The Deep State

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: The Deep State

Postby encode_decode » Sun May 02, 2021 6:47 am

I won't address your post directly as most of it was meant for Gloominary.

Fixed Cross wrote:Insanity is a kind of cauldron, philosophy can absolutely not exist without it - yet many take the cauldron for the potion.
Its reversed from the normal picture - the stern cauldron containing the fiery soup; here we have the vessel of fire shaping in its midst the instrument, that mind which we forge, the philosophers stone.

I think we have all picked up some bad habits over the years and because I focus so strongly on the mind while everyone else is dealing with ethics, politics, and whatever else...perhaps there are times I do make my assault on another mind or take advantage of whatever naivety I come across...I am not sure that I am doing this consciously...I would prefer to think of myself as intentionally fair. I do hope that my impact on others is not detrimental. I am not sure I would be able to achieve my level of satisfaction in life any other way. When on the hunt, I never just follow one scent. For the sake of clarity, I don't mind exposing myself a little.

...or perhaps you are flexing on me, Fixed...

:lol:
I will build a nerdlike structure in 2021
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun May 02, 2021 6:49 pm

Just take care that you don't overextend. That's really all there is to it I think. To love to fight is a great blessing.
The strong act as they may, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Nietzsche's Heritage; The Philosophy of the Future - Some Music - The Magical Tree of Life
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby encode_decode » Mon May 03, 2021 12:20 am

Words are like a spell. Intent can be difficult to detect. Big corporations know this.

Fixed Cross wrote:Just take care that you don't overextend. That's really all there is to it I think. To love to fight is a great blessing.

I appreciate that FC. That is good advice coming from one person to another - at the end of the day we are people and we do our best to have each other's backs - I don't like all the bad things about life but some of them have to happen even if we don't like it when anything bad does happen. Sadly my mother lost her fight in the late afternoon yesterday and passed away after having a stroke the other day. The fight for the near term will just be to appreciate the good memories and not fall apart - she would not want that. A man has to mourn but I will make room for smiling - she would want this. Keeping things simple.

:D
I only meant that the cat knows - or discovers - that we can toss it out a window at any time = "authority". Dogs accept that notion more quickly - not as willing to test it. O:) - obsrvr524
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon May 03, 2021 6:50 pm

Very sorry to hear that encode, my condolences.

-I deleted some impertinent personal stuff.
Last edited by Fixed Cross on Tue May 04, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Thucydides
Nietzsche's Heritage; The Philosophy of the Future - Some Music - The Magical Tree of Life
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon May 03, 2021 7:04 pm

Our western society is so hollow and depressed because, I think, we have given up honoring our ancestors. Another depth we aren't ready to acknowledge. Freud is in part to blame for this with his focus on hostility between parents and children but it is as old as Christianity, which basically condemns all human lineages to trivial waste. Vikings believe that up to eight generations of ancestors are constantly vying for dominance in us. You can take this as simply the latent genetic patterns that want to become manifest in us.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby Gloominary » Wed May 05, 2021 12:12 am

Fixed Cross wrote:I think what you designate as the deep state is what I would simply designate as bored rich people. Who get in "cahoots" with parts of deep state simply because that is very interesting.

There's long records of British nobles simply screwing around with the citizenry, causing wars and food scarcity and doing all kinds of intense stuff just because they can. Because they're just extremely bored, because thats what happens if you're born into a life of absolute wealth, meaning wealth you can literally not possibly exhaust.

I see such things as a psychological phenomenon. Just imagine you have sixty trillion dollars at your disposal, and you are bored. Contemplating that situation actually explained a lot to me.

The official definition of deep state is the one I gave, unelected officials with far more experience and knowledge than elected officials. People who invariably shun the limelight, because for them the opposite is the case as what I the case with those standing for election - the less is known about their existence the better it is for their employment prospects.

It is all excruciatingly pragmatic and franky banal. There is nothing truly intellectually "deep" or mysterious about any of it, at least not in the absence of illusions.

Boredom as their chief motivation for messing with us, interesting, I never considered that before.
Gloominary
Philosopher

Postby encode_decode » Wed May 05, 2021 6:07 am

Fixed Cross wrote:Very sorry to hear that encode, my condolences.
-I deleted some impertinent personal stuff.

Thank you for your condolences FC - I am here to read everything that I have time for, which included what you deleted.
I honestly appreciate the humane thoughts presented. You honor your creation.

