Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby gib » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:45 am

Hello, hello, hello fine folks of ILP. Iambiguous and I were discussing dasein the other day (imagine that) and it became apparent that what Biggy needs from me is to engage in a discussion with a trucker who was there in Ottowa during the Freedom Convoy protest to see if I can get him (or her) to, at least, understand my metaphysics of consciousness as it applies to the protest, and at most, see how said trucker responds to persuasions based on my metaphysics of consciousness to change their (moral?) position on whether or not vaccines should be mandated on truckers before they are allowed to cross the border in pursuit of their work (this is going to be especially difficult because I actually support the truckers, so maybe we ought to stick to the "at least"--see if they can understand my metaphysics of consciousness and how it relates to the trucker protest).

Now it's not clear whether Biggy's criteria for this experiment would accept, not a trucker who was there protesting in Ottowa, but simply a trucker who supported the protest, or a protester who was there but happened not to be trucker, or just a trucker supporter in general. Neither is it clear whether the trucker protest they were involved in or supported need be that in Ottowa, or the one in America, or in any of the other numerous nations across the world that held their own trucker protest against their governments. But knowing Biggy, I think he just wants to see what happens when my philosophies clash with those of someone who has entrenched opinions about the trucker protest, the one in Canada or otherwise.

(And come to think of it, I think what would satisfy Biggy more would be the same discussion but with someone against the trucker protest--at least that way, the discussion could easily extend beyond just seeing if they understand my metaphysics of consciousness and go into an actual debate--sticking of course to what my metaphysics of consciousness has to say about it--Biggy, you tell me!)

So if we have any truckers on this board who actually participated in the protest in Ottawa, great! Even more great if we have anyone who simply supported the protest here in Canada or abroad. Even even more great if we have anyone you definitely did not support the protest, here in Canada or abroad. And in all cases, preferably someone who doesn't quite understand my metaphysics of consciousness or, if they do, doesn't agree with it. And of course, anyone is more than welcome to participate regardless of whether they want to take up the challenge or has an opinion on the matter. But Biggy will only be satisfied, I think, with a trucker or protestor who was actually involved somehow. Is that you? If it is, welcome to the experiment. Let's see what Biggy has to say about the way a discussion between you and I pans out.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

"Why, I haven't been that entertained since the stock market crash of 1929! Ha! Ha! Ha!... So many orphans."
- Alastor the radio demon

"I want to watch the scum of the world struggle to climb up the hill of betterment only to repeatedly trip and tumble down to the fiery pit of failure."
- Alastor the radio demon

"`With all due respect’ is a wonderful expression because it actually doesn’t specify how much respect is due."
- Alastor the radio demon
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9310
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:01 am

The topic is simple and doesn't need any complexity to understand.

Less than 100 years ago, the Eugenics Movement ramped-up in Central Europe, under the Nazi Regime. The population was forced, against their will, to receive medical injections and be experimented upon. Many were outright Exterminated systemically. That movement was the natural consequence of the Spanish Flu in the 1920s. So, history repeats, in this case, it repeats exactly.

Some of the masses, about 33%-50%, refuse to participate in the global Pharmaceutical-Industrial-Complex next big push for Eugenics and medical experimentation. The Trucker Protest is only one of the major resistances against this, as Humanity wishes to protect its blood & soul from these tyrannical monsters and this rising, pervasive Evil.

And here's another simple point. The "Covid Vaccine" doesn't even stop Covid infections; so it's not a vaccine—or it must be admitted to be ineffective and useless. Retards like lamb, are not worth wasting my time, and worth nobody's time. Similar to retards like PK and Sculptor, no amount of rationality or reasoning will be effective in 'convincing' them, because they are already slave-minds who have bought-into this new Eugenicist Movement.

They are like good little Nazis of the 1930s. Except this time, it will be the 2030s. Retards like lamb, PK, and Sculptor are good little mind-slaves, that will support the Totalitarian, Fascist, Globalist regime.


Here is a Final Argument.

Anybody who desires to forcibly contaminate my Blood, or that of my Kin, is an enemy and Evil of the utmost Evil.

This is a war, to the death. If you kill my family, then you better prepare to sacrifice your own. World War 3 has already begun.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby Peter Kropotkin » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:06 pm

[quote="Urwrongx1000"]The topic is simple and doesn't need any complexity to understand.

