An essay about faculty-student romantic relationships

Half-formed posts, inchoate philosophies, and the germs of deep thought.

An essay about faculty-student romantic relationships

Postby dsk502 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:30 am

Hello, everyone. I wrote an essay on universities banning faculty-student romantic relationships.

Link: https://simon-1257137667.cos.eu-frankfu ... ned_v1.pdf

Do you agree with me? Please share your opinions.
dsk502

Re: An essay about faculty-student romantic relationships

Postby Ichthus77 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:33 am

If I found out one of my profs was dating a fellow student, I would wonder if grading was done fairly. Seems as wonky as the casting couch, or sleeping your way to the top of wherever. Or bribing your way into grad school. Yada.

Freedom is not the highest value. Empty all jails, fire all law enforcement, and find out how much you appreciate the freedom for freedom’s sake.
Fall semester ends 12/16/22. Apologies if I do not reply immediately.

“In choosing myself, I choose the other.”
- A marriage of Sartre & Levinas
Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:44 pm

Teenagers are very attractive to both men and women.

This is like a father who takes advantage of his daughter. I hope this person doesn’t have children.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby dsk502 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:44 pm

Ichthus77 wrote:If I found out one of my profs was dating a fellow student, I would wonder if grading was done fairly. Seems as wonky as the casting couch, or sleeping your way to the top of wherever. Or bribing your way into grad school. Yada.

Freedom is not the highest value. Empty all jails, fire all law enforcement, and find out how much you appreciate the freedom for freedom’s sake.

I know that there is no absolute freedom in the world, and freedom needs necessary limitations. My essay doesn't mean that "freedom is doing anything you want". In fact, it was in 1980s that American universities started to restrict or ban faculty-student romantic relationships. The ban is related to the second wave of feminism. Before the second wave of feminism, or the "sexual liberation", the sexual value was conservative. At the time, out-of-wedlock births and common-law relationships were depreciated, but faculty-student romantic relationships were not banned. After the second wave of feminism, the sexual value has become more open, but some universities started to restrict or ban faculty-student romantic relationships. The limitations have changed over time. I remember I have read an article, which says that the sexual liberation may enable some people to get sexual resources more easily (which is a negative effect of sexual liberation). Then, I wonder whether sexual liberation was one of the reasons which led to the bans on faculty-student romantic relationships. When something (sexual liberation) goes to the extreme, it goes to the opposite. So, the bans on faculty-student romantic relationships might be the results of freedom going to its opposite! And how to define the word "freedom" is a problem.
dsk502

Postby dsk502 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:57 pm

Ecmandu wrote:Teenagers are very attractive to both men and women.

This is like a father who takes advantage of his daughter. I hope this person doesn’t have children.

Maybe not. What I have discussed is the faculty-student romantic relationships in universities. In universities, sometimes the professor and the student are about the same age. In that case, it is not like "a father who takes advantage of his daughter".

But if the student is not an adult, the faculty-student romantic relationship should be banned.
dsk502

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:21 am

Ec, university kids are usually over 18… except maybe child prodigies. Not really the issue here, though. Anyway. When I saw A Beautiful Mind, it made me wonder… was John allowed to date Alicia when she was his student? Aren’t there professional standards? To me it seems like crossing a line, though maybe not as serious as in a counseling relationship.

Maybe not a big deal for some course subjects. I dunno. I don’t see much difference between learning counseling and counseling, for example. They both go through the same motions. And philosophy can go deeper than some counselors (need to) go.

But even if it was just wood working … there should be no teacher’s pet. There is an expectation of every student being held to the same expectations, and even if one professor has the ability to treat everyone fairly even if dating one of them, I would think research would bear out that it is unreasonable to expect that in general. Expecting the opposite & basing professional standards on it, exceptions are unfair to others who abide by the standards.

A lot of work environments don’t allow coworkers to date for same & other reasons.

And yet… folks sneak around the standards all the time. Just sayin. Grade fairly, bare minimum.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:35 pm

I’ve met many male professors in my life. Oh the stories they can tell about college women.