Gloominary wrote:Boredom as their chief motivation for messing with us, interesting, I never considered that before.

Boredom is another one of those things that people are not usually aware of up until the point that they say they are bored. This is significant because those that don't acknowledge it are not being fully mindful. Essentially they are not in tune with themselves(can't think of another way to put this at the moment). This can be every bit as dangerous as being more fully aware because it is uncontrolled, unrestrained, and presents what iambiguous would call a condition.

Your own statement which I quote should hint that motivations are based on more than simple things like goal-based behavior. Motivation as it turns out is based in the same area of the brain as addiction.
We generally view addiction as an unrestrained process.

I will again say this: Words are like a spell. Intent can be difficult to detect. Big corporations know this.

Along with this are those things that big corporations are not aware of doing. Things that fall under the umbrella of business processes can become a problem, these things are never perfectly evaluated before being implemented and never take into account every "end-user". Along with intentional outcomes are the unintentional consequences that come with some of these processes. These consequences often unknowingly work in the corporation's favor. This is not to say that all processes are bad and it is also not to say that some consequences do not backfire on the corporation - nearly all if not all corporations manage for the potential risks but more often than not, mostly from an economic perspective. Big corporations are now facing the problem of staying in control of their own decision-making abilities because the human world is too complex for humans to manage. Somewhat reminiscence of a ground vehicle with no brakes. Shit is out of control...

Add this to the government, the deep state, and a generally "blind" population, and everything is...how could I say it...pandemonium(for want of a better word). This has been a constant for a long time. We are all at odds with each other and SADLY this is nothing new. The only benefit to it being nothing new is that it should be obvious how to fix all of this...perhaps humans are even more stupid than we originally thought.

...and here is the spooky part; this is associated with all that rambling on I was doing about imagination: try to imagine the unseen enemies hiding in every corner of our existence.
Something to ponder every now and then but nothing to be consumed by...
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu May 06, 2021 1:27 am

Thanks.

G wrote:Boredom as their chief motivation for messing with us, interesting, I never considered that before.

Yeah it explains quite a lot in a very simple way. So simple it mostly goes below the radar of the intellect.

Compare how a young boy in the summer might play with ants, blocking their paths, guiding them, seeing what happens if this, that, is done to them,
or compare how a very beautiful girl might play with the hearts of many men simply out of boredom -
or how a cat plays with a mouse
it is a natural instinct.

Boredom and the absence of challenges are largely the same -
a strong will produces challenges no matter its position - but most rich people have weak wills. So they just play, listlessly, with whatever allows for an easy win or a laugh.

There's a note of optimism in there too - because what do you really want to happen when you play such games? What are you really waiting, hoping for?
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Postby encode_decode » Thu May 06, 2021 3:53 am

No response required to this unless anyone chooses to.

Fixed Cross wrote:Yeah it explains quite a lot in a very simple way. So simple it mostly goes below the radar of the intellect.

There is a lot of ground that can be covered with such a concept embedded in the words: goes below the radar of the intellect.

You are an advocate of the intellect - this is something that I have noticed over time. Reasoning to me is like the end-game.

Take the following:

What are two apples plus 3 lemons? and of course, the answer is: 5 pieces of fruit

It is surprising how many people get this wrong - if not wrong provide a different answer. Some people think it is a trick question and others try to solve it as a joke. This is an example of people finding the answer they are looking for - more specifically - choose to look for. A simple example of tunnel vision. Reason can be a form of tunnel vision too - so guessing right or reasoning right is like being at the end game. Simply put, to get to the end game we need to take a look around first. A small leap of imagination shows why some arguments between people are futile and seem like a waste of time.
encode_decode
Philosopher

Postby Fixed Cross » Thu May 06, 2021 7:11 pm

If I have two applies plus three lemons, I have a requirement of honey and walnut. The outcome of all well made arguments is enhanced life.

My intellect has been a sword too sharp for its sheath - my intellect roams, it plunders and makes fires, it just is, it doesn't need to go anywhere and yet it arrives in all kinds of sublime majesties, as well as gruesome hells, naturally. I remember vividly the metals drip from the rocks overhead, now my sword is shinier. I dont remember precisely how it happened. Inside the fire it is dark.

The endgame is the true game. I refuse to memorize openings but I am good in the endgame. I rattle bones in the endgame.
- Thucydides
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper

Previous

Return to The Sandbox