Less than 100 years ago, the Eugenics Movement ramped-up in Central Europe, under the Nazi Regime. The population was forced, against their will, to receive medical injections and be experimented upon. Many were outright Exterminated systemically. That movement was the natural consequence of the Spanish Flu in the 1920s. So, history repeats, in this case, it repeats exactly.

Some of the masses, about 33%-50%, refuse to participate in the global Pharmaceutical-Industrial-Complex next big push for Eugenics and medical experimentation. The Trucker Protest is only one of the major resistances against this, as Humanity wishes to protect its blood & soul from these tyrannical monsters and this rising, pervasive Evil.

And here's another simple point. The "Covid Vaccine" doesn't even stop Covid infections; so it's not a vaccine—or it must be admitted to be ineffective and useless. Retards like lamb, are not worth wasting my time, and worth nobody's time. Similar to retards like PK and Sculptor, no amount of rationality or reasoning will be effective in 'convincing' them, because they are already slave-minds who have bought-into this new Eugenicist Movement.

They are like good little Nazis of the 1930s. Except this time, it will be the 2030s. Retards like lamb, PK, and Sculptor are good little mind-slaves, that will support the Totalitarian, Fascist, Globalist regime.

K: the above is just conspiracy babble.. the kind UR loves, however there is this...

UR: Here is a Final Argument.
Anybody who desires to forcibly contaminate my Blood, or that of my Kin, is an enemy and Evil of the utmost Evil.
This is a war, to the death. If you kill my family, then you better prepare to sacrifice your own. World War 3 has already begun.

K: and we get how clueless UR is... he can't even tell the difference
between an "argument" and a "statement"...These last lines
are statements, not arguments....

Kropotkin
Now if only I could get the other "members of the collection of truth"
to put me on ignore, life would be good..

PK
Peter Kropotkin
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 11203
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 am
Location: blue state

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby MagsJ » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:47 pm

_
I’m all for peaceful protests, so yes.. I fully supported the truckers’ protest.

Did they ever get their GoFundMe funds, unfrozen? that was unbelievable..
The possibility of anything we can imagine existing is endless and infinite.. ~MagsJ

I haven't got the time to spend the time reading something that is telling me nothing, as I will never be able to get back that time, and I may need it for something important at some point in time.. Huh!? ~MagsJ

You’re suggestions and I just simply don’t mix.. like oil on water, or a very bad DJ ~MagsJ

Examine what is said, not him who speaks ~Arab proverb

aes Sanātana Dharma Pali: the eternal way ~it should not be rigid, but inclusive of the best of all knowledge for the sake of Ṛta.. which is endless.
User avatar
MagsJ
The Londonist: a chic geek
 
Posts: 25062
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Suryaloka / LDN Town

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun May 01, 2022 8:01 am

MSM blacked-out the trucker convoy protest just like they did the Waukesha Massacre.

This is the type of Evil that Kropotkin endorses.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby gib » Sun May 01, 2022 5:01 pm

Thanks for joining everyone. Glad to see this thread has spurred some debate, but as I mentioned in the OP, the real focus is whether, at the very least, I can get you to understand how my metaphysics of consciousness ties into the trucker protest, and at the very most, whether I can change your stance on the trucker protest, assuming you're against it, with my metaphysics of consciousness (of course, Biggy will have to chime in and let us know if he wants us to go that far). The ultimate goal is to provide Biggy with something that can satisfy his requirement that "The next time there's a trucker protest take these arguments to them. See how they react to it."

This was prompted by my attempt to oblige Biggy's request to tie my metaphysics of consciousness to the trucker protest:

gib wrote:Ok, that might be an interesting exercise. But I know it's not gonna make sense to you. We'll try anyway. So let's see... I would say that everything going on with the trucker protest is a projection of my mind (and any other mind also aware of or experiencing it). But because the mind carries within it the seeds of being, it projects it as an actual event happening in the real world. That it is right or wrong receives a similar treatment. The morality of it projects from my mind (my emotions and conscience in particular) and becomes the actual moral standing of the trucker's cause.