One extremely common one is the girl says, “can I see you after class?”

Then they pull up their shirts, show their boobs and ask for an A.

All the ones I’ve met (in psychology PhD programs - the chair so to speak). Yell at them and immediately tell them to leave the room.

These are people I’d trust with having a daughter.

When someone dates a student... very different psychology.

You know... it’s highly likely they masturbate to that girl when they get home. I’ve heard some change grades. I suppose seeing beautiful supple breasts is a job perk for teachers. Male ones for the most part. And sex happens a lot too.
The purpose of life is to give everyone individually what they always want at the expense of no being - forever.

The biggest problem of life is the, “hey, I don’t want this to be happening” problem for everyone.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:19 pm

I tried the program myself, but didn't quite pass go without landing into BS.therefore switched to a double doll, but even
that put me in trouble on hind sight.

So switched progroms to leberate arms, so that the use could lead to abuse.

But there was an element of uncertainty involved, as is between that act, and the original apple ceded one which appears immenently wrapped a round the problem of bringing one to the elementary teacher.

This is the breaking point, the first of 3 crisis, and this first three in one analysis becomes indiginous ironically into a double expansion of 9 into 3 OR the compression alternative reversely of 3 into the 9..

Since the continuum is an ironic fallacy or reversely again,
the idea of the netaphirc to realistic reversability of potential into actual and vicars versa ~ makes structural change one of optically allusive change of polarity.

Simply basic illusions of judgement weather a glass is half full or half empty is a literal example in critical judgement be the reasoning can be imagined 2be actualized.

ref: none -continuous blow-up to 3rd tee ( clear crystal twin 'altar) ~ meaning don't even think of trying to clear your mind before advancing 1 -3, figuring would be counterproductive.
moving from 4-7 equally so, until realizing the values befween, it's not only a complete waste if time but axiomatically (automathematicallt) reduces it's self >0<

When it is ready, if can progress digitally in 3 pairs of 2 & beyond .
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:20 pm

Meno_ wrote:I tried the program myself, but didn't quite pass go without landing into BS.therefore switched to a double doll, but even

But there was an element of uncertainty involved, as is between that act, and the original apple ceded one which appears immenently wrapped a round the problem of bringing one to the elementary teacher.

This is the breaking point, the first of 3 crisis, and this first three in one analysis becomes indiginous ironically into a double expansion of 9 into 3 OR the compression alternative reversely of 3 into the 9..

the idea of the netaphirc to realistic reversability of potential into actual and vicars versa ~ makes structural change one of optically allusive change of polarity.

Simply basic illusions of judgement weather a glass is half full or half empty is a literal example in critical judgement be the reasoning can be imagined 2be actualized.

ref: none -continuous blow-up to 3rd tee ( clear crystal twin 'altar) ~ meaning don't even think of trying to clear your mind before advancing 1 -3, figuring would be counterproductive.
moving from 4-7 equally so, until realizing the values befween, it's not only a complete waste if time but axiomatically (automathematicallt) reduces it's self >0<

But watch out for #4, for it really is the first configured first dyad6.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:22 pm

Ecmandu wrote:I’ve met many male professors in my life. Oh the stories they can tell about college women.

All the ones I’ve met (in psychology PhD programs - the chair so to speak). Yell at them and immediately tell them to leave the room.

You know... it’s highly likely they masturbate to that girl when they get home. I’ve heard some change grades. I suppose seeing beautiful supple breasts is a job perk for teachers. Male ones for the most part. And sex happens a lot too.

Let’s get to the nitty gritty of this.

Fathers will always find an excuse to see their daughters naked who are in this spectrum. The ‘good’ ones just masturbate to them alone ... the bad ones rape them.

None of these people are good.

Teachers who date students are no better.

Any good teacher who meets a girl after class should have their first sentence be, “hold on, before you do anything, don’t sexualize yourself for a better grade. I’ve seen it a lot.”

Subconsciously, they want to see those breasts and act morally indignant when they see them.

So they don’t say that.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:34 pm

Well the honest answers are appreciated.

I proverbially flip off with both hands any teacher that was harder on me than a set of tits. Assholes!

