good news bad news

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

good news bad news

Postby Parodites » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:33 pm

So my doc is going to be retiring in a few months, and I have no hope of finding another willing to prescribe to me the amount of drugs he did.

So I decided to give something a try: opium itself. The natural product from which the drugs I use to live are synthesized. Two sources- dried poppy pods, and poppy seeds. You break them up and brew them into a tea with a little acetic acid. I did so, knocked the bitter concoction back, and found that it had the exact same effect as the drugs I use. Felt like about 40-50 mg of Oxycodone.

And the best thing, it's legal. Because of technical loopholes in the law, it is not illegal to grow poppy or to buy the dried flower pods and seeds, even in bulk. I got like a 10 pound bag of raw seeds and a few pounds of dried pod. See, it would be illegal to "process" the dried pods and seeds into a form for human consumption, like opium latex, or a tea, or heroin obviously. But once you have the pods in your house behind closed doors, who is gonna know if you brew a tea out of them and slam it down your gullet or not?

So basically I recommend everyone go out and feast on the proud Poppy. The pods and seeds are widely available in bulk online, and like I said, it is perfectly legal to buy them.

Opium, the source of most of man's greatest intellectual achievements. Every Romantic-era artist and writer basically used it: Nietzsche, Proust, Coleridge; go down the list. This substance is a balm for mortality itself.

It eases all pain. Mental and physical, and emotional. That is what Paracelsus said. It detaches the mind from the mire of the body and allows it to soar into a free atmosphere of its own, in which it can experience ecstatic revelation.

So even when my source of pills runs dry, as I always knew it must, I've found a true replacement. I use Kratom, which I love as well, as a way of tiding myself over, but the Opium poppy provides a true replacement for the pills.

The barbiturates though ... I will need to find a way to replace those as well. Perhaps I will move to Xanax and exploit my alleged anxiety disorders.
Qui non intelligit, aut taceat, aut discat.

BTHYS TOU ANAHAT KHYA-PANDEMAI.
-- Hermaedion, in: the Liber Endumiaskia.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,
in formis perisseia mutilata in omnia perisarkos mutilatum;
omniformis protosseia immutilatum in protosarkos immutilata.

Measure the breaking of the Flesh in the flesh that is broken.
[ The Ecstasies of Zosimos, Tablet
the First.]
Parodites
Philosopher

Re: good news bad news

Postby MagsJ » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:22 pm

_
As someone who lives in constant muscle pain, I’ll be checking it out.. I remember eating poppy-seed covered bread-rolls when a child, but now all other seeds but they are ok? Weird and suspicious, huh?

Thanks for sharing ; )
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby Parodites » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:25 am

Use the pods over the seeds. It takes a pound of seeds to get one good high, but only 2 or 3 pods. And you can buy the pods by the pound and kilo. I'll send a few links here.

At least in the US and Canada. In some countries, importing actual poppy pods is illegal. But in the US and Canada, and some other countries you can buy them in bulk, as much as you want.

Be advised you are consuming actual morphine, (when you make the tea and let it set, you can actually see a white powder start forming at the bottom of the glass... yeah that's pure crystallized morphine and thebaine.) which is the primary alkaloid in them. That means you will fail drug tests for morphine use, and if you take too much, you can die. And if you use it regularly, you will experience mental and physical addiction. And you can overdose and die as easily as you can with any pill or shot. So only use 2 or 3 pods. This is one of the most ancient forms of Opium use, making tea with the pods specifically.

Here is a good write-up on the history of this form of opium use, and how to actually make tea from the pods:

https://patch.com/california/santacruz/ ... scovered-3

And to actually buy the pods:

https://www.driedpods.com/products/3-5l ... poppy-pods

https://www.poppypodssellers.com

These are "organic" pods, meaning untreated. The pods and seeds you get at the store have been heated to destroy the morphine in them. But make no mistake, these untreated pods are every bit as legal as the treated ones in the store.

Basically, you just mortar and pestle the pods into a powder, or break them up in a coffee grinder, and brew a tea. Add a little lemon juice to help the morphine extract better into the water. Drink it, you'll be floored on morphine. Adjust the amount of tea you consume if you don't want to be that high and just want some pain relief.
Qui non intelligit, aut taceat, aut discat.

BTHYS TOU ANAHAT KHYA-PANDEMAI.
-- Hermaedion, in: the Liber Endumiaskia.

ΑΝΤΗΡΟΠΑΡΙΟΝ,
in formis perisseia mutilata in omnia perisarkos mutilatum;
omniformis protosseia immutilatum in protosarkos immutilata.

Measure the breaking of the Flesh in the flesh that is broken.
[ The Ecstasies of Zosimos, Tablet
the First.]
Parodites
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:42 pm

_
Currently reading through your last post..
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:57 pm

_
“Many people use extracts from this seductive plant with full knowledge that the consciousness-shifting chemical compounds that it contains carry the risk of extreme physical addiction and maddening psychological dependence.”

That’s not very reassuring to read :| ..as someone who gets high just from breathing air, I think I’ll give this remedy a miss, lol.. it’s not for me.

“The flowers of Papaver Rhoeas (common poppy, corn poppy, field poppy) have long been used as a painkiller for soothing mild aches and pains (e.g. toothache, earache and sore throat), a mild sedative/relaxant, an expectorant for treating catarrh and coughs, as a digestive, and even for reducing the appearance of wrinkles and in lipstick. Traditionally, two methods of preparation have been employed: fresh petals used to prepare a syrup, and dried petals added to water to make an infusion.”

This variety of poppy (containing zero opiates) is a better option for me, as it has no psychoactive or addictive properties whatsoever. I’m not interested in getting high, just in good pain relief.. and if it fails in that, there’s always CBD. :wink:

__
I do find life dull without (Bio) wine.. which I use to supplement my low calorie intake with, and to also both physically and mentally unwind when wanting to be in relaxation mode. Even birds and animals supplement their energy intake with fermented (alcoholic) fruits, as there’s only a certain amount of solids that the gut can process in any given day.. those extra calories are usually much-appreciated by the depleted body, when had.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:21 pm

_
An interesting occurrence to note.. during my last fibro flare-up, I started (subconsciously) imagining myself gulping down bottles and bottles of liquid opiate during the ensuing days.. morning noon and night, and my symptoms surprisingly lessened.. they were still there, just less intense.

Psychosomatic

I wouldn’t say that the mind can solely heal, but it can help start the healing process.

MagsJ

Return to The Sandbox