^ So this is what I have to, at least, get you guys to understand, and at most, get you guys to agree with and then use it to change your stance on the trucker protest (God, I've got my work cut out for me).

So this is the question I put to you: does the above make sense or do I have to back up and explain my metaphysics of consciousness?

I'm also going to ask each of you (in turn) what your relation to the trucker protest is. It's pretty clear (so far) where you stand on it, but are you a trucker? Were you involved in the protest (in Canada? In America? In the UK?). Did you participate in some way? Donating? Hosting a BBQ in Ottawa? Did you speak out against the protestors?

Go ahead and have your debate around me, but please take a moment and address my questions above. Thank you.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

"Why, I haven't been that entertained since the stock market crash of 1929! Ha! Ha! Ha!... So many orphans."
- Alastor the radio demon

"I want to watch the scum of the world struggle to climb up the hill of betterment only to repeatedly trip and tumble down to the fiery pit of failure."
- Alastor the radio demon

"`With all due respect’ is a wonderful expression because it actually doesn’t specify how much respect is due."
- Alastor the radio demon
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9310
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby gib » Sun May 01, 2022 5:10 pm

MagsJ wrote:_
I’m all for peaceful protests, so yes.. I fully supported the truckers’ protest.

Did they ever get their GoFundMe funds, unfrozen? that was unbelievable..


I believe, by law, the gofundme and givesendgo funds had to be released, but I have no idea whether the money went to the intended recipients are back to the donors. I believe also that people's bank accounts had to be thawed, not all at once but some sooner than later. As far as I'm aware, we still do have some political prisoners (like Tamara Lich) of whom I have no idea whether or not their bank accounts are still frozen.

The problem with the MSM, on both sides, is that they love to tell you bad news but not good news. So we definitely knew when the government froze the gofundme and givesendgo accounts and people's bank accounts, but whether they thawed them or how and when and how the whole thing unfolded in the aftermath, they don't tell us.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

"Why, I haven't been that entertained since the stock market crash of 1929! Ha! Ha! Ha!... So many orphans."
- Alastor the radio demon

"I want to watch the scum of the world struggle to climb up the hill of betterment only to repeatedly trip and tumble down to the fiery pit of failure."
- Alastor the radio demon

"`With all due respect’ is a wonderful expression because it actually doesn’t specify how much respect is due."
- Alastor the radio demon
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9310
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby AquariaXI » Thu May 05, 2022 10:54 pm

The truckers are awesome!
AquariaXI
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:42 am

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:05 am

My relationship to the Trucker Convey is quite simple.

It was common sense early on, that enforcing mass "vaccination", of a substance that is not even a vaccine, that has not been trialed, and lied about every step of the way, is Unjust. So all those actively rejecting it, and all organizations formed to reject it, are Just.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby gib » Tue May 10, 2022 2:41 am

AquariaXI wrote:The truckers are awesome!


Urwrongx1000 wrote:My relationship to the Trucker Convey is quite simple.

It was common sense early on, that enforcing mass "vaccination", of a substance that is not even a vaccine, that has not been trialed, and lied about every step of the way, is Unjust. So all those actively rejecting it, and all organizations formed to reject it, are Just.


Are either of you truckers, or were you at the time of the protest? Were you involved in the protest in some way? The Canadian one or otherwise?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

"Why, I haven't been that entertained since the stock market crash of 1929! Ha! Ha! Ha!... So many orphans."
- Alastor the radio demon

"I want to watch the scum of the world struggle to climb up the hill of betterment only to repeatedly trip and tumble down to the fiery pit of failure."
- Alastor the radio demon

"`With all due respect’ is a wonderful expression because it actually doesn’t specify how much respect is due."
- Alastor the radio demon
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9310
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Tue May 10, 2022 8:19 am

The convoy and destination were nowhere close to where I lived, otherwise I would have gone if it passed-by my area.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby gib » Wed May 11, 2022 4:50 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:The convoy and destination were nowhere close to where I lived, otherwise I would have gone if it passed-by my area.


Very well. I don't suppose Iambiguous would care whether you are a trucker or were at the protest. I imagine if you were, you'd be arguing the same things you'd argue here.

