Global matters..

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Re: Global matters..

Postby origami » Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:46 pm

I know I'm just blabbering at this point, but it's like she crawled into my mind, picked anything there was there of value, and put it in a speech.
There's no one thing that's true. It's all true.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:36 pm

Now, of course, beyond the immediate issues of campaigning, her main weakness is that she knows all the truth, further, she understands the value itself of saying the truth instead of attempting to pander, that is, she understands that people will be more swayed by being treated with respect and straightforward clear thinking than shit they know is half-baked lies but which attempt some grab at some emotion they hold dear, she has caught on to the new paradigm which I have outlined here within which it is not who can spin a prettier tale that wins the game, but of whom the actual truth speaks best, that people will always prioritize things they can confirm for themselves is truth over lies they would like to believe, as proven by Trump, but she hasn't grasped the concept of 4d chess. This is obviously attributable to the fact that, unlike Trump, she has no experience in high stakes high roller big money tables, even though her personal history is one of earnest hard work and competence, already putting her ahead of, well, almost everybody. She never asked for anything, she appreciates what is real because she comes from a third world shithole tyranny like yours truly, and her clarity of mind alowed her to tie her own path to wider economic and political realities. Her grasp on the truth is clear and firm. But she doesn't know how to calculate in her brain all the plays that will be needed for high-stakes wins. The game that so far only Trump has been able to play is maintaining the clarity and honesty of a Badenoch while employing the calculation of a Magnus Carlsen. Moves and counter moves. Sensitive positions. Areas of attack. Areas of defense. In every sentence Trump speaks, he is attacking and defending seven different positions within a wider strategic movement. He allows the audience to understand things, to assume things, and to ask themselves things.

I've always said that engineers would make the best executives, for the exact reasons she mentions in her speech. This is something the wider business world is likely to gravitate towards in the coming decades. But the fatal weakness they have is a lack of awareness of power, positions of power, and how to project power.

All of this said, I think it is obvious just from this speech that there is no possible superior candidate. If this person became British Prime Minister, the world would take a great leap forward. But she should definitely start reading The Art Of The Deal. I think she has what it takes.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:38 pm

Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:37 am

_
Suella Braverman, the candidate with the lowest number of votes in the second ballot,
is eliminated.

DC4E4AFF-EBFB-4D1D-A80E-E10D84A9310B.jpeg
DC4E4AFF-EBFB-4D1D-A80E-E10D84A9310B.jpeg (95.07 KiB) Viewed 806 times
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek

Postby MagsJ » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:46 am

_
Having not watched this yet, I will.. over the weekend..

The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
MagsJ

Postby origami » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:48 pm

It looks like you might be getting an official unofficial Liberal Democratic government.

The left in England is a lot smarter, I find. They have two parties, which means that they can accomodate most views while retaining a block on votes that matter. But the right only has one party, the Tory party, and that one party has to try to accomodate the views of a group of people at least as varied as the views that exist in the left. What ends up happening is that one faction, even in cases where it is a clear minority faction, imposes its will on the whole party.

What the right in England needs is a Lib Dem party. A party that is free to represent positions to the right of the current Tory party, but also free to align itself with the Tory party as a block on votes that matter.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:49 pm

And just leave the current Conservative party to "big tent" or "one nation" conservatives like Rishi Sunak or Penny Mordaunt.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:52 pm

The more "centrist" conservative party that would remain would, I believe, also make those same "one nation" conservatives happier and free to dissociate from more traditional conservative views that they are forced to "pander" to, like limited government or free market laissez-faire.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:14 am

_
That’s my concern, not yours.. nor your business.

MagsJ

Postby origami » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:18 am

Your concern? What are you, master of all conservatives in England?
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:34 am

_
..a political pundit, I guess One would say.

MagsJ

Postby origami » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:20 pm

Anyway, I learned a lot of respect for Michael Gove. He's a lot smarter than I had thought. I'll post an interview I saw below, if that doesn't violate your rules of political punditry!

Watch out if Gove isn't thinking the exact thing I said.

Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:32 pm

I loved his response about the "trans issue."

"I'm not an expert in that area."

I never sat down to listen to him speak before, you can see the intelligence in his eyes. But you can see why he will never be prime minister. He enjoys the game too much. 50 years ago that would have been a great advantage, but nowadays people like to vote for "pure souls." Maybe it's for the best, though. Maybe his destiny was to shape British politics rather than lead them.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:22 am

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/tor ... the-ballot

I find it interesting that the author of this article still doesn't rule out Johnson managing to stick around, mainly for the same reason I stated earlier.

I also find it interesting that, if general elections are really 2 years away, and the new establishment prime minister (Sunak or Truss) turns out to be the public relations catastrophy that some of us predict, it is very much in the cards for another vote of no confidence to happen, another Conservative leadership election, and Gove to be proved a genius.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:25 am

_
Stanley speaks, on Boris’ position.

MagsJ

Postby origami » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:39 am

Last edited by origami on Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby origami » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:42 am

Ernest Hemingway
origami
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:45 am

_
Trump: “What was she doing in Taiwan?”

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:28 am

_
The last couple of minutes.. some revelations.

Joel Gilbert discusses why he thinks Michelle Obama will run for President in 2024.

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:54 am

_
'Lawrence Jones Cross Country' host Lawrence Jones joined 'Fox & Friends' to discuss the latest on the FBI's Trump raid and Joe Rogan's thoughts on the motive behind the incident. #FoxNews

MagsJ

Postby Sculptor » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:40 am

MagsJ wrote:_
'Lawrence Jones Cross Country' host Lawrence Jones joined 'Fox & Friends' to discuss the latest on the FBI's Trump raid and Joe Rogan's thoughts on the motive behind the incident. #FoxNews

There is no part of this that is not complete shit.
Let's just take one phrase...
"I have never seen the Trump Supporters so upset".
Really? How? How many of the millions still stupid enough to be paying attention to Trump did you ask?
How big was your sample? Or are you just sitting at home on your spotty black ass wanking off to Fox News?

This is nothing more than pure propaganda, there is no journalism here at all
Ichthus77 loves himself
Sculptor
Philosopher

Postby MagsJ » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:08 am

_
The US is gagging for China to invade Taiwan so that they can step in.. a presenter asked Biden “you won’t step in for Ukraine, but you will for Taiwan” and Biden said that that was correct. The presenter looked shocked.

Why is the US so keen to do that, to want to enter China.. for what?

MagsJ

Postby MagsJ » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:09 am

_
The real reason why Donald ran for Office..

Joe Rogan: “It was Obama talking shit about him 100%” :lol:

MagsJ

Postby Mr Reasonable » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:55 am

MagsJ wrote:

Why is the US so keen to do that, to want to enter China.. for what?

it's the role and the destiny of the united states to dominate and control the entire world
pending
Mr Reasonable
resident contrarian

Location: pimping a hole straight through the stratosphere itself

Previous

Return to Society, Government, and Economics