $800. And I still owe em for the $2000 eye drops I got last year.

Now I've handled this leg length discrepancy myself for over twenty years, and never have I had an episode like this. Even when I was wrongfully imprisoned and ignored by the doctors, I made it through. I used to trade food from my 1,200 calorie a day diet (you don't get as much food as regular population when you're in ICON because you're locked in a closet sized room for 23 hours a day and don't move around much) for pain and/or sleeping pills. I used to take so many of em I would throw up. Dry heaves usually, cuz I didn't have much food in my stomach - I traded it for pills. It was either constant hunger or excruciating pain.

Anyway, I've never been in pain like this before. I am literally writhing around on the floor as I type this.

Haven't worked in three weeks. I'm gonna hold out until I'm either broke or in such pain that I can no longer tolerate it. Then I'll go back, but I'll be further sacrificing my credit rating because I'll never pay em a fucking dime.

K: I hear ya....
I too have felt pain that staggers one...a few years ago, we/I had a major medical issue,
the bills ran up over $350,000 and even with insurance, we had to cough up $70,000 bucks
which just about emptied our savings.. we have had some issues since and although
we make middle class money, we are falling behind because of all the medical bills....

any who defend our current system that allows people to become bankrupt over
medical bills, those people are not pro-life, but pro-money, pro-property...
because if people die because they can't afford their medicine, and you are ok
with that, you aren't pro-life and if you are ok with people suffering in a great
deal of pain with no possibility of being able to pay for it, such as you,
then you are not pro-life... but pro-money/pro-business....

I hold that free health care is a human right along with breathing fresh air
and drinking non-toxic water is also a human right.. one that all, ALL, human
being ought to have...and that millions if not billions around the world don't have....
and allowing that type of poverty isn't pro-life... it is pro-money.....

Kropotkin
Now if only I could get the other "members of the collection of truth"
to put me on ignore, life would be good..

PK
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend

Postby WendyDarling » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:06 am

https://www.zerohedge.com/weather/first-big-winter-storm-season-bring-feet-snow-western-us
The first significant snow event of the year comes as concerns mount some US power grids are unprepared for cooler weather. The green energy transition has been such a failure, pushing up natural gas prices worldwide, that nearly a quarter of US utilities are switching to coal this fall/winter. But declining mining output and labor shortages have resulted in low coal supplies and utilities might be forced to initiate rolling blackouts to protect grids.
=D>

Pushed Commie initiatives to save the planet will end up causing more carbon output than ever when the green initiatives fail to power the grids. That and you get to freeze in your homes without internet access. :lol:
WendyDarling
Heroine

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:23 pm

In terms of revenue, the medicine industry is larger than the arms industry, whereas the costs are a fraction of a percentage.

Mostly its Swiss and Bavarian owned.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
The Wheel - The Tree
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Pedro I Rengel » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:17 pm

And, no matter where you are in the world, there is fucky legislation around it.
Pedro I Rengel
ᛈᛖᛉᛖᛉ

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:00 am

When you confront a commie with some facts

https://youtu.be/UOYi4NzxlhE?t=127
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
The Wheel - The Tree
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Previous

Return to The Sandbox