In that case, I'm going to ask my follow up question:

Does this make any sense to you:

gib wrote:I would say that everything going on with the trucker protest is a projection of my mind (and any other mind also aware of or experiencing it). But because the mind carries within it the seeds of being, it projects it as an actual event happening in the real world. That it is right or wrong receives a similar treatment. The morality of it projects from my mind (my emotions and conscience in particular) and becomes the actual moral standing of the trucker's cause.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

"Why, I haven't been that entertained since the stock market crash of 1929! Ha! Ha! Ha!... So many orphans."
- Alastor the radio demon

"I want to watch the scum of the world struggle to climb up the hill of betterment only to repeatedly trip and tumble down to the fiery pit of failure."
- Alastor the radio demon

"`With all due respect’ is a wonderful expression because it actually doesn’t specify how much respect is due."
- Alastor the radio demon
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9310
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sat May 14, 2022 9:27 am

Everything can be boiled down to "projections in our minds". But that doesn't really mean much, to most people. That's neither here-nor-there, when it comes to political disputes and arguments.

Most people don't care about Metaphysical mumbo-jumbo; it belongs in philosophical and scientific contexts only. Most people don't know, or care, how their mind "projects" empathic feelings and emotions to the outside world and throughout humanity.

What matters is that people share values, morals, common enemies, and organize such. Politics is more practical. If Vaccines are poisons, and do more damage than cure, then the trucker protest is Righteous, and any "projection" be damned. All those who oppose, must confront this logic, or be destroyed.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby gib » Sun May 15, 2022 12:24 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:Everything can be boiled down to "projections in our minds". But that doesn't really mean much, to most people. That's neither here-nor-there, when it comes to political disputes and arguments.

Right, because what it projects as is, well, reality. It defines the world we live in. So rather than speculate on where this world comes from, we engage in it.

Most people don't care about Metaphysical mumbo-jumbo; it belongs in philosophical and scientific contexts only. Most people don't know, or care, how their mind "projects" empathic feelings and emotions to the outside world and throughout humanity.

Right again, except for you and I (well, maybe just me). This brings up a point that may upset Biggy. I'm thinking of you as a fair enough representative of the truckers and protestors because I imagine you'd be saying the same things here if you were... but now I wonder... you may have the same opinions as them, but you're far more inclined to discuss philosophy than I imagine the average trucker or protestor, and I think this makes a difference to Biggy (maybe for the better).

What matters is that people share values, morals, common enemies, and organize such. Politics is more practical. If Vaccines are poisons, and do more damage than cure, then the trucker protest is Righteous, and any "projection" be damned. All those who oppose, must confront this logic, or be destroyed.


Now here's where we can (possibly) get into a bit of debate (Biggy better prepare the popcorn and pull up a seat). The problem is that we don't share common values, morals, common enemies, etc.--we are each other's enemies--but we do share a common material world (Biggy's either/or world). This common material world is just as much a projection of the mind in my theory as our morals and our beliefs, but it is the same for all (or most) of us. Thus, the science can settle the matter relatively quickly, at least on the question of do vaccines cause more harm than good. The problem is which science? Each side claims to have the science on their side. The truckers will fall back on the studies that show that vaccines don't work, that masks don't work, that social distancing and shutting down businesses don't work. The anti-truckers will point the studies that prove just the opposite. So most of us are still stuck in a position where the science that's presented to us is not really rendered materially but conceptually only. We're only given the idea that the science has proven the vaccines to be safe or dangerous, that masks do or don't work, etc. And so the debates rage on.

I don't predict the above will give you too much to disagree with, but to bring this back to the idea of projection, let me ask you: what do you mean by any "projection" be damned? Given that for most of us, the science is still a projection of the idea only, on what grounds do we say "projection be damned"? Do you mean to say: my projected science is right and damn your projected science? Because in this case, you're saying my idea of what the science says (not my first-hand witnessing of the material evidence) trumps your idea of what the science says. Do you believe that, beyond each of our "projections" of ideas, there is an actual real world, an actual truth, that doesn't depend on our ideas, our perceptions, our feelings, our knowledge, etc.? Do you believe there is an actual fact of the matter regarding whether vaccines are safe (or any of the other "facts" that would settle the matter in this debate)? If so, I would say you agree with my projection theory only superficially (i.e. that projection defines our perceptual world but not the real world beyond it). But what would you say if I told you my theory goes much deeper than that? What would you say to the idea that reality itself is constructed out of consciousness--that the real world is made by our projections, that there is no reality that isn't the result of projection? And what difference do you think this would make to your position on the trucker protest?
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

"Why, I haven't been that entertained since the stock market crash of 1929! Ha! Ha! Ha!... So many orphans."
- Alastor the radio demon

"I want to watch the scum of the world struggle to climb up the hill of betterment only to repeatedly trip and tumble down to the fiery pit of failure."
- Alastor the radio demon

"`With all due respect’ is a wonderful expression because it actually doesn’t specify how much respect is due."
- Alastor the radio demon
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9310
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun May 15, 2022 8:09 am

We do have a common enemy in the occurrence of State and Federal Governments threatening the public in various ways, to force them to inject a literal medical experiment. They've threatened bank accounts, jobs, livelihoods, turned family and friends against each other, doxxed, harassed, fined, imprisoned, etc. All of these are not "projections". People have suffered under these policies. The only people who call these "projections" are the ones who Justify these abuses and Injustices, for their own bias and agenda. This is why lamb says as much. Anything he disagrees with, politically, is "projection", because he skips the justification and goes to Enforcement of his own political bias.

Secondly, I can skip the "Science" and go straight to the point. It's common sense. Most people can look around, judge for themselves whether the Pandemic is warranted and Just, if people are dropping dead in the streets --they're not-- therefore people can decide for themselves whether they want to take an admitted experimental substance, which they've lied about its Efficacy every. single. month!

When it comes to State enforcement and mandated a medical injection, that's where people "draw the line", and this is no "projection".

What would you do if the State shows up at your doorstep, needles in hand, to inject you and your family?? Going to lay down and let them???

How about next time???
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun May 15, 2022 8:11 am

Quite frankly, Lamb is too simple-minded to empathize with his political opposition, the "anti-vaxxers".

This is why he dismisses them as "projection" and "objectivists". It's a short-cut, and logical fallacy, so that he can skip thinking for himself, and defending his own reasoning and rationality.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Sun May 15, 2022 8:13 am

The reason I don't "project" is because I do, in fact, empathize with my political opposition. I do understand the reasoning people have for trusting ABC-NBC-MSDNC-CNN, and the mainstream. I do understand how people are motivated by fear and panic, to do whatever Authorities demand of them. I do understand the willingness for most to be taken by propaganda. It's a tough, REAL choice, that people have been forced to make.

I followed it from the beginning though. I studied. I researched. I knew they were lying when they claimed the Covid pandemic came from a "Chinese wet market" instead of the Bioweapon Laboratory right next to the outbreak zone. Common sense.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby gib » Wed May 18, 2022 3:25 am

It seems that you are using a different meaning of "projection" than I am. You seem to be using the typical psychodynamic meaning by which "projection" means (crudely) the unconscious insertion of interpretations from one's own mind. Kind of like the way Biggy projects his "objectivist pinhead" interpretations of the things I say even though he would word things exactly the same way knowing that he means it according to a subjectivist/nihilist interpretation. For example, I say "the sky is blue" and Biggy interprets that as "The sky for certain is blue, objectively and absolutely, and I can't be wrong about that." Meanwhile, he says "the sky is blue" and he knows he means "The sky looks blue to me but maybe I'm misperceiving." If there is no difference between the way I word it and the way he words it, then where is he getting the "objectivist pinhead" rendition of my utterance and where the "subjectivist/nihilist" rendition of his own utterance? From projection. He is projecting the "objectivist pinhead" rendition onto my utterance from his own mind, from his own expectation that I've gotta be an objectivist pinhead, but he is completely unaware that this is where, and only where, it is coming from.