And yet this is the universe God allows.

Lol like it matters.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:43 pm

Ecmandu wrote:
Ecmandu wrote:I’ve met many male professors in my life. Oh the stories they can tell about college women.

Let’s get to the nitty gritty of this.

Fathers will always find an excuse to see their daughters naked who are in this spectrum. The ‘good’ ones just masturbate to them alone ... the bad ones rape them.

None of these people are good.

Teachers who date students are no better.

Any good teacher who meets a girl after class should have their first sentence be, “hold on, before you do anything, don’t sexualize yourself for a better grade. I’ve seen it a lot.”

Subconsciously, they want to see those breasts and act morally indignant when they see them.

So they don’t say that.

The stakes are simple. 120 years is not going compared to infinity.

For eons you’ll go to hell for excluding others that gives you pleasure... even in a 120 year life.

But you feel like you have to have it now.

So do I.

The difference between us is that I have the power to do it.

I can force all men and women to remove their clothes and fuck the last person they’d want to fuck.

I’m a horny dude... with mindblowing power.

So. I wait. I know 120 years means nothing. And I know the consequences are severe.

It’s not easy until I think about the consequences of exclusion.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:50 pm

“fire insurance” doesn’t work on people who lack fear and are attracted to fire

They just need a taste of what they’d be missing.

It’s weird. Weird is good.

I’m done w this topic.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:53 pm

Meno_ wrote:
Meno_ wrote:I tried the program myself, but didn't quite pass go without landing into BS.therefore switched to a double doll, but even

But watch out for #4, for it really is the first configured first dyad6.

The potential dropping of the geni in the bottle was dropped ingeniously guarded by under grad advise, to be assumedly recovered seeside, but blindfolded unrequited, undecknowledged requisitions - by selective conflicting reduction to an analogue of intuitively choices, had crossed the rubicon of irreversible certainty.

That sustaining a status quo of irreversibility, is the apprehension of the magical utility of the complex variable assumptions :

Like that of treating Levi(Bruhl&Strauss)& Co. as simultanious coupling doubles, thinly disguised in the varieties of religious and ethno graphic roles.

That reduction to the much larger parapheniminal.matrux to the source-de source complex ; as a credible pseudo scientific mythological artifact=== much reduced to the yet unconvincing archetypal demonstration of the transcendental imminence, and reversely, begs the very question of the assumption, the assuming need of giving what appears to be as a foundation , rather than a premirdial reason which could not sustain a self as one that constructs that cushion of certainty fir fear of collapse.

The end result, having had the opportunity to bi pass such apparent disjunction by fiat accompli, gaining foothold info the third triad, can and must sustain the ground that this first has doubled by a magic that really is extra curricular.

The reducible Source if the sorcery is by now well documented in the history of hermetic allusion , where the understanding if structural change between metaphisucal particles and metaontological realities ears being progressively cross wired with a 49 to 51 percent actually 49.99999999999999999999999999999999999>0
to 41.11111111111111111111111 < 0 percent probibility of primate facea show of certainty , of which predetermines which.

Any failure of either will disqualify both .
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:59 pm

t.the above is meant only as a precurser to point to an appreciation unresolved, and no notice if which is required except one that could differentiate between a absurd notion alluded to by an established styalistic narrative coined as 'absurd' from merely wharf may be conceived as a word salad attempt to find some ground of realization.
( between the two) #= second level of altercation between black and white analogue
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:11 pm

Let me put it this way.

I’m horny as fuck. I meet beautiful women in spirit and body constantly. I have the power to force them to take their clothes off and fuck me without anyone laying a finger on them.

You need a carrot. A drive. A tension. To do this job right.

You never act on it but you always want it.

To be perfectly honest... a sex crazed maniac who always wants to have sex but can’t, even though I always can ... is also a perfect choice to patch analog.

You think in 120 years... I think in forever.

If I’m patient enough... I’ll get everything I want.

That will only happen when you get everything you want also without exclusion.

Some of you might be seduced by my power. Just like I am. But I have a job to do here.

