I solved it.

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:56 pm

You systematically reviewed the thread & restated every assertion I already addressed, ignoring how I addressed them, not engaging, just reiterating.

You like the effed up way you see things.

You ignore solutions.

Because you take comfort in obsessing.

And you’re afraid of the silence of neutralized obsessions.

You know there’s a whole universe of problems waiting to be solved? Real ones, even. Zero real contradictions.

I didn’t watch your vid. Solution to unreal problem uninteresting.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:06 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:You systematically reviewed the thread & restated every assertion I already addressed, ignoring how I addressed them, not engaging, just reiterating.

You like the effed up way you see things.

You ignore solutions.

Because you take comfort in obsessing.

And you’re afraid of the silence of neutralized obsessions.

You know there’s a whole universe of problems waiting to be solved? Real ones, even. Zero real contradictions.

I didn’t watch your vid. Solution to unreal problem uninteresting.


My 10 minute video will wake you up.

It disproves everything you state.

I ignored a couple of your points because they weren’t central to the theme, and you ignored almost all of my points.

I don’t have an effed up view of the world.

The world is effed up. You, live in a fantasy bubble.

That a child starving is not a problem is a fantasy bubble. It’s actually quite sick.

Here’s the deal, I had to acknowledge spirit at a certain point. Some people think that’s a fantasy bubble because they’ve never been forced to see it.

It’s like explaining the color green to the blind.

If you do know of spirit and how powerful it truly can be, my video will show you exactly what we can do with it.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16014
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:48 pm

I put in a video that didn’t give context...

This one gives context:

https://youtu.be/ewxfN_i7d04
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16014
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:47 pm

I can’t watch your video because you claim it solves all your three (2!) fake problems with spirit. I know it probably shows something like on that movie K-Pax where the alien (was he really alien?) goes to his planet and comes back real quick and you’re still just looking at that guy/alien doing nothing with a good poker/actor face (p.s. fond of the actor, terrible with names). However, I still can’t watch it.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ecmandu » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:50 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:I can’t watch your video because you claim it solves all your three (2!) fake problems with spirit. I know it probably shows something like on that movie K-Pax where the alien (was he really alien?) goes to his planet and comes back real quick and you’re still just looking at that guy/alien doing nothing with a good poker/actor face (p.s. fond of the actor, terrible with names). However, I still can’t watch it.


You have no clue what you’re talking about.

Literally, and I’m telling you this literally ...

You have no clue what you’re talking about.

That means I have to wash your diapers for the rest of your life.

Everyone shits.

Not everyone needs it cleaned by another.

You are either a child or infirmed with no gratitude.

You’re not an adult yet.

Someday you will be.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16014
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ichthus77 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:03 pm

We’re all adults here. That’s what’s so poopy-diaperish about the whole thing. Lol. Jk.

Enjoy.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:42 pm

Giving it another go. Fix where it goes sideways. Nothing sexual …

All solutions are variations of treat the other as self and self as other (equality/cooperation principle)… correspondence principle…

1.) consent violation: the assumption only equals can consent, and any differences constitute power imbalance and thus violation of consent

Solution: The greater/rich should redefine great/rich and be servant leaders/sharers. Size is irrelevant to consent… a large nation should respect the no … or the yes … of a small nation, and vice versa.

2.) the negative zero sum problem: the assumption that everyone should win

Solution: Work this out in conversation that tweaks terms until double standards are removed.

3.) the pleasurable exclusive access problem: the assumption that all resources should be shared (everyone should win) equally

Solution: Everyone who does their part should have their basic needs met. They should be free to choose what part that is within their abilities. No one should be able to take anything from them that would result in their basic needs not being met.

Some of my thoughts on arranged marriage are relevant:

https://www.facebook.com/10000369670299 ... 22579/?d=n
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ichthus77 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:48 pm

Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:58 am

Aaaand now I am remembering John Rawls’ prioritizing of liberties, opportunities, and resources.