But the "projection" that comes from my metaphysics of consciousness is a different concept. My metaphysics of consciousness is essentially idealism. I suggest doing a quick google search on George Berkeley's idealism (the wikipedia article should suffice). While my idealism is different from Berkeley's on certain points, the essential idea that the world is fundamentally mental is the gist one needs to get. "Projection" is the manner by which we experience our mental states as entities, properties, states, etc. of the world rather than our minds. The content of the world is "projected" from the content of our minds. One can crudely imagine it is like an image projecting onto a screen from a film, but to be precise, this isn't quite accurate. "Projection" isn't a process--it isn't something that "happens" to our mental content--it doesn't "transform" from mental to actual--"projection" just denotes the fact that the mind doesn't feel "mental", that experiences don't feel like "experiences"--they feel like things in reality. The visual perception of a car doesn't feel like a "perception", it feels like a car. We don't look at the car and say "oh look, a perception!" We say "oh look, a car!" Because one of the staples of idealism is that experiences simply are what they feel like, it follows that experience are the things we perceive in the world. It follows from that that "projection" is not a process but the simple fact that experiences are really the things in the world. The idea of projection is useful as a conceptual bridge from the notion of mental content as "mental" to the notion of things in the world, reminding us that when we talk about the mental, we're really talking about the real. In that sense, projection does denote a process but one in our thinking, one by which we "project" from thinking of the mental as quintessentially "mental" towards thinking of it as actual and real. But as for the mental itself, there is no process, there is only the fact that the mind is, at the end of the day, really the world.

^ Does this make sense? ^
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

"Why, I haven't been that entertained since the stock market crash of 1929! Ha! Ha! Ha!... So many orphans."
- Alastor the radio demon

"I want to watch the scum of the world struggle to climb up the hill of betterment only to repeatedly trip and tumble down to the fiery pit of failure."
- Alastor the radio demon

"`With all due respect’ is a wonderful expression because it actually doesn’t specify how much respect is due."
- Alastor the radio demon
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9310
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby Urwrongx1000 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:00 am

gib wrote:It seems that you are using a different meaning of "projection" than I am. You seem to be using the typical psychodynamic meaning by which "projection" means (crudely) the unconscious insertion of interpretations from one's own mind. Kind of like the way Biggy projects his "objectivist pinhead" interpretations of the things I say even though he would word things exactly the same way knowing that he means it according to a subjectivist/nihilist interpretation. For example, I say "the sky is blue" and Biggy interprets that as "The sky for certain is blue, objectively and absolutely, and I can't be wrong about that." Meanwhile, he says "the sky is blue" and he knows he means "The sky looks blue to me but maybe I'm misperceiving." If there is no difference between the way I word it and the way he words it, then where is he getting the "objectivist pinhead" rendition of my utterance and where the "subjectivist/nihilist" rendition of his own utterance? From projection. He is projecting the "objectivist pinhead" rendition onto my utterance from his own mind, from his own expectation that I've gotta be an objectivist pinhead, but he is completely unaware that this is where, and only where, it is coming from.

I simplify the matter and reduce it down to Lamb's mental limitations. Like a typical liberal, far-leftist, ideologue, simple-minded person...these types all default or retreat to a Grand Fallacy mentality. Everything I don't like is "Objectivist". And I can dismiss anything above my intellect as "Objectivist". This is Lamb's compulsion. He doesn't seek to understand or learn; it's more of an unintentional indication of his that he is finished with conversation & debate.

He has reached his mental limit. Other liberals, like Kropotkin, do this in slightly different ways, but they appeal to the same Grand Fallacy. For Kropotkin, he generally gives up when talking about "IQ42" or whatever. They're little details and nuances that signal that their brains have 'retreated' from civil conversation and regressed into pure-emotionalism, Appeals to Emotion.


gib wrote:But the "projection" that comes from my metaphysics of consciousness is a different concept. My metaphysics of consciousness is essentially idealism. I suggest doing a quick google search on George Berkeley's idealism (the wikipedia article should suffice). While my idealism is different from Berkeley's on certain points, the essential idea that the world is fundamentally mental is the gist one needs to get. "Projection" is the manner by which we experience our mental states as entities, properties, states, etc. of the world rather than our minds. The content of the world is "projected" from the content of our minds. One can crudely imagine it is like an image projecting onto a screen from a film, but to be precise, this isn't quite accurate. "Projection" isn't a process--it isn't something that "happens" to our mental content--it doesn't "transform" from mental to actual--"projection" just denotes the fact that the mind doesn't feel "mental", that experiences don't feel like "experiences"--they feel like things in reality. The visual perception of a car doesn't feel like a "perception", it feels like a car. We don't look at the car and say "oh look, a perception!" We say "oh look, a car!" Because one of the staples of idealism is that experiences simply are what they feel like, it follows that experience are the things we perceive in the world. It follows from that that "projection" is not a process but the simple fact that experiences are really the things in the world. The idea of projection is useful as a conceptual bridge from the notion of mental content as "mental" to the notion of things in the world, reminding us that when we talk about the mental, we're really talking about the real. In that sense, projection does denote a process but one in our thinking, one by which we "project" from thinking of the mental as quintessentially "mental" towards thinking of it as actual and real. But as for the mental itself, there is no process, there is only the fact that the mind is, at the end of the day, really the world.