Giving up 120 years is nothing compared to the prize.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:50 pm

EC

Practical yo solution:

Come to the edge, look down toward the abbiss and loose vertigo by repeat performance until the fear of discovery, patiently leaves discovery of non trusted seminal theories leaving traces behind.

Do this long enough and the essential will come to you axiomatically reabsorbed toward higher aspirated objectives.

Don't take this literally without some assistance by a guru.

A monk in plumbing was kind enough all the negative karmic effects acquired by years of abusive relationships

3 firms of wisdom:

1 Don t be mad

2 Dong compare

3 p Don't worry
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ecmandu » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:52 pm

Meno.

I’m not humoring that post.

I can respond to impressionistic/postmodern word combinations...

You’re starting to crack. Meaning... offensive.

In this world... I swallowed all the shit in one gulp.

I’m using alchemy to help you out...

Alchemy of spirit.

Meno. My soul would make a person like you insane forever... it would tear it apart in a minute.

That’s why I’m here.

To fix that problem.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:14 pm

No worries, the cosmic crack is what bothers me, me no Humpty Dumpty has Proven survival certificate( priority issues not exempted from that equation because it's all inclusive on a second tier level.

Next up 5 the level structural reorientation should not fracture even in between states.

That is why maybe I shouldn't have come through with i though trollish like, bue dethrolled inoffensive signification of purely metaphorical infent.

But again, I also may be wrong ...

If so, full apologies extended
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:19 pm

I say this but in war, simulated or nof, metaphors, how guardedly pasted over with subtle irony, melt, into the ether or, of existential reliance.

I promise not to press on for You not being the real enemy in global ters. but even in abjection to that propositional principle; the reduction to near absurdity rests on the common practice of dress up to the other side.

And that IS axiomatically reactive, even fooling the two always required principal participants.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:20 pm

Hoping my 'fix' is not Your Problem and conversely.
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:03 am

Ecmandu wrote:Meno.

I’m not humoring that post.

I can respond to impressionistic/postmodern word combinations...

You’re starting to crack. Meaning... offensive.

In this world... I swallowed all the shit in one gulp.

I’m using alchemy to help you out...

Alchemy of spirit.

Meno. My soul would make a person like you insane forever... it would tear it apart in a minute.

That’s why I’m here.

To fix that problem.

Or, vice-versa, that is there are theories which make literal the idea of magnetic resonance through smpathic opposites.

Which means only that you demonstrated to visibly leap out the existential box leaving me inside the box. It does not can nit crack me up, for your leaving Your iw. dispersive feeling of the need to go to that level.

If i was digitally wired up and You an were programmed to receive on an analogue system You probably felt that a break was imminent.
You sought to transcend the break by bailing out.

Now was that a leap of faith , or something more pressing.

I am again on the sand page. albeit without the concurrent substance of Your Being
Meno_
The Invisible One

Postby Ecmandu » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:44 am

Meno.

I’m going to leave a hyperdimensional copy of myself here when I leave.

That’s one of the patches I have to do.

I’m not abandoning you when I leave.

I’m also adding a patch where I can pull you up with a hyperdimensional copy of your hyperdimensional reality to check up on you.

The magnitude of the patch I’m adding to analog will floor you.

Welcome to thinking.
Ecmandu
ILP Legend

Postby Ichthus77 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:50 am

Don’t believe him, Meno_. He’s all pitch and no follow-through. He’s strung us along for how many years now & not once has he stood and delivered. Jk.

Ichthus77
ILP Legend

Postby Meno_ » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:57 am

Ec, thanks for that, listen I could do little without patches or cuts as I thin these are very similar concepts.

At this sand time, I worry .y continuous contensiin is becoming as burdensome as it may also become boaring. Is will cut back and settle mire into a concurrently similar and advantageous position so that the hypwr-mirriring as You call it: the cross channeling of various sources as I di, may settle into one that resembles more association then not.

For the company of us three maybe four with the intermittent participation of MagsJ maybe others will feel shut off from such cutting up

Dint go!
Meno_
The Invisible One

Next

Return to The Sandbox