Was this an act from the beginning? Even your vids? LOL.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:00 am

You’re a fucking idiot.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16014
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:11 am

Ecmandu wrote:You’re a fucking idiot.


Why?
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:29 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:You’re a fucking idiot.


Why?


Because you think existence is perfect when it’s not.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16014
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:57 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
Ichthus77 wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:You’re a fucking idiot.


Why?


Because you think existence is perfect when it’s not.


No. I think existence is really fricken messy and wild… and perfect.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:20 pm

Everybody has their own perfect.

Yours is not mine and mine is not yours.

That’s when the spirits come together and decide about the plan we all made TOGETHER and decide whether to keep it as it is or add a patch to it.

I’m offering a patch. Not in the direct sense of a computer simulation, that’s just an analogy.

If you can solve everyone’s individual perfect simultaneously...

That’s an upgrade.

Look in my spirit ... see my upgrade.

The current plan only works for very few people.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16014
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:39 pm

It has to work for all or none or no deal.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ecmandu » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:02 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:It has to work for all or none or no deal.


Yup. That’s the way it works.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16014
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ichthus77 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:01 pm

Well that’s pretty lame. LOL.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:54 am

Ichthus77 wrote:Well that’s pretty lame. LOL.


When you change the ENTIRE plan, it’s not about domination or democracy. It has to be unanimous...

Your plan has to be THAT good.!
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16014
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:06 am

Well it was the “or none” bit that doesn’t really work. For anybody. But that’s basically because I phrased it wrong. However nothing’s ever going to be unanimous. Somebody’s going to have to call the shots.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ecmandu » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:22 am

Ichthus77 wrote:Well it was the “or none” bit that doesn’t really work. For anybody. But that’s basically because I phrased it wrong. However nothing’s ever going to be unanimous. Somebody’s going to have to call the shots.


I’m wiser than you. It doesn’t work that way.

You’re talking to a spiritual prodigy.

I’m going to make (from your perspective) the ‘impossible’ occur.

I have a plan for this too.

I’m going to lay out the options people have in the current plan (they all suck btw... big time!)

Then I’ll drop my patch.

It’ll be unanimous.

I’m not worried about that.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16014
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: I solved it.

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:32 am

I solved it too.

I'm going to start driving my car backward through my neighborhood regularly... because technically there's not a law against it.

If a cop issues me a ticket, I'll fight it in court.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ichthus77 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:29 pm

“Against such things there is no law” lol

Gang of aging philosophers whose collective bucket list is unenforced laws or as-yet unprohibited nuisances.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:07 pm

I solved it logically. *phew* I thought I’d have to resort to the ineffable!
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 16014
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:22 am
Location: Duh. Existence. I'm sure that'd be wrong on SAT's!

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:24 pm

Ecmandu wrote:I solved it logically. *phew* I thought I’d have to resort to the ineffable!


I would watch that video.

LOL
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

Re: I solved it.

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:33 pm

Ecmandu wrote:I solved it logically. *phew* I thought I’d have to resort to the ineffable!


Elsewhere you posted this video where you say instead of possessing spirits, you possess bodies. Still violates consent. https://youtu.be/ewxfN_i7d04

It violates consent *even if* you only think/feel/do/say stuff that body would not object to as anything other than cognitive distortion or indigestion.

If you *really* cared about someone getting everything they want, you’d stop trying to find a way around the consent problem.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas

“ Gloria Dei est vivens homo. “
Trans.: The glory of God is man fully alive.
- Irenaeus

Excuse #2 why I’m not dating: I want to be able to say I haven’t shaved in a decade.

Excuse #1 “I wouldn’t want to join any club that would have me as a member.” - Groucho Marx

Excuse #3: I wouldn’t want to get too attached right before Mutually Assured Destruction.

Follow me for more excuses.
User avatar
Ichthus77
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 6171
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: pale blue clump of star particles

PreviousNext

Return to The Sandbox



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ecmandu