^ Does this make sense? ^

I'm aware of all that and I agree with Berkeley immensely. He was way ahead of the curve when it came to Neurology, Cognition, and Perception/Projection.

Most humans, even intelligent ones, don't realize the nature of their Cognitive Projection, as an inverse of Perception. Most people think "backwards". They believe that what they see/hear/feel/sense in general, are "incoming" rather than "outgoing" as a film projector splays its moving images onto a blank screen. The vast majority of humanity doesn't know how their conscious-mind works, their cognition, their perceptions, or their emotions (Fear/Hope).

This is also apparent in philosophical argumentation, or anything simple like this Trucker Protest applied to the conversation of strangers on the internet.
Urwrongx1000
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 7941
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: Any truckers, protestors, or supporters here?

Postby gib » Thu May 26, 2022 3:00 am

Urwrongx1000 wrote:I simplify the matter and reduce it down to Lamb's mental limitations. Like a typical liberal, far-leftist, ideologue, simple-minded person...these types all default or retreat to a Grand Fallacy mentality. Everything I don't like is "Objectivist". And I can dismiss anything above my intellect as "Objectivist". This is Lamb's compulsion. He doesn't seek to understand or learn; it's more of an unintentional indication of his that he is finished with conversation & debate.


Most people succumb to the Grand Fallacy (as you call it) when pushed far enough. It's a defense mechanism that kicks in when one no longer wants to expend the mental energy to discern nuances and analyze the idiosyncrasies of the particular case they're dealing with. It's the same thing all prejudices are based on: it's easier to just make the assumption that because a particular individual belongs to a certain group, all the attributes you think you can ascribe to members of the group can be ascribed to him/her. The same applies to figuring out which group the person is a member of. Can't figure it out? Just throw him/her into the bucket that's easiest to deal with. That way, you can jump to conclusions right away and do away with the painstakingly tedious (and sometimes dangerous) process of figuring out the individual for who they are. This is an indication that the person is finished with conversation and debate.

In biggy's case, it's exacerbated by the fact that he wants you to be an objectivist. There is no other reason he posts here than to debate objectivists, not even to get support from fellow subjectivists.

Urwrongx1000 wrote:Most humans, even intelligent ones, don't realize the nature of their Cognitive Projection, as an inverse of Perception. Most people think "backwards". They believe that what they see/hear/feel/sense in general, are "incoming" rather than "outgoing" as a film projector splays its moving images onto a blank screen. The vast majority of humanity doesn't know how their conscious-mind works, their cognition, their perceptions, or their emotions (Fear/Hope).


While all that is true, it's still not referring to the type of "projection" I'm talking about. According to the type of projection I'm talking about, it's all "outgoing" (that is, if we have to give it a direction). Even your perception of an external object (a hammer, say) is "outgoing". It is a perception of a hammer, but that perception just is the hammer in the world. If we must put it in terms of a direction of flow (a before and after, if you will), it starts as a perception and then becomes an actual hammer in 3D space.

There isn't anything real that isn't the result of projection.
My thoughts | My art | My music | My poetry

"Why, I haven't been that entertained since the stock market crash of 1929! Ha! Ha! Ha!... So many orphans."
- Alastor the radio demon

"I want to watch the scum of the world struggle to climb up the hill of betterment only to repeatedly trip and tumble down to the fiery pit of failure."
- Alastor the radio demon

"`With all due respect’ is a wonderful expression because it actually doesn’t specify how much respect is due."
- Alastor the radio demon
User avatar
gib
resident exorcist
 
Posts: 9310
Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: in your mom


Return to Society, Government, and